Harbourside City Backpackers Reviews

105 The Strand, Tauranga, Tauranga, New Zealand

pretty much perfect! very clean, nicest staff of any hostel in nz, lovely kitchen with a nice view. on the pricey side, but standard for nz. we stayed here because it was convenient to the bus, and we were very happy.

By far the worst hostel I stayed in throughout my travels in Nee Zealand. - paid wifi does not work in bedrooms (staff didn't tell us) - room smelled like mold - inaccessible outlets - provided hair dryer was not compatible with Australian outlets - staff proved unhelpful when asked about parking situation - rooms are incredibly small - rooms situated above a noisy alley (hard to sleep with noise)

Hi Lidija, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate you talking the time! We are proudly to say we have upgraded our internet provider and system. Now, available in all rooms and through the hostel, plus free internet on arrival! Free parking is available after 4pm to 9am, plus there is a all day free carpark close by. I'm sorry that I only had the chance to meet you on check out. We wish you well and travel safe through Nz. Aline & her wonderful team

I was in a $38, 4 bedded room, and surprised to have a man in the room but that was okay with three women. How ever the last night of 4 nights, I was surprised that a couple,, man and woman came and they had problems. couples are better with couples. then they can help one another to sort out their differences . He stayed at home all night' she turned up at 4am the tension was too strong for the rest of us to get to sleep

Location is good, near the i site. For a supermarket you need to walk for 20 minutes. The kitchen is way to small and there isn't enough cutlery. On hostelworld is said; free wifi, but that's not true. This place is not worth the money they ask for it.

perfect location. close to intercity bus stop and all restaurants & bars, but quiet at night. nice style. our room smelled a bit funny but the others seemed fine. if you can, try to get up for sunrise & watch it from the kitchen balcony :)