Harmonia Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, casa 18, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

small hostel about 7 min from epanema beach.the staff is great and so is the breakfast and you can be sure you'll have a great time there and meet people you want to hang around with!!

• 3rd Dec 2013

We have stayed at four different hostels in Brazil, from the 5 star hostel in Petropolis to the lower star hostel in a Favela, all have been enjoyable, Harmonia offer a better than average experience, no laundry was the only disappointment. Had a great night out in Lappa with Nora and most of the other guests.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Nice staff. Great location. A little pricey but a very nice place to stay. recommend

Very good hostel overall. You can't beat the location. Facilities are somewhat limited (compared to other hostels worldwide), but they make the best of them.

Fantastic hostel, friendliest staff around and the most delicious breakfast in Rio.

I´ve stayed in a lot of hostels in Rio (mainly Ipanema and Leblon) but I´ve never felt so sad after leaving a hostel like this time. It is a small place which makes it easier to get to know other travelers. Staff is so polite and welcoming! I'm finally happy to realize that I found my home in Rio! Até breve, amigos!

I has a really nice time in the hostel. The staff were very nice and they made a really nice atmosphere. Definitely I'll come back.

Staff couldn't have been more helpful in every way! Gave great advice in what to do around Rio, which buses to get. Organised taxi to airport for us. So obliging when it came to staying an extra day. and allow you to use their facilities after checkout if you aren't leaving til later. Only problems were - only three showers/toilets between everyone so it the place is full it can be busy in the morning secondly breakfast isn't until 9 which is a bit late when you want to have an early start.

Very friendly and helpful staff!! Thank you very much.

Great friendly staff, awesome location. Very relaxed place

• 18th Oct 2013

We absolutely loved this hostel. Chris (the guy who runs the hostel) is a really genuine nice guy as are all the staff. Chris helped us book things, gave really good advice about safety and places to go and see in Brazil. He makes this hostel completely worth visiting. The social aspect of it was really good too, the people staying there were lovely and we made a lot of really good friends. They have lockers and it's staffed 24/7. This felt like our home! Highly recommended. Lewis

Great location, great staff and very clean. Stayed here more than once and I highly recommend it for a stay in Rio.

I can't say enough nice things about harmonia. The staff was so helpful and accommodating providing excellent info on the area, sites, tours and transit. The hostel is ideally located just a few blocks to the beach and 1 block to shopping and buses. This was my first time to South America and I don't speak Portuguese but I quickly quickly fell in love with rio. I highly recommend the city tour arranged by Harmonia. I hope to make it back!

One of the best Hostel I've never been...! The location is perfect, and the staff is very friendly and helpful ! I recommend to spend here your days in Rio!

I can't say enough great things about this place. Perfect location, just two blocks from beautiful Ipanema beach, and the staff were above and beyond helpful. Would highly recommend!

• 8th Aug 2013

We had a great reception on arriving at Harmonia and found the hostel to be really nice, especially the breakfasts!

Loved Harmonia! By far the best hostel I've stayed at in Rio. It's small and quaint. The staff is wildly knowledgeable and the rooms are spacious and clean.

I Recommend this hostel, chilled place with great staff

Friendly and helpful hostel. Great location.

My friend and I loved this hostel! The staff was amazing and very helpful, everything was very clean, especially the bathrooms, full kitchen you can use any time, nice breakfast in the mornings, relaxing and comfortable social area, great location and walking distance to everything, especially the beach!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels