Hatters Backpack Hostel -Birmingham Reviews

92/95 Livery Street, Birmingham, England

Great facility indeed. 6 people in a band on tour could not have asked for more. Clean, secure, tidy, helpful staff, near to what was needed in the City Centre. (Y). Large bathroom. Everything was fine.

• 23rd May 2014

Hey guys. Thanks for the great review, next time you're playing in town we'll be only too happy to welcome you back!

Everything was really nicke, the Rooms are spacious and the staff friendly, the included breakfast adds to the good value for money. My only critique point would be, that the wifi availability should be increased at least to the upstairs lounge if not to the whole hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we're happy that you had such a good time here. Sorry about the patchy wifi during your stay, we were having some router issues but they're all sorted now. See you next time!

I must say ivr stayed in a few hostels around the country, This was by far the best one. A clean kitchen to use with all the conveniences, free breakfast and cameras for added security. The beds also had privacy curtains in case I wished to sleep less modest in a shared dorm. Only thing is lockers are very small amd not enough space to put luggage, but who cares! felt safe none the less. On arrival, reception staff made sure I had my preferred male dorm.

• 20th May 2014

Great to hear that you had such a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back!

no lockers for your belongings :(

Thanks for the positive review. Sorry that you missed a locker, we do have rooms with lockers and for those without you are always welcome to store your things in one of our secure luggage rooms.

The directions to find this Hostel were very complicated, and it is virtually unknown , having asked 10 people including a policeman, spent an hour walking around Brum trying to locate it, with the Hostels own directions in my hand! - place was nice, staff not too helpful or communicative.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will take your comments on board.

I just stayed one night in the hostel but would have stayed more. Good location and really friendly staff, and breakfast! In the free walking tour they gave us a free beer and had a crazy night out with the people there. Would definetely recommend it.

One of the cheapest beds you will find in England on the weekend. Birmingham actually has a good party scene if you look around. This hostel was great, staff were incredible (they cooked us a BBQ), facilities where modern and clean. Met other travellers at the hostel and went to a drum and bass gig with them. Everything you could want in a Hostel

Thanks for the taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that you enjoyed your time here and hope that you will return to stay with us again.

Excellent and professional staff! The hostel is pretty big, yet they run it smoothly! (Great attention to detail, which makes this place stand out). Spacious kitchen and lounge at the loft give out a great view of Birmingham. The only downer seems to be the fact that toilets/showers are only located in the dorms, which mean that there is always a queue in the morning, as there is only one bathroom per room. However, for a British hostel, this stands out in a very positive way!

Most of the guests were friendly but some of them were very noisy and kept others awake. Some people were apparently arriving at 4 o'clock in the morning. I found it difficult to sleep. One group of people were making gratuitous noise at 6 o'clock in the morning. They were talking very loud. I heard a couple arguing late at night. The boards on the floors of the dorms were creaking while people walked on them and this contributed to my disturbed sleep.

We just stayed for a very short night. Good value for money as even breakfast is included... Super helpful staff, nice bars and restaurants in the area, easy walk to city centre.

Hi Michaela, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts, we're glad that you had such a great time and look forward to your return!

Me and my sister had a very pleasant stay at Hatters Hostel - Birmingham. The room (private room) was clean and better than expected and the staff always answered our questions happily and patiently. The location was very good too, as it was within walking distance to the centre and there were more than enough quality pubs and such in the area to enjoy yourself close to 'home'. I would defenitely recommend hatters hostel to friends & family if they were looking for a place to stay in Birmingham.

Great experience at this hostel. Great staff.

Reception staff where fabulous. Out twin ensuite room was clean, comfortable and warm with a bonus TV. We loved this hostel.

Hi Myfanwy, Thanks for the great review, we're glad that you were so happy with your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Very friendly and helpful, great hostel, comfy beds and we didn't get told off for arriving back very late and drunk!

• 26th Apr 2014

Hi Ben, thanks for the review, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Guests will never get told off, so long as they behave themselves ;) . See you next time!

One of the best hostel experience for me. Made friendship with the staff :)

• 26th Apr 2014
  • India

Hi Gaurav, Thanks for your great review, see you next time you're in town!

Very good hostel! Well located, clean, and very comfy. After few hours you feel like being home. The staff was great: welcoming, very helpful, kind and funny. We stayed with friends only two days, but we all had loads of fun!

• 25th Apr 2014

Excellent place to go! People are really nice, everything is clean, there is a kitchen and breakfast is included! The only negative point is that we got a fine while parked just in front of the hostel whereas nothing indicates that you have to pay from 8am :(

Hi Cecile, Thank you for your excellent review of our hostel. We're sorry to hear that the city council fined you for parking, we are sure to warn guests of this and point them to places where they can park cheaply (or free) close by when we know that guests have arrived by car. See you next time!

Friendly staff. Clean. Has everything you need. Would stay again.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Free breakfast was nice but you have to wash your own dishes. Hostel is a little bit out of the way from the city center. Staff members were nice - one marked a good walking route on my map, the other called a cab for me. The ensuite bathroom in my all-female dorm was nice.

HI Brittany, glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Birmingham!

I had a good experience there. I really liked how close the hostel was once coming out of the train station.