7.8
Very Good 214 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 214 Total Reviews
Harbourside City Backpackers Located at 105 The Strand, Tauranga, Tauranga.
New Zealand
Tauranga 3110 105 The Strand, Tauranga
78% 214
-37.6839561 176.1697411
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2016
6.3

I stayed at the hotel because of its great reviews and of course the view from the hostel. The staff was completely desoriented: not knowing where we could park, what we could do in the city. We told them we would check out at 7:30 and the girl at the desk said that there would be someone, there was no one. We called them and obviously no one answered since we heard the phone ringing from inside the check in desk. The kitchen was disgusting, pots and pans everywhere not cleaned.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
26th May 2016

Add more outlets to the rooms!!

23rd May 2016

This location is perfect! Right in front of the harbor and walking distance to many restaurants, grocery, and activities.

19th Apr 2016

A really great place to stay friendly staff and backpackers. Lots to do. We'll worth a stay.

Thank you, for your 10 out of 10 feedback. This really made our day! Thank you for your kind words. We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels throughout NZ and hopefully we can have the pleasure again to have you stay with us. Take care and happy travels!!! Aline & The always smiling Harbourside Team

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
18th Mar 2016
8.0

My only complaint is that those who return at 1.45am should not slam their door or talk loudly!

• Chile, Female, 25-30
24th Feb 2016

The best place ever, the staff is awesome, really nice people and good atmosphere. Great location and also if you wake up early you can see a beautiful sunrise. Thank you for everything.

• Canada, Male, 41+
9th Feb 2016
7.1

Great locatiopn, good staff but very tired facility.

Thank you for your recent stay with us, we are so happy you liked our location in downtown Tauranga. We love hearing feedback as it helps us improve for the future. We hope to see you again soon!

• England, Female, 31-40
3rd Feb 2016

Excellent location, right across the from the Seaview harbour, surrounded by pubs, restaurants and cafés.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for your recent stay. We are so happy you enjoyed our location in downtown Tauranga. We hope to see you again soon!! The Harbourside Team

• paytontiffanynicole5831
  • USA, Female, 25-30
29th Jan 2016

The staff were really nice and helpful. I got there around 9 pm, but there was a staff member expecting me. I forgot her name, but she was a bit older and she was the friendliest of them all. Everyone in (and outside of) the hostel knew her. She had good recommendations for places to eat. The American girl was also pretty friendly and enjoyed talking to her about her travels. I was only there for two nights, but everything was nice and clean. They have an awesome deck and kitchen area!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
10th Jan 2016
6.3

I booked a double bedroom for me and my girlfriend. When i went to the room i noticed they gave me a twin bedroom. The receptionist was very impolite and said thats a system fail and therefore bad luck and he cant give me another room. I told him that i dont feel comfortable and want my money back since he cannot offer me what i have paid for. He denied so i threatened to call the police. Then he gave me a room with a double bed and a bad ontop. Worst service ever!!!

H, Thank you for giving us a feedback. I'm so sorry to hear the not acceptable customer service you received from one of my staff members. We do pride ourselves with excellent customer service and always try our best to go the extra mile with a smile :) The room you have stayed in, can be a twin room, double room or triple room. I have followed up with the staff member who has checked you in, and I can guarantee you, this kind of service will not happen again in the future. I hope we have the chance to accommodate you in the future to show you our improved customer service. I'm wishing you all the best for the rest of your travels throughout NZ! Take care & Happy travels! Aline (manager) & the always smiling Harbourside Team