Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

We loved our stay at Haris Youth Hostel- the staff are lovely and there was a great atmosphere at the hostel. We took a daily tour with Haris which was amazing value for money and was very thorough and interesting. We finished the tour with a pretty good idea of Sarajevo/BiH's complicated recent history. The only downside was the massive hill we had to walk up every day to get to the hostel! On the other hand, this meant we could eat more Borek :)

Only planned on staying 3 nights in Sarajevo but stayed an extra two. Loved the city and Haris's hostel is great. Haris is super nice and friendly and will do anything for his guests. I was there during Ramadan so he couldn't eat or drink anything during the day but still was accomodating and booked a rafting trip for us. His tours of Sarajevo are not to be missed. Maybe there are other hostels not up a hill, but it's really not that bad considering everything you get for your money.

Really liked this place, Haris is great, and his place is definitely a fantastic choice. Highly recommended!

• 11th Jul 2014

Harris was a good host who did everything he could to make sure you're stay was comfortable. The hostel was rather quiet during my stay so getting sleep was not an issue. Although only a short walk down to the old bazaar the hill was quite steep so walking back up it was something anyone would dread.

Harris is really cool, nice atmosphere and good people. The only problem is that there is not enough lockers for every guest. Not so safe...

Great social group when we were at the hostel. It's a bit of a trek to (getting up the hill) everytime you return to the hostel. Staff were friendly, but provided incorrect information in respect of the buses to Belgrade. This meant an extra 2 and a half hour wait at the bus stations. The common room area is fine, the bathrooms/showers are not the cleanest.

Great location with view over the city of Sarajevo. Hari is the greatest hostelowner ever. We could really recommend the guided tour. Great area outdoor where you can relaxe and have a good view over the city. You have to walk uphill to get from the citycenter to the hostel, so stay away from this hostel if you are not ready to walk for 5 minutes. Absolutly recomendes.

Fantastic hostel! Great group of people and relaxed vibe. 15min walk from centre of the city but nice neighbourhood and amazing views of the city. The staff are really friendly and go above and beyond. Would definitely recommend.

Despite a hiccup at first the hostel was great and really accommodating. Harris is lovely and stayed in free beds around the hostel really making it his home. Location is the only thing i have marked it down on, but even that wasn't too bad because it was still super close to the old town.

Fantastic staff, so friendly and hospitable. I really enjoyed staying there and the view is great!

I had a brilliant stay at Sarajevo, this time all thanks to Haris Youth Hostel. Haris and his sister are the most welcoming and sweet hosts ever! They are available to assist you with a smile always. The hostel beds are comfortable and the bathrooms were always clean and tidy. The walk to the hostel is uphill and might be a problem for those with knee problems, but if you're young and fit and would like to soak in the beautiful city view from the hostel's balcony, this is the hostel for you!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • India

It was OK if you stay for a few days. The mattress on my bed was the thinnest one ever, I could feel the metal part. There were only few small lockers for all of us which wasn't enough. I left my luggage after check out and they said I can put them around reception as they would be there all the time, but when I came back, no one was there for more than 5mins and everyone could steal my bag!! But staff were very helpful and friendly.

Dont cancel because of the floods! Sarajevo is amazing and Haris is a wonderful young host. I'm still impressed how he manages to run a hostel all by himself! He picked me at the bus station when I came really late, and bought beers and juice for everyone! He also took care to find me a shuttle bus to Belgrade! The hostel has a big commun room with a kitchen and a rooftop (great view!). 10min walking to Old town (bit more to come back, you've to climb a hill). Wifi works really good everywhere.

Hostel owner Haris was very helpful & friendly. Hostel is really up on the hill. How ever easy to reach from main train station. Main attractions are not far from hostel. Specially old market. I stayed in 8 bed dorm. Dorm was clean. Kitchen is there to cook own food & tv + common area to sit,eat,drink & to meet fellow backpackers. Also terrace is there. I enjoyed my stay here. Highly recommended. *** Greetings from India ***

haris-stuff rules :) , beautiful look on the town at night and very security in hostel :)

Harris is AWESOME! We think this is one of the best hostels we've ever stayed at! We went on Harris' all day tour (for a bargain 18 Euros) and had a wonderful time in Sarajevo. He is incredibly knowledgable about Bosnian history. He is also a lot of fun - every night we had complimentary Bosnian beer in the common room with Harris and fellow travelers. In addition, the location is fantastic - only about a 10 minute walk to the old town. If you are going to Sarajevo, STAY HERE!

Would definitely recommend staying here. Haris and his sister were extremely helpful and accommodating. It felt more as if you we're staying with a friend than at a hostel and they were able to provide good stories and recommendations so you felt as though you had a personal tour guide ! Thanks for the great stay!

• 21st Apr 2014