Haris Youth Hostel Reviews

Vratnik Mejdan 37, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Quit reading reviews and stay here. I can echo every other commenter here but Haris is awesome. You will get to experience this city from an authentic perspective and the hospitality is unmatched.

We had a really nice stay. Especially the offered guided tour from the hostel made our stay unforgettable.

• 18th Sep 2014

Haris was a great host, the hostel has a real nice family kind of vibe to it. Really close to the old town part of the city which was great to wander round. Good atmosphere in the common areas of the hostel, very social, seems like the place attracts good people which is important when your a solo traveler. Also the free BBQ was a really nice touch. I would highly recommend the city tour Haris runs from the hostel, feels a lot more personal than a generic tour company doing large groups

The people make a place and Sarajevo was one of the coolest spots I've been because I stayed with Haris. Haris is a born and bred sarajevoean (dunno if that's how you spell), his tour gives you an awesome insight into the lives of locals and their city, and his generosity and help throughout the stay was second to none. From free beers on arrival, to booking buses for you, and an all you can eat Bosnian BBQ(need I say more) this bloke is a legend. You have to stay here!!

Excelent place!

A great place! Haris is a wonderful host and the atmosphere is very friendly. I met lovely people there and had an awesome time getting to know Sarajevo.

Yes. Amazing view from the deck, Haris is a gem, and every person that was staying there ended up staying at least an extra night.

The lockers are not that good... everything else is amazing. Haris is an awesome host and all the other guests were solo travelers so I met lots of very cool people. Great hostel in a great city.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Sarajevo. Haris is awesome and really helpful, the view over the whole city is great, and the hostel has a great atmosphere for meeting people (perfect for a solo traveller like myself).

Can't say enough good things about this hostel, one of my all time favourites! Great facilities, really clean, laundry service, terrace, the owner runs a tour of Sarajevo from the hostel which I would recommend to everyone. The staff were all fantastic and very friendly, which added to the atmosphere and answered any and all questions we had about the city, coming and going etc. Extremely enjoyable stay, I'd come again! Thanks Haris

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Harris is an absolute legend and an all round top bloke. The hostel is small so you get to meet a lot of great people. I planned on staying 2 nights and ended up staying 5.

The walk up the hill is worth every step. Fantastic hostel. Very helpful staff that go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. We even forfeited a night in Mostar just so we could go back to the hostel and Sarajevo. Thanks again Haris we will be telling our friends about your hospitality.

• 19th Aug 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Harris is an amazing host who goes above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be. His tour is amazing and he's in the process of making a bar in the basement which when completed will be great. Free bbqs on Sundays which are delicious. The hostel is up a very steep hill but I actually enjoyed the walks and it means the views are spectacular!

Cannot recommend highly enough. The terrace is beautiful, common rooms make it easy to socialize, beds soft, showers clean, full kitchen for cooking and Harris himself is great for tips and conversation. Made my stay in Sarajevo perfect. Well worth the 5 min walk from the bazaar.

We had the most amazing stay at Haris Youth Hostel. The owner, Haris, was an amazing guy. Extremely relaxed and friendly. He made our stay in Sarajevo very memorable. The hostel is very laid back and has amazing views over the city. I would definitely recommend to stay at this hostel.

• 15th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved my stay at Haris Youth Hostel. The hill may be a bit steep, but you can always take the bus or pay a cab next to nothing to get to the top. I walked it every time no problem. Haris is a great guy who goes out of his way to make sure everyone enjoys their stay in Sarajevo. Do not miss out on his tour either, it was one of the best I've been on. The roof top patio/bbq was great for meeting people. And the bbq Haris made for us was so good! Thanks again Haris!

Die Lage des Hostels gefällt mir persönlich sehr gut da es ein bisschen Abseits liegt, man von dort einen schönen Blick auf die Stadt hat und es trotzdem nahe der Innenstadt liegt. Die Mitarbeiter waren hilfsbereit und freundlich. Manchmal etwas zu freundlich. Ansonsten hat mir die Atmosphäre gefallen und ich fühlte mich dort wohl.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Perfect hostel for your stay in Sarajevo! The staff was very friendly and will help you with everything. You can ask what you want, and they do it for you. The location was perfect, you only have to walk down the hill for the centre en the old town. If you visiting Sarajevo, book this hostel! There's nog better place to stay.

The place is pretty great because of the awesome host that makes you feel super welcome and goes out of this way to help you in anything he can!!! Bathrooms very clean but few. Rooms were good but old I guess it adds to the charm! Location! It is a 10 min walk to old town but up/down massive hill! All in all comfortable stay!! Met some cool peeps and some bad eggs. Host was amazing

HYH was a great hostel, we really enjoyed our stay there - the hostel is fully equipped, clean and has a very cozy common area and extremly helpful and friendly staff/owner. I'd recommend everybody to go on the city tour offered by Haris himself, very interesting and totally worth the money. The only minus was the location up on the hill, but if you like walks, this place is perfect for you!