Harlem YMCA Reviews

180 West 135th Street, NY 10030, New York, USA

Very nice people. That facility itself is as basic as one can imagine. No frills whatsoever. The neighbourhood is not dangerous, just a bit sketchy. However, the subway stop is only a couple hundred feet away with a direct line to Times Square. Very convenient. Breakfast was included at Manny's, a local Deli. A nice surprise.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

The most affordable hostel in town! the area is perfectly safe and you are literally 1 minute from the subway and a 20 minute journey to Times Square or roughly a 25 dollar cab. The hostel is quite large and has a lot of the YMCA facilities for the community so don't just expect to see travellers. The showers were fine, just a surprise on floor 11 that there is just 1 open room with 2 showers and no divide so don't be shy! Room was totally safe and secure but very hot. Beds were clean and comfy.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and found it convenient. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

It was a pleasant visit to NYC when staying at Harlem YMCA, it is accessible to subway, which is the comparative advantage to other lodging, and also very CHEAP! it is recommended for you who wants affordable trip to BIG APPLE.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and found it convinient. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

The location is great. I just loved Harlem. It is a beautiful neighborhood! The staff was good, they were really nice to me. I did not like the bathrooms, they were very old and kind of dirty. You should expand the internet connection to the rooms. The voucher for a breakfast was good too!

good ,fine

• 19th Nov 2013
  • China

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

A cheap room in a emblematic building in a very quiet area of Harlem, near important jazz clubs, theatres, and beautiful churches where enjoying a good gspel show if you are lucky. Not far from central park, you can reach it after a nice walk. I really recommend it.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and found it convinient. It sounds like you took advantage of what Harlem has to offer, which is awesome. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

Clean something, i dont know, the toilettes or somethign, and if you have different qualities rooms you should have different prices as rooms and bathrooms at seventh floor sucks and at 11th are way better and we paid the same.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced with us. We are in the midst of upgrading all our floors and are keeping equal rates across the board until we have upgraded all aspects, in order to keep our rooms affordable for all. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Nice place to stay. The stuff is very friendly. Pool, Saune, Fintess-Center. Near underground-station. Good heated. For this price perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are excited to hear that you had a chance to use our amenities and hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

I had a great stay! The room was worth my inexpensive rate (you get what you pay for). But what brought a smile to my face was the exercise facility! It was five start with a sauna and steam room! I really needed that to end my day. I would stay their again the next time in the city!!

• 8th Nov 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our exercise facility, we hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

Great stay. Nice place and convenient locations close to subway. While a bit far from the tourist areas, it was still convenient enough. Main complain is that there needs to be a way to reduce the noise from the stairway doors. They slam VERY loudly.

• 5th Nov 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

I thoroughly I enjoyed my stay at the Harlem YMCA. The location was great, right on the 2/3 subway line, the staff were very nice and the room was safe and clean. Also, I was able to use the YMCA gym and pool for no extra charge, and they us one free breakfast at a diner across the street. Overall an excellent experience. I would highly recommend it and I well definitely stay there again.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our exercise facility and took advantage of our amenities. We hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

I stayed in a private room with my gf. The hostel itself is located in Harlem, but there is a redline metro 40m from the hostel which makes accessing the red of manhattan very easy. The area looked a bit sketch at first but we realised it was actually quite safe. The hostel has excellent features, the room was definitely a bit small but was clean and had a fridge so we didn't mind. There was security guards downstairs 24/7 so the security in the place was good. I would recommend this hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed and your gf enjoyed yourselves, we hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

The hostel staff and security staff were very pleasant and helpful. However, the hostel lacked a sense of warmth... the design of the place is very cold, almost prison like atmosphere and no sense of character. Other than that, my time at the hostel was very pleasant and hope the staff keep up the good work!

• 29th Oct 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! we hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again soon!

Nos quedamos 7 días en fines de octubre. La gente muy amable. El barrio es seguro. Nos sentimos con mi mujer cómodos y seguros. 0 incidente. El baño de mujeres es el talón de aquiles del hotel. Hay uno por piso y siempre está siendo usado. La limpieza es extrema. Las habitaciones muy pequeñas. Sólo para dormir. Pero nosotros no necesitábamos más que eso. Calefacción estupenda y transporte excelente con el Subte en la esquina nos movimos por todo nyc y demás lugares. Muy recomendable.

Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para revisar nuestro inmueble! ¡Esperamos que usted tendrá la oportunidad de estar de nuevo con nosotros pronto!

A 5 minutos del metro. Personal muy atento. Habitación pequeña pero con armario, espejo y nevera. Habitación limpia con cambio diario de toallas. Seria necesario limpieza mas frecuente de los baños por ser compartidos.

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para revisar nuestro hostel! ¡Esperamos que usted tendrá la oportunidad de estar de nuevo con nosotros pronto!

Lugar sencillo pero recomendable para su precio, en Nueva York el alojamiento es carísimo, 2 paradas de metro cerca que en unos 10 minutos te dejan en el centro, Central Park está a media hora andando. Aunque todavía se ve cierta marginalidad en la zona, no es una zona peligrosa como algunos piensan, se puede andar por la calle sin problemas.

1 2 Next » last »