Happy Taipei Reviews

Xiaobei Street, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan

Just 10 minutes walk from Shihlin station. Alice the staff was so nice & helpful! she even pick us at the police station when we were lost, lol :')) Bed is very comfy, but..I have a sensitive skin, avoid hang out at the kitchen too much, since it has no window, bug keep on biting me. I love the interior, very unique! Shihlin night market just at the back of the hostel.

The hostel was in a good location and the staff was very nice. Probably one of the most comfortable beds I've stayed in at a hostel. However I did not like how the bathroom floor was constantly wet because the showers and toilets were in the same stall together. Also had issues with loud roommates and loud guys having parties in the common area from midnight until past 4am on Friday and Saturday nights. Very hard to get sleep and my room wasn't even near the common area.

The hostel was very clean and the location is perfect. It's right next to the biggest night market in Taiwan and down the street from the metro station. I would definetly come back again!

The staff are very nice and the hostel is quite clean. Pretty good location between the Shilin Night Market and an MRT (metro) station.

Enjoyable stay and have fun with the football game in the hostel.

Very nice place and definately worth the money! The breakfast is a little bit boring, just some salad leaves and bread with peanutbutter/chocolate/jam, but not bad considering the price! I really liked the Shilin area and the night market there. There's also a nice gym nearby.

Excellent hostel, clean, free use of washing machine (very rare!), free breakfast (albeit a bit odd, who has salad for breakkie?:)....would recommend

10/10. Absolutely loved this hostel. It was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, location was good, beds were so comfy and I loved the addition of a shelf by each bed. There isn't a big social area for people wanting to meet others but that didn't bother me at all. Will definitely be staying here again!

I normally don't write reviews or stay in hostels. Fun Taipei is an exception and I am truly surprised how good a hostel can be. Location is superb, staff is so friendly and the bed is heaven! This is coming from a spoiled all in vacationer just to put things in context. Very happy to stay here.

Great hostel! Just beware that noise travels and try to get a room not right next to the foosball table.

Great hostel, but for some rooms noise carries. Really laid back and warm atmosphere! 한국어 잘해요!

Good hostel, nice people and quite clean. Only the shower was cold some times and the bed just OK.

• 19th Feb 2015

Fantastic experience. Beautiful common areas, great and helpful staff. Highly recommended!

• 16th Feb 2015

It is very near Shilin nightmarket, convenient for us as we love to walk and shop until after 12 where the MRT stop operating. Dont have to worry about transport back here. Walkable amount of distance to MRT station too. Alot of international travellers. Good interaction. 5th floor no toilet so good luck to those staying there. The water heat isnt consisntent. Sometimes its hot sometimes its cold. We were there during winter and its hell when water turn cold unexpectedly.

Sorry about that. Please don't hesitate to advise our crew during your stay. The water heater fixed. Hope to see you again in nearly future!!:)

Right next to Shilin night market, and a clean hostel!

We love the location and it's reasonable cleanliness considering the number of guests using the facility daily. The staff especially Danny and Jenny were really helpful and accommodating.

The staff were very helpful and always around to answer questions. Rooms were clean and had HEAT available, which was nice as Taipei can get a bit cold in the winter months. I had a great time here. Atmosphere was excellent. Everyone seemed to hang out in the common areas and the hostel provided bread/toast for breakfast as well as hot tea any time of day. Also, free laundry and detergent was a major plus as a backpacker! Shilin markets/ MRT are about a block away making the location ideal.

• 7th Feb 2015

Alice, the hostel manager was AWESOME and VERY HELPFUL!!!!! Happy Taipei was my very first hostel and I found it to be a great experience. My favorite thing there was the bed...much more comfortable than my dorm's. Also the bread was great, maybe not for eating but it was nice to have at 5AM. More importantly, it is very close to the ShiLin Night Market and a Police Station. There's also a great local breakfast place if you're willing to get out of your comfort zone (or have chinese speakers).

• 6th Feb 2015

Great location, very clean hostel but very quiet so can't make noise after 11pm

• 6th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel, clean and very nice staff. I really liked the chill out area with the beamer and that they got HBO etc. Good location close to Shilin night market and close to the subway. (20 to 30 minutes to the main hotspots)

« first « Prev 1 2 3