Harlem YMCA Reviews

180 West 135th Street, NY 10030, New York, New York, USA

It was a pleasant visit to NYC when staying at Harlem YMCA, it is accessible to subway, which is the comparative advantage to other lodging, and also very CHEAP! it is recommended for you who wants affordable trip to BIG APPLE.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and found it convinient. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

The location is great. I just loved Harlem. It is a beautiful neighborhood! The staff was good, they were really nice to me. I did not like the bathrooms, they were very old and kind of dirty. You should expand the internet connection to the rooms. The voucher for a breakfast was good too!

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and found it convenient. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

A cheap room in a emblematic building in a very quiet area of Harlem, near important jazz clubs, theatres, and beautiful churches where enjoying a good gspel show if you are lucky. Not far from central park, you can reach it after a nice walk. I really recommend it.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and found it convinient. It sounds like you took advantage of what Harlem has to offer, which is awesome. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

Clean something, i dont know, the toilettes or somethign, and if you have different qualities rooms you should have different prices as rooms and bathrooms at seventh floor sucks and at 11th are way better and we paid the same.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced with us. We are in the midst of upgrading all our floors and are keeping equal rates across the board until we have upgraded all aspects, in order to keep our rooms affordable for all. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon.

I had a great stay! The room was worth my inexpensive rate (you get what you pay for). But what brought a smile to my face was the exercise facility! It was five start with a sauna and steam room! I really needed that to end my day. I would stay their again the next time in the city!!

• 8th Nov 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our exercise facility, we hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

Great stay. Nice place and convenient locations close to subway. While a bit far from the tourist areas, it was still convenient enough. Main complain is that there needs to be a way to reduce the noise from the stairway doors. They slam VERY loudly.

• 5th Nov 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

I thoroughly I enjoyed my stay at the Harlem YMCA. The location was great, right on the 2/3 subway line, the staff were very nice and the room was safe and clean. Also, I was able to use the YMCA gym and pool for no extra charge, and they us one free breakfast at a diner across the street. Overall an excellent experience. I would highly recommend it and I well definitely stay there again.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our exercise facility and took advantage of our amenities. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

I stayed in a private room with my gf. The hostel itself is located in Harlem, but there is a redline metro 40m from the hostel which makes accessing the red of manhattan very easy. The area looked a bit sketch at first but we realised it was actually quite safe. The hostel has excellent features, the room was definitely a bit small but was clean and had a fridge so we didn't mind. There was security guards downstairs 24/7 so the security in the place was good. I would recommend this hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed and your gf enjoyed yourselves, we hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

The hostel staff and security staff were very pleasant and helpful. However, the hostel lacked a sense of warmth... the design of the place is very cold, almost prison like atmosphere and no sense of character. Other than that, my time at the hostel was very pleasant and hope the staff keep up the good work!

• 29th Oct 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! we hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

Room cleaning service not that good. Excellente staff attention. Great value and location.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Venezuela

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

The accomodation is located just two minutes from the red line on the subway, so you can reach Manhatan in a very short time. The neigbourhood doesnt look safe at all, so I wouldn´t recommend this place for women travelling alone. The hostel is clean and well secured. Rooms are small but good enough, with a small fridge, and comfortable beds. There is a gym and a swimming pool to be used by all the guest by free. There is also laundry facilities outside the building but on walking distance

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear you got a chance to use the amenities at our hostel and hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

Positive: 1) We arrived one day later than planned because of a flight cancellation, but the hostel didn't charge us for that first night, which I appreciate. 2) Staff were friendly and helpful. 3) The sheets on our bed were clean. Negative: 1) No cooking facilities in the 'kitchen room' except a microwave. 2) Very old and uncomfortable mattresses; really need replacement. 3) There was a problem with the plumbing, which led to some unpleasant situations (toilets that couldn't be flushed etc.).

Absolutely terrible!! It was like a prison with metal doors banging and very clinical. Nothing like the pictures as only a few rooms have been refurbished! The girls bathroom door didn't lock and the boys showers are communal. DON'T stay here its the worst hostel I have ever been in and I have stayed in many around the world. Also quite far away from sights, underground and in a dangerous area. We're meant to stay 5 nights but left after the 1st. Very dirty, smelly rooms and dorms!

• 18th Oct 2013