Harmonia Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, casa 18, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We stayed during carnival, Saskia and Chris are so warm and welcoming and full of tips and great advice on getting the best out of our time in Rio. Location is good, close walk to metro and beach. Hostel feels really safe and it was super clean. If we had to say one negative thing it was that the guy that works at night isn't very friendly and we didn't feel welcome downstairs when he was there. Would definitely stay here again if in Rio.

Good and very helpful staff, the owners are lovely! Location is good and in a safe area. Beach three minutes walk away, good bars in perfect walking distance. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Only thing: There's not really a breakfast. Nevertheless the selfmade bread or sweets are delicious and there's coffee and tea in the morning.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It's small, cozy and the staff is amazing! It feels like a home away from home, I really recommend it! It feels clean, it's close to the beach and the area feels safe. Also, the home made banana bread we got for breakfast was awesome.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Can't beat the location! Best in Rio. Loved the size of this place, under 20 people which kept the place feeling very relaxed and chill. Great vibes here. Very cute and comfortable accommodation. Awesome staff! Highly recommended!

Great travellers vibe, great to meet people, excellent for solo travellers! Chis, Saskia and Helene make you feel super welcome and at home. Great tips on how to get to places. Exellent location and very safe! An example of how all hostels should be!

We had a wonderful stay at Harmonia & if we ever go back to Rio we will definitely stay here again! Chris & Saskia were so friendly & welcoming - they made everything easy for us & gave us some excellent tips for things to do. The hostel is perfectly located for the beach & the subway is only 10 minutes walk away so you can easily explore the rest of Rio. We felt very safe and met some great people. Can't recommend this place enough!

• 6th Jan 2016

Fantastic staff, location and small scale laid back atmosphere

Loved Harmomia hostel. Great location in Ipanema and a really friendly atmosphere. Our 3 nights flew by! The staff were top, both Saskia and the Irish lads were great to have around. Would stay here again if returning to Rio.

I enjoyed stay. Very laid back atmosphere with great staff. Good location as well.

Traveled with two good friends – this was our favorite hostel in Brazil. Feels like a home away from home. Chris and Sasky are remarkable hosts – and make Rio even more amazing than it already is. Would love to return, and would recommend it as a must-stay place for anyone.

• 28th Nov 2015

Nothing but positive experience at harmony! The staff are friendly, helpful and accessible! It's right in the heart of ipanema with plenty to do, eat, and drink nearby. I'll be back. It felt like home!

What a lovely Place! Small well run hostel. Made me feel like part of the family. Chris/Saskia were wonderful and super helpful! James/Tom thanks for everything. Great guys! Location is fantastic! I have and will continue to recommend Harmonia.

Chris is awesome! He helped me figure out my travel plans in Brazil and was always very friendly. The rooms are comfortable at night with the A/C and it's easy to get around by bus or metro from this location. Thanks for a good stay!

Thanks for helping me enjoy Rio. You made me feel at home. I look forward to staying at Harmonia during my next try to Rio.

• 13th Nov 2015

i just have one complain about they dont aloud you to pay in credict card thats no reason an is very hard an trouble to cash money in the bank in brasill

• 11th Nov 2015

We enjoyed a chilled 4 nights at Harmonia. The guys running the place, Chris & Saskia, are awesome! Always gave us great advice on activities, travelling & life in general. They've created a real family spirit in this hostel; it always felt nice going back to rest. We met interesting people & made friends we hope to see again. Great location, walking distance to the beach, lagoon, restaurants & bars. Short walk to the metro and buses going everywhere. Don't stay anywhere else in Ipanema!

• 1st Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Perfect location for enjoying Ipanema beach. Cool and friendly staff. Easy to connect with other travellers.

Very friendly and helpful staff!

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Harmonia is the best. Perfect location 3 blocks from Ipanema, near lots of other hostels, good food, and nightlife. Not a party hostel but a very social place. It's especially great for solo travelers. Chris, the owner, is the man. He truly cares about the hostel and its guests, is always around for help and just to hang out, and has created a beautiful product. The strongest possible recommendation for this hostel!

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great location, just a couple of blocks from beach, metro, shops, etc. and the place is very clean and safe too. Chris is a great host, makes you feel right at home and most welcome. He has vast knowledge of the city and surrounds so it's wise to avail of his expertise. There is a great laid back vibe and atmosphere in the place too. Highly recommend.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels