Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

Booked a double room. Really liked it but there was so much noise! We could hear every door open and close. The multiple fire doors near our room made it impossible to sleep. Paper thin walls.

• 3rd May 2015

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. We will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

If was z good hostel all round. The staff were helpful. There were good views of Birmingham from the top room and breakfasts were good. The beds and room were always kept clean which was good. I'd stay here again!

Hostel location was really good. Everything more or less in walking distance. It was pretty noise from inside the hostel, but also from outside. Couldn't really get some sleep as there has been lots of loud music in the morning at seven.

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. In terms of noise, always report this to reception straight away, so that we can take care of any noise on the spot. We will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

This was my first hostel stay, overall I was very happy with my experience! The staff were very friendly and welcoming! The hostel was super close to the city centre and an express supermarket which made things handy! The only downside is there is no recycling for your rubbish - everything goes in the same bin, hopefully they look into this so they can do their bit for the environment! Other than that, a very pleasant stay, looking forward to Hatters in Manchester!

The hostel itself was good enough for my needs, nice comfy social area, prompt refill during breakfast times etc. it would be even better if each bed had their own plug socket. I was staying above a guy (who i think is a long term occupant there), so he kinda spread out and hogged all the sockets that was meant for our beds and also left all his belongings right below the bunkbed steps. I had to jump over everytime

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

We rent a six person room on friday night. The shower was jammed and the bathroom become flooded. We were in a ruch so we ended with a lot of wet clothes in the backpack and his obvious consequences. I told the staff the situation. They didn't even apologise. We were on the changing shift so i talk to the morning shift and the night shift didn't take note of the trouble. We came back on Sunday. They didn't even noticed the complain.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Thank you very much for your review, as it will surely help us to improve our quality standards. We are really sorry to hear, that you had problems during your stay. However, will definitely take on board the drawbacks of the hostel, mentioned in the review to ensure that you have an even better stay next time you are around, at Hatters Birmingham. All the best and take care.

I liked the location of the hostel and It was good value. It could do with more power sockets in the bedroom

Really near to the city centre, but just in an industrial environment next to the train rails, not many tourist staying, mostly immigrants looking for a job

Hatters was a great place to stay. I was only there one night but the staff were great and friendly. As soon as I walked in they had told me about the evenings plans if I wanted to join. The rooms were great. I was in a massive dorm so you had to always be quiet as you can hear everything but each bed had its own PowerPoint and curtain for privacy. Location was a bit of a hike but worth it. :)

Staff were very helpful, especially when all 4 beds seemed to have been used as there was another person taking a chance of staying a day longer without advising Hatters staff.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

It was very cold everywhere

need bigger lockers the hostel is massive almost size of wembley stadium but the lockers are only big enough for a sandwich the location is teriffic the lounge is very good kitchen too small beds for sleep are great they have over 200 beds i suggest cut the number of beds and gets some bigger lockers put in other than that its fine good breakfast by the wayv

I would like to say that I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are good, the beds are comfy and the shower facilities are very good. also other facilities that I didn't use such as lounge and internet rooms looked good. Hostel is one train stn away from the city centre and still within good walking distance. The only thing I shall say is that there isn't any security lockers so keep your bags locked up and safe. Other than that this is a to hostel

Staff were lazy and cared more about going for a fag than answering questions or being helpful. Went for breakfast at 10 (website and sign said its served until 11) and it was being cleared away! Good location though, and clean rooms.

The hostel has a big room in the cellar which smelled very mouldy and it was dump (I think it was the biggest room they had). Luckily, it was possible to change the room. But that room still was a bit mouldy and it didn't have any window to open. The bed was clean and the bathroom was ok too. But I would not recommend to stay at that hostel.

Washrooms were a little dirty in the sleeper, but there were many people using them. The location was a little far from the city centre, but was still close to food and pubs. The staff were helpful but busy, and did not offer to book any trips for us even though that was advertised. The front door was usually open so security wasn't 100%, but there were key cards to get into the rooms which were good. The free breakfast and pub crawl were great.

• 30th Jan 2015

This is a great hostel, you can walk to the main spots of the city and it has a great atmosphere. They offer a good breakfast and the facilities are also very good and clean. I have nothing to complain, congratulations for the service. I had a great time.

Even the "24 person" bedroom has little 4-person pods, which makes you feel like the room is much smaller. a great deal. Lots of students living there permanently.

top hostel - great stay

I guess it wouldn't be so hard to provide wi-fi in the bedrooms. That would be a great upgrade to the hostel.