Harmonia Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, casa 18, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Could do with air con in all the bunk rooms as despite the fans provided it was very stuffy at night. Staff were great and a credit to the hostel.

• 16th Apr 2015

My stay here was a memorable one. I just loved the vibe, the people and the staff here. Due to its categorization it tends to attract a certain type of traveler. For me this worked well as I got along well with them quite well :) The staff here are really nice, they go out of their way to ensure you're settled in. The place is super clean and very comfortable. I must admit that I am not a traveler that stays at hostels but after this experience I am definitely going to try a few more.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India

Lovely place, everything was great. Highly recomend it!

Harmonia is in a brilliant location in Ipanema, close to the beach and the metro. There's a great mixture of people from all over the world and Chris and Saskia, who run it, are always so friendly and helpful.

Highly recommendable! Staff is great! The rooms are good. Wifi works in every area. Close to the beach and to the metro. It's a safe place! I'd definitely go there again!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Amazingly friendly and awesome staff! Wonderful breakfast and the strongest wifi I've found in South America so far! Staying here feels like staying at home, it's so comfortable and welcoming. The beds are comfortable and showers are big, plugs and fans for the rooms- I really loved this place. Actually, wound up coming back to Rio and left some friends of mine where they were staying bc i missed this place and wanted to stay again for a couple nights. Try the lunch next door and acai there too!

Thank you so much for your kind words Lauren. It was our pleasure and hopefully we see you again. Kindest Regards Chris

Best choice in Rio, I am sure about that, everything was perfect. The staff was the best.

If you want a home feel experience then you need to come to Harmonia. I had a fun and a wonderful time there where staff are wonderful and the location is excellent. Staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming and always make sure your stay is joyful. I am coming back and stay here longer on my next trip.

• 20th Feb 2015

Well, Harmonia is a great little hostel. Its extremely homey and has all the facilities that every hostel has these days. The location is superb, a block from the main street of Ipanema and Metro station, whilst the beach is an extra 2 blocks away. What makes this an excellent hostel are Chris and Saskia. They are a wealth of information and are a joy to chill out and hang out with.

Simple hostel with great owners, great location, always super clean!

Great hostel just a short walk to the beautiful Ipanema beach. The hostel has a good atmosphere and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is delicious and includes fresh fruit, cheese and eggs. The only downsides were the air conditioning only worked periodically and the hostel decor isn't as fresh and new as other hostels I've stayed in (although it is still clean and comfortable).

Amazing place to stay in Rio! Safe hostel in a great neighborhood! Excellent location and friendly staff! Highly recommend. Will definitely stay back in the same hostel should I visit Rio again :D

Brilliant little place that feels like home as the hostel can only hold a max of 20ish people. Staff are really interested in your daily activities and all speak English, Sweedish and Portuguese. Good breakfast - amazingly equipt kitchen to cook good meals. Clean with warm powerful showers. My only complaint is that there is no lockers in the rooms for big bags. Definitely recommend - we didn't want to leave.

Beatrix and Brandon were phenomenal. The bathroom was one of the best hostel bathrooms I've been in after 6 months of travel throughout North and South America - large, bright, cleaned several times each day, no issues with hot water, etc. The kitchen was a little dodgy but otherwise the entire experience was first-rate.

Excellent place to stay in Rio. Extremely friendly staff, very safe and conveniently located close to Ipanema beach and the metro. Bars, restaurants and shops nearby. Even the dorm beds are reasonably comfortable, and the breakfast is great for a hostel, with lots of fruits. Absolutely loved it - 10/10.

• 4th Dec 2014

The staff at this hostel are great - very friendly and helpful. Its small and kept very clean. Its within a short walking distance of the beautiful Ipanema beach and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Great staff, very eager to help. This hostel is anything but a party hostel and therefore attracts a specific audience. Good and safe location; close to the metro, beach, bars and supermarket.

The hostel only needs better confortable beds.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels