Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

I was only at the hostel very briefly (one night), but I slept so well I missed my alarm and was almost late for my Congress! The curtains in my room didn't serve for much once the sun was out, but since I sleep with eye-shades and ear-plugs, I was fine. I'm afraid I didn't even get to see the breakfast (as I was late for my appointment), but I really liked my room (double private - ensuite) and thought it was really good value for money! =)

• 26th Jun 2015

Nice place, however needs to be run by professional people. Very dirty. 12 dorm room was much bigger than 12 not much room. Felt like a prison. Only one toilet. Kitchen very small.

• 19th Jun 2015

Unfriendly staff. I will never ever stay with this hostel again !

Major renovations

• 8th Jun 2015

It was good but got over charged 39 pounds whenI booked and payed deposit I only had 30.80 to pay.

The staff members were very nice and always ready to help and give some directions.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Really well thought out common areas, in particular the kitchen and lounge. Found it a bit difficult to navigate the confusing stairwells and corridors though.

Such a cool and funky hostel! Rooms were clean and creatively decorated. Bathrooms were hotel quality, clean and even had cool chairs with hairdryers. Guy at the desk overnight was so helpful in trying to help me find my phone that I left in a cab. Breakfast great but good enough. Overall good stay except maybe not the greatest location, but that's Birmingham!

It wasn't a great hostel to meet a lot of people. The facilities were clean with a bathroom in each room, but I went from a 6-bed to a 4-bed room and the 4-bed had no way to lock up your belongings.

Very clean, well located (in front of a subway station), great kitchen, TV room, reading spots, clean bathrooms. In addition, an amazing stylish building in SOHO style and great views. Deeply recommended.

Not what I expected, but it was so much better. I wish I had got to stay more than one night, if I'm passing through Birmingham again I'll definitely stop through.

• 20th May 2015

The shower was unpleasant...never got hotter than lukewarm and the water pressure was abysmal. The complimentary breakfast was just fine. I know a lot of people will complain about the lack of selection, but when it comes to free food...I'm not picky! It's your standard coffee, tea, toast, jam, orange juice, cereal, and milk. Staff was really friendly. :)

• 19th May 2015

although the area doesn't seem to be the best, the hostel is less than 10 minutes walk from the city center and even less to Tesco Express, my 4 bed dorm was really clean. Staff not really usefull and nor friendly

The staff were extra helpful, beds were comfortable

When I got there, the bunk bed wasn't made. As if someone had just woken up from it moments before I came. I found a dirty sock under the blankets which disgusted me so bad. But I was too tired to make the complain to the reception. Got there at 8pm and just fell asleep right away after attending bodyexpo. Apart from the messy bed with the dirty socks in it, the sleeping atmosphere was actually very comfy, nice and dark with the added curtains on the bunk bed. I've to say they've the cosiest bed

• 15th May 2015
  • Brunei

A shame there is no locker ladge enough to store items/baggage for ease of mind when out or at night during sleep!

• 14th May 2015

Terrible. Carpet was all threadbare, blankets and pillows looked dirty, staff unfriendly, tv room and kitchen was disgusting and only redeeming feature was dining area upstairs. Also it was freezing.

The beds were clean and the room very tidy. The toilet flush was not working and in spite of requesting to fix it, nothing was done.

• 6th May 2015
  • India

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. We will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

It is very nice hostel, very practical ....:-) Stuff is very nice and friendly. Breakfast is good. You can cook there, but others will do so too... It was so far the best hostel I was in, and I was in many... It is having clean bathrooms...

Great hostel, amazing value for money. Well run and efficient.

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. Hopefully, you will stay with in the future and have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

« first « Prev 1 2 3