Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Very helpfull staff! Perfect location 5 minutes walk from city centre. Very happy with my stay there.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great Staff, Poor wifi. Great location, Poor showers. Sort of a hit and miss with this hostel but overall enjoyed it.

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have given our lovely staff the thumbs up! We will definitely take your feedback on board and use it to improve our services in the future. We hope to see you again someday!

This hostel is just near the central station. Since Liverpool is not big, we can go everywhere on foot. It is really easy to find it just after getting off the bus from the airport. If I have an opportunity to go to Liverpool, I will definitely stay at Hotters.

That's a review we really like to see! Liverpool is amazing! Many people think of it as a friendly little town because everything is just so close. It would be fantastic if you could come back and stay with us again!

I would not stay here again. First off, I've never stayed anywhere that gives you assigned beds. I didn't like my assigned bed (top bunk in the middle of the dorm) so I asked to have a different bed that was empty. I was told I couldn't, but that bed stayed empty the whole time I was there so I dunno why I was refused. The hostel is also incredibly noisy at night so I barely slept. Thin walls, floors, and ceilings...you hear every single thing in the whole place.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Wales

Hatters is a vibrant and friendly place, full of people enjoying their visit to Liverpool! If you can't beat them, we say join them! Also, we assign beds solely for the benefit of our guests. By assigning beds, we can make sure that guests who have booked together get to stay in the same room. We always grant requests to change beds, as long as there is availability to do so. Thanks for leaving a review; we value your feedback!

While I was staying there, the hostel was undergoing some major renovations, so the lobby was a bit untidy and the lift wasn't working. Aside from that, and a bit of noise generated by the construction, I really enjoyed my stay. Free breakfast and tea/coffee, clean bright rooms, a bathroom for each room, and friendly, helpful staff all worked together to make a pleasant stay. It is also just a 20 minute walk from the train and bus stations, and slightly more from the waterfront areas.

I enjoyed my stay here again at Hatters. Its located near the Catholic Cathedral and is located near all the attractions of the city! Staff were very helpful and friendly. The only thing I can say is that the showers take a long time to heat up but other than that the facilities in the hostel are excellent and its well worth the stay! I like the fact too that they do organized pub crawls and you can buy tour tickets straight from the hostel at reception too! A top hostel!

Nice hostel! Big rooms and a great location in the city, definitely recommend it!

Well this review has certainly made our day! :) Thank you for leaving us feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future!

The hostel is near every main points in the city. The breakfast and private 3 bedroom was confortable. The staff was very helpful when asked. They even let was wait in a confortable place for hte check in because we arrived too early in the morning (5 AM). The only thing bad was that the recepcionist told us the Beatles museum tickect was cheaper in the hostel than in the museum, but wasn´t, it was even expensive cause included betales+Elvis exposition, and we only wanted Beatles.

Excellent place to stay!!!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

We 100% agree! Therefore, we are 100% certain that you should come back to visit us again! Thanks for leaving a review! We love it when our guests enjoy themselves, so you've just put huge smiles on our faces :D

Location is excellent in the center of the city. The staff were nice. Free computers with internet should be a standard - now they make you pay. Free wifi was working in a very limited area and not very well. We had only cold water in showers all the time we spend there, didn't matter if it was morning or afternoon. Otherwise a nice hostel!

well the female dorm's bathroom has little jam problem with the drain at the sink and showering place, hope the hostel can fix that.

I booked an 8 bed dorm and they upgraded me to a 6 bed for free just because it was a little more quiet in the 6 bed. That was nice. The room was clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was good. Good location and good value for money. Only gripe was no free WiFi (that I could find).

It's a big place, so youre likely to meet at least a few people. The hostel common room is big, but was often empty, so not very welcoming. Overall though, the place had everything you'd need except wifi in your room

Comfortable beds, good location and very friendly staff. Just beware of large groups arriving for nights out over Friday and the weekend, especially if you're in a larger dorm, as they can make a hell of a racket. Overall, the hostel is good value for money if you need a cheap place to stay!

• 19th Feb 2014

Thanks for the review! Some of our large groups can get a bit rowdy at the weekend! They just can't contain their excitement when they stay at Hatters Liverpool! Don't worry though, we do have rules in place to prevent disturbances, especially after 11pm. All of our groups are asked to sign a code of conduct on arrival. If they don't sign, they can't stay! Thanks again!

Nice and friendly staff, nice building. Strangely enough there was a smell of horse in the hallways though.. No lockers in the rooms. Convenient with en suite rooms, but mold at the bathroom.

Thanks for the review!...We wondered where our pony went! On a serious note, we have been having renovation work done on our reception area, so the combination of sawdust and wet cement may have been the culprit! Thankfully, the work is finally finished and the place looks awesome! You should definitely come and check it out some time!

Very good location. Facilities good. Room smelled bad. Only lockers are on the ground floor and too small to fit my rucksack in.

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear what our guests think! It seems that maybe you were unaware of our luggage room, which is free to use 24 hrs a day. That is definitely big enough to fit your rucksack in! Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about the smell in your room! A group of people sleeping in the same room for several hours always has the potential to cause a subtle hint of body aroma :P It's nothing a spritz of air freshener can't fix though! Thanks again!

This was my second stay at Hatters Liverpool and I´m sure it wasn´t the last one.

Woohoo! Great to hear it! We look forward to seeing you again :) Thanks for the review!

Hatters Hostels was a rip off. Our room was always freezing, the showers were cold and bunk beds kept squeaking like crazy even if you only moved your arm slightly. One girl who worked during the days of the weekend we were there was very friendly. However the rest of the staff were so rude. Especially the male staff member any time you asked him anything he would role his eyes and question on why you were asking him? He displayed no customer service skills and had an attitude.

Thank you for the review! It is a shame to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here. Can I ask, did you mention anything to staff whilst you were here? We would have been very happy to change your room. The beds are easily fixed by tightening the screws, so we have fixed that problem now. We will also be looking into what happened during your stay which made you dislike our staff :( We hope you come back some time so we can make it up to you!

It was very good but there is two things that I'd like to say. There is no internet in the bedrooms for free and the building is being repair so it's a little bit dirty

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Enjoyed your breakfast!! Thx, all in all, I had a lovely stay! :D

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Austria

Woohoo! We're glad to hear it! We love the breakfast too, especially at the weekend when we can feed our hungry bellies with a cooked breakfast from our fabulous chef! Thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4