Happy Taipei Reviews

Xiaobei Street, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan

Rooms didn't have trash cans... And bathrooms were often a little dirty. Also doors of the toilet stalls were uncomfortably close. Also no towels and no milk at breakfast... Was disappointed by that. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

The hostel was really great located, the people were so nice and the stuff was awesome! The only thing that I didnt like was the breakfast. It was only toast (with marmalade, peanutbutter and chocolate), it was not really healthy or a big choice - but for a few days its really okay. If I visit Teipei once again, I would go to the Fun Teipei Hostel again :) Many thanks

feels very homely! definitely coming back again!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I very much enjoyed my stay at Fun Taipei; I extended my stay here by 2 or 3 nights. The location is great!! Very close to Shilin metro station and right around the corner from the amazing Shilin Night Market. I met many very nice people while staying here. Laundry is FREE! I wish the free coffee was available 24hours/day, just like the tea. I also wish the dryer worked.

Positive: Very kind staff Nice area, nice chillout area, good to have a beamer, good wifi, mac for public internet access is good, Negative: Toilets could not be used Sanitary Area not that clean

• 14th Nov 2014

Great space and the beds are super comfortable! Downside is the open design means that noise from the common areas travels really easily, and the staff aren't always good at policing noise levels after midnight. Otherwise I really enjoyedy stay.

Hostel is huge. Has nice pool table, huge area and comfortable relaxing and clean. Lots of steps about 3 floors and kitchen. No cooking area. Saw a few coach roaches but thats normal. Dorm rooms are huge. The washrooms,kitchen and rooms are clean they bleach the floors all the time. Staff is 3 ladies and nice personalities. Staff is really helpful. Comfortable beds and clean bedsheets in 8 bed dorm. Overall worth your money and it is near Shilin Nightmarket and MRT , so convenient!

Perfect location next to the Shilin night market, filled with delicious food, fun games, etc. The staff were extremely helpful in finding things to do around the city, as well as where to go. I suppose my only personal problem is the use of the name: the word "Fun" in their title does not fit. I had no desire to hang out there. It just did not feel homey that way. However, if you are looking for a hostel where you get your necessities and spend most time outside, then it is suitable.

Fantastic place with fantastic staff, especially Alice.

Wonderful staff. Thank you all, and if ever I return to Taipei, I will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Pretty much of everything is excellent there! Only one thing is that the stair way is very steep!! So u should take care when u go up and down. Othere than that, nothing is unsatisfying ;)

• 1st Nov 2014
  • South Korea

this place is awesome..and the free breakfast in the morning is the cherry on the cake! special thanks to jenny! you are great! when ill go back in taipei this is where im going! highly recommended!

The location is wonderful and the staff is very nice and helpful. We strongly recommend Fun Taipei Hostel to all visitors in Taiwan

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you very much for everything Jenny, Rebecca and all! I had a very memorable stay.

This hostel is great. The staff are super friendly and very helpful. The atmosphere is great and the layout is really nice. Also the beds are very comfy. Will definitely be staying here again.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Positives: 1) close to metro 2) Comfortable beds Negatives: 1) no bin or window in the room 2) Towels not provided. The hostel will make you pay 100NTD for hand towels. 3) The hostel has a no noise policy past 12, however, all staff leave at ten so no one is around to enforce that rule. 4) There is no bar 5) Breakfast is toast, and black coffee and you have to wash your own dishes 6) The showers are located far from the rooms 7) expensive

• 22nd Oct 2014

Thank you for the comments. *We understood that you was expected to have a ensuit room but made wrong reservation. We will highly recommend the ensuite room type in another one of our branch. *For the dorm room, one of the room was reserved has a big window and the other one with small window to let fresh air into the room, but no bin in the room for cleaness reason. We will put a bin outside the room if needed. The face towel and bath towel are chargeable, but no hand towels provided. Recommend to bring own towels for saving money. We will do our best!

Hard to find fault, one of the best hostels we've stayed in. Spacious dorms and loads of common areas to sit in. Good location near to Shilling MRT and night market. Free breakfast and laundry as well.

location is good. just 3 mins walk from Shirin Mrt station. the staffs are very kind and helpful.

My stay in Fun Taipei in general was pleasant. The staff is helpful and the location of this hostel is great. However, as I was staying in the room right next to the common area on the first floor, one out of the three nights I stayed, people got very excited and talked very loudly early in the morning, at half past six. And some others stayed up very late and talked until 1 am at night for the other two days. Other then that, I'm glad that I stayed in Fun Taipei for this trip.

A quick night stay here but it was clean and good enough for us. Really close to the tube and a lot of places to eat outside. Recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5