Harbour House Reviews

Finisklin Road, Sligo Town, Sligo, Ireland

located at industrial area. room was ok. kitchen, breakfast room tables and bathrooms not very clean.

• 21st Aug 2015

Needs updating

• 11th Aug 2015

Brilliant! Laura, Mary, and Vincent just so friendly and helpful,...nothing too much trouble for them...phoning for taxis, giving local knowledge, and constantly asking if we had everything we need!! Feel like we made friends!!

• 10th Aug 2015

The best of this hostel is Laura the staff. She is very friendly and always try to help

I love this hostel. Located a short walk from Sligo's main street the Harbour House is an absolute treasure. I've been backpacking for several months and Laura is one of the most caring hosts I have met on my travels. It's a little bit of an older building, but it fits in with the charm. Reasonably prices, a kitchen to do your own cooking and some nights a fire is even light! I'll be staying at the Harbour House my next time in Sligo, it was exactly what I was looking for.

• 25th Jul 2015

Nice place, however, in the middle of the industrial park, so a long walk to the city. Friendly staff, and comfortable beds!

Friendly staff, the place needs a renovation, which has been started

• 22nd Jul 2015

The hostel is a bit out. However the building has character and the staff is always there to help you. The hostel is very clean. It does need some maintenance here and there. Furthermore the hostel's atmosphere is peaceful so you will get a good nights sleep.

The best ,Laura ,the housekeeper , who made both my wife and me feel home.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Spent one night here when in Sligo for a night out with some friends and have no complaints whatsoever. Definitely one of the better hostels.

Upon arrival, the door was open and we couldn't find any staff! Calling the numbers provided on posted papers finally lead to an answering machine, but we were forced to find another place to stay. Since we were on bicycle, we didn't arrive at our exact estimated time, so no-one was there. We finally got a call from the staff a few hours later and were successfully able to cancel. This location is a little far for walking to restaurants and shops.

Great reception by lovely lady lady.Nothing missing really but trouble finding premises.To me it is isolated and not convenient to the town of Sligo.Suitable for one night but wouldn't stay longer due to lack of atmosphere and inconvenience.

• 24th Jun 2015

Laura made us feel at home the whole stay, a lovely genuine woman. Great location just outside the city centre. Nice rooms and shower, great value for money. Will stay again

• 5th Jun 2015

Rooms were clean but common rooms were not as clean. The location is a bit far from town. Had some difficulty finding the milk and jam for breakfast; the refrigerator is labeled but easily overlooked.

Woman in charge really kind and helpful - washing - umbrella. Switched our room at no extra cost because we wanted a blind. Very well run but the could do with investment. Decor very tired toast pathetic- most rooms did not have curtains. However shower worked well and bed comfortable.

Unfortunately there was no hot water in the morning in the shower. One of two days the wifi did not work at all. Towels were provided but on all fabrics were stains. Staff was very friendly though! Breakfast was provided, big kitchen. And a small nice living room. 10 minutes walk to bus station, 15 minutes walk to city center. Overall: stay was okay any ways! Looking at the bright side, a cold shower woke us up and no wifi encourages social interaction (but makes it hard to plan trips..)

This hostel could use some upgrading - very dated but staff were very friendly and I had the best sleep - very quiet and comfortable bed. I would definitely go back.

The provision of a drying room would have been good . The decor and general state of the house is poor

• 10th May 2015
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Host was very friendly and helpful. The common area has a comfortable lounge with warm fire. Also access to a well equipped kitchen to make meals. We had a quiet stay. The hostel is a 10min flat, easy walk into Sligo town centre. However, the property is run down. Although it was clean, the bathroom had a mouldy, musty odor and the bed was uncomfortable.

The hostel could do with a revamp to all areas including upgrading the mattresses. By saying that, the hostel is clean, plenty of hot water and the reception staff were very friendly. Would I stay again? Yes, but I would definitely check for other hostels first.

• 11th Apr 2015