Harmonia Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, casa 18, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Met a lot of amazing people here including Saskia and the rest of the staff. Perfect location in Ipanema and located on a small alley with half a dozen or more other hostels. Would definitely choose Harmonia again. Situada en un barrio perfecto, Ipanema. Los empleados son amables y responsables. La mejor opcion.

Prime location, friendly and helpful staff combined with peace of mind from great security makes this place home away from home. The 6 bed room even when full never felt too crowded (hostel wise) and breakfast served was always decent. It is located RIGHT next to 3-4 other hostels so there are tons of people to meet and socialize with at any given time - even in the off season! The staff also speak a variety of languages so you're sure to get the help you need. 10/10 overall experience!

• 10th Apr 2014

A fantastic little hostel. Had a very warm welcome from Saskia, who showed me round. Staff are super friendly. I found the hostel clean, quirky and there was good air con. Really chilled out vibe. Great location!!! Only downside is that it is quite small (I think 16 beds?) which means meeting new people in the hostel is limited. But I really enjoyed my stay and met some great people. Highly recommend this hostel.

Great hostel, very friendly staff and found all other guests very friendly also. Facilities are all good, breakfast was good etc. Highly recommend this hostel.

Everything was perfect. WC, bathrooms and kitchen cleaned every morning. The staff is very friendly and helpful, I felt like with my best friends.

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Bulgaria

my first stay in Brazil and in Rio. Very helpful staff and I never felt unsafety at night in this neighbourhood. Well organised and everything clean. Nice breakfast.

small hostel about 7 min from epanema beach.the staff is great and so is the breakfast and you can be sure you'll have a great time there and meet people you want to hang around with!!

• 3rd Dec 2013

We have stayed at four different hostels in Brazil, from the 5 star hostel in Petropolis to the lower star hostel in a Favela, all have been enjoyable, Harmonia offer a better than average experience, no laundry was the only disappointment. Had a great night out in Lappa with Nora and most of the other guests.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Nice staff. Great location. A little pricey but a very nice place to stay. recommend

Very good hostel overall. You can't beat the location. Facilities are somewhat limited (compared to other hostels worldwide), but they make the best of them.

Fantastic hostel, friendliest staff around and the most delicious breakfast in Rio.

I´ve stayed in a lot of hostels in Rio (mainly Ipanema and Leblon) but I´ve never felt so sad after leaving a hostel like this time. It is a small place which makes it easier to get to know other travelers. Staff is so polite and welcoming! I'm finally happy to realize that I found my home in Rio! Até breve, amigos!

I has a really nice time in the hostel. The staff were very nice and they made a really nice atmosphere. Definitely I'll come back.

Staff couldn't have been more helpful in every way! Gave great advice in what to do around Rio, which buses to get. Organised taxi to airport for us. So obliging when it came to staying an extra day. and allow you to use their facilities after checkout if you aren't leaving til later. Only problems were - only three showers/toilets between everyone so it the place is full it can be busy in the morning secondly breakfast isn't until 9 which is a bit late when you want to have an early start.

Very friendly and helpful staff!! Thank you very much.

Great friendly staff, awesome location. Very relaxed place

• 18th Oct 2013

We absolutely loved this hostel. Chris (the guy who runs the hostel) is a really genuine nice guy as are all the staff. Chris helped us book things, gave really good advice about safety and places to go and see in Brazil. He makes this hostel completely worth visiting. The social aspect of it was really good too, the people staying there were lovely and we made a lot of really good friends. They have lockers and it's staffed 24/7. This felt like our home! Highly recommended. Lewis

Great location, great staff and very clean. Stayed here more than once and I highly recommend it for a stay in Rio.

I can't say enough nice things about harmonia. The staff was so helpful and accommodating providing excellent info on the area, sites, tours and transit. The hostel is ideally located just a few blocks to the beach and 1 block to shopping and buses. This was my first time to South America and I don't speak Portuguese but I quickly quickly fell in love with rio. I highly recommend the city tour arranged by Harmonia. I hope to make it back!

One of the best Hostel I've never been...! The location is perfect, and the staff is very friendly and helpful ! I recommend to spend here your days in Rio!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels