Harbourside Backpackers Reviews

1st Floor, Lot 43, Block HS-4, Harbour Square, Sandakan, Malaysia

It was the most clean hostel i've bin too and the staff was nice and the location amezing

• 17th Apr 2014

Good location. Right by the water, mall and restaurants. Air conditioned. Computers to use. Wifi was absolutely awful. Staff were more interested in cleaning than helping you but that has it's perks. The place was spotless. Very very clean.

We had a lovely stay, the location could not be better. We had a private room with ensuite bathroom. Nice, clean and comfy beds as well as good quiet AC. The staff is friendly and helpful and the atmosphere super cozy. Not one bad thing to say! Recommended.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Loved our stay here. Staff are so friendly and helpful! We asked so many questions and all were answered, had a fabulous trip to see turtles and couldn't of done it without the staffs help! Very clean and good facilities too. Right on the harbour opposite the mall.

Good location in town, opposite the mall over a pedestrianised street which keeps noise down at night. Very clean rooms and shower/toilet area with news fixtures. Close to tour companies and good restaurants would recommend to fellow travellers.

One of the best hostels I stayed in Malaysia. Very nice place, extremely helpful staff and nice atmosphere. Super comfy beds and very good showers. Great place, highly recommeded.

Nice place to get your head down between treks. Generally good all round no issues

Staff very helpful. Able to look after my bag while I went on a 2 day cruise. Good common room to chill and watch films.

Great hostel in the heart of Sandakan. Best for us was the kitchen, fast Internet & movies on tap to relax to. Staff were very friendly and competent.

The cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Lovely staff and very helpful. Great place to use as a stepping stone to do the exciting tours on offer on that side of the Island. There isn't much to do in Sandakan itself though.

We stayed 3 nights in an private room with shared bathroom. Room was quite big, with window and AirCon. There are enough toilets and showers available so no queues in the morning. I can't remember when we stayed in a Hostel that was so clean like this! 5 of 5 Stars for that! Team is nice and helpful. Booked a Tour to Nature Lodge, good prices. Location is great, no need to walk a lot, right next to Restaurants, Shopping Center and the Waterfront. Common room & WiFi are also great.

A great place to stay. It ticks all the boxes, and very friendly and helpful staff too. In the centre of town, everything is close at hand. The hostel has good travel information also and can book tours etc .Good coffee at breakfast time also!!!

Fantastic location on the waterfront and very close to a supermarket/s and tour operators. Staff are very friendly and helpful and help organise day trips/jungle stays/taxis etc. Would stay here again if I was to visit again11

Thanks james for special arranged me an early breakfast at 6am without request. So thoughtful he is. Thanks for the sweet smiles if you all. Just hoping a private reading light for each bed.

Hostel was fantastic, even if there were only 3 of us staying! Central location, great rooms and extremely clean, money off tours and really helpful staff. Helped me book tours in the area and sort my climb of mount Kinabalu. They also made sure we paid the right price for turtle island! Good choice of DVDs etc too for evenings as the town is quite quiet. Balin in a great restaurant to eat in for western food. Would definitely stay again if I am ever back in Sandakan - thank you guys!

Staff is really nice, Beds are comfy and clean, bathroom and shower room are fresh and clean as well. Awesome hostel!

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

very clean, and good common room,good staff. Sad that the city is so boring, don't get stuck in Sandakan !

The staff was very friendly and the location was perfect!! :) Actually everything was great, but the bathrooms in the upper floor. One toilet did not flush and in the other one there was no light. The showers were great though. The whole hostel seemed to be newly renovated and the rooms were colourful and modern. We would definitely return, but prefer a room downstairs, where the bathrooms were better.

Excellent, clean place with a great atmosphere to meet people, central location and helpful staff. Good wifi and comfortable beds. Great base for exploring the surrounding nature.

The best hostel I've stayed in through out my travels in Asia. Everything was very clean. I had a private room with a shared bathroom and it was great, never had to wait to use the bathroom. Room was simple with just a bed but I didn't need anything else. The common area was great- TV and movies to watch and meet lots of others here and ended up going to Sepilok together and for dinners. Breakfast was toast with jam and coffee/tea.The staff was very friendly and helpful!!