7.8
Very Good 1,952 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 1,952 Total Reviews
Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Located at 92/95 Livery Street, , Birmingham.
England
Birmingham B3 1RJ 92/95 Livery Street
78% 1952
52.4862299 -1.9041967
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
25th May 2016

I like that each bed has its own curtain, power plugs and light. The lockers are reasonably small but big enough to put a small backpack in. There is not a lot of space in the 4 bed dorms if everyone has big bulky bags. The beds are comfortable and everything was clean.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2016

Absolutely loved this place! Staff were really friendly and helpful, breakfast was just cereals and toast but they had tea, coffee and juice supplied all the time which was awesome!! I highly recommend Hatters it was such a good stay especially for the price!

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
16th May 2016
5.7

This could be a great hostel but they just don't clean it. The bathrooms really are disgusting. I certainly wouldn't stay here again and I recommend that you look elsewhere first.

15th May 2016

Only stopped one night and didn't spend much time in the hostel but it seemed clean and well run. The kitchen facilities looked excellent and the breakfast seemed good.

Hi, thanks for your great comments glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

• Philippines, Female, 31-40
13th May 2016

This is the best backpacker place I've ever been in UK, clean, QUIET, spacious and most specially we feel safe. I also like their shower it's very powerful, definitely will wake you up and give you a little massage on your back.. 👌👌👌 I would definitely recommend this place!

Absolutely loved to see you enjoyed it so much - don't be a stranger and come back on your travels soon!

• England, Female, 31-40
9th May 2016
4.0

I had to leave after 1 night, i had to drag my matress into the bathrm at night due to noise. I was not shown where things were. Staff attitudes were dismissive. I was told they would look into getting me a refund for the second night. Hatters - whats happening about my refund? Am i being ignored/dismissed yet again???

Thank you for the comments. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We accepted your complaint on the evening of your arrival that you were sure where certain areas were i.e. the breakfast area / tea and coffee faculties were from your room after your check-in. I hope you found it helpful when our receptionist personally went with you to show you these areas and where the faculties were from your room. We also had taken on your concern about the noise of the small group that caused some noise as they left the building for the night as we had our receptionist speak with them to keep the noise down and regularly patrolled the corridor by you room to ensure noise was kept to a minimum. If you would like to discuss anything with me further so no hesitate to contact me at Birmingham@hattersgroup.com. I will contact you directly regarding the refund. All the best!

• Romania, Male, 25-30
9th May 2016
5.4

Although the hostel is placed in the City Centre, it lacks a proper security. Anyone can move around in it without beeing asked what and were. In the rooms, there is no seif or locker to put your stuff, you have to trust the room mates and keep the valuables with you all the time. Breakfast is very weak and you have to wash your own dishes. The place wasn't very clean and the shower had cold water. Never going there again.

8th May 2016
6.6

Hatter's has nice common areas and a good breakfast. I didn't find the staff overly friendly, but not rude either. The dorm I stayed in was very warm during the day as the windows didn't open. The hostel isn't super close to the center of things but the walk isn't bad at all.

• England, Female, 25-30
5th May 2016
7.7

Stylish and friendly place - special and quirky, helpful staff. Glad I chose it. If you want to actually get some sleep at night it's worth paying the extra for a smaller dorm rather than staying in the very noises 24 capacity dorm.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Apr 2016

I Had a really enjoyable stay at Hatters. As I am new to hostelling I wasn't sure what to expect. The atmosphere was really friendly - I made new friends in the reception as my room mates were asleep. I only stayed for one night however I know that if I had stayed longer there would have been lots to do - cinema nights, free walking tours and bar crawls - something for everyone. The receptionist was French and appreciated my rusty attempt of communicating with her, and did it all with a smile.