Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

The hostel has a very nice lounge area and a good kitchen with a nice view over the city. Staff is helpful and friendly. Just the bathroom in the dorm was not really clean...

THEY ARE ON TRACK....LOVE IT

• 1st Dec 2013
  • South Africa

Thanks for the great review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Very glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I like the stay at hostel. Impressed with selection of breakfast. You can find some thing to eat whole day, that was great. Very impressed. Common area was very clean and tidy. Good place to spend time.

• 29th Nov 2013

Thanks for the great review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed here so much and made good use of our free breakfast, and free tea, coffee, chocolate and toast all day :) Hopefully see you again sometime!

On arrival I was upgraded to a 6 bed dorm even though I had paid for a 12bed. Very clean and great facilities. Lounge area modern and comfortable. Wifi wasn't available in all rooms but other than that it was great!

Staff very helpful, they well deserve their salary. Room was hot, smelly and full of everyone's stuff but that was down to the residents of the 8 man room. Kitchen well equipped with toast and hot drinks available throughout the day. I would stay there again.

This place has something you never expect in a chain hostel - the homy feeling. The staff has a good attitude to their job. Othe pros include spacious well-equiped kitchen and some activities organized by the hostel. However, still a lot to improve: wifi signal, add lockers etc. Anyway, I can definitely recommend this hostel.

Excellent friendly staff. I had a great stay!

The staff at Hatters are really friendly! The 24/7 tea and toast is great for when you're feeling a bit peckish! The common room is warm

Lovely little place. Staff were all friendly and breakfast being included was a nice bonus! Communal areas were all really cosy and clean! Enjoyed my stay thoroughly!

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Cool hostel, nice design, very friendly staff, free breakfast and coffee, awesome location. Highly Recommended..

Absolutely Fantastic! Had a great time, staff were polite and helpful whenever called upon and will not consider anywhere else for any future stay in Birmingham!

• 7th Nov 2013

Everything was excellent. Very clean, friedly staff, in the city centre of birmingham.It was more like a 3 star hotel rather than a hostel.The only problem was the very-very slow wifi.

We were really impressed with the staff and overall experience. The reception staff were very helpful regarding car parking and places to eat. The room (double ensuite) was extremely spacious, clean and comfortable. Really nice touch to have shower gel and hand soap provided. The lounge and dining areas were very comfortable and modern (all Ikea furniture!) and the breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here over a travelodge or ibis.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The place is very good and not far from the centre (Birmingham is not that big anyway~) The room is very clean but heating is not on at that night. Staffs are very helpful indeed.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • China

I had stayed at Hatters Birmingham in 2012 and was pleased that time.At the end of Oct & start of Nov 2013, I had another stay. Dormitory had tons of dust under the bunks, along with litter. I raised this with a staff member. Lttle was removed and no vaccuming - other bunks untouched. Communal kitchen was filthy, with cooked rice lying my first 2 days before I raised this, as well as 2 fridges not controlled - literally warm! My milk went off after a day. Very disappointing.this time.

• 31st Oct 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. Good wifi and cool common area - brand new kitchen and lounge. Also, great showers and very comfy beds! The staff are particularly friendly & go out of their way to make their guests feel comfortable. The Halloween pub crawl was the highlight (the hostel's regular pub crawl, but zombie style! Things got a little scary!) The area has some great bars. I spent an exciting 4 nights here & would love to return. I know I will always enjoy myself when I stay at Hatters!

• 31st Oct 2013

Absolutely by far the best backpackers I'v ever stayed at in England. Unlike a lot of the others I'v stayed at these bunch have 24 hour tea/coffee and toast on offer and very nice staff. When I walked in I saw the reception desk which was decorated really nice for Halloween. The rooms were immaculately cleaned with a lovely duvet and pillow already fitted so there was no faffing around wacking my head of bunks trying to get my sheets on. Immaculate and spacious ensuite bathroom.

• 29th Oct 2013

The best hostel I have stayed in in the UK

Good hostel. Bearded man on front desk was very helpful and nice. Had a N64 which was cool. Wifi ok. Kitchen small but ok. Laundry there was bad, our clothes ran, and after an hour and a half in dryer, were still dripping wet. Otherwise, clean, free walking tour on offer, and decent breakfast.

2min walk from main station. Good security. No wifi in rooms. Free toast all day. Staff are a bit cold. Female showers are pretty much see through so anyone walking past can see you. Very unnerving. Clean overall.