Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

Need better connectivity to wifi. More snacks on sales required.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • India

It was a pretty good stay, though rather expensive. Pretty clean too though the everything looked like it needed a deep clean

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we're very glad that you enjoyed your time here, we will take your comments on board and we look forward to welcoming you back to hatters hostel soon.

Really nice breakfast!!

Staff were great. Facilities great. Free ear plugs - amazing :)

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we're very glad that you enjoyed your time here so much and we look forward to welcoming you back to hatters hostel soon.

Very clean with comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

I liked my stay at Hatters very much. It was clean, the rooms were spacious enough and the fact that every room was ensuite was wonderful. I would've liked security lockers because I was there for work and brought several valuebles, plus the internet acces was out most of my stay, but overall I had a great time in Birmingham and I would recommend Hatters to others.

• 31st Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Hatters Youth Hostel. The members of staff were very friendly and helpful. Both rooms in which I stayed were clean and the breakfast was very nice as well.

• 21st Mar 2014

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback, we're very glad that you enjoyed your time here so much and we look forward to welcoming you back to hatters hostel soon.

only 1 female shower and toilet available for the whole time because a light was out and it was pitch black in the other ones. water was cold. breakast time was really busy so there were no dishes, cutlery or hot water. had to queue at sink for dishes.

• 13th Mar 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback, your comments are very important to us and it will help us to improve our service, we look forward to seeing you here at hatters hostel soon

Great hostel, has everything you need. private cosy corners and also social spaces for meeting others. Help full staff. Clean.

• 10th Mar 2014

First time stays, Forever adores.

We are happy to hear you dad a pleasant stay, we look forward to seeing you here at hatters soon

Staff very friendly on arrival. Very noisy on first night, was eventually dealt with my staff. Woken in the middle of the night on second night by drunk kids hammering on our door thinking it was someone elses room. Breakfast ok, lovely views from dining room, though no sign of the croissants we had been promised. Room nice though felt a little grubby - scuff marks on walls and mould in shower.

• 21st Feb 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback, your comments are very important to us and it will help us to improve our services, We look forward to seeing you here at hatters hostel soon

The Room Door´s closed not so good. You wake the others in the Morning when you closed the Door really.

• 31st Jan 2014

Thank you for your review, and we do hope that apart from the tricky room door, your overall stay was lovely and enjoyable:) Feel free to express your concerns while you are staying here or upon your departure, that is much appreciated, because this way we can deal with any issues to ensure more happy guests in the future!

My bed wasn't very comfortable, but the kitchen was well stocked, and breakfast was good too. The guy who checked me in at night was incredibly friendly, and that was great.

Big thanks for reviewing your stay, and yay for you loving our free breakkie, and our amiable and professional staff! If you happen to be around Birmingham again, why not book one of our private en-suites for more comfortable beds. Especially if you are travelling with a friend, this will only be a slight price difference than staying in a dormitory :)

It's not your fault but sleeping in m 12 beds dorm has its problems. I got up around 3am to go to the station as it was quieter than the raucous snoring in the room. The late night Mac Donalds was more peaceful.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay here with us. Sorry to hear about the snorer in your room. If this happens our reception staff will be happy to provide you some ear-plugs or change you to a different room if available. Other than that we do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in future!

everything was clean and tidy, walking distance to most places. felt very safe.

• 25th Jan 2014

We are happy to hear that you had a lovely stay here with us. Enjoy your future travels and visit us again!

Cool hostel- probably the best out of the Hatters. Really cool, friendly staff who will take you out and I met some cool people :) this hostel has everything you'd need and I'd recommend it to anyone else.

Thanks for reviewing us:) It is great to hear that you were impressed with us, and that you enjoyed your stay so much! It was a real pleasure having you here, and we hope to see you again very soon.

I had a great time at hatters! Being such a big hostel the atmosphere was a bit hit or miss in the common areas but I managed to meet some awesome people and have an amazing time. Aside from that the kitchen was well set up and the bathrooms were clean. Free pub crawl on Fridays definitely worth checking out!

Very good hostel, the only bad things is the location because the street is a little strange, but I was assured it was safe. Other than that everything was great, really nice staff and guests, the room was spacious and the bathroom really big! They provide soap and shampoo. We went out for trivia night at a nearby pub and it was great, everyday they have some entertainment! They commom room and kitchen are new and very nice as well! Great hostel!

Wonderful to hear that you had a comfortable and fun stay with us! Being located in the Jewellery Quarter has many advantages, a big bunch of Birmingham's best bars and restaurants are just a couple of minutes walk from us, and it is a very charming and one of the best and safest areas in the city too.

New layout leaves new guests feel unwelcome in social areas, cost of the room would have been great if I didnt have to pay for an extra bed because there were 5 of us in a 6 room. One of my friends could not make it so only 4 stayed in a 6 room which was apparently non downgradable ( as a hostel which was empty at the time I believe this was out of character). carpets were filthy shower faulty, heater off the wall, the list goes on. The staff as always however were excellent and mannered

• 10th Jan 2014

Except for only cold water in the shower, an excellent and priceworthy stay. Will do again :)

We are thrilled to hear that you loved it here so much. Apologies for any issues with the shower in your room. However, our staff is there to take care of any issues 24 hours, all you need to do is let us know :) We look forward to your next visit!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4