Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

Very clean, well located (in front of a subway station), great kitchen, TV room, reading spots, clean bathrooms. In addition, an amazing stylish building in SOHO style and great views. Deeply recommended.

Not what I expected, but it was so much better. I wish I had got to stay more than one night, if I'm passing through Birmingham again I'll definitely stop through.

• 20th May 2015

The shower was unpleasant...never got hotter than lukewarm and the water pressure was abysmal. The complimentary breakfast was just fine. I know a lot of people will complain about the lack of selection, but when it comes to free food...I'm not picky! It's your standard coffee, tea, toast, jam, orange juice, cereal, and milk. Staff was really friendly. :)

• 19th May 2015

The staff were extra helpful, beds were comfortable

• 15th May 2015

When I got there, the bunk bed wasn't made. As if someone had just woken up from it moments before I came. I found a dirty sock under the blankets which disgusted me so bad. But I was too tired to make the complain to the reception. Got there at 8pm and just fell asleep right away after attending bodyexpo. Apart from the messy bed with the dirty socks in it, the sleeping atmosphere was actually very comfy, nice and dark with the added curtains on the bunk bed. I've to say they've the cosiest bed

• 15th May 2015
  • Brunei

A shame there is no locker ladge enough to store items/baggage for ease of mind when out or at night during sleep!

• 14th May 2015

Terrible. Carpet was all threadbare, blankets and pillows looked dirty, staff unfriendly, tv room and kitchen was disgusting and only redeeming feature was dining area upstairs. Also it was freezing.

The beds were clean and the room very tidy. The toilet flush was not working and in spite of requesting to fix it, nothing was done.

• 6th May 2015
  • India

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. We will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

It is very nice hostel, very practical ....:-) Stuff is very nice and friendly. Breakfast is good. You can cook there, but others will do so too... It was so far the best hostel I was in, and I was in many... It is having clean bathrooms...

Great hostel, amazing value for money. Well run and efficient.

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. Hopefully, you will stay with in the future and have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

Booked a double room. Really liked it but there was so much noise! We could hear every door open and close. The multiple fire doors near our room made it impossible to sleep. Paper thin walls.

• 3rd May 2015

If was z good hostel all round. The staff were helpful. There were good views of Birmingham from the top room and breakfasts were good. The beds and room were always kept clean which was good. I'd stay here again!

Hostel location was really good. Everything more or less in walking distance. It was pretty noise from inside the hostel, but also from outside. Couldn't really get some sleep as there has been lots of loud music in the morning at seven.

• 2nd May 2015

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. In terms of noise, always report this to reception straight away, so that we can take care of any noise on the spot. We will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

This was my first hostel stay, overall I was very happy with my experience! The staff were very friendly and welcoming! The hostel was super close to the city centre and an express supermarket which made things handy! The only downside is there is no recycling for your rubbish - everything goes in the same bin, hopefully they look into this so they can do their bit for the environment! Other than that, a very pleasant stay, looking forward to Hatters in Manchester!

The hostel itself was good enough for my needs, nice comfy social area, prompt refill during breakfast times etc. it would be even better if each bed had their own plug socket. I was staying above a guy (who i think is a long term occupant there), so he kinda spread out and hogged all the sockets that was meant for our beds and also left all his belongings right below the bunkbed steps. I had to jump over everytime

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

We rent a six person room on friday night. The shower was jammed and the bathroom become flooded. We were in a ruch so we ended with a lot of wet clothes in the backpack and his obvious consequences. I told the staff the situation. They didn't even apologise. We were on the changing shift so i talk to the morning shift and the night shift didn't take note of the trouble. We came back on Sunday. They didn't even noticed the complain.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. We are really sorry to hear, that you had problems during your stay. However, will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

I liked the location of the hostel and It was good value. It could do with more power sockets in the bedroom

Really near to the city centre, but just in an industrial environment next to the train rails, not many tourist staying, mostly immigrants looking for a job

Hatters was a great place to stay. I was only there one night but the staff were great and friendly. As soon as I walked in they had told me about the evenings plans if I wanted to join. The rooms were great. I was in a massive dorm so you had to always be quiet as you can hear everything but each bed had its own PowerPoint and curtain for privacy. Location was a bit of a hike but worth it. :)

Staff were very helpful, especially when all 4 beds seemed to have been used as there was another person taking a chance of staying a day longer without advising Hatters staff.

• 20th Mar 2015