Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham

Very Good 2301 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2017
4.3

This was not a good hostel, stay elsewhere! The best part was the location, not far from the city and close to an awesome Indian Brewery. Everything else left much to be desired. The staff were friendly but some were a bit untrained. The room was tiny, no lockers, sheets were dirty, there were no outside windows and the power sockets did not work. Even in the bathroom, someone had etched into the wall "Nasty Hostel". Not a good atmosphere, awkward and not very social. Terrible value for money.

• rebeccamlees
  • England, Female, 25-30
16th Aug 2017
6.0

Blankets were dirty, activities were advertised but not organised, no atmosphere to the hostel.

14th Aug 2017
7.1

no towels, public bathroom not clean

• Australia, Female, 31-40
12th Aug 2017

Friendly staff. Location is about 10-15 minutes walk from Birmingham New Street.

9th Aug 2017
7.1

My overall experience is good but I have some concerns about the hostel. First night we arrived late and some other guest took my pillow, I asked the staff for an spare one and they last 20min to get me one. They didn't speak proper English and sometimes was confusing to understand them. You have to pay for your towel, no bath mat. They don't clean the room every day. Twice there was no toilet paper. On the other hand, breakfast is very good, and they have some activities for he guests

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
3.7

Don't stay here if you can avoid it! Staff were unhelpful, I had issues with price changes on their behalf, there was no hot water for showers and the rooms were pretty dirty. Not worth it in my opinion - I had another stay at the hostel booked for September which I've just cancelled, I'd rather pay more to stay somewhere else

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017

I booked via hostelworld and put my arrival time at 12pm - turns out 2pm is the earliest you can check in. Even so, they let me drop off my stuff and I checked in when I arrived back at 1pm! Very friendly and helpful staff, would book again. A straightforward walk from the station (approx 20 mins from new street)

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Aug 2017

Good hostel overall nice rooms,staff, location and price. However there was no milk at breakfast for cereal and no pool cues.

Thank you for your comment. We hope that you will visit us again :)

• England, Female, 41+
25th Jul 2017

Excellent location 2 minute wak fom St Pauls tramline. Lockers in the room, however no option to use a padlock to secure it locked. Clean and fresh, spacious bathroom Would definatley stay again for location to city centre.

Thank you for your comment. We will strive to improve. Hope to see you again.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
24th Jul 2017

Fun fact: They have mixed dorms en suite, but the shower has just a curtain and no door that can be locked. So if you are a little bit sentive, this might not be your thing. The rest was fine!