Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Very pretty building and nice staff. Recommended. Will be back

• 24th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel, staff were very friendly and efficient. Also the room was a good size - we had a 6 bed dorm - me and my friends had an amazing time and the atmosphere and design of the hostel is fantastic, no complaints whatsoever and I'll be booking up again when I go back to Liverpool. :)

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Between the staff present, activities available, and the patrons present my stay at hatters Liverpool has without a doubt been my best hostel experience. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Liverpool.

• 18th Feb 2015

2 guys (both 37) on 3 night stay. Very, very noisy all night long every night, no attempt at all to enforce the consideration rules as parties in the corridors go on pretty much all night. "Continental breakfast" was actually cereal, toast, revolting instant coffee and squash (not juice), not a croissant in sight. TV didn't work, and they only had one key for us to share (private twin room). Kitchen poorly equipped, severely limited cooking options. For £15 a night... tolerable - just!

• 16th Feb 2015

Well first off the location is wonderful! You can't really beat it. The staff were very friendly but some of them weren't as helpful as other but still good. When I stayed the entire hostel was getting renovations done to it so it was a little dirty and also caused the wifi to be terrible but I'm sure once renovations are done everything will be great! I was also upgraded to a nicer room because of the renovations so I can't complain! Overall it's a great hostel!

The location and overall atmosphere in the hostel were really good. The breakfast wasn't a blast, but it was ok. The main problem was with the bedroom, the dormitory that I stayed in was very cold and even after complaining with the staff, we had a cold night of sleep.

Great place for right in city centre, supermarket next door, the door would not open of the dorm, took forever!! Security could be little better as a male try come in our room, all not a prob for me as I use to hostels but was little annoying but apart from that great place , stayed there few times now and will use again for a night out!!

Hatters is a great Hostel to stay in.I have stayed there before and will stay there again.THe staff are very helpfull and friendly.it is a nice old building.It is near Lime street train station and the city center and not too far from Albert Docks.

Great place if you are single or its just you and your partner.

• 7th Feb 2015

Stuff stolen from my dorm. Funny smell throughout the building. Dorm smelled heavily of mould, mould all over the walls. Small things like door frames and handles being poorly fitted, showers not clean. I have paid less in other hostels for a much better quality hostel, no value for money here and I would never stay there again.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thanks for the review and we are again so sorry that you had stuff stolen from your belongings. As you are aware the thief was caught by our eagle eyed staff and he was handed over to the Police and was arrested and all items that had been stolen were recovered.The other issues you mention we are unsure about as the room you were in has been newly decorated in the last 2 weeks but if you did have an issue our helpful and approachable staff would have gladly changed your room for you.

Good for people who want to party, but was noisy in the night so if you want a good night sleep not ideal. Clean, comfortable rooms. Good facilities. Would be great if you want to have drinks, meet people, go out and rock up in the early hours!

Thanks for your great review. It can get a little boisterous at times in the hostel but are security staff are always on duty to patrol the corridors at night to ensure there is minimal disruption to other guests. We are happy top here you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again

When we arrived at Hatters, the building was just being painted, hence a very strong and even unhealthy smell of paint in our room and corridor..In our room, the paint was coming off the wall and plaster was lying on the floor. Also, there was quite a bad stench in the bathroom. The hostel was nearly empty, creating an unwelcoming atmosphere. In total, we felt deceived because we got a room which cannot be rented. However, we got back our money.

• 4th Feb 2015

Ohh no!! We are sorry to hear you did not have an amazing experience with us. We aim to make your stay a welcome and happy experience ! Happy to see it was sorted on the day :) Give us another try and we will make it up to you with our notorious good vibes ,nice rooms and clean and comfy building. *And no paint fumes....................., all has no been painted and dried:)

Great location. One complaint we booked for 2 nights and after the first night they told us we had to change rooms so we were meant to pack up our bags and be out of the room by 11. Even though the room was an upgrade we booked 2 nights , not to be kicked out before 11 to change rooms for their convince. The staff were a bit rude knocking constantly and actually banging the door of my back while I was packing on the floor. Also rooms were dirty and dusty in corners of rooms and floors

• 31st Jan 2015

Thanks for the review, Sorry to hear that you were not happy that we offered to upgrade you free of charge from a Dormitory to a Private en suite room with a TV, towels, bottles of water and biscuits. I'm sorry that due to the private rooms already being full on the 1st night we could only offer it to you for the 2nd night. I disagree with your view that the staff were rude. They went out of their way to make you feel welcome and went the extra mile to offer you a free upgrade of your room.

Perfect location, really amazing staff, clean and comfy rooms and beds. Will definitely stay here again!

Wohooooo ! thanks for the kind words Can't wait to have you back till next time ^‿^

Located in the centre of town, walking distance to the main promenade, lime st station, Central station and Albert Docks. Really clean hostel with helpful and nice staff. Would recommend to others!!

Thanks very much for the lovely feedback Don't be a stranger, see you soon ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

This hostel is great. It's massive and really lovely. You can meet a lot of people during your stay in the bar in the hostel. The rooms are big and you have spare space. I do recommend it to anyone!

This is what we like to hear !!! you mad our day :) Happy to see you had a real interactive hostel experience Till next time。◕‿◕。

The hall and the common rooms are awesome, almost like in hotels. The rooms are ok, the toilet is really good and with a great shower! The guy on the check int was a little bit creepy, but definitely not a problem, you'll survive. For sure I would recommend this hostel to people that are visiting Liverpool!

Hahahahaha our poor receptionist he is our little frankenmonster but he is super helpful! Thanks for the review, We are very happy that you had a good time come back anytime ヘ(;´o`)ヘ

The entrance to the hostel is very impressive, as is the bar/breakfast room. However the room we stayed in (4 bed mixed) was not only tiny and difficult to negotiate because of the L-shaped layout, but simple things, like a blind on the window (half a broken blind in our case) and a lockable toilet or working coffee machine at breakfast weren't provided.

Thanks for your review. We are happy you appreciate our amazing and quirky building. It really does take your breath away when you walk in. Sorry you felt your room wasn't up to standard. Our reception team and maintenance team our always on hand to deal with any issues that are reported to us. The main coffee machine was faulty while you were here so that's why we provided kettles and plenty of coffee, tea and hot chocolate which is unlimited and free to all guests 24 hours a day.

Definitely in my top 10 for me

And you are in our top 10! Comeback soon ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

Blown away. Very cool building yo!

Bouya! We like what we hear 😁 Our building brings its vintage appeal to the table 🏩 Happy to see you liked it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5