7.8
Very Good 2,104 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 2,104 Total Reviews
Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Located at 92/95 Livery Street, , Birmingham.
England
Birmingham B3 1RJ 92/95 Livery Street
78% 2104
52.4862299 -1.9041967
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Dec 2016
5.1

The first room I stayed in there weren't enough powerpoints and the bathroom was really dirty, worst showers I've had an in hostel. One of the guys in the room was smoking in the bathroom and being incredibly loud all night, saying inappropriate things and he worked there. The hostel was understaffed so none of the nightly activities took place. No real vibe, everyone mostly kept to themselves and very few people were English speaking

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
27th Nov 2016

Amazing hostel, huge area downstairs, no oven in the kitchen but it has everything else you need. The rooms were clean, bathrooms big beds comfy! The location is only a 10 min walk to main part of town, but as a solo female the neighborhood felt a bit sketchy at night and made me feel a bit uneasy. Shout out to Branka she was awesome!!

• England, Mixed Group, 31-40
25th Nov 2016
5.4

The check in process was totally disorganised with the Hostel charging my credit card with the full amount for the stay without my approval before I had arrived, despite paying a deposit and told that we would pay on arrival. When I asked the guy behind the desk about it, he shrugged his shoulders and said 'Well it's done now'. This really needs looking at! Also the staff at breakfast, during it's busiest time, we heard complaining that the guests were eating too much!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
23rd Nov 2016
8.0

Good location, good facilities, value for money

• England, Female, 41+
21st Nov 2016

We enjoyed our stay , the room was very clean and warm. We preferred the former roaf top area for breakfast rather than the new basement .

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
19th Nov 2016
7.7

I had a good time here for my short trip to Birmingham. Branca was so helpful and nice and has natural hospitality skills that are a credit to the place. She answered my questions with great spirit. My only dislike was that a bed in my room was double booked by a couple in a single bed .Again, with health and safety, I didn't think this was a wise decision by the other member of staff at front desk who I had to call down to, as the gentleman who had already booked the bed was angry & woke us up

• Australia, Female, 31-40
19th Nov 2016
4.9

The only 2 people that were nice was a young Irish girl who works long hours and is a student. She was very kind and helpful. The other was a house maid, he was very kind. I stayed in an 8 bed room that was smelly and I was physically ill and ended up being in bed a whole day and can't get the smell out of my clothes. I'm from Australia and it doesn't have that in your category for details. Disappointed :-(

12th Nov 2016

Awesome backpackers. Everyone is really friendly and down to earth. Great common room and excellent kitchen. It's on the outskirts of the central city, about a 30 minute walk from the central bus station. The beds are comfy and the bedsheets are spotless and fresh. Each bed has a privacy curtain and overall it's warm and welcoming. A zero stress backpackers. Free coffee and tea but if you want an espresso they have a professional coffee machine and pastries at reception.

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Nov 2016

Felt really welcome here, the staff were so lovely, the rooms and facilities were very clean, the general decor of the place was so nice especially the dining area and breakfast was a nice addition. 100% recommend this place!

Thank you for your great feedback! We do our best to create a nice atmosphere and the decoration is an extra touch that makes your stay a special one. We hope to see you again.

6th Nov 2016

Nice and courteous staffs. A very comfortable place, rate is good for services offered.

Thank you for your comment, it's good to hear you enjoyed your stay! Come back soon!