Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

Most of the guests were friendly but some of them were very noisy and kept others awake. Some people were apparently arriving at 4 o'clock in the morning. I found it difficult to sleep. One group of people were making gratuitous noise at 6 o'clock in the morning. They were talking very loud. I heard a couple arguing late at night. The boards on the floors of the dorms were creaking while people walked on them and this contributed to my disturbed sleep.

We just stayed for a very short night. Good value for money as even breakfast is included... Super helpful staff, nice bars and restaurants in the area, easy walk to city centre.

Hi Michaela, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts, we're glad that you had such a great time and look forward to your return!

Me and my sister had a very pleasant stay at Hatters Hostel - Birmingham. The room (private room) was clean and better than expected and the staff always answered our questions happily and patiently. The location was very good too, as it was within walking distance to the centre and there were more than enough quality pubs and such in the area to enjoy yourself close to 'home'. I would defenitely recommend hatters hostel to friends & family if they were looking for a place to stay in Birmingham.

Great experience at this hostel. Great staff.

Reception staff where fabulous. Out twin ensuite room was clean, comfortable and warm with a bonus TV. We loved this hostel.

Hi Myfanwy, Thanks for the great review, we're glad that you were so happy with your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Very friendly and helpful, great hostel, comfy beds and we didn't get told off for arriving back very late and drunk!

• 26th Apr 2014

Hi Ben, thanks for the review, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Guests will never get told off, so long as they behave themselves ;) . See you next time!

One of the best hostel experience for me. Made friendship with the staff :)

• 26th Apr 2014
  • India

Hi Gaurav, Thanks for your great review, see you next time you're in town!

Very good hostel! Well located, clean, and very comfy. After few hours you feel like being home. The staff was great: welcoming, very helpful, kind and funny. We stayed with friends only two days, but we all had loads of fun!

• 25th Apr 2014

Excellent place to go! People are really nice, everything is clean, there is a kitchen and breakfast is included! The only negative point is that we got a fine while parked just in front of the hostel whereas nothing indicates that you have to pay from 8am :(

Hi Cecile, Thank you for your excellent review of our hostel. We're sorry to hear that the city council fined you for parking, we are sure to warn guests of this and point them to places where they can park cheaply (or free) close by when we know that guests have arrived by car. See you next time!

Friendly staff. Clean. Has everything you need. Would stay again.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Free breakfast was nice but you have to wash your own dishes. Hostel is a little bit out of the way from the city center. Staff members were nice - one marked a good walking route on my map, the other called a cab for me. The ensuite bathroom in my all-female dorm was nice.

HI Brittany, glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Birmingham!

I had a good experience there. I really liked how close the hostel was once coming out of the train station.

friendly staff, and the whole facilities are awesome, the only weakness that makes be picky is the location. It was not in a very buzzy area, thus if you are a single lady who arrive at late night, make sure you take a taxi to there, otherwise it can be dangerous by just walking to there alone.

Thanks for your feedback Yafei. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Perhaps you never got to experience all that the Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham has to offer, it is a very trendy area of Birmingham with lots of nice bars and restaurants, make sure to come back and we'll be more than happy to show you the best spots!

I love staying here but I was disappointed by the price this time.

• 19th Apr 2014

Hi Ashleigh, Thanks for taking the time to leaves us some feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed staying here so much. Our prices are set according to demand and we feel are very competitive in comparison to the local market. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Following my stay in Manchester, this time I was trying out the branch in Birmingham. The difference in Birmingham was ensuite room, so paying more for the convenience. Also kitchen, common rooms etc. were on the top floors so be prepared to climb lots of stairs. Otherwise everything was as good as Manchester. Next time maybe I will try out Liverpool branch and write another review. :)

I stayed in a 12-bed dorm here one night because I was going for a few drinks in the Jewellery Quarter and didn't feel like getting the last train home. As such I wanted little more than a bed for the night as cheaply as possible, and didn't have any particular expectations. I have to say that as hostels go, I was quite impressed. Cheap, clean, helpful and friendly staff, comfortable bed, decent shower. Would definitely stay here again.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we're very glad that you enjoyed your time here, we will take your comments on board and we look forward to welcoming you back to hatters hostel soon.

This hostel was staffed with the most impeccable, friendly and courteous people I have ever met at any hostel thus far. In particular, Yu-San deserves the highest commendation for helping me out so much when I had only about 10 minutes to get to the train station when I had to leave the same night I arrived. He also showed me points of interest around Birmingham on the map and clearly knew not only the city, but was clearly a leader in mentality, with an excellent attitude to his job.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

stayed in a double room with ensuite bathroom, nice large room. they were renovating the laundry facilities, but we weren't informed, and the radiator in the room was leading slightly, but they said they would fix it right away. overall nice place and would definitely stay there again

• 13th Apr 2014

Need better connectivity to wifi. More snacks on sales required.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • India

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, , we will take your comments on board and we look forward to welcoming you back to hatters hostel soon.

The toilet was broken and the shower was not great.

• 12th Apr 2014