Harbourside City Backpackers Reviews

105 The Strand, Tauranga, Tauranga, New Zealand

Was a good stay - nothing that you wouldn't expect of a backpacker. Kitchen messy. People friendly. Abit of noise. A lot of people hanging out in the hallways. It doesn't mention that blankets are not included in the price. Would have liked the option of a women's only dormitory

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback. We do pride yourself with 4STAR facilities and the Harbourside Staff works very hard to maintain our great rating. Duvets are available on request and free of charge. We do have a female only room but was fully booked on the day you stayed. We hope you enjoyed our great view over the harbour and managed to crab on of our free bikes to explore the hidden treasures around Tauranga. Take care& Happy travels! Aline & The Harbourside Team

The hostel is well located on the main street, 4 mins walk from the i-Site with a wonderful view of the bay. The 4 beds ensuite room and the kitchen were clean and big. Only 30 mins free WiFi. No beds light. Coffee and tea bags available on purchase.

Hi, Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and pointing out the great locations of the hostel. The best view you get over the beautiful harbour and spectacular sunrises - if you manage to be an early bird :) I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our 4 STAR facilities, the team is working very hard to maintain these ratings. I wish you all the best for the rest of your travels throughout NZ! Take care & Happy travels! Aline & The Harbourside Team

Great short stay place. Perfect location right on the Strand and they offer free bikes to ride. The staff is very accommodating as well.

Hi, Thank you for your great feedback. Your right - it's the PERFECT locations - with the supermarket just up the road and the BEST fish and chip shop in the whole Bay of Plenty just down the road. Customer service is what we are very proud of - and it's great to hear back you felt that way. I wish you all the best for the rest of your travels throughout NZ! Take care & Happy travels! Aline & The Harbourside Team

Great hostel, stayed in the "flat" which was really cool and cosy. Would be great for long-term stay. I was travelling by myself and unfortunately felt that the hostel wasn't really sociable and there wasn't much to do in Tauranga

Nice enough hostel. Seemed lots of long-term people staying and working. In good location and lovely views from terrace. Showers werent great though.

The kitchen was pretty unclean - the fault of other guests rather than the hostel but not somewhere I wanted to cook. The bed was pretty uncomfortable - had a couple of springs digging into me. Seemed to be a fair amount of long term guests which made it more difficult to meet people. One of the most expensive hostels I stayed at during my time in NZ but my least favourite.

Very good atmohere friendly staff etc. however in dorms maybe more security for our belongings would be nice. Comfy mattresses great stay didn't want to leave :)

• 21st Jan 2015

Okay hostel right in the city center. Fine for a couple night stay. Could use lockers in room and blanket for beds

Dirty! Good location.

We were upgraded to a private room when it was discovered that someone messed up our reservation. We were also offered free wifi which I was very grateful for because it worked on and off. People that were on the second floor would hang out in the stairs since the reception was bad upstairs. I was also grateful for a private room because the dorms were very cramped. However, great location and friendly staff.

Their after-hours phone number didn't work. Was forced to stay in a hotel for one of my nights.

the rooftop terraces is great and they have a free bike hire, which is a great way to get to Mt. Manganui.

The kitchen is a mess. I don't know why everyone leave there things onwashed on this particular hostel, since we have been to some during our trip. This was far the dirtiest when it comes to the kitchen. All other parts of the hostel, we enjoyed, especially the nice view from the balcony. Something must be done in order to make people do their dishes, because it creates bad reputation for the whole place.

Had such a great time here, the location couldn't have been better, the staff were brilliant. The beds were good, having your own shower room and toilet was amazing ha. Only thing is sometimes I felt nervous not leaving my luggage in locked under bed storage but was fine. Would definitely go back.

Place was near everything and had huge kitchen! Nice balcony to see sea. Stuff was most helpfull even that we came super late! Recommending this if you go beautiful Tauranga! One of NZ most beautiful stops to see!