Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I had a brilliant stay at Sarajevo, this time all thanks to Haris Youth Hostel. Haris and his sister are the most welcoming and sweet hosts ever! They are available to assist you with a smile always. The hostel beds are comfortable and the bathrooms were always clean and tidy. The walk to the hostel is uphill and might be a problem for those with knee problems, but if you're young and fit and would like to soak in the beautiful city view from the hostel's balcony, this is the hostel for you!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • India

It was OK if you stay for a few days. The mattress on my bed was the thinnest one ever, I could feel the metal part. There were only few small lockers for all of us which wasn't enough. I left my luggage after check out and they said I can put them around reception as they would be there all the time, but when I came back, no one was there for more than 5mins and everyone could steal my bag!! But staff were very helpful and friendly.

Dont cancel because of the floods! Sarajevo is amazing and Haris is a wonderful young host. I'm still impressed how he manages to run a hostel all by himself! He picked me at the bus station when I came really late, and bought beers and juice for everyone! He also took care to find me a shuttle bus to Belgrade! The hostel has a big commun room with a kitchen and a rooftop (great view!). 10min walking to Old town (bit more to come back, you've to climb a hill). Wifi works really good everywhere.

Hostel owner Haris was very helpful & friendly. Hostel is really up on the hill. How ever easy to reach from main train station. Main attractions are not far from hostel. Specially old market. I stayed in 8 bed dorm. Dorm was clean. Kitchen is there to cook own food & tv + common area to sit,eat,drink & to meet fellow backpackers. Also terrace is there. I enjoyed my stay here. Highly recommended. *** Greetings from India ***

haris-stuff rules :) , beautiful look on the town at night and very security in hostel :)

Harris is AWESOME! We think this is one of the best hostels we've ever stayed at! We went on Harris' all day tour (for a bargain 18 Euros) and had a wonderful time in Sarajevo. He is incredibly knowledgable about Bosnian history. He is also a lot of fun - every night we had complimentary Bosnian beer in the common room with Harris and fellow travelers. In addition, the location is fantastic - only about a 10 minute walk to the old town. If you are going to Sarajevo, STAY HERE!

Would definitely recommend staying here. Haris and his sister were extremely helpful and accommodating. It felt more as if you we're staying with a friend than at a hostel and they were able to provide good stories and recommendations so you felt as though you had a personal tour guide ! Thanks for the great stay!

• 21st Apr 2014

This hostel is one of the BEST hostel I've ever stayed!!! Haris is very helpful, kind and friendly staff!! He cook the breakfast and it was very nice. Clean room, good hot shower, nice kitchen... This hostel is very cozy!!!!! Actually, the hill is a little hard to clime, but you can see nice view and stay calm!!! If I go to Sarajevo again, I gonna stay here definitely :) A lot of thank for Haris!!!

The place is clean, facilities are nice, and there is a great common room with a kitchen and computer and big TV and such. But what really makes this place is Haris, the owner. He's nice, helpful, and a great guy! You should come to Sarajevo and stay here! The only downside would be that it's not right in the center of town, but that's why it's cheaper than the others, and it's really not much of a walk, as Sarajevo is very small. Plus, you get a great view of the city!

Haris is awesome and so hospitable! I came during low season so I did not get to experience the atmosphere, but the location is great and hostel itself is great!

I'm very pleased about my stay at Haris Youth Hostel. I have been in many hostels in Sarajevo and Haris was clearly one of the best ones. Everything worked smoothly, even breakfast was served on the mornings by friendly and easy-going staff.

Good vibe and pleasant owner, but no one added new toilet paper nor took the garbage from my room. And I stayed there for 4 nights....

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Croatia

Advertised with following facilities and didn't get any of those: free parking (busy), free welcomed drink (never heard about), lockers ( full!). I m traveling with expensive camera gear and book the hostel for those facilities.

One of the best hostel I've been to in all Europe

Had a super comfortable stay at Haris' even if the slopes up to the hostel was a killer. Beds are so soft and comfortable, common area is great to meet people, and breakfast with bosnian coffee is a plus! Haris was an amazing host and it was a lot of fun staying at his hostel :)

Harris is an amazing host who really makes you feel welcome and is always excited to teach you about Bosnia. His hospitality was very warm, and the tour of the city very informative as well as good for being able to see a lot of places around Sarajavo that would usually be difficult to get to as a tourist.

We had a really good stay at Haris Hostel. We would liked to stay more days but we had to continue our trip. Everything was as it should be in a hostel. Good people, common rooms, breakfast, nice terrace. Definitely, one of the best hostels I have ever been.

I would like to give the Staff (Haris and his sister) a better review than excellent, but it was not possible. They are doing a great job. The tour of Haris is really worth taking! He takes you outside the city where other tours do not go. I love Sarajevo!

Excelllent, Harris is probably the best hostel owner that I have met, incredibly generous with his time and advice and really made my visit to Sarajevo worthwhile. The tour of the city that he organises is also incredibly worthwhile and has been a highlight of my trip so far.

• 21st Sep 2013

Haris was a really great guy and made our stay a lot of fun even though there weren't many people travelling at that time of year. Good facilities in the hostel and great view of the city from the balcony. Only fault of this place is the walk up the hill so as long as you are aware of that this place is definitely recommended!