7.8
Very Good 208 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 208 Total Reviews
Harbourside City Backpackers Located at 105 The Strand, Tauranga, Tauranga.
New Zealand
Tauranga 3110 105 The Strand, Tauranga
78% 208
-37.6839561 176.1697411
    Rooms available

19th Apr 2016

A really great place to stay friendly staff and backpackers. Lots to do. We'll worth a stay.

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
18th Mar 2016
8.0

My only complaint is that those who return at 1.45am should not slam their door or talk loudly!

• Chile, Female, 25-30
24th Feb 2016

The best place ever, the staff is awesome, really nice people and good atmosphere. Great location and also if you wake up early you can see a beautiful sunrise. Thank you for everything.

• Canada, Male, 41+
9th Feb 2016
7.1

Great locatiopn, good staff but very tired facility.

Thank you for your recent stay with us, we are so happy you liked our location in downtown Tauranga. We love hearing feedback as it helps us improve for the future. We hope to see you again soon!

• England, Female, 31-40
3rd Feb 2016

Excellent location, right across the from the Seaview harbour, surrounded by pubs, restaurants and cafés.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for your recent stay. We are so happy you enjoyed our location in downtown Tauranga. We hope to see you again soon!! The Harbourside Team

• paytontiffanynicole5831
  • USA, Female, 25-30
29th Jan 2016

The staff were really nice and helpful. I got there around 9 pm, but there was a staff member expecting me. I forgot her name, but she was a bit older and she was the friendliest of them all. Everyone in (and outside of) the hostel knew her. She had good recommendations for places to eat. The American girl was also pretty friendly and enjoyed talking to her about her travels. I was only there for two nights, but everything was nice and clean. They have an awesome deck and kitchen area!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
10th Jan 2016
6.3

I booked a double bedroom for me and my girlfriend. When i went to the room i noticed they gave me a twin bedroom. The receptionist was very impolite and said thats a system fail and therefore bad luck and he cant give me another room. I told him that i dont feel comfortable and want my money back since he cannot offer me what i have paid for. He denied so i threatened to call the police. Then he gave me a room with a double bed and a bad ontop. Worst service ever!!!

H, Thank you for giving us a feedback. I'm so sorry to hear the not acceptable customer service you received from one of my staff members. We do pride ourselves with excellent customer service and always try our best to go the extra mile with a smile :) The room you have stayed in, can be a twin room, double room or triple room. I have followed up with the staff member who has checked you in, and I can guarantee you, this kind of service will not happen again in the future. I hope we have the chance to accommodate you in the future to show you our improved customer service. I'm wishing you all the best for the rest of your travels throughout NZ! Take care & Happy travels! Aline (manager) & the always smiling Harbourside Team

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
13th Dec 2015
4.9

The location is great but the sheets wasn't clean. It was smelling really bad and I was itchy :/

• lydtheakston
  • England, Female, 18-24
8th Dec 2015
3.7

Would never stay here again, reception staff were so rude, one German member of staff even shh'd me when I said hello at reception and carried on texting for ages whilst I was just stood there waiting! Our room key was stolen God knows who by and they were rude then. The room itself was tiny and dirty. No atmosphere in the evening as the staff just took over the communal areas completely. No salt, pepper or spices or even oil in the kitchen as promised. No one seemed to want to stay there long.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about the hostel. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We take these comments very seriously, as they do help us grow in the future.

• MimiFMadell
  • England, Female, 25-30
3rd Dec 2015

Extremely helpful and happy staff. Recommended some great things to do. Lovely big kitchen, lounge and balcony. Really central location. Had a great stay, would really recommend. Oh and the farmers market and Mt Maunganui walk was awesome (so where the hot pools at the base of it!)

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay, we are happy to hear you had a wonderful time at the hostel. We love hearing great comments about our staff and facilities, we hope to see you back again soon! Take care! Kimberly & the fantastic Harbourside Team