7.7
Very Good 1,920 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 1,920 Total Reviews
Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Located at 92/95 Livery Street, , Birmingham.
England
Birmingham B3 1RJ 92/95 Livery Street
77% 1920
52.4862299 -1.9041967
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Apr 2016

I Had a really enjoyable stay at Hatters. As I am new to hostelling I wasn't sure what to expect. The atmosphere was really friendly - I made new friends in the reception as my room mates were asleep. I only stayed for one night however I know that if I had stayed longer there would have been lots to do - cinema nights, free walking tours and bar crawls - something for everyone. The receptionist was French and appreciated my rusty attempt of communicating with her, and did it all with a smile.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
14th Apr 2016

The Hostel staff is really friendly and helpfull!! I found the hostel easily (I arrived at Birmingham New Street). It's definetly worth it's money, you can't expect too much for £20 per night. The room was clean and not too small for a hostel, I stayed in much worse rooms before. The only disadvantage was the kitchen, it was rather smelly and there wasn't a dishwasher so u dont rally know if the other people had washed their dishes propably. All in all I'd recommend this hostel.

• England, Male, 31-40
12th Apr 2016

Absolutely fantastic, lovely staff and a great atmosphere, definitely going to stay there again

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2016
6.6

For a last minute arrangement it wasn't terrible Ended up on a bar crawl one night and had some good company and cool reps to thank Receptionist bit weird though

Hi, Great to see you enjoyed the bar crawl, definitely join them on future visit as we will be incorporating a BBQ as we go into the summer months. We will definitely make sure your next visit will be a great one! All the best!

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2016
5.7

I was in the sleeper room. There is quite a strange smell and it's clear that there is no fresh air coming in. The bathroom was very very dirty, there was pie on the seat and the floor every time. It was very cold in the shower and the common room.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
30th Mar 2016
7.1

Everything was fine except the location in my opinion. Thanks. D

29th Mar 2016
3.4

After the receptionist was initially helpful ( gave directions to the Arena ) i was sent to the wrong room. The room number 212, should not have been in use, for the ceiling had caved in on two of the beds and i had to walk a long way for lockers. At least i had the room to myself. The same member of staff was dismissive over my complaint about dirt on the iron. My room was cold and the hostel as a whole was cold. The kitchen & eating area was both old, dirty, loud, free meal disappointing.

27th Mar 2016
5.7

Hello, Normally I don't write comments about the places where I went, but this one was disappointing. Due to a miatake on my side, the price of my room was recalculated twice (from £16 to £21 and after that, to a final price of £28). I was exhausted after a long, rainy & windy day and to top it off, it was late in the evening, so no chance to look for another place where to spend the night. It was Easter, which made things even more complicated. Next time I'll stay somewhere else. Regards

Hello, thanks for the review. Sorry to hear of the problem that you had. Unfortunately you had booked for the 27th through the Hostelworld website but arrived to stay on the Saturday, 26th. So the recalculation of price was due to the price difference at that particular time as we were selling at a higher price for the Easter Saturday, as this is a peak time and we were down to our last few beds so demand was vey high. We hope to see you again in the future.

27th Mar 2016

Great space and great atmosphere. I loved my room, but still it was at the price for a proper hotel for the Bank Holiday weekend. Thanks to all the stuff.

Hi, thanks for the comments fantastic to here you loved your stay. We are all about a great atmosphere! Don't be a stranger and look forward to welcoming you back to the hostel.

• juacohi
  • Chile, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
26th Mar 2016
6.9

The hostel it's really dirty, under the beds it was really dirty with papers and other things, the showers the same and the kitchen sometimes it was a mess with all the trash. I asked a couple of times in the reception to empty the trash bin (it was full) but they didn't do it... Besides that, big kitchen, wifi works everywhere, lockers in the room, each bed has own outlets and beds were comfortable.