Harbour House Reviews

Finisklin Road, Sligo Town, Sligo, Ireland

i was a very late check in and the staff were extremely accommodating.

• 9th Jan 2015

In an akward location between industrial area and port, though only 15 mins walk from bus & rail station with luggage. - When I arrived the manageress was dealing with difficult customers and came across as a little stern and unfriendly. (She isn't but wasn't the best first impression) - it's a bit of a rambling building but comfortable beds - not bunks and efficient hot showers and well designed bathrooms. Perfect for a couple of nights stop over in Sligo.

Avarage hostel for the price. Cold enough in room.

I really couldn't believe the value and comfort that I got for the low price I paid. Would definately stay again and really recommend Harbour House. Staff were extrememly friendly and helpful and full of local knowledge to guide me for a night out and also about local amenities for mountain biking the following day. Price and all round experience was great for a student like me who just likes to escape from the norm, now and then! Thanks!

• 30th Oct 2014

There was never any one around who worked there, and the wifi didnt reach the rooms.

The staff was excellent. I can't fault them whatsoever.Nice homely lounge area. I didn't like my room that much. It felt cramped and cold and I hated the colour on the walls.Maybe a neutral colour and pictures on the wall would help. There was a non-working TV in the room. On the positive side, there was plenty of shelves & hangers to unpack the bag. Also Rooms have to be locked from the inside at night....That's a high risk t take in the event of an fire.

Very nice Hostel, very kind staff, we had booked a room with shared bathroom, but as there was a football team staying there the same night, they gave us an ensuite room for the same price! You can join the city centre walking, and the hostel is just on the way to all the attractions. (Ross Point, Strandhill...) I recommend!

• 4th Oct 2014

Staff were brilliant, flexible and polite. Would stay again solely for tha reason!

• 27th Sep 2014

no stowage options in the rooms (you can put your things on your bed or dirty floor), mould on the bathroom, moldy bread for b'fast, no keys/lock in dorm rooms

We ended up staying here for two nights and loved it. Mary was such a nice hostess. Dropped us in town for a fantastic evening and we would stay again next time we are here.

• 19th Sep 2014

We had a private room but we couldn't lock the door from inside.At like 4:30 in the morning some very drunk lady walked in to our room and thinking that was her room she kind of climbed into our bed,we were shouting at her that wasn't her room and eventually she left.It was creepy and we were pissed off, since we paid a lot for that room.It is a funny story, but I didn't think it was funny when it happened. I guess it's not the hostel's fault, only that you can't lock the doors from inside...