Happy Taipei Reviews

Xiaobei Street, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan

What an amazing hostel! Staying at Happy Taipei was one of the best hostel experiences ever. It's located right next to the famous Shilin Night Market, the staff is superb and everything you need is included in the price (e.g. washing machine and breakfast). I highly recommend Happy Taipei and will stay here again when returning to Taiwan!

Best value for your money.

• 6th Jul 2015

Very safe, great staff (that can speak at least 4 languages, very friendly and helpful). Own reading light, free breakfast and tea, all around a great stay.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The breakfast was swellswell.

Amazing place. I love their common areas; kitchen, couches, dining, and balcony. Their free beeakfast is also awesome and delicious.

When I booked at Happy Taipei ( 26-28 June) I had originally booked in the female dorm. However when I arrived, due to my heavy luggage, they were nice enough to accommodate me in a lower floor mixed dorm. I am glad they did because I meet some really great people. The staff are really helpful and friendly. (Thanks Amber!) The location is fantastic, and the night market is around the block. Hostel is really clean, worth the price. If I am ever in Taipei again, I will book with them.

Pros: Super friendly staff, really comfortable beds with actually fluffy pillows, great showers (good water pressure, good temperature control, clean), pretty good location just around the corner from the most popular night market and a short walk to the red line of the MRT. Cons: Really hard to find when arriving as there's no sign outside (I had to call and have someone come outside and meet me). Make sure you get the email from them, as the directions on HW are only to the MRT station.

I have traveled quite a lot, and I definitely can say here is the best place I ever visited! At the first, I was little bit suspicious about the inside because the gate is really narrow and well hided. However, It was just my mistake. Most of all, the sanity was the best ever!! Every day, there are some hired men and women clearing whole hostel. Also, the toilet is really clean. Furthermore, in the inside, it looks and feels like hotel or cozy home. I strongly recommend here for all!!

we were greeted with great hospitality. The receptionist Alice and Amber were very friendly. The environment was great and we enjoyed very much during our stay. Huge thanks to them.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

The hostel staff were really friendly and helpful. I remember one day we were having a nice chat with some foreigners from Korea,Hong Kong, Singapore and Germany. However we were too tired and we forgot to ask their contacts. His name is Philip if I'm not mistaken. Hope the staff can help us to contact them. Really nice hostel and it was really near the shilin night market as well as the shilin mrt station. However, good luck for those who stayed at 5th floor because there's no toilet.

I went to there without expection, but it was really good. I spent my vacation happy with my freind. It was clean, good staffs, and easy to go to Shilin Station. Thankts to Happy Taipei :)

• 21st May 2015
  • South Korea

Everything was impeccable; highly recommend :)

Nicest hostel I've been in! Comfy and convenient

I stayed at Happy Taipei from 11-14 May with 3 of my friends, and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Happy Taipei. The location of the hostel was very convenient, as it was near to Shilin Mrt and the night market. The staff at the office/reception was very friendly and took great efforts in making us feel comfortable during our stay. The most enjoyable part was the sense of communal living in the hostel where we made several international friends. Great value was provided for the amount paid.

• 11th May 2015
  • Singapore

Hostel condition was nice but it was awful at night. I cannot understand that I read the policy of hostel which was after 12am have to be quiet. However some guests drunk after midnight and spoke loudly. Any staff was there. I couldn't sleep well.

• 2nd May 2015
  • South Korea

Hi~ really sorry about that>

I really was pleased to stay this Happy Taipai Hoster for 2 days. The staff was very friendly and all facilities are clean. If I have a chance to visit Taipai again, I am willing to stay here 100%.

• 1st May 2015
  • South Korea

Very nice people here! They always say hi to each other. Easy to go to everywhere! Take 5 mins from Shilin MRT. But ,thought, the six bedroom is very small.It will be for 4beds inside.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

This place is great. Really relaxed and chill vibe. Everything is very clean and tidy. The beds are very comfy and the 8 bed dorm is very spacious with a balcony. Breakfast was good: toast, salad, fruit. Sometimes breakfast was served a bit late than stated but that was okay, you can enjoy some tea while you wait. Really good location to the MRT and the night market

Perfect stay as always, Alice is probably one of the best hostel managers on this planet, made mom and I feel very at home. This place keeps getting better and it's definitely due to the great staff. Loving it!

Great hostel! Staff are super helpful and friendly, lots of common areas, and very clean.