Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Amazing location....was quiet in common room when there but no fault of hostels, check in quick and easy...would definitely stay again Breakfast ideal aswell continental ....full English £5 charge Overall very happy

• 12th Jul 2014

The room we were staying was stuffy.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

One of the best hostel I have stayed. Staff is great, room are clean and you will find there all services you might need. Excellent hostel.

Not much to say about. See the other reviews. The hostel is great and the best I've stayed in during my UK-trip. Everything as it should be.

Great spot!

It's a common misunderstanding amongst the general public, that when Tony the Tiger shouts 'They're GRRRREAT!', he is referring to cornflakes.In actual fact, Tony is referring to Hatters Liverpool. It's true. We promise you.

My stay was abdolutely awesome. They provide free coffee at the cafe. There is an en-suite toilet in the room. And they are so clean. So do the linens and duvets.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

We are BEAMING! Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We know the importance of a good cuppa, so we make sure tea and coffee are available for free 24hrs of the day! We also know how important it is to start off a day of Liverpool sightseeing with a nice full belly, so we throw breakfast in for free too! We will also let the housekeepers know that you appreciate their hard work :)They do a fantastic job of keeping our hostel sparkling clean!

The Hatters in Liverpool has one of the highest service ethics I have ever witnessed. I was greeted on arrival (after 11.30 in the evening) as if I was a friend who had been known for years. The linen on the beds was crisp. The corridors had been mopped by the time you'd come back from Breakfast - which in itself could feed an army. I felt the increase in price for the weekend was a bit harsh as the Hostel didn't seem fully at that time. All said I would hold Hatters and staff in high regard.

• 3rd Jul 2014

We greeted you like a friend because that 'my love', is exactly what you are! We love to get to know our guests and often hang out with the cool kids (THAT'S YOU!). Also, let's all say a big thank you to our wonderful housekeeping staff! They're the silent army, the unsung heroes, that keep this place ship-shape and wonderful for our lovely guests!

This year I decided to stay longer to enjoy a unique atmosphere of this hostel and explore numerous attractions of Liverpool. I found the lobby and dining room of the hostel studiously refurbished that underlined building’s historical charm. The staff were friendly and competent again and international football fans made watching the World Cup tournament more exciting. I can unreservedly recommend the Hatters Hostel to anyone who likes meeting (mostly) young people from the six continents. T.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Poland

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us! It's always great to see our guests and staff getting to know one another and form friendships. We will remember you as our favourite poet, and hope that you will return to Hatters Liverpool very soon!

Great hostel to stay at in Liverpool. The staff was so fun and when they were off duty even hung out with us in the common room a lot. Definitely recommend!

That's because you're awesome and we love you! Thanks for the review! We hope you can come and hang out with us again sometime :D

This was such a fun hostel. As a lone traveller I found it easy to make friends. The facilities are good and everything was clean. Staff were all quite amazing. For a large hotel like hostel I thought it had really good vibes. Free wifi was very fast which is a bonus wherever you go

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Very friendly staffs and security hostel. In additional, had a great breakfast. Very good hostel. I'd recommend!

• 30th Jun 2014

One of the coolest hostels I have stayed at! you really get what you pay for;) - excellent staff! - perfect location - The room was very big, cozy, and clean -

• 29th Jun 2014

Good hostel in the city centre. Excellent breakfast, friendly staff, clean. I loved their fluffly cat.

That would be Catters! He's our resident cat :) He loves the free breakfast, perfect location and friendly atmosphere of Hatters too, which probably explains why he's been living here for over 4 years! In fact, Catters has just been telling me how much he would LOVE you to come back and see him again! Hopefully see you soon and thanks for the review!

Reception staff was fantastic! Rooms clean and beds comfy. Ensuite which is great but shower drains could work better and a little shelf near the shower head would be helpful. The bar was lively but turn down the music volume, so we can hear ourselves talk.Overall a great stay.

• 23rd Jun 2014

;) great!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Egypt

Very good hostel . :)

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

Woohoo! Thanks for the review. We're sending positive vibes right your way!

Hostel is very well located and valuable for the money. Staff people were polite, kind and always willing to help. Room sufficient to accommodate a short stay. There's one problem: if your room is located in one aisle of the building just in front of an old roof, you will hear seagulls yelling all night long, making thus impossible to fall asleep. This is the only reason why I won't be back at this place. If you can sleep anyways, then is OK.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for the review! Scouse seagulls are party animals and love to sing their hearts out! Personally, we think they're part of the Liverpool charm, especially since Liverpool is port city and Hatters Liverpool is only a 20 minute walk from the beautiful Albert Docks! However, if the seagulls' shanties keep you up at night, we have plenty of earplugs at reception :) Thanks again for the feedback!

I loved Hatters in Liverpool!! Very conveniently located - a 5 min walk from Liverpool Lime Street station, and a 15 min walk from Albert Docks. Love the quirky signs too, made way finding around the building funner. Breakfast (porridge, toast, cereals) was ok, I would have loved some bacon though. Haha

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

WE LOVE BACON TOO!!! However, in order for us to provide a free breakfast for all of our wonderful guests, we sadly had to make a few sacrifices :( Bacon being the biggest one of them! Don't worry though, we have bacon at the weekend for a small charge, along with sausages, eggs, tomatoes, hash browns etc. So we're not completely cruel :)

Downsides: It is very hard and annoying to control the heat temperature at the showers and there are insufficient power sockets at the rooms. Upsides: The bar area is really nice and got billiards, foosball and table tennis. Very nice place to know new people.

Blast those pesky showers! I don't know about you, but personally, I find that using an unfamiliar shower is akin to flying a spaceship. There's so many dials and fiddly bits that I'd rather wash in a bucket. Thankfully, ours are super simple and have a colour-coded dial and everything! However, if your shower was particularly troublesome, you can always ask any member of staff to help you out. (Obviously BEFORE you're sans clothes!)

I enjoyed my stay at Bru Bar. Lots going on but rather quiet when no events were being held.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4