Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

The free breakfast is gorgeous and the common room is just like your living room!

The only note I would take it air ventilation!! I staid at the ground floor room 107 to be exact and the whole passage and the room have a very bad ventilation!! Beside that the staff are super friendly. Thank you.

It's fairly easy to find and the reception/common room area is nice. The breakfast was good as well. Nevertheless, the room I was staying in was dirty and smelly.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Lovely clean hostel with friendly staff right in the heart of the Jewellery Quarter. Highly recommend it. Easy walk from there into town.

Ok they were in the middle of renovations but responded to requests promptly.. Right away. Helpful front desk. One of the women tho was less professional. She was more tactiturn, less at ease, (did she really need customers?) and I saw and heard her complaining loudly about another staff member to him at reception. And kept repeating it when he suggested they talk at another time. Save it for a staff meeting please. Loved the new kitchen and dining. Had lovely times there.

I was in a mixed room which was fine but thought it was odd to have 2 showers and 1 toilet in the bathroom. The only thing separating the showers from the toilet was a curtain. Being in a mixed room I didn't feel safe taking a shower. I was lucky that there were only 4 people in the room during my stay and the others never came back until late

Staff were friendly on arrival, ensuite to the dorm was tidy. Building was quite large. Very easy to get lost in this city. There's construction about everywhere so be weary about the directions given and where you are walking! Especially if you are arriving from the New Street station, place is a mess at the moment.

there was a lot of construction going on while I stayed so maybe after construction things will look better. I did sick and got a horrible headache from the painting and other construction fumes. Also, the area this hostel is located in is not very safe or pleasant. A white van got broken into (parked right in front of the hostel) while I was there so I will look for a different hostel next time.

Great staff, and very good hostel atmosphere! Very good weekdays specialities, I came there on Friday night and had a great pub crawl with staff and other backpackers! Would link to return soon!

Good location, good service from staff.

Hostel is well located, not too far away from city centre and railway station. Slept in a dorm. Beds comfortable enough. I like that they have plug sockets & light for every bed. Not much room for backpack. Toilet ensuite (nice) but couldn't be locked, but hey it's a hostel! :) Common area nice, breakfast included (toast,cereals). Staff seemed a bit stressed. Would be nice if they smiled more and if they were friendlier and more welcoming. A good stay after all.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Great building, quick walk or tram into town. Absolutely lovely warm friendly welcome,will def be back.

• 29th Jul 2015

Shower was cold and the water came out for like 1 sec. Bed was epic and the curtain across the beds made it nice and dark. Everything is nice in this hostel but just not great. I'd probably stay here again. Dorm stank of something bad though.

Expensive considering the location (15mins out of the centre), poor mattresses and no security around the luggage room which was a bit concerning... If I was staying in Birmingham I'd look to stay somewhere more central.

The counter staff were great but the cleaners were very lazy and skipped our dorm. Bathroom was very dirty to the point we didn't use it and the bins were overflowing. We asked reception to clean it but they didn't. Atmosphere in the common room is great and overall its a really good hostel, newly renovated and has nice decor etc.

I enjoyed the hostel, had a great atmosphere. Laundry was easy to do, and thry helped me out when I had to scan some documents. The shower in the ensure left a lot of water on the floor, and we kept running out of toilet paper. Once I asked for a mopping and toilet paper, the staff took care of it right away. Luckily I was in the first floor, hauling the bag up all the stairs would have been horrendous. Thanks!

Great double room with bath! Nice and clean and had bottled water and a biscuit at the side of bed. Nice staff and fee breakfast all for 37 pounds for me and my partner-bargain. The only thing was the constant beeping of alarm as they were doing building work and it was supposed to stop guests from going downstairs into building work area-I think a sign would be sufficient as it was most annoying! However a staff member graciously gave us some free ear plugs when we mentioned it. Good place.

I stayed in the dorms, and for £12 I can have no complaints at all! If you pay next to nothing then you can't expect an amazing stay.. But being honest, I did have an amazing stay! Pros; free wifi throughout worked great, TV lounge was relaxed and friendly, kitchen was large enough for around 15 guests to help cook for each other while I was there, I didn't have a padlock for the lockers, so left items unlocked and nobody touched them for 2 days! Cons; below average showers! That's all! Enjoy!

• 27th Jul 2015

This is 3rd time at Hatters and always enjoyed it.This time better than ever with new extension and dorms.

I stayed in the "sleeper" downstair, i can clearly hear people on top during the whole night

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4