Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

This is an excellent hostel with a very nice and friendly staff. Appreciated that I was able to store my bags there the day I checked out as my train didn't leave until 6pm and I wanted to do some more exploring of Liverpool. I also liked the artsy feel of the place and that they do have someone who tries to organize nightly drinking activities. At first I was bummed that Wi-Fi was not available in the room, but going to the lounge to use it helped me meet more people and have nice conversations

It's the second time in this youth hostel.. and I've found it even better than before. I booked a 8 bed female room.. the room was comfortable and the bathroom wide and clean enough. A good and abundant breakfast and a large and well furnished lounge made me enjoy my stay in Liverpool.

The building just seemed to big to be maintained- not very clean, broken shower and lockers, garbage and dirty linens left in the hall, funky smells, old mattresses, bad wifi (even in the computer area). Great location and friendly enough staff

Great location. Rooms ok. Not the cleanest hostel. Wifi was the worst of any hostel I'eve ever stayed at. Non-existent in rooms, mediocre at best in lobby, pretty crappy in basement. It kicks you offline very 10min.

Really pleasantly surprised, such a nice atmosphere and a really cool looking building, great for people my age (21) The only issue was sleeping right next to a hot pipe, I was trying to sleep at around 7 in the morning and the room was so hot because the pipe was next to the bed, which is also quite dangerous as well, but other than that, loved it.

• 29th Oct 2014

Absolutely happy with the hostel. Great value for money. Comfortable beds (I stayed in a 10 bed room), comfortable toilets, great breakfast (included). The stuff was really friendly and helpful. The location is great (10/15 minute from almost everywhere I wanted to go).

No WiFi away from common areas which is very annoying. Only two power connections on the room (for 4 people), also very annoying. Everything else was very good.

Everything was okay except the elevator can only fit one person and one suitcase each time.

It was a good hostel but i think that it needs a better safe because anybody can go Inside the hostel. The staff was very nice. The bedroom is very small.

• 26th Oct 2014

Shocking service at the bar. The bathroom in the dorm was either not working or dirty. Was so appalled by it I checked out early and lost my money for the second night. Also saw another customer being poorly treated at the check-in desk which wasn't great to see. Won't be staying again... There are hotels in the city cheaper.

lockers were ridiculously small & unsatisfactory. There should be an individual light & small shelf for personals such as clock, phone, false teeth etc. for each bed (This has always been available on all my previous stays at other hostels). Breakfast was excellent

• 25th Oct 2014

Great hostel, very well located, lots of facilities, a Tesco 2 blocks away so you can buy food and cook it if you want for almost no money. Nice bar where you can drink and eat nice food.

Great, helpful staff. It is a bigger hostel, so the atmosphere wasn't the best, but plenty of room to chill out and talk to other travelers. Very conveniently located within a few minute walk of the train station, central underground station, and nightlife. Would stay again, if I ever return to Liverpool!

sStaffs was very helpful and the hostel is located very good place. The lime-street station is very close to the hostel. But only one thing is not good for me. Shower booth in 12-mix dorm didn't lock. Except that the hostel was very nice.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for the review. We will have a look at that door our own Handy Andy will sort it right out! Happy to see you had a great time (⁎⚈᷀᷁ᴗ⚈᷀᷁⁎)

Disappointed with the price. Due to Liverpool playing the night I stayed, the price was more than doubled. Really taking advantage of football fans!

Thanks for the comments. Our prices are one of if not the lowest in town but citywide prices on match days are normally higher due to demand but you can still get good deals if you book in advance. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and come back soon.

Just to sum up, it was a great experience, the staff was helpful and the place is nice.

• 17th Oct 2014

Wohoooooooo ✌.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.✌ So happy to see you had a great time! hope we see you again some day:)

The foyer is nice, the bar is great, the breakfast is plentiful and the cost is reasonable. HOWEVER, be warned that some (mine) bedrooms are VERY basic and in need of a lot of TLC. Amongst the general shabbiness, the room smelt of damp, the window didn't close, the sink was very slow to drain and the lights to the bathroom shone into the bedroom.

Thanks for the comments please do tell us if anything is wrong we are here 24/7 to help you:) Good to see you had a lovely stay and enjoyed MOST of your stay We are redecorating so come back soon and embrace our new look

Brilliant location but terrible crumy rooms! Could really do with a face lift. Rooms wern't particularly clean and lift never worked when we tried to use it! Not value for money at the weekend, the rooms don't justify what you pay But good atmosphere and friendly staff

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for the review! We are indeed superbly located! All rooms have been booked in for some plastic surgery so came back soon and see the new look:) We had a problem with the lift on Saturday -Sunday but that has been sorted whoo! ( Lift fixing people insist they need a day off too hmmmm). for the best deals always book well in advance.. See you again soon we hope :)

The rooms and bathrooms could be cleaner. Despite that the hostel is really well located and the breakfast is excellent. Worth the price.

• 15th Oct 2014

Thanks for the feedback ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Wohoo so happy to see you made the most of our complimentary breakfast. For anything not up to standard just come and tell us we are happy to help. We see you stayed in one of our busier dorms and the bathrooms can get a but busy but just notify us and we will send our own Mr Muscle team to sort it out .

I only stayed in Hatters one night, but had a nice stay. The hostel is in a very central location, rooms are clean, beds aren't the most comfortable, but are ok. The 8-bed female dorm I stayed in had an ensuite, which was pretty clean and well stocked. They provided free pasta on the evening I stayed, which was nice. Props to the staff for letting me check in at around noon, even when official check in doesn't start until later in the day.

*⁎ᎢℋᎪɳᏦ ᎩӫᏌ⁎*⋆ Where we can we always let ou in before check in, we want you to feel at home soon as possible :) Good to see you enjoyed our clean rooms and super location

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6