Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

Staff were very helpful, especially when all 4 beds seemed to have been used as there was another person taking a chance of staying a day longer without advising Hatters staff.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

need bigger lockers the hostel is massive almost size of wembley stadium but the lockers are only big enough for a sandwich the location is teriffic the lounge is very good kitchen too small beds for sleep are great they have over 200 beds i suggest cut the number of beds and gets some bigger lockers put in other than that its fine good breakfast by the wayv

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. We will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

I would like to say that I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are good, the beds are comfy and the shower facilities are very good. also other facilities that I didn't use such as lounge and internet rooms looked good. Hostel is one train stn away from the city centre and still within good walking distance. The only thing I shall say is that there isn't any security lockers so keep your bags locked up and safe. Other than that this is a to hostel

Staff were lazy and cared more about going for a fag than answering questions or being helpful. Went for breakfast at 10 (website and sign said its served until 11) and it was being cleared away! Good location though, and clean rooms.

The hostel has a big room in the cellar which smelled very mouldy and it was dump (I think it was the biggest room they had). Luckily, it was possible to change the room. But that room still was a bit mouldy and it didn't have any window to open. The bed was clean and the bathroom was ok too. But I would not recommend to stay at that hostel.

Washrooms were a little dirty in the sleeper, but there were many people using them. The location was a little far from the city centre, but was still close to food and pubs. The staff were helpful but busy, and did not offer to book any trips for us even though that was advertised. The front door was usually open so security wasn't 100%, but there were key cards to get into the rooms which were good. The free breakfast and pub crawl were great.

• 30th Jan 2015

This is a great hostel, you can walk to the main spots of the city and it has a great atmosphere. They offer a good breakfast and the facilities are also very good and clean. I have nothing to complain, congratulations for the service. I had a great time.

Even the "24 person" bedroom has little 4-person pods, which makes you feel like the room is much smaller. a great deal. Lots of students living there permanently.

top hostel - great stay

I guess it wouldn't be so hard to provide wi-fi in the bedrooms. That would be a great upgrade to the hostel.

Seemed like a very cool building and was nice that the beds were enclosed with own reading light and curtain

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Another reason to get back to 'Brumie', Great bars, people, museums and people again:)

We stayed there only one night but definitely we would stay more. Nice place, personal very helpful and polite. The room was fantastic and perfectly clean. I strongly recommend it.

• 5th Jan 2015

So its a pretty quiet place so its really good if you want to get some sleep. Theres a green emergancy light in every bedroom so that might be a bother, it Didnt really matter to me. I thought it would be worse from the comments but i had a good night. Breakfast is quite good and TV room is pretty comfortable. Overall it was a pleasant stay with no Bad sides.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Very central hostel, all amanties u need are provided, even the Xbox if u fancy in playing it :) warm staff and useful in giving information!! I will return for sure!

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very clean, private yet communal (dorm room was divided into 4-bed 'pods'). Very good free breakfast as well. Only downside - bathrooms operate on energy saving lights that turn off after a few minutes of being in the shower. Wouldn't be a problem if you showered during the day or if the hot water took less time to come through.

This hostel was ok. Not in a great area, but it's only a short walk to several attractions and the main station. Lon breakfast hours were nice. Wifi only worked in common areas. No lockers bi enough for luggage in the rooms. Luggage room left open and unattended the whole time I was there. If I returned to Birmingham, it wouldn't be my first choice to stay here again

it was nice and affordable, but the heater!

can't access internet in the room really far from the city but clean and quiet to relax.

I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm with 2 more friends. The rooms are very good, warm and big and bathroom was clean. The only problem was there were no wardrobes to keep clothes or luggage. The staff was good and morning breakfast was served early 6am to 10am. That was good, as we need to move early morning to London.

« first « Prev 1 2 3