Harbour House Reviews

Finisklin Road, Sligo Town, Sligo, Ireland

Great reception by lovely lady lady.Nothing missing really but trouble finding premises.To me it is isolated and not convenient to the town of Sligo.Suitable for one night but wouldn't stay longer due to lack of atmosphere and inconvenience.

• 24th Jun 2015

Laura made us feel at home the whole stay, a lovely genuine woman. Great location just outside the city centre. Nice rooms and shower, great value for money. Will stay again

• 5th Jun 2015

Rooms were clean but common rooms were not as clean. The location is a bit far from town. Had some difficulty finding the milk and jam for breakfast; the refrigerator is labeled but easily overlooked.

Woman in charge really kind and helpful - washing - umbrella. Switched our room at no extra cost because we wanted a blind. Very well run but the could do with investment. Decor very tired toast pathetic- most rooms did not have curtains. However shower worked well and bed comfortable.

Unfortunately there was no hot water in the morning in the shower. One of two days the wifi did not work at all. Towels were provided but on all fabrics were stains. Staff was very friendly though! Breakfast was provided, big kitchen. And a small nice living room. 10 minutes walk to bus station, 15 minutes walk to city center. Overall: stay was okay any ways! Looking at the bright side, a cold shower woke us up and no wifi encourages social interaction (but makes it hard to plan trips..)

This hostel could use some upgrading - very dated but staff were very friendly and I had the best sleep - very quiet and comfortable bed. I would definitely go back.

The provision of a drying room would have been good . The decor and general state of the house is poor

• 10th May 2015
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Host was very friendly and helpful. The common area has a comfortable lounge with warm fire. Also access to a well equipped kitchen to make meals. We had a quiet stay. The hostel is a 10min flat, easy walk into Sligo town centre. However, the property is run down. Although it was clean, the bathroom had a mouldy, musty odor and the bed was uncomfortable.

The hostel could do with a revamp to all areas including upgrading the mattresses. By saying that, the hostel is clean, plenty of hot water and the reception staff were very friendly. Would I stay again? Yes, but I would definitely check for other hostels first.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Laura is so sweet and this a really nice little place. I finally hit the age where I'm willing to pay a little more for a private rather than a dorm hostel room, and I got exactly what I was looking for at Harbour House. A small, private, clean room to sleep in- good value. About a 1km walk from the city centre (you pass another hostel walking from the bus station), but overall I had a very positive experience and would recommend.

We stayed here during Easter week-end 2015. The room and shared bathroom were clean. There is a kitchen area to cook and take a light breakfast. At night, they make a fire in the main room. The hostel is located at a 15/20 minutes walk from the city center.

We arrived quite late at night and the Lady working there was so nice to give us the code for the door and leave the keys for us. The rooms where pretty small and the beds in a very bad condition. Two of us shared a double bed which was nearly broken - you wouldn't dare to turn arround. The facilities in the common room where quite Basic and "breakfast included" meant you could help yourself, rather complicated if you don't know what you are allowed to take. All in all my worst hostel experience

Ths hostel itself is cute and not located too far from the City centre. We rented a four bed Family room and besides the fact that it wasn't clean one bed was almost breaking apart. Unfortunately, we didn't have the chance to inform anyone, since we arrived late and left early in the morning.

• 27th Mar 2015

No was heating, just 17-21 o'clock/day. That why i got flu.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

i was a very late check in and the staff were extremely accommodating.

• 9th Jan 2015