Harmonia Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre 175, casa 18, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great hostel. Maybe a little quiet but it is low season. Awesome breakfast of fresh fruit and ham and cheese rolls. It is also kept spotless and super clean. Security is great with a night watchman and someone on reception all the time. The staff and owner are amazing. Really great place to stay in Rio.

This pousada is one of the best place to stay in Ipanema, moreover the owner Christian is really helpfull for anything in Rio he gives the time needed to arrange you what you want. The entire staff is so friendly, really cool, anyway Harmonia makes you feel home. Nothing to say about the breakfast, here is all the energy you need for a day in Rio 😊 I really recommand this pousada for friends, people travelling If i could have grade more than "excellent" i would have to it!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Supurb location, lovely staff (with excellent knowledge of the city) and great brazilian breakfest to start your day. Support the little guy and book your stay here. Call them to get the best spot.

Had an amazing stay at Harmonia. It was my first time in Ipanema and right away, they made me feel safe and at home. Chris has a wealth of information about the area, the country, what to do, and how to make the most of your stay. The beach is a quick walk and there are so many great food options. Most of all - the vibe at Harmonia is excellent. Great staff, happy and friendly guest. I have only good things to report about my stay.

• 29th May 2015

Thanks for the kind words Amanda!! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Kind Regards Chris

Really really enjoyed our stay at Harmonia! Will definitely head back there when we next go to Rio. The staff helped us fall absolutely in love with the city! 5 days really wasn't enough.

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

Hostel had a very cosy feel. The beds were some of the most solid, non wobbly beds i've slept in at a hostel! Very safe and in a great location. Also the breakfast was amazing.

+best staff I have ever met (incl. the owner) +very good breakfast buffet -mosqitos in room -shower goes very hot and very cold all the time

Hey Petri! The showers have been fixed, it was a problem with a pressure tank. Now they are fully functional again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Love this hostel! Great location - close to the beach and your choice of supermarkets, restaurants, bars, etc. Great space and very clean. Best of all is the vibe. A few drawbacks: cash only, which is more common in Brazil than in other countries, but it's a bit frustrating since it's one of the more expensive hostels. Also, the showers are a bit wonky. Hot water for 30 seconds, then cold, then hot, etc. Would definitely recommend, though. By far one of the best hostels in Brazil!

It was by far the best hostel i've ever been. It's very close to the beach. The staff is amaizing. Thanks Andrea, Yai, Ari and Cris. You contributed to make my trip the best experience of my life.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Colombia

Great location, very friendly staff, very good facilities and a chance to meet travelers from all over the world.

Very friendly staff, very helpful. Nice communal space, relaxed atmosphere and a cool crowd.

Could do with air con in all the bunk rooms as despite the fans provided it was very stuffy at night. Staff were great and a credit to the hostel.

• 16th Apr 2015

My stay here was a memorable one. I just loved the vibe, the people and the staff here. Due to its categorization it tends to attract a certain type of traveler. For me this worked well as I got along well with them quite well :) The staff here are really nice, they go out of their way to ensure you're settled in. The place is super clean and very comfortable. I must admit that I am not a traveler that stays at hostels but after this experience I am definitely going to try a few more.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India

Lovely place, everything was great. Highly recomend it!

Harmonia is in a brilliant location in Ipanema, close to the beach and the metro. There's a great mixture of people from all over the world and Chris and Saskia, who run it, are always so friendly and helpful.

Highly recommendable! Staff is great! The rooms are good. Wifi works in every area. Close to the beach and to the metro. It's a safe place! I'd definitely go there again!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Amazingly friendly and awesome staff! Wonderful breakfast and the strongest wifi I've found in South America so far! Staying here feels like staying at home, it's so comfortable and welcoming. The beds are comfortable and showers are big, plugs and fans for the rooms- I really loved this place. Actually, wound up coming back to Rio and left some friends of mine where they were staying bc i missed this place and wanted to stay again for a couple nights. Try the lunch next door and acai there too!

Thank you so much for your kind words Lauren. It was our pleasure and hopefully we see you again. Kindest Regards Chris

Best choice in Rio, I am sure about that, everything was perfect. The staff was the best.

If you want a home feel experience then you need to come to Harmonia. I had a fun and a wonderful time there where staff are wonderful and the location is excellent. Staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming and always make sure your stay is joyful. I am coming back and stay here longer on my next trip.

• 20th Feb 2015

Well, Harmonia is a great little hostel. Its extremely homey and has all the facilities that every hostel has these days. The location is superb, a block from the main street of Ipanema and Metro station, whilst the beach is an extra 2 blocks away. What makes this an excellent hostel are Chris and Saskia. They are a wealth of information and are a joy to chill out and hang out with.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7