Hard Rock Backpackers Reviews

29 Oribi Street, Wavecrest, Jeffreys Bay, South Africa

Definitely not the best hostel I stayed in. The location was good being close to the beach. But would not stay there again if I ever come back to Jefferys Bay. Would spend more money to stay somewhere nicer.

• 19th Dec 2015

Staff - couldn't be bothered generally. Specifically didn't show us where the facilities were; disinterested; seemed only interested in boozing; accepted little responsibility for the cleanliness of the place (there were sh&t stains on the floor in the only toilet for 3 dorm rooms) - 'yeah, that happens. The cleaner will come on Monday'. It was Saturday evening. Cleanliness - see above. One toilet. Three showers. Lots of people. Rubbish on the floor, around the sinks, in the showers.

Staff were just super (of course there's a lot of turnover here - but I hope it would reflect the managers' choice of staff - We had a lot of fun here and I felt very much welcome with the group although I'm the better part of 40 years older than the staff. Super friendly, helpful, fun to talk to people. Also they do a great job with the barbeque!!

View all Jeffreys Bay Hostels