9.2
Superb 817 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 817 Total Reviews
Happy Taipei Located at Xiaobei Street, Shilin District, Taipei.
Taiwan
Taipei Xiaobei Street, Shilin District
92% 817
25.0902433 121.5266846
    Rooms available

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016
8.0

The staff are great. The place is clean and nice, but the space is too small. And there are a lot of stairs. Not great for people with huge luggage and people with difficulty climbing the stairs. But the staff is happy to help you with the luggage.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016

I stayed for 3 nights at Happy Taipei. The staff was amazing, Danny helped me do some planning as I did not plan to stay in Taipei, he also wrote some things in Chinese for me so I could show Taxi Drivers. They offered more than just toast for breakfast. The location was awesome, very close to Shilin Night Market, MTR and bus to Yangmingshan National Park. Only thing that disappointed me was the rate was different upon arrival, because of the "weekend" but it never stated on my invoice.

18th Jul 2016

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Decent place for people who want to socialize. I also like how the bed has a curtain and the ever important plug for charging the phone and lamp (necessary in 2016) The breakfast is one of the best you will get at a hostel. More than the usual boring white bread, jam and some tea that many other places offer. It's close to the Shilin night market and the metro. I'd stay here again when I'm back in Taipei.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
14th Jul 2016

Great hostel, friendly staff, Danny was very helpful and accomodating. Air con on all day which isn't available on most hostels in Taiwan & the free laundry was so convenient.

• yaufai85579
  • Malaysia, Male, 31-40
13th Jul 2016

Excellent location close to Shihlin night market and the mrt. Staff was cool and helpful. The toilet space was quite cramp thou. But other areas were nice and spacious to chill.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

I really liked it there! I extended my stay! The breakfast is very good and there is free water the whole day! The free laundry is a plus and when it is raining they also have free umbrellas. I can recommend this hostel and I would stay there again as well.

11th Jul 2016

If you want to visit the Shilin market, this is a good location and good value for money. Beds were comfortable and had curtains for privacy. Clean and safe.

5th Jul 2016

Great location, though as the site warns there is no signage and is a little hard to find. Each bed has a thick curtain and light so that you can have the semblance of privacy in a dorm setting, and breakfast is tasty if small. Definitely would go again

1st Jul 2016

Great location for sure. Right next to the Shilin night market and train station. Very helpful staff answered any questions I had. Facilities were great with the exception of a blocked toilet, which was fixed quickly. Overall had a great stay and would definitely recommend this hostel to anybody visiting Taipei!

• paulholliday5600
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
1st Jul 2016
8.0

Very close to the night markets and train station and plenty of shops nearby too. Taipei is a great place and I love the nightlife here, though it is not as cheap as some other places I have visited in Asia, the people are all mostly very friendly. The rooms were nice and we had our own curtain and a place to put all our stuff. The rooms could be a bit more spacious though. Breakfast was also quite nice.