Happy Taipei Reviews

Xiaobei Street, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan

Nice Hostel and I would recommend it. The beds were comfortable, had two nice common areas where you relax watching movies in English.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

My friends & I are happy to stay there. We will stay again if we go Taipei again.

It was a great stay: the room was good, clean, the atmosphere happy and young. We made a lot of friends and had fun.

• 30th Dec 2014

More beer than we could drink free for the New Year's period. The staff were always friendly and helpful and nothing was too much. Great atmosphere and an amazing place to make new friends. Amazing location for Shilin, more chilled than downtown but not that far away either.

The first thing you notice about the hostel is the interior design: there are two lounges on different which open to the interior, and a kitchen which overlooks these two lounges. The rooms were clean and the beds were very confortable -- the bathrooms were also pretty nice. My only complaint was that because the staff is not there overnight, there's a chance for loud overnight parties (it happened one night). Otherwise Ioved the hostel!

When I checked in, the staff told me to pick a bed. I put my bags down and went out to the night market for an hour. When I came back my bags were moved and somebody else took my bed. Staff didn't help. Location is near Shilin night market but far from the center of the city. Showers are clean and nice. Common room is noisy at night and can be heard from any room. Breakfast is just bread and coffee/juice. If you get a top bunk, you'll be woken every time someone walks in and turns on the light

We stayed about 5 days. Staff are very nice and helpful. But the only thing we doesn't like is the stair. We have to stay at 4 flr however the bathroom is on 2 flr for female and 3 flr for all.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Stayed for a week around Christmas and it really great, nice access to the metro and the biggest night market in Taipei on your door step, people talk about the others but their all just smaller versions of this with some small twist. Recommended !

Have done soooo many hostels and this is just awesome awesome awesome! Free breakfast, so-nice-beds-and-sheets... The goody list is endless for me.

Rooms didn't have trash cans... And bathrooms were often a little dirty. Also doors of the toilet stalls were uncomfortably close. Also no towels and no milk at breakfast... Was disappointed by that. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

The hostel was really great located, the people were so nice and the stuff was awesome! The only thing that I didnt like was the breakfast. It was only toast (with marmalade, peanutbutter and chocolate), it was not really healthy or a big choice - but for a few days its really okay. If I visit Teipei once again, I would go to the Fun Teipei Hostel again :) Many thanks

feels very homely! definitely coming back again!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I very much enjoyed my stay at Fun Taipei; I extended my stay here by 2 or 3 nights. The location is great!! Very close to Shilin metro station and right around the corner from the amazing Shilin Night Market. I met many very nice people while staying here. Laundry is FREE! I wish the free coffee was available 24hours/day, just like the tea. I also wish the dryer worked.

Positive: Very kind staff Nice area, nice chillout area, good to have a beamer, good wifi, mac for public internet access is good, Negative: Toilets could not be used Sanitary Area not that clean

Great space and the beds are super comfortable! Downside is the open design means that noise from the common areas travels really easily, and the staff aren't always good at policing noise levels after midnight. Otherwise I really enjoyedy stay.

Hostel is huge. Has nice pool table, huge area and comfortable relaxing and clean. Lots of steps about 3 floors and kitchen. No cooking area. Saw a few coach roaches but thats normal. Dorm rooms are huge. The washrooms,kitchen and rooms are clean they bleach the floors all the time. Staff is 3 ladies and nice personalities. Staff is really helpful. Comfortable beds and clean bedsheets in 8 bed dorm. Overall worth your money and it is near Shilin Nightmarket and MRT , so convenient!

Perfect location next to the Shilin night market, filled with delicious food, fun games, etc. The staff were extremely helpful in finding things to do around the city, as well as where to go. I suppose my only personal problem is the use of the name: the word "Fun" in their title does not fit. I had no desire to hang out there. It just did not feel homey that way. However, if you are looking for a hostel where you get your necessities and spend most time outside, then it is suitable.

Fantastic place with fantastic staff, especially Alice.

Awesome place!!! You need to take the train to get to the city center but it's right next to Shilin, possibly the best night market in Taipei! The hostel itself is very nice, clean, spacious, the beds are really comfy and the showers are as well very good! The staff were caring and friendly, especially Alice and Rebecca. I'm really happy that I chose this hostel :D

Wonderful staff. Thank you all, and if ever I return to Taipei, I will be looking forward to seeing you again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4