Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Haris personally picked us up and helped with our room. We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom. The staff tended to our needs perfectly, even assisting us with finding transportation to the bus station afterwards at the crack of dawn. Very friendly and amazing atmosphere.

Harris and his staff are THE BEST. Harris works really hard and tries to make each guest feel welcomed and at home. The staff even carried my bags up to my room which I thought was very kind. GO ON HARRIS TOUR OF SARAJEVO!! Worth every penny.

Haris youth hostel is a great place to stay with everything you need. It is in a great location, a few minutes walk from old town. Haris also runs an excellent tour of Sarajevo. It is a must do. double check the address once you book as they have moved. This will save you a lot of unnecessary walking. Our bathrooms bin did not get emptied over our 3 nights and the bathroom was not very clean and the toilet seat and shower head were broken

• 20th Jun 2015

Haris and staff are fantastic. Bosnia was by far the best part of my trip, and this hostel was one of the best.

The new hostel I stayed in is nicely located by the river and close to the old town. Harris and his colleagues are naturally helpful and friendly and made me feel welcome at their hostel. Harris seems v genuine to me and is striving to make the hostel as good as possible . I highly recommend this hostel, it's not a huge party place although has a socialable bar areas and trips , bbqs tours and pub crawls are all arrange via the hostel. I only stayed 2 nights but long enough to recommend the plac

In my room (101), the water does not fully drain away in the toilet, maybe you could fix that. Otherwise, thank you very much for the sincere, open welcome i received from everyone here! I really enjoyed my stay here.

Upon arrival we were informed that we were to be moved to another branch of Haris hostel. The new location was closer to town but the facilities were severely lacking. The 'replacement' hostel where we stayed had no kitchen facilities, only a fridge and sink. This was a let down as we had chosen Haris due to its good kitchen. The bathroom was a bit dirty and the shower head was broken. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even ordering veggie pizza for us one evening! located by main road

Great host, extremely friendly and his knowledge of Sarajevo was amazing.

A nice hostel just outside of the Old Town district of Sarajevo. It must've been low season as I was the only one who was a guest there. Good price for the hostel.

Nce Hostel, nice staff, i've had goos time there! therefore, there was'nt many people, maybe because i was off seasonn...

• 21st Apr 2015

This review is not for the hostel on the hill, but the one on the end of town. This facility is new and still needs to have many things updated. Of course the bar is operational. The beds were comfortable, nice common room, Haris is a great host with a good sense of humor. The kitchen is yet to be operational, the doors I encountered would not stay closed unless locked. The toilet and shower in my room needed some serious maintenance. Recommend.

Great as always! The new location will be excellent!

The Haris Youth Hostel was wonderful. They were so kind and accommodating. I lost my phone and he managed to find it and go and get it for me, no questions asked. I cannot explain my gratitude for these lovely people. Their new hostel location is bound to be great and I wish them all the best.

I had a very good time with Haris and the rest of the people in the hostel, they were all very kind. It's a little far from the center but that's not a problem, since it's easy to get there either walking or by bus. I would recomend this hostel to anyone looking for a quiet place to spend a few nights.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Haris is a really nice guy who's been running this hostel for many years. He also knows a lot about Sarajevo and its history, so I recommend his tour. The hostel is 10mins walk from the centre and up a hill. However, I liked the daily exercise! And it's very close to shops and a great look-out over the city. There were a few young AISEC volunteers staying or hanging out at the hostel so it can be quite social.