Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Best part of this hostel is the location. The only critic will be the first guy we met at the reception when we arrived who did not say anything to us except the price of the room. All the other people were friendly and the room was fine.

Great hostel, good location, nice facilities. Quiet when I was there however I think it gets good on weekends!

Facilities and rooms were great. staff seemed a little distant. bar area was nice and the free breakfast was better than most hostels!

Friendly staff, nice common-areas, clean rooms. Best located hostel in Liverpool. Would recommend.

• 14th May 2015
  • Denmark

Our stay was really awesome, the staff was really friendly and funny, the free breakfast was amazing (try out the chocoexpresso!!). It was a good night of rest, with good beds and clean linen. Definitely will come again if I ever go to Liverpool.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location, being close to both lime street and central station. The beds weren't the most comfortable but that's my only gripe.

Pretty reasonable hostel. Overpriced at the weekend however. Good breakfast! Kitchen could have ovens, would make sense. Overall quite good but as far as hostels go this place punches well below it's potential. (It could be AMAZING if some time, money and passion were invested...) Chris is great on the desk and Amaya is lovely.

I was there for only one night but the only thing that bothered me was the cold shower in my room.

• 8th May 2015

Very nice set up with super cool decor. Great breaky and fun people.

Checking in was anightmare. It took 45 minutes for me to get checked in with a key to my room.

The staff there is absolutely fantastic!!! Big thank you's especially to Andrea and to Chris! Made me feel at home there!

• 4th May 2015

Huge hostel and I was staying on the 4th floor (thankfully there was a lift). Very good location with Lime St. Station and city centre within walking distance. Supermarket just around the corner. Clean toilet with free shower gel. Comfortable bed. Nice breakfast with things like porridge and fruit (don't usually find them with hostel breakfast!). I didn't even need to wash the dishes after breakfast. Perfect for lazy people! This is one of the better hostels I've ever stayed in UK.

The hostel is comfortable and with good atmosphere, the staf is very friendly, the rooms are clean, good size and beautiful designs in general; I like so much the message painted on the wall. The breakfast was nice !! . Excellent ubication is near of all touristics places.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Colombia

Really appreciated the free towels!!

Very good hostel and very central to everything in the city centre.

Thanks for the lovely review Come back soon ˊᵕˋ

Overall it was a good stay. The dorms felt dirty and old though. They looked nothing like I had seen in the photos. The ensuite could also do with a bit of an upkeep. Staff were great though and there was a good atmosphere downstairs in the bar.

My assigned bed was dirty upon arrival, and the room was quite small and dirty as well. Bathroom soaps and floor towels were never changed, trash wasn't taken out, etc. Our room was broken into during our stay, and although nothing was taken, the door to the room was wide open and the trim was busted off the door frame. After someone came to "fix" it, the man at the reception desk assured us that the hostel was safe, but that the door had been broken many times before. Internet hardly useable.

Thanks for the feedback. We had a look at CCTV and no- one other than allocated guests entered the room so maybe someone opened the door a bit to enthusiastically ?? Sorry about the beds we make sure that all the beads are clean but sometimes when you are in bigger dorms like this the other guests just take beds as they please ......hmffffff Seems everything was sorted as soon as we were notified try us again sometime

If I can offer any advice, it would be do NOT stay here during the Grand National meeting at Aintree. The hostel was completely full of disrespectful drunk guys who kept me up all night with the lights on, talking, farting, burping.. I checked out after the first night of my intended 3 night stay. The staff were nice but only gave me a refund for 1 night due to 24hr cancellation policy. I'm sure it's a nice place when there is a backpacker crowd. Just don't do it to yourself during the National

Thanks for the feedback, happy to see the staff did help you out. Part of the appeal of a backpackers hostel is the random selection of people but yes each event brings in a tide of different people. It is a bit like a chocolate box and sometime you get the orange one uggggg. Come visit us again on a normal week and experience the true essence of Hatters ( ゚▽゚)/

its ok. but there really is no atmosphere here. i spent 5 days and i never saw anyone in the garden, kitchen or other common areas although it was fully booked. sad place - especially if compared to the very good hatters in birmingham and manchester!

Thanks for your review. You are correct there were very few guests inside while you were staying. The weekend you stayed is the busiest weekend of the year with the Grand National taking place. Traditionally almost all our guests are out at the horse racing all day and then venture into the city in the evening for all the lively entertainment that is on offer. The weather was fantastic and the sun was shinning all weekend so the atmosphere in the city centre was electric an th best place to be.

This hostel is absolutely fantastic! The building is amazing and it looks like a medieval castle. Although the building is very old, the interior of the place is modern and the decoration is beautiful. It has all the social amenities you would expect from a hostel: common room, games room, a bar, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, garden and much more, and all of them are fantastic. I slept in a four beds bedroom and, although the room was kinda small, it was very clean, cosy and comfortable,

Thanks for the lovely review! Our building was built in the 1870's but has a newly decorated interior and guess what there is more addition to come so keep an eye on us See you again soon ー( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5