Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

In my room (101), the water does not fully drain away in the toilet, maybe you could fix that. Otherwise, thank you very much for the sincere, open welcome i received from everyone here! I really enjoyed my stay here.

Upon arrival we were informed that we were to be moved to another branch of Haris hostel. The new location was closer to town but the facilities were severely lacking. The 'replacement' hostel where we stayed had no kitchen facilities, only a fridge and sink. This was a let down as we had chosen Haris due to its good kitchen. The bathroom was a bit dirty and the shower head was broken. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even ordering veggie pizza for us one evening! located by main road

Great host, extremely friendly and his knowledge of Sarajevo was amazing.

A nice hostel just outside of the Old Town district of Sarajevo. It must've been low season as I was the only one who was a guest there. Good price for the hostel.

Nce Hostel, nice staff, i've had goos time there! therefore, there was'nt many people, maybe because i was off seasonn...

• 21st Apr 2015

This review is not for the hostel on the hill, but the one on the end of town. This facility is new and still needs to have many things updated. Of course the bar is operational. The beds were comfortable, nice common room, Haris is a great host with a good sense of humor. The kitchen is yet to be operational, the doors I encountered would not stay closed unless locked. The toilet and shower in my room needed some serious maintenance. Recommend.

Great as always! The new location will be excellent!

The Haris Youth Hostel was wonderful. They were so kind and accommodating. I lost my phone and he managed to find it and go and get it for me, no questions asked. I cannot explain my gratitude for these lovely people. Their new hostel location is bound to be great and I wish them all the best.

I had a very good time with Haris and the rest of the people in the hostel, they were all very kind. It's a little far from the center but that's not a problem, since it's easy to get there either walking or by bus. I would recomend this hostel to anyone looking for a quiet place to spend a few nights.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Haris is a really nice guy who's been running this hostel for many years. He also knows a lot about Sarajevo and its history, so I recommend his tour. The hostel is 10mins walk from the centre and up a hill. However, I liked the daily exercise! And it's very close to shops and a great look-out over the city. There were a few young AISEC volunteers staying or hanging out at the hostel so it can be quite social.

Maybe it was because of the off-season time, but the hostel was empty and there was a lack of cleanliness, mainly in the kitchen and leaving room. Like the people would never clean after themeselves and there were literally piles of dirty dishes when i arrived. Kinda disgusting. But the owner was nice and made me nice breakfast too (even though he was almost never there, no recepcionist when i arrived, luckily a guest was inside to open the door). The hostel has a great view too.

Haris youth hostel is a great stay in Sarajevo. Large kitchen, common area, two outdoor terrace areas, friendly staff (Haris and his friend took me out one night, and Nejda made us pancakes another). The location is good, and the views even better, but you must be prepared to walk up the hill if you aren't in a cab. Quick shout out to long term guest Erosin who was helpful and entertaining too. Almost forgot: haris hostel has a TON of tv channels for those times when you just need to chill.

This is THE place to stay in Sarajevo. If you're a chill, low maintenance, social person, you'll find everything you need here! Bar, enough washrooms, kitchen, common areas, patio... Attracts cool people and Haris is the best! Genuinely a great guy with a heart of gold. Take his tour, it's so insightful. The hostel is a bit of a walk up a hill, but totally worth it.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Really friendly and helpfull staff. The rooms are clean and nice. The atmosphere between all the guest is really nice. It feels like home to stay there. The city tour we had from the owner of the hostel was really interesting and I would everyone who's in Sarajevo recommend to join this.

The worst hostel I've stayed at! The doors don't close yet alone lock. Harris the owner was rude and unhelpful. It was incredibly dirty. Do not stay here it's the worst hostel. Location is bad. There was some creepy permant lodgers living there who creeped out everyone. Do not stay here!!!!!

If u want to visit Sarajevo, just go in that hostel :) U gonna feel more comfortable than in your own home!

Quit reading reviews and stay here. I can echo every other commenter here but Haris is awesome. You will get to experience this city from an authentic perspective and the hospitality is unmatched.

We had a really nice stay. Especially the offered guided tour from the hostel made our stay unforgettable.

• 18th Sep 2014

Haris was a great host, the hostel has a real nice family kind of vibe to it. Really close to the old town part of the city which was great to wander round. Good atmosphere in the common areas of the hostel, very social, seems like the place attracts good people which is important when your a solo traveler. Also the free BBQ was a really nice touch. I would highly recommend the city tour Haris runs from the hostel, feels a lot more personal than a generic tour company doing large groups

The people make a place and Sarajevo was one of the coolest spots I've been because I stayed with Haris. Haris is a born and bred sarajevoean (dunno if that's how you spell), his tour gives you an awesome insight into the lives of locals and their city, and his generosity and help throughout the stay was second to none. From free beers on arrival, to booking buses for you, and an all you can eat Bosnian BBQ(need I say more) this bloke is a legend. You have to stay here!!