Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Great spot!

It's a common misunderstanding amongst the general public, that when Tony the Tiger shouts 'They're GRRRREAT!', he is referring to cornflakes.In actual fact, Tony is referring to Hatters Liverpool. It's true. We promise you.

My stay was abdolutely awesome. They provide free coffee at the cafe. There is an en-suite toilet in the room. And they are so clean. So do the linens and duvets.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

We are BEAMING! Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We know the importance of a good cuppa, so we make sure tea and coffee are available for free 24hrs of the day! We also know how important it is to start off a day of Liverpool sightseeing with a nice full belly, so we throw breakfast in for free too! We will also let the housekeepers know that you appreciate their hard work :)They do a fantastic job of keeping our hostel sparkling clean!

The Hatters in Liverpool has one of the highest service ethics I have ever witnessed. I was greeted on arrival (after 11.30 in the evening) as if I was a friend who had been known for years. The linen on the beds was crisp. The corridors had been mopped by the time you'd come back from Breakfast - which in itself could feed an army. I felt the increase in price for the weekend was a bit harsh as the Hostel didn't seem fully at that time. All said I would hold Hatters and staff in high regard.

• 3rd Jul 2014

We greeted you like a friend because that 'my love', is exactly what you are! We love to get to know our guests and often hang out with the cool kids (THAT'S YOU!). Also, let's all say a big thank you to our wonderful housekeeping staff! They're the silent army, the unsung heroes, that keep this place ship-shape and wonderful for our lovely guests!

Great hostel to stay at in Liverpool. The staff was so fun and when they were off duty even hung out with us in the common room a lot. Definitely recommend!

That's because you're awesome and we love you! Thanks for the review! We hope you can come and hang out with us again sometime :D

This was such a fun hostel. As a lone traveller I found it easy to make friends. The facilities are good and everything was clean. Staff were all quite amazing. For a large hotel like hostel I thought it had really good vibes. Free wifi was very fast which is a bonus wherever you go

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Very friendly staffs and security hostel. In additional, had a great breakfast. Very good hostel. I'd recommend!

• 30th Jun 2014

Good hostel in the city centre. Excellent breakfast, friendly staff, clean. I loved their fluffly cat.

That would be Catters! He's our resident cat :) He loves the free breakfast, perfect location and friendly atmosphere of Hatters too, which probably explains why he's been living here for over 4 years! In fact, Catters has just been telling me how much he would LOVE you to come back and see him again! Hopefully see you soon and thanks for the review!

Reception staff was fantastic! Rooms clean and beds comfy. Ensuite which is great but shower drains could work better and a little shelf near the shower head would be helpful. The bar was lively but turn down the music volume, so we can hear ourselves talk.Overall a great stay.

• 23rd Jun 2014

;) great!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Egypt

Very good hostel . :)

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

Woohoo! Thanks for the review. We're sending positive vibes right your way!

Hostel is very well located and valuable for the money. Staff people were polite, kind and always willing to help. Room sufficient to accommodate a short stay. There's one problem: if your room is located in one aisle of the building just in front of an old roof, you will hear seagulls yelling all night long, making thus impossible to fall asleep. This is the only reason why I won't be back at this place. If you can sleep anyways, then is OK.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for the review! Scouse seagulls are party animals and love to sing their hearts out! Personally, we think they're part of the Liverpool charm, especially since Liverpool is port city and Hatters Liverpool is only a 20 minute walk from the beautiful Albert Docks! However, if the seagulls' shanties keep you up at night, we have plenty of earplugs at reception :) Thanks again for the feedback!

I loved Hatters in Liverpool!! Very conveniently located - a 5 min walk from Liverpool Lime Street station, and a 15 min walk from Albert Docks. Love the quirky signs too, made way finding around the building funner. Breakfast (porridge, toast, cereals) was ok, I would have loved some bacon though. Haha

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

WE LOVE BACON TOO!!! However, in order for us to provide a free breakfast for all of our wonderful guests, we sadly had to make a few sacrifices :( Bacon being the biggest one of them! Don't worry though, we have bacon at the weekend for a small charge, along with sausages, eggs, tomatoes, hash browns etc. So we're not completely cruel :)

Downsides: It is very hard and annoying to control the heat temperature at the showers and there are insufficient power sockets at the rooms. Upsides: The bar area is really nice and got billiards, foosball and table tennis. Very nice place to know new people.

Blast those pesky showers! I don't know about you, but personally, I find that using an unfamiliar shower is akin to flying a spaceship. There's so many dials and fiddly bits that I'd rather wash in a bucket. Thankfully, ours are super simple and have a colour-coded dial and everything! However, if your shower was particularly troublesome, you can always ask any member of staff to help you out. (Obviously BEFORE you're sans clothes!)

I enjoyed my stay at Bru Bar. Lots going on but rather quiet when no events were being held.

Nice and cheap place to stay. Good value for money.

• 9th Jun 2014

Cheers for the review! We think you summed us up perfectly :D It would be great to have you back for more fun and frolics at Hatters Liverpool!

Friendly staff , poor shower.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

We're so happy to hear you thought our staff were friendly, because, that my friend, is ABSOLUTELY TRUE! So true in fact, that we are even willing to stand and hose you down in the garden so you can avoid using the shower! (Don't say we don't love you). Jokes aside, if there is ever anything wrong, please let reception staff know straight away. That way, we can fix the issue there and then, and we can all get on with loving life

Dorm beds are ridiculously noisy and in bad need of repair. Moving around at night will wake up everyone else in your room. Pay internet PCs are ancient and extremely slow. Other than that, good location and great staff. Would be a nice place if you took a private room instead of a dorm.

Apologies about the squeaky beds! We have since tightened the frames up, so now you can throw all sorts of shapes without making a sound! Also, point taken about the PC's! Personally, we think they have character, and that MS-DOS is hip these days. I guess we were wrong! However, you'll be glad to know that we're just waiting for our 'Super HD 3D fibre-optic computing systems with inbuilt hologram technology' to be beamed in from the future... Damn that computer salesman! :P

The only thing I've to complain about was that the WI-FY wasn't working while I was in the Hostel. To whom want to be in touch with someone else it's an important factor that should be considered.

• 31st May 2014

When I arrived in my bedroom my bed hadn't been organised. Somebody had used it before or the staff didn't changed the sheets.There was a girl sleeping in my bed and she refused to go to her bed. I had to sleep in the bed on the top and hurt my leg climbing the stairs in the darkness. There were lots of guys drinking whisky/beer in the bedroom. All of them were drunk and screaming in the middle of the night. It was impossible to sleep. The internet didn't work any moment during all the weekend.

• 31st May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Overall, a good stay.

• 30th May 2014