Harlem YMCA Reviews

180 West 135th Street, NY 10030, New York, USA

We waited almost an hour to check in. We make reservation for two rooms Deluxe twin, but they said they were overbooked that day, so they put us in one "2 bunks" bedroom with the same price!!! When I pay for the balance They told me they don't have any change! That means we won't receive the change back. What if I told you I don't have money? Can I stay for free? The wifi is not working in the room. I am not satisfied with the stay, We paid 400something for two nights with 3 person! Not worth

great staff, location and amenities. Will visit again!

Had a very pleasant stay this hostel. The cleanliness up to the mark and rooms were comfortable. Rooms were adequate sized for my solo stay.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • India

If there's a way the wifi signal can be available on the high floors & not only on the ground floor

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Egypt

Do not stay here alone! Not like a hostel at all. Horrific location.

• 13th Oct 2015

This hostel has always treated me well, i visit new York about 5 times a year and always choose this one. The location is great, next to the 2 and 3 trains. The local restaurants bring you a genuine harlem feel. And the price is right.

It's very nice place to stay. I spent only one night but I felt comfortable there. Next time I would chose it again.

Location was great, just a minute from the subway connecting you to the rest of New York. Rooms are clean, beds are reasonably comfortable. One thing that disappointed me was the long wait at reception, as the building hosts a lot more facilities all served at the same desk. It took me 45 minutes to check in. Apart from that the staff were friendly, security staff were very friendly too. I'd recommend this place.

Thank you.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Jamaica

I enjoyed my stay at the Harlem YMCA because the staff was very friendly and helpful. I always felt safe because of the awesome security.

• 10th Aug 2015

Great hostel . Stay here year after year a week at a time to minister to specific people groups in the city. Great location , half a block to subway , and the staff is very professional . Saw and remembered many staff members from a year ago...

• 10th Aug 2015