Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham

7.4
Very Good 2241 Total Reviews

17th Jun 2017
6.3

positive: good location, very good breakfast (ham, cheese, cereal, coffee, etc.) negative or areas of improvement: the lockers have that weird lock which I couldn't make my lock work, if you talk in the room, every room can hear it, music is always on at kitchen, at front desk, kitchen was really unclean- tables in kitchen area were always dirty even at breakfast time. Summary: C average hostel, but the city really isn't the greatest for tourists.

• Indonesia, Male, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

It's excellent except for other guests.

12th Jun 2017
6.9

Time and time again, facilities and security seem to always be a hostel's biggest set back. There isn't a single locker in any of the rooms, and they even failed to supply the bathrooms with toilet paper. Other than that, everything was fine, but I tell ya, no toilet paper in a bathroom can be a serious bummer.

• mark73bigboy8180
  • England, Male, 41+
8th Jun 2017

Whatever could go wrong did this time. Firstly the key card for the door didn't work,then there wasn't a duvet on my allocated bed-which had to be sourced from another bed-and to add insult to injury I had to climb up the SIDE of the bunk bed as opposed to stairs. These things happen to everyone I guess....

• England, Male, 41+
2nd Jun 2017
6.3

I enjoyed my stay, it was a new experience for me I never spent a night in dormitory before, I like it. The only problem is that I thought that the bathroom was left a little bit dirty or without taking care of, when from 4 to 20 people are using the same bathroom you need more care and attention to it. But the next day I find the bathroom at the same state. It's a shame.

• Australia, Male, 41+
30th May 2017
8.0

A decent backpacker in a decent location. Having secure storage for backpacks would be nice, and a mattress witha little more foam! Otherwise good.

28th May 2017

In a good location. I had a good experience staying at the hostel and would consider it one of the better ones. It was quiet as it was a Sunday night and I wasn't really after a party. The check-in was easy and fast and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The guy on the night shift was so helpful that he swapped my booked top bunk for the bottom bed when I asked. I would say take your own pad lock for the lockers in the room as there were non and needed to lock away mt passport etc.

• Ireland, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
26th May 2017

Good hostel stay there again

• jrunnalls19
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
25th May 2017
2.0

It's a joke of a place but not a bad price I guess.

25th May 2017

Very good facilities and excellent value for money. The staff are also very good as well and they give very friendly and polite service, making the guest feel at home as soon as they arrive at the hostel. The location is slightly away from Birmingham City Centre, but the transport links including buses and trams are very good though. The dormitories could be doing with more ventilation though, as they can get a bit stuffy at night. The pod style beds with sockets and lights are very good as well

Hi John, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are pleased to know that, in a overall perspective, you enjoyed your experience here in our hostel. Hope to see you again! Best regards, Hatters Hostel Team.