Harmonia Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, casa 18, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I has a really nice time in the hostel. The staff were very nice and they made a really nice atmosphere. Definitely I'll come back.

Staff couldn't have been more helpful in every way! Gave great advice in what to do around Rio, which buses to get. Organised taxi to airport for us. So obliging when it came to staying an extra day. and allow you to use their facilities after checkout if you aren't leaving til later. Only problems were - only three showers/toilets between everyone so it the place is full it can be busy in the morning secondly breakfast isn't until 9 which is a bit late when you want to have an early start.

Very friendly and helpful staff!! Thank you very much.

Great friendly staff, awesome location. Very relaxed place

• 18th Oct 2013

We absolutely loved this hostel. Chris (the guy who runs the hostel) is a really genuine nice guy as are all the staff. Chris helped us book things, gave really good advice about safety and places to go and see in Brazil. He makes this hostel completely worth visiting. The social aspect of it was really good too, the people staying there were lovely and we made a lot of really good friends. They have lockers and it's staffed 24/7. This felt like our home! Highly recommended. Lewis

Great location, great staff and very clean. Stayed here more than once and I highly recommend it for a stay in Rio.

I can't say enough nice things about harmonia. The staff was so helpful and accommodating providing excellent info on the area, sites, tours and transit. The hostel is ideally located just a few blocks to the beach and 1 block to shopping and buses. This was my first time to South America and I don't speak Portuguese but I quickly quickly fell in love with rio. I highly recommend the city tour arranged by Harmonia. I hope to make it back!

One of the best Hostel I've never been...! The location is perfect, and the staff is very friendly and helpful ! I recommend to spend here your days in Rio!

I can't say enough great things about this place. Perfect location, just two blocks from beautiful Ipanema beach, and the staff were above and beyond helpful. Would highly recommend!

• 8th Aug 2013

We had a great reception on arriving at Harmonia and found the hostel to be really nice, especially the breakfasts!

Loved Harmonia! By far the best hostel I've stayed at in Rio. It's small and quaint. The staff is wildly knowledgeable and the rooms are spacious and clean.

I Recommend this hostel, chilled place with great staff

Friendly and helpful hostel. Great location.

My friend and I loved this hostel! The staff was amazing and very helpful, everything was very clean, especially the bathrooms, full kitchen you can use any time, nice breakfast in the mornings, relaxing and comfortable social area, great location and walking distance to everything, especially the beach!

For me one of the most important things when I stay in any place is the bathroom, it has to be clean, I don't mind if it's big or small, all I care is that the shower is clean, that there's always toilet paper and a mirror. In this case I must say the bathrooms were impecable, they just have been remodeled and you feel very comfortable taking a shower, with no worries that some weird animal will climb up your foot. Breakfast was very good, Saskia and Christian super helpful! Obrigada :D

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Costa Rica

great hostel, friendly staff, clean, quiet, perfect location. 100% recommended

Loved Harmonia! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the breakfast was great, and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. There is also a large, spacious common area where most of the guests hang out. I arrived in Rio as a solo traveler and made friends and activity buddies almost as soon as I arrive. It's also three blocks from the beach in gorgeous Ipanema - definitely staying there again when I head back to Rio!!

• 11th Jun 2013

Great stay! I can tell the owners take pride in the Hostel and their work. The staff was very friendly and very helpful!

first hot shower i had in a while, so facilities are great, but it´s seriously annoying that you can´t keep food in the fridge!! it doesn´t have a good place to hang out and socialize. but we still had a good time and met nice people. most of the staff are also very nice and helpful.

Great Hostel! If you are looking for a safe, fun and great environment the hostel is for you. Saskia is the best and will answer any question or help you with problems while traveling.

• 28th May 2013