Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This hostel is one of the BEST hostel I've ever stayed!!! Haris is very helpful, kind and friendly staff!! He cook the breakfast and it was very nice. Clean room, good hot shower, nice kitchen... This hostel is very cozy!!!!! Actually, the hill is a little hard to clime, but you can see nice view and stay calm!!! If I go to Sarajevo again, I gonna stay here definitely :) A lot of thank for Haris!!!

The place is clean, facilities are nice, and there is a great common room with a kitchen and computer and big TV and such. But what really makes this place is Haris, the owner. He's nice, helpful, and a great guy! You should come to Sarajevo and stay here! The only downside would be that it's not right in the center of town, but that's why it's cheaper than the others, and it's really not much of a walk, as Sarajevo is very small. Plus, you get a great view of the city!

Haris is awesome and so hospitable! I came during low season so I did not get to experience the atmosphere, but the location is great and hostel itself is great!

I'm very pleased about my stay at Haris Youth Hostel. I have been in many hostels in Sarajevo and Haris was clearly one of the best ones. Everything worked smoothly, even breakfast was served on the mornings by friendly and easy-going staff.

Good vibe and pleasant owner, but no one added new toilet paper nor took the garbage from my room. And I stayed there for 4 nights....

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Croatia

Advertised with following facilities and didn't get any of those: free parking (busy), free welcomed drink (never heard about), lockers ( full!). I m traveling with expensive camera gear and book the hostel for those facilities.

One of the best hostel I've been to in all Europe

Had a super comfortable stay at Haris' even if the slopes up to the hostel was a killer. Beds are so soft and comfortable, common area is great to meet people, and breakfast with bosnian coffee is a plus! Haris was an amazing host and it was a lot of fun staying at his hostel :)

Harris is an amazing host who really makes you feel welcome and is always excited to teach you about Bosnia. His hospitality was very warm, and the tour of the city very informative as well as good for being able to see a lot of places around Sarajavo that would usually be difficult to get to as a tourist.

We had a really good stay at Haris Hostel. We would liked to stay more days but we had to continue our trip. Everything was as it should be in a hostel. Good people, common rooms, breakfast, nice terrace. Definitely, one of the best hostels I have ever been.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • Spain

I would like to give the Staff (Haris and his sister) a better review than excellent, but it was not possible. They are doing a great job. The tour of Haris is really worth taking! He takes you outside the city where other tours do not go. I love Sarajevo!

Excelllent, Harris is probably the best hostel owner that I have met, incredibly generous with his time and advice and really made my visit to Sarajevo worthwhile. The tour of the city that he organises is also incredibly worthwhile and has been a highlight of my trip so far.

• 21st Sep 2013

Haris was a really great guy and made our stay a lot of fun even though there weren't many people travelling at that time of year. Good facilities in the hostel and great view of the city from the balcony. Only fault of this place is the walk up the hill so as long as you are aware of that this place is definitely recommended!

The owner Harris is an absolute legend and will ensure you have a great time in Sarajevo. Make sure you stay at this hostel.

Overall the hostel was good but it didn't live up to the hype of other reviews. There was no mention of the tour others have partaken in, we were only shown half of the facilities available to us and the door to the room wouldn't shut. Apart from this it was all good, so don't take this as a negative review, more as a reality check to the others.

After 4 nights in Sarajevo I would definitely recommend visiting the city and staying here. Disregard the 5-10 minute walk up the hill from the old town, the view from the terrace is definitely worth it. Haris is a genuine legend who's knowledge of the city and the country itself greatly enhanced the experience there. He took us out clubbing for a great night out and even went out of his way to drive us to Budapest when our transport plans fell through. His tour is a must! See you again Haris!

Great terrace with a full view over the city. The directions didn't make it clear that the hostel is at the top of a steep hill which takes about 15 minutes from the tram stop, it is only the hostel 'office' that is right beside the stop. Still in the right part of town for seeing the sights though.

Harris Youth Hostel was one of the best I've stayed in! Harris and his family treat you like one of their own and make you feel so at home. The tour is a must if you want to learn about Bosnian history and get a real feel for the people and their culture. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Sarajevo, thanks Harris, miss Bosnia already!!

• 22nd Aug 2013

Very recommendable hostel! Harris is a good host and organise a lot of activities. He organises a tour every day, which is very recommendable to learn all ins and outs about Sarajevo. The hostel itself is placed a bit uphill, so it takes a small walk but beautifull view. There where 3 bathrooms for 4 rooms, everything clean.

Very friendly and genuine staff. Great atmosphere with a great view of the city.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7