Hard Road Hostel Reviews

111 Moo 1 Bantai, Koh Phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great place to stay, Went for 4 days ended up staying 3 weeks... hips of stuff to do around the common areas when its raining... and the staff is really helpful on giving you tips of stuff to do around the island on sunny days... the atmosphere is really chilled and friendly, great place to meet new people when you're travelling on your own... thanks guys for the great time!!!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Chile

This place was amazing! We initially booked for 2 nights and ended up staying 10. Everything you could want from a hostel - cheap, sociable, plenty of facilities and awesome staff. Dylan, Jerome

• 13th Oct 2014

Nice pool,great staff cheap as chips merci beaucoup

• 12th Oct 2014

Thanks for everything, we had a wonderful stay with you guys ! I will definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a cheap place offering all the facilities you can ask! Special thanks to Dylan who were so helpful !

• 10th Oct 2014

Awesome place to stay in. The staff, Jeremy, Dylan and Kitan feel like family, always ready to help you with everything you need. Found some new friends staying in the same room as me. Jey was very helpfull when I wanted to book tickets to Chang Mai and found everything very cheap for me.This is a home away from home. Thank you Hard Road :D

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Iceland

I have been traveling South East Asia for 4 months now and Hard Road is still my favourite hostel that I have stayed at. I stayed there on 2 separate occasions and both times I've felt at home there. They have more facilities and entertainment than any other place I've stayed, and the general layout/social area is really good for chilling out and meeting people. The location is situated in Ban Tai half way between the half moon and full moon which is perfect. Great place to party and have fun.

Best place to stay on the Island! The facilities are great and the staff are lovely, I highly recommend Hard Road to anyone looking to visit Koh Phangan!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Had an absolute blast here!!! The facilities are top notch - pool two bar areas with loads of seating, volleyball, beach soccer and I smashed up the gym too building up the guns. There's a projector and beer pong tables, alongside a pool table and table tennis. The people were amazing and there was such a great vibe. Staff were all friendly and super great. I only wished I had stayed longer - it's been my number one hostel experience in my whole two years of travelling! CAN ONLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in so far! Great location, short taxi to haad rin but far enough that it's not too noisy. Great facilities. Really enjoyed my stay there, if I head back to Koh Phangan I will stay at the same place! Staff were always friendly and helpful! I would recommend it to friends or anyone staying on Koh phangan.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Loved this hostel! Wouldn't choose to stay anywhere else on the island! Amazing staff, great facilities and a great atmosphere A

Had such a fantastic time in this place! The staff and facilities are brilliant!

• 2nd Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in and incredible value for money. The pool, bar area and food are all great and I met amazing people while staying here. GREAT base for the Full Moon Party and also near the beach for chilling!

Stands above the rest in terms of hostels I've been to around the world. Staff are really helpful, plenty of places to socialise if u want to, as well as places to sit out the way if u want to just chill. Oh and for any fifa fans, fifa 14 is available to play on a decent size telly :), overall excellent place to settle and rest your head

• 8th Sep 2014

MUST STAY HERE!! Favourite hostel of our 5 weeks travelling. Group of 5 of us stayed during full moon. It is such a fun hostel, we literally turned into lazy sloths while staying here because you can hang out all day at the hostel and never get bored- so much to do. Really nice atmosphere and great place to meet other backpackers. Really cute dogs around too! Owners are awesome. Thanks for a fab stay :) Miss this place already.

• 5th Sep 2014

Awesome hostel, one of my favourite ever. excellent for lone travelers!

Nice hostel, cheaper than some during full moon. Facilities are great though not much in the way of atmosphere at night. Good place to chill by the pool or play some volleyball/football with mates

I loved staying at the Hard Road Cafe! I came for 2 nights and ended up staying for 12! It's a great place to meet new people and relax. The atmosphere is super relaxing and fun during the day and there's usually a chill drinking scene there at night. It's far from Haad Rin Beach but there's a beach right across the street. I rented a motorbike, which saved a lot of money on taxis and I ended up liking that it was so far away from all the crazy parties. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm- clean and comfy.

Really nice place. Cool people Don't like the lady from the bike rent She is looking for money and make you bike looking bad. Pay fee

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Can't say enough good things about Jeremy and his staff. The airline my friend flew into Thailand with sent his bags to Moscow Russia by mistake and the Hard Road staff made countless phone calls and efforts to get his bag back to him as soon as possible.. Just to mention one of the great things they did for us.

• 9th Aug 2014

Group of 3 stayed for 4 nights over the full moon. Great location for Haad Rin, right on the main road so easy to get taxis anywhere. Can rent mopeds from the hostel too. Ben and Tom are great guys, always making sure you have a class night. Brilliant atmosphere for full moon, it's build up parties and the nights after. A few organisational problems but these are just hiccups whilst getting started in the business. All in all a great time, would stay again and would recommend it to anyone else!

• 9th Aug 2014