Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

The hostel is comfortable and with good atmosphere, the staf is very friendly, the rooms are clean, good size and beautiful designs in general; I like so much the message painted on the wall. The breakfast was nice !! . Excellent ubication is near of all touristics places.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Colombia

Really appreciated the free towels!!

Very good hostel and very central to everything in the city centre.

Overall it was a good stay. The dorms felt dirty and old though. They looked nothing like I had seen in the photos. The ensuite could also do with a bit of an upkeep. Staff were great though and there was a good atmosphere downstairs in the bar.

My assigned bed was dirty upon arrival, and the room was quite small and dirty as well. Bathroom soaps and floor towels were never changed, trash wasn't taken out, etc. Our room was broken into during our stay, and although nothing was taken, the door to the room was wide open and the trim was busted off the door frame. After someone came to "fix" it, the man at the reception desk assured us that the hostel was safe, but that the door had been broken many times before. Internet hardly useable.

Thanks for the feedback. We had a look at CCTV and no- one other than allocated guests entered the room so maybe someone opened the door a bit to enthusiastically ?? Sorry about the beds we make sure that all the beads are clean but sometimes when you are in bigger dorms like this the other guests just take beds as they please ......hmffffff Seems everything was sorted as soon as we were notified try us again sometime

If I can offer any advice, it would be do NOT stay here during the Grand National meeting at Aintree. The hostel was completely full of disrespectful drunk guys who kept me up all night with the lights on, talking, farting, burping.. I checked out after the first night of my intended 3 night stay. The staff were nice but only gave me a refund for 1 night due to 24hr cancellation policy. I'm sure it's a nice place when there is a backpacker crowd. Just don't do it to yourself during the National

Thanks for the feedback, happy to see the staff did help you out. Part of the appeal of a backpackers hostel is the random selection of people but yes each event brings in a tide of different people. It is a bit like a chocolate box and sometime you get the orange one uggggg. Come visit us again on a normal week and experience the true essence of Hatters ( ゚▽゚)/

its ok. but there really is no atmosphere here. i spent 5 days and i never saw anyone in the garden, kitchen or other common areas although it was fully booked. sad place - especially if compared to the very good hatters in birmingham and manchester!

Thanks for your review. You are correct there were very few guests inside while you were staying. The weekend you stayed is the busiest weekend of the year with the Grand National taking place. Traditionally almost all our guests are out at the horse racing all day and then venture into the city in the evening for all the lively entertainment that is on offer. The weather was fantastic and the sun was shinning all weekend so the atmosphere in the city centre was electric an th best place to be.

This hostel is absolutely fantastic! The building is amazing and it looks like a medieval castle. Although the building is very old, the interior of the place is modern and the decoration is beautiful. It has all the social amenities you would expect from a hostel: common room, games room, a bar, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, garden and much more, and all of them are fantastic. I slept in a four beds bedroom and, although the room was kinda small, it was very clean, cosy and comfortable,

Thanks for the lovely review! Our building was built in the 1870's but has a newly decorated interior and guess what there is more addition to come so keep an eye on us See you again soon ー( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Service was good but just a little pricey compared to other hostels

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks fro the comments - Service with a more genuine smile you will struggle to find. check out our website for special offers and come visit us again soon

The location was perfect. But the room and the washroom was not clean enough. One of the light in the washroom was broken but nobody fix it

Thanks for the feedback, we do have a super location you can walk anywhere from here. You were in one of our big dorms and although we clean it twice daily some times other guests can be a tiny bit messy but we have a 24hr reception that will sort it out for you ps. always let us know if something is not working so we can fix it pronto Happy to see you had a good time till next time :)

Staying 2 nights in the 8 bed female dorm (ensuite), everything's fine except that the room is really small and it's quite inconvenient especially when everyone is in the room at night.

Thanks for the feedback we will take that on board, happy to see you had a great time. Don't be a stranger ᴖ◡ᴖ

I have to say I had the most amazing time ever.. We will def come back to Liverpool we had two ensure rooms and they were great value for money.. They were clean and everything was working.. The staff are so friendly and we met people from everywhere and had a class time.. Until next time..

Completely satisfied customer check ✓.......... Bucket list complete ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Come back soon and thanks for taking the time to review us

Gorgeous breakfast! Staffs are helpful with trip advises. Beautiful environment.

Thanks for the feedback φ(*⌒▽⌒)ノ

Generally really good. Radiator in bedroom didnt appear to work. Free breakfast was added bonus. Downstairs toilets couldve been cleaner. Staff were excellent, really helpful and friendly. Cool hostel, good value for money.

Thanks for the review, we will check up on the cleanliness it is something we take very serious. Happy to see you had a good experience with us hopefully we meet again ৵( °͜ °৵)

Great location! We stayed in a private room that was decent enough for 4 nights stay. Hostel was also quiet - we were able to sleep well ('cos we were partly on a business trip). The breakfast is typical hostel breakfast, nothing special, but it's nice that it's included on the price. Nice budget accomodation and easy to walk everywhere in the central Liverpool.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Thanks for the feedback, happy to see you had a lovely stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast - just enough to start the day right ;) You are right every thing is just a short walk form us ! Till next time ^‿^

I had a wonderful stay. We were in a 4 person room, 1st night we had the whole room to ourselves and second night we shared with thankfully two clean guys. The bathroom was top notch everything was functioning including the heater and hot water, the bunk was easy to climb and sleep on and I loved the lockers in the room for peace of mind. Thankyou hatters for a good stay.

Thanks for the review. we are happy to hear you had a good time and some good room mates .Hope we see you again soon(ノ゚▽゚)ノ

I had a great time there. However, the front door was kept unlocked at night when i returned late and left right early for a bus. It didn't bother me, but I had to show my pass at the hatters in Manchester, not in liverpool. Also, there is considerable mold on the shower curtain in my room. It may be wise to replace it. Again, i'm not picky and had a great stay.

Thanks for the review, we check the showers daily that has been sorted now. We have CCTV and new locks so you can feel super secure. Happy to see you had a good time any way , come back soon :)

We only stayed one night but had a very good experience. Most of all because of Bell, a guy from the staff who gave us a lovely room when we realised our roommates were... hmmm, a little bit messy. He was really nice and understanding, and he even invited us a beer. Thank you very much Bell, you are awesome!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Uruguay

Thanks for the feedback, you made Bell blush :) happy to see our staff went the extra mile to make sure you have a lovely time that is what we are about . hope we see you again soon

Three of us arrived Friday for a weekend in Liverpool, we were greeted by a young female member of staff. She was pleasant and helpful. However as we walked in to our room there a guy was smoking weed in d room and drinkin alcohol. We discovered he was from the locality. Although he seemed o.k. we discovered later that one of my friends had his new jacket stolen. It would not surprise us if it was the same man I just talked about. Furthermore the room was freezing and the toilets were dreadful.

• 20th Mar 2015

Thanks for the feedback, we are not in the habit of making assumptions proof before finger pointing. Please always tell us if something is not the norm , we do not tolerate any illegal activities and it is an immediate ban from our property. You are welcome to get in touch if you want to discuss this further liverpool@hattersgroup.com

I only stayed there for a couple of nights, but I still found it frustrating that the wifi did not reach the room I was in, which was at the end of the ground floor hallway. Also, the light in the ensuite bathroom went out. Overall, however, I was content with the accommodations and the location was great for everything I wanted to do.

Guess what we heard what you were saying ( thanks for the feedback) and voila - we have new super fiber optical WIFi ( sounds like something you can have for breakfast ) every where in the hostel. Come visit us again soon and you can now skype us from the room if you have any questions ("',)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4