Harbour House Reviews

Finisklin Road, Sligo Town, Sligo, Ireland

I really couldn't believe the value and comfort that I got for the low price I paid. Would definately stay again and really recommend Harbour House. Staff were extrememly friendly and helpful and full of local knowledge to guide me for a night out and also about local amenities for mountain biking the following day. Price and all round experience was great for a student like me who just likes to escape from the norm, now and then! Thanks!

• 30th Oct 2014

There was never any one around who worked there, and the wifi didnt reach the rooms.

The staff was excellent. I can't fault them whatsoever.Nice homely lounge area. I didn't like my room that much. It felt cramped and cold and I hated the colour on the walls.Maybe a neutral colour and pictures on the wall would help. There was a non-working TV in the room. On the positive side, there was plenty of shelves & hangers to unpack the bag. Also Rooms have to be locked from the inside at night....That's a high risk t take in the event of an fire.

Very nice Hostel, very kind staff, we had booked a room with shared bathroom, but as there was a football team staying there the same night, they gave us an ensuite room for the same price! You can join the city centre walking, and the hostel is just on the way to all the attractions. (Ross Point, Strandhill...) I recommend!

• 4th Oct 2014

Staff were brilliant, flexible and polite. Would stay again solely for tha reason!

• 27th Sep 2014

no stowage options in the rooms (you can put your things on your bed or dirty floor), mould on the bathroom, moldy bread for b'fast, no keys/lock in dorm rooms

We ended up staying here for two nights and loved it. Mary was such a nice hostess. Dropped us in town for a fantastic evening and we would stay again next time we are here.

• 19th Sep 2014

We had a private room but we couldn't lock the door from inside.At like 4:30 in the morning some very drunk lady walked in to our room and thinking that was her room she kind of climbed into our bed,we were shouting at her that wasn't her room and eventually she left.It was creepy and we were pissed off, since we paid a lot for that room.It is a funny story, but I didn't think it was funny when it happened. I guess it's not the hostel's fault, only that you can't lock the doors from inside...

The staff was very kind and our stay in Harbour House was mostly what we expected. Some things like parts of the bed or a window required repairs, while the bathroom was clean and in good condition. A small table and a chair in our double room would have been useful.

• 31st Aug 2014

Some of the rooms are not very inviting. Staff is very helpful and friendly when they are around.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

The bedrooom door was difficult to close as it was coming off its hinges The room was not particularly clean - lots of dust and musty smell The decor was a mixand match of various pieces of shabby furniture THe kitchen area was really dirty, there was no staff in the mornign to tidy up or encourage people to clean up. The lady at reception even left her own dishes on top of the counter. We were promised towels they were never delivered

• 9th Aug 2014

Laura was a great host, making us feel very welcome from the moment we walked into the hostel. She offered tea and coffee while we waited for our room to get finished being cleaned. She even offered to do some laundry for us! The kitchen was adequate for making any type of meal you could want. Although some reviews complain about the location, it is only a short walk from the city center. With the extra savings of not being in the city center, I think the walk was well worth it.

• 31st Jul 2014

A few more hooks to hang things on around beds would be appreciated.

Perfect location ! Staff very helpful. Room nice and clean .

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Harbour House was a great escape from the busy city life of Dublin. The stay was wonderful with such welcoming staff and in the town of Sligo. I felt right at ease and at home with all the facilities, there are small spots for you to store your own food items and a kitchen where you can make your own meals if you wish. The staff also had wonderful recommendations on places to eat, visit, and go out in the evening.

Not bad,also not so good. It's a little for from central town.

This is a great hostel, it would be even better as the location was closer to the town centre.

Convenient location, just a short walk from the bus/train station and Sligo town centre. The rooms were clean, beds were in good shape (not sagging through or with springs poking you everywhere). I found the well-furnished kitchen and dining room with possibility of cooking meals and storing your own food supplies a plus. The living room provides a homey feel and makes it easy to meet other travellers. Staff were friendly and easy to get along with, very helpful as well.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Place not amazing but totaly fine. Short walking distance to town. Good value for money spend.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Free laundry service was much appreciated by cyclists with smelly gear!