Harmonia Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, casa 18, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Certainly one of the best hostels I've ever been to. Located just some 10 walking minutes from Praia de Ipanema, this place offers everything for a relaxed stay. It's not a party hostel at all, but if you like a quiet athmosphere with more of a "family" feeling, that's the perfect place. Staff is amazingly friendly and does everything to help guests feel at home, and they have many good sightseeing tips. Cleanliness is above-average, and they offer a yummy breakfast buffet. Highly recommended!

Armin!! thank you so much for the nice words. Without you guys we could never do it! We will see eachother again. Saskia

Great hostel, walking distance to copacabana and ipanema. Staff and atmosphere is great, located in the compound of other hostels. Only problem was that the aircon in the room wasnt working, and the bed frames and mattresses were old.

The staff of this hostel is simply amazing. I was very well greeted by Chris, the owner. Awesome dude! Than the next day I met Soschia (is that correct?), the dutch woman, another great person. The hostel is very well located, close to metro station, neighboor to the Delirium Cafe. The beds are good, rooms are clean, the bathrooms are very clean and the shower is great. Breakfast is good for a hostel. I enjoyed a lot staying here.

Very good location and very helpful staff. I recommend!

We stayed for 6 nights and it was all we needed. There was hot water, a comfy bed, good internet, and a decent breakfast. The location is perfect for a day at the beach or is a short walk away from the metro to see the sights. The staff were extremely helpfully and fully of energy and enthusiasm!

• 20th Aug 2014

stayed in 6 bed mixed dorm. Chris (boss) is a super nice guy, very welcoming and helpful! Saskia and Vanessa are also great people, very nice and helpful! hostel is very sociable, good lockers, good wi-fi, a communal computer (English), decent breakfast - fruit, ham, cheese, bread and eggs, although breakfast could do with being served earlier (8am in my opinion) so people can start their day earlier. Also certain breakfast supplies run short sometimes. Clean

AmazingHostel with exemplary hospitality by Saskia & Chris. (hope i got the spelling correct). Saskia and Chris, your hospitality goes beyond what a 5 star hotel can provide and you guys never once treated what you all were doing as a job but I can tell you enjoy meeting people and are travellers yourself. I was already blown away by the country yet to return to such an environment is priceless. You guys definitely set the benchmark for my future travel accomodations!

Ideally localed hostel in Ipanema. Close to all kind of facilities and bus stations. Great cafés and restaurants around. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would def recommend it.

Good location and safe. People are friendly and very helpful to provide any information I need. I had great stays there.

Very helpful friendly crew at Harmonia. Thx guys

It´s a good hostel in Ipanema. It has a friendly staff (and it´s located in a beutiful building. Although the rooms are a little small, they are clean and the bathrooms are good equipped and have hot water. I definitely recommend it.

I enjoyed the hostel size and the few number of people that it accommodated. It gave me a chance to meet everyone and with the help of the staff made it easy. There was one factor that was truly undesirable that should be mentioned. The room that I stayed in had MANY mosquitos that bit everyone in the room every night. There was no way to control them. Luckily the hostel was not busy and it was possible to relocate to another room. One room had no ventilation whatsoever for a 4 person room.

Good location, friendly staff

• 6th Jul 2014

Was there for world cup. Staff are friendly, great location, nice place to meet people. Only problem was there were so many mosquitoes I had to mummify my body with blankets to prevent being stung at night. I still got 8 bites per night and had to leave 3 days early because of it. The problem is their kitchen is open to the balcony and so mosquitoes can come in unhindered. To make matters worse, they didn't refund me my last 3 days. Bring DEET or don't pay up front.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I think it was in generally secure, but the night doorman who just lets anyone and everyone in, should be portrayed as security. Apart from that everything was pretty good! Room for 4 people was quite small but the hostel is good and I recommend it.

Excellent hostel in great location with very helpful an fun staff. Would definitely recommend staying here. Enjoy!

Cozy little hostel in a great location in Ipanema. A good place to spend a few relaxed days close to the beach and bars of Ipanema. The staff is great!

Met a lot of amazing people here including Saskia and the rest of the staff. Perfect location in Ipanema and located on a small alley with half a dozen or more other hostels. Would definitely choose Harmonia again. Situada en un barrio perfecto, Ipanema. Los empleados son amables y responsables. La mejor opcion.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels