Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I strongly recommend this hostel. Haris is a very good guy, his hospitality is commendable, and his tours are excellent. He also hosts barbecues in the evening - the food is great and it's an easy way to meet people. The hostel is very reasonably priced and Haris also offers personal tours to other parts of Bosnia. I can't recommend this place enough.

Loved my stay here. While it's a ten minute walk uphill from Old Town, the views from the terrace are outstanding. Beds are super comfortable. Common room is awesome. Not a party hostel so you get a great night's sleep, and you always have the option of going to the other hostel in town. Haris is generous, helpful, genuine and friendly. Thank you for our stay here, Haris. Would highly recommend!!

Great people and great atmosphere in a terrace with beautiful view. Couple of negative points, however. Very often there's nobody in the reception. Haris, owner and manager, tries to do everything on his own, and of course, he can't be there all the time, i.e. there's nobody to ask questions or solve problems (such as 2 guys beeing assigned the same bed, or no toilet paper in the WC). It says there's lockers, but there's only 13 lockers and over 20 beds, so half of the people don't get one.

All the staff that Iinteracted with were super friendly, super helpful, and super kind. Haris is unbelievably busy managing 2 locations AND his daily tours and he still made time to check in with me every day I was there. The central location is right next to the old town andhas a killer commonroom, complete with beanbag chairs and a caffe-bar across the hall. I stayed at the location up the hill, and really enjoyed the quiet of a more residential area, and the exercise getting there.

• 7th Aug 2015

An excellent hostel in a beautiful part of Sarajevo's old town, with cracking views of the city and easy access to the old town. Thoroughly recommend this hostel and a trip to Sarajevo to anyone and everyone. Thanks to everyone at HYH for making my stay so thorougly enjoyable.

If you think this is a hostel it's not it's like your in your own appartment not a busy hostel feels like home with a great view over city It's out of the city town 10 min walk but if your a lazy don't stay here well u can just get a taxi lol Harris cooks a mean feed on Sunday BBQ so good 100 percent stay there again :)

We had a very nice stay over here. The owner is very easy going and want to help you wherever he can.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Haris is not only a lovely host but an incredibly interesting guide to the city and its history. Rooms are clean, friendly atmosphere. The only downside is that the hostel is located at the top of a massive hill which can be difficult to climb - but it's absolutely worth it once up there, as the view from Haris' terrace is just stunning. Strongly recommend and will definitely come back there if i return to Sarajevo.

Absolutely loved this stay! Sarajevo has got heaps of history and you have got to get out there and see it all and that's what Harris does on his tour! He takes you to all the best placed even for local food and he is just so enthused to tell you you really get involved with the tour, one of the best days of my travelling! Harris as well is just the best he will help you in any which way he can, we missed our last bus but somehow through his contacts he got us a lift to Belgrade. Harris makes it

Haris personally picked us up and helped with our room. We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom. The staff tended to our needs perfectly, even assisting us with finding transportation to the bus station afterwards at the crack of dawn. Very friendly and amazing atmosphere.

Harris and his staff are THE BEST. Harris works really hard and tries to make each guest feel welcomed and at home. The staff even carried my bags up to my room which I thought was very kind. GO ON HARRIS TOUR OF SARAJEVO!! Worth every penny.

Haris youth hostel is a great place to stay with everything you need. It is in a great location, a few minutes walk from old town. Haris also runs an excellent tour of Sarajevo. It is a must do. double check the address once you book as they have moved. This will save you a lot of unnecessary walking. Our bathrooms bin did not get emptied over our 3 nights and the bathroom was not very clean and the toilet seat and shower head were broken

• 20th Jun 2015

Haris and staff are fantastic. Bosnia was by far the best part of my trip, and this hostel was one of the best.

The new hostel I stayed in is nicely located by the river and close to the old town. Harris and his colleagues are naturally helpful and friendly and made me feel welcome at their hostel. Harris seems v genuine to me and is striving to make the hostel as good as possible . I highly recommend this hostel, it's not a huge party place although has a socialable bar areas and trips , bbqs tours and pub crawls are all arrange via the hostel. I only stayed 2 nights but long enough to recommend the plac

In my room (101), the water does not fully drain away in the toilet, maybe you could fix that. Otherwise, thank you very much for the sincere, open welcome i received from everyone here! I really enjoyed my stay here.

Upon arrival we were informed that we were to be moved to another branch of Haris hostel. The new location was closer to town but the facilities were severely lacking. The 'replacement' hostel where we stayed had no kitchen facilities, only a fridge and sink. This was a let down as we had chosen Haris due to its good kitchen. The bathroom was a bit dirty and the shower head was broken. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even ordering veggie pizza for us one evening! located by main road

Great host, extremely friendly and his knowledge of Sarajevo was amazing.

A nice hostel just outside of the Old Town district of Sarajevo. It must've been low season as I was the only one who was a guest there. Good price for the hostel.

Nce Hostel, nice staff, i've had goos time there! therefore, there was'nt many people, maybe because i was off seasonn...

• 21st Apr 2015

This review is not for the hostel on the hill, but the one on the end of town. This facility is new and still needs to have many things updated. Of course the bar is operational. The beds were comfortable, nice common room, Haris is a great host with a good sense of humor. The kitchen is yet to be operational, the doors I encountered would not stay closed unless locked. The toilet and shower in my room needed some serious maintenance. Recommend.