Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

This is a great hostel, you can walk to the main spots of the city and it has a great atmosphere. They offer a good breakfast and the facilities are also very good and clean. I have nothing to complain, congratulations for the service. I had a great time.

top hostel - great stay

Seemed like a very cool building and was nice that the beds were enclosed with own reading light and curtain

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Another reason to get back to 'Brumie', Great bars, people, museums and people again:)

We stayed there only one night but definitely we would stay more. Nice place, personal very helpful and polite. The room was fantastic and perfectly clean. I strongly recommend it.

• 5th Jan 2015

So its a pretty quiet place so its really good if you want to get some sleep. Theres a green emergancy light in every bedroom so that might be a bother, it Didnt really matter to me. I thought it would be worse from the comments but i had a good night. Breakfast is quite good and TV room is pretty comfortable. Overall it was a pleasant stay with no Bad sides.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Very central hostel, all amanties u need are provided, even the Xbox if u fancy in playing it :) warm staff and useful in giving information!! I will return for sure!

This hostel was ok. Not in a great area, but it's only a short walk to several attractions and the main station. Lon breakfast hours were nice. Wifi only worked in common areas. No lockers bi enough for luggage in the rooms. Luggage room left open and unattended the whole time I was there. If I returned to Birmingham, it wouldn't be my first choice to stay here again

it was nice and affordable, but the heater!

I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm with 2 more friends. The rooms are very good, warm and big and bathroom was clean. The only problem was there were no wardrobes to keep clothes or luggage. The staff was good and morning breakfast was served early 6am to 10am. That was good, as we need to move early morning to London.

Amazing work, keep it up.

• 27th Dec 2014

I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it. I especially liked breakfast being available from 6am and there were lots of signs up about keeping noise down around the dorms and respecting other guests. Despite what it said on the website - although breakfast overall was nice - there was no fruit. Wifi wasn't working for me - and I spoke to other guests who had the same problem - but I pointed this out to staff who were responsive and helpful. Great location both for transport and sights.

Situated in the unsafe area of Birmingham (well, more than half of the city is unsafe anyway). It's quite a long walk from train station to the hostel and if you carry heavy luggage, it will become harder to get to the hostel on foot. Inside the hostel is a maze!! The atmosphere is dark and spooky. There is a door to nowhere in my room (private double room). So, I can tell you that this is the hostel from horror movie. Not recommend to anyone except for horror movie fans!!

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Room was slightly small for 4 beds, but we had a good stay for the one night. Thanks

What's the point of having 2 showers and 1 toilet without a cabin in a bathroom for 15 people? Are they gonna take a shower while someone is peeing openly without any cabin? Bathroom floors are always wet, so it gets muddy and disgusting. Flushes don't work, toilets stinks and pee-all-over. There is no fresh air to breath in the mixed-rooms, because there is almost no windows! There are no lockers either! I don't think I have to trust other 14 people for my bag, right?!

Booked a 6 dorm room for a band. In the morning we discovered someone stole our spare tyre from the van we parked outside the hostel. The next day I booked a twin room. In the option check in time I chose 4am. I also phoned the hostel to confirm the reservation. However, the people who were gonna sleep there were said they couldn't have stayed because it was too late and the system couldn't accept the payment. So they were left without a place to stay at 4am and the deposit was lost.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Wifi was only available in the lounge, and was so slow I could not even load Google. The shower in the bedroom was also pretty average. Not very hot and terrible water flow.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I felt a bit concerned when I saw the location of the hostel as it feels a bit away from everything, but it is actually fine once you're inside. The only thing that let it down was that there were no lockers in the rooms and the bathroom didn't feel too clean. On a good note, the breakfast was decent for a hostel (muesli, yogurt, toast, orange juice, fruit) and there was a nice communal area around the kitchen. My room was also nice and warm!

• 4th Dec 2014

Good place to stay, well equipped, pretty good breakfast and staff are cool. Just a shame our bedroom walls were made from paper! Will be staying here again, just with earplugs next time ; )

• 28th Nov 2014

Thanks for the great review. If you are having problems sleeping next time that you stay, just pop over to reception and the receptionist will be happy to provide you with earplugs free of charge! See you next time!

Stayed 2 nights. In need of a proper common room for people to converse. Clean, friendly staff and reasonably located.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5