Harbourside City Backpackers Reviews

105 The Strand, Tauranga, Tauranga, New Zealand

Great short stay place. Perfect location right on the Strand and they offer free bikes to ride. The staff is very accommodating as well.

Nice enough hostel. Seemed lots of long-term people staying and working. In good location and lovely views from terrace. Showers werent great though.

The kitchen was pretty unclean - the fault of other guests rather than the hostel but not somewhere I wanted to cook. The bed was pretty uncomfortable - had a couple of springs digging into me. Seemed to be a fair amount of long term guests which made it more difficult to meet people. One of the most expensive hostels I stayed at during my time in NZ but my least favourite.

Very good atmohere friendly staff etc. however in dorms maybe more security for our belongings would be nice. Comfy mattresses great stay didn't want to leave :)

• 21st Jan 2015

Okay hostel right in the city center. Fine for a couple night stay. Could use lockers in room and blanket for beds

Dirty! Good location.

We were upgraded to a private room when it was discovered that someone messed up our reservation. We were also offered free wifi which I was very grateful for because it worked on and off. People that were on the second floor would hang out in the stairs since the reception was bad upstairs. I was also grateful for a private room because the dorms were very cramped. However, great location and friendly staff.

Their after-hours phone number didn't work. Was forced to stay in a hotel for one of my nights.

• 24th Dec 2014

the rooftop terraces is great and they have a free bike hire, which is a great way to get to Mt. Manganui.

The kitchen is a mess. I don't know why everyone leave there things onwashed on this particular hostel, since we have been to some during our trip. This was far the dirtiest when it comes to the kitchen. All other parts of the hostel, we enjoyed, especially the nice view from the balcony. Something must be done in order to make people do their dishes, because it creates bad reputation for the whole place.

Had such a great time here, the location couldn't have been better, the staff were brilliant. The beds were good, having your own shower room and toilet was amazing ha. Only thing is sometimes I felt nervous not leaving my luggage in locked under bed storage but was fine. Would definitely go back.

Place was near everything and had huge kitchen! Nice balcony to see sea. Stuff was most helpfull even that we came super late! Recommending this if you go beautiful Tauranga! One of NZ most beautiful stops to see!

This is the perfect location. The view from the balcony is absolutely stunning. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the cheap dinner night.