Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Sarajevo. Haris is awesome and really helpful, the view over the whole city is great, and the hostel has a great atmosphere for meeting people (perfect for a solo traveller like myself).

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Harris is an absolute legend and an all round top bloke. The hostel is small so you get to meet a lot of great people. I planned on staying 2 nights and ended up staying 5.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Harris is an amazing host who goes above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be. His tour is amazing and he's in the process of making a bar in the basement which when completed will be great. Free bbqs on Sundays which are delicious. The hostel is up a very steep hill but I actually enjoyed the walks and it means the views are spectacular!

Cannot recommend highly enough. The terrace is beautiful, common rooms make it easy to socialize, beds soft, showers clean, full kitchen for cooking and Harris himself is great for tips and conversation. Made my stay in Sarajevo perfect. Well worth the 5 min walk from the bazaar.

We had the most amazing stay at Haris Youth Hostel. The owner, Haris, was an amazing guy. Extremely relaxed and friendly. He made our stay in Sarajevo very memorable. The hostel is very laid back and has amazing views over the city. I would definitely recommend to stay at this hostel.

• 15th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved my stay at Haris Youth Hostel. The hill may be a bit steep, but you can always take the bus or pay a cab next to nothing to get to the top. I walked it every time no problem. Haris is a great guy who goes out of his way to make sure everyone enjoys their stay in Sarajevo. Do not miss out on his tour either, it was one of the best I've been on. The roof top patio/bbq was great for meeting people. And the bbq Haris made for us was so good! Thanks again Haris!

Perfect hostel for your stay in Sarajevo! The staff was very friendly and will help you with everything. You can ask what you want, and they do it for you. The location was perfect, you only have to walk down the hill for the centre en the old town. If you visiting Sarajevo, book this hostel! There's nog better place to stay.

The place is pretty great because of the awesome host that makes you feel super welcome and goes out of this way to help you in anything he can!!! Bathrooms very clean but few. Rooms were good but old I guess it adds to the charm! Location! It is a 10 min walk to old town but up/down massive hill! All in all comfortable stay!! Met some cool peeps and some bad eggs. Host was amazing

HYH was a great hostel, we really enjoyed our stay there - the hostel is fully equipped, clean and has a very cozy common area and extremly helpful and friendly staff/owner. I'd recommend everybody to go on the city tour offered by Haris himself, very interesting and totally worth the money. The only minus was the location up on the hill, but if you like walks, this place is perfect for you!

Loved my stay at Haris' place. Haris is one of the best hostel owners I've ever met: super friendly, welcoming, and his tour is excellent. The rest of the staff is very helpful as well. The hostel is clean and charming with a great view over Sarajevo from the patio. Definitely recommended!

We loved our stay at Haris Youth Hostel- the staff are lovely and there was a great atmosphere at the hostel. We took a daily tour with Haris which was amazing value for money and was very thorough and interesting. We finished the tour with a pretty good idea of Sarajevo/BiH's complicated recent history. The only downside was the massive hill we had to walk up every day to get to the hostel! On the other hand, this meant we could eat more Borek :)

Only planned on staying 3 nights in Sarajevo but stayed an extra two. Loved the city and Haris's hostel is great. Haris is super nice and friendly and will do anything for his guests. I was there during Ramadan so he couldn't eat or drink anything during the day but still was accomodating and booked a rafting trip for us. His tours of Sarajevo are not to be missed. Maybe there are other hostels not up a hill, but it's really not that bad considering everything you get for your money.

Really liked this place, Haris is great, and his place is definitely a fantastic choice. Highly recommended!

• 11th Jul 2014

Harris was a good host who did everything he could to make sure you're stay was comfortable. The hostel was rather quiet during my stay so getting sleep was not an issue. Although only a short walk down to the old bazaar the hill was quite steep so walking back up it was something anyone would dread.

Harris is really cool, nice atmosphere and good people. The only problem is that there is not enough lockers for every guest. Not so safe...

Great social group when we were at the hostel. It's a bit of a trek to (getting up the hill) everytime you return to the hostel. Staff were friendly, but provided incorrect information in respect of the buses to Belgrade. This meant an extra 2 and a half hour wait at the bus stations. The common room area is fine, the bathrooms/showers are not the cleanest.

Great location with view over the city of Sarajevo. Hari is the greatest hostelowner ever. We could really recommend the guided tour. Great area outdoor where you can relaxe and have a good view over the city. You have to walk uphill to get from the citycenter to the hostel, so stay away from this hostel if you are not ready to walk for 5 minutes. Absolutly recomendes.

Fantastic hostel! Great group of people and relaxed vibe. 15min walk from centre of the city but nice neighbourhood and amazing views of the city. The staff are really friendly and go above and beyond. Would definitely recommend.

Despite a hiccup at first the hostel was great and really accommodating. Harris is lovely and stayed in free beds around the hostel really making it his home. Location is the only thing i have marked it down on, but even that wasn't too bad because it was still super close to the old town.

Fantastic staff, so friendly and hospitable. I really enjoyed staying there and the view is great!