Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Guests will meet the family who own the hostel, all nice people. A good large common room with kitchen. The bunk rooms could use mirrors, a small table & chair. The distance between the lower bunk & upper bunk is suitable for children b/c it's short & is uncomfortable for adults to eg. sit on the bunk to use your laptop. A nice upstairs porch. The shower nozzels need hardware to hang 'em, or you have to hold it. It's a long walk up a steep hill from the tram, especially after a tiring day.

Very welcoming. We arrived late and Harris invited us to the terrace and offered us beer.

Definitely one of the best hostels I have ever been to, I will come back. Haris is the friendliest person in the world!Barbecue was awesome.

I had a great time in Haris Hostel, thank you very much! Great atmosphere, really really nice hosts, perfect :)

Went to this place for 3 days and stayed for a whole week! Haris and the rest of the staff are great. just didn't want to leave.

Spacious, well kept, great atmosphere. Really worth going there! (10-12 minutes walking from old city center).

Fantastic location amazing view worth the walk up the hill!!! Harris and his sister just went out of their way to make it a wonderful stay and did everything to help!!!! Cannot recommend it enough!!!!!

Haris Youth Hostel is one of the best hostels I stayed in. The free BBQ on Sunday helps very well to give your stay a nice atmosphere and meet the other travelers. Besides this the Tour Harris gives is absolutely awesome. The hostel is located at a nasty hill, but the plus side of this is the amazing view over the city and if you really don' t want to walk just take a cheap taxi. Definitely would stay here again!

Loved this place! Could have EASILY have stayed longer. A perfect environment for a solo traveler to meet like minded travelers. Long live Sarajevo, long live Haris' Youth Hostel!

This is the absolute best place I've stayed. Great views of the city, awesome vibe, Haris is fantastic and close to old town.

Haris Youth Hostel - a family owned hostel - was such a cool place to stay. They had an incredible overlook of the city and the staff could not be nicer - in fact, the staff wanted to just talk when they weren't busy and even drove me to the airport the day I had to leave. It is on top of the hill, which is a good hike, but well worth it. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to visit Sarajevo.

Thank you Haris for another great stay! This is a great hostel in a residential area above the Bascarsija historic district, with good common areas in the living room and especially out on the terrace where you can have a drink or two with fellow travellers and admire the amazing sunset over Sarajevo.

The Haris Youth Hostel is a good place to go in Sarajevo, although the location is not the most preferable one. It´s, after getting out at the Bascara-something tramstop in downtown Sarajevo, a ten minute walk up the hill. Not the most pleasant thing to do with a heavy backpack. Nevertheless, they've got good sanitary and kitchen facilities to get you back in your normal shape straight away. Good stay, Haris knows a lot about the country, the surroundings and the city.

This is my second time at Haris, the first being last year. When It came to that my friends and I were interrailing to Sarajevo, the choice was obvious. Haris is just so welcoming. He will help u with all your needs, cook up a great cevapi bbq and share a Sarajevsko and stories with you at Kino Bosnie. Allthough the beds are not the comfyest and walk up the hill can be a killer in those hot bosnian days, its just not a question. Haris is on every backpackers lips, and woth good reason! Go there!

Very nice hostel with the owner as the tour guide. A tour you really should do if you stay here! Only small things that concerned me. Not enough safety lockers for all the beds! Crucial if you ask me! And then not enough showers either. Busy mornings and evenings can take longer time than expected. Else from this it is really good here and I will probably stay here next time I go back :)

Without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed at.. I want to go back to Sarajevo just to stay there again. Haris and his friends/staff are all amazing, hostel has a great atmosphere as if you're just hanging out in a friend's house. It's a bit of a walk up a hill but you get awesome views of the city. Haris you are doing things right. I had heard Sarajevo was a place with a lot of heart and soul and your place was a fine example of that! Hope I make it back some day!

Haris is the man. He is so helpful, friendly and welcoming that you can't help but have a good time. Great facilities, nice shower, comfortable beds. Stocked kitchen and there's two outdoor patios (the top floor has an amazing view). It is up a bit of a hill, but if you're tired and don't want the exercise there are taxis at the bottom of the hill for only a few euros. I strongly recommend that you visit this hostel if in Sarajevo. You will not be disappointed. Free bbq on Sunday nights too!

This was one of my favorite hostels of our trip. The staff were definitely the highlight of the stay--they were extremely friendly and very helpful not only with the hostel but with suggestions for things to do in Sarajevo. The location is a bit farther than some of the more central hostels, but it's a more than reasonable walk considering the quality of the facilities and staff. The kitchen is great and there is a market and fruit stand across the street. I'll definitely stay again!

• 16th Jul 2013

I absolutely loved my stay here! The staff are great and really helpful with anything you need or want to do. Highly recommend also going on the day tour with Harris! Hostel is always so clean and just has a really relaxed and welcoming vibe.

The staff at Haris Youth Hostel was incredibly friendly and my companions and I very much appreciated the free bus station pick up and cheap drive to the airport provided by the hostel. The balcony offers a gorgeous view of the city and the beds were comfier than any other I've slept in at a hostel. The only downside is the slightly sketchy walk up to the hostel from the old part of town, slightly unnerving at night if you're new to Sarajevo. The hostel, however, is very secure. Great place!