Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

It was really nice, very good location, nice room (double twin ensuite) and breakfast. Good value for money. I only wish the kitchen was cleaner and there was wi-fi available in the rooms. The one available downstairs could be better, too.

Great vibe

great, helpful staff, comfy beds. wifi only in designated areas and constantly disconnecting after 15 min. don't know why...everythink else fine.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean as were the showers which was a nice change from the other hostels I've been in! Good location, close to a lot of pubs and within walking distance of the Cavern Club! They also do a Beatles taxi tour which you can write your name down with other guests to get a cheaper price, which is great for solo travellers.

Beds were incredibly squeaky, bathrooms dirty, showers are super tiny and the shower heads work terribly. Wifi only works in the common rooms. NO WIFI IN ROOMS.

• 13th Sep 2014

Fun place to stay in Liverpool. Lockers were more like safety boxes. The room we stayed in had 6 beds which is the right number for me. Bathrooms were clean and were in each room

Asked a map in the reception hoping the guys would be happy to give directions for the main attractions (as usual in hostels) etc... I have only received a poor bus tour map and the guy in the reception was not happy to give it to me...neither even a smile... He only can be the owner of the place otherwise shouldn't be working in a hostel. Well I end up going to ask for a free map in another hostel they gave to me and they were happy to give directions...and I didn't have to sleep there...

Thanks for the feedback. We are not sure were the bus map came from as we only have city centre maps and lots of them available all around the reception area. If you ever have any problems please come talk to us we are here 24/7 and always willing to help with a smile obviously :) See you again soon.

Cool hostel with nights such as movie night, bbq etc. Friendly staff and good atmosphere.

With a smile on our face we curtsy to your praise:) Much Appreciated. We have events on every day of the week and we love letting the good vibes flow. Mon - Movies nights from FREE POPCORN ! Tue - Free FOOD night Wed - Drinking GAMES who is the MASTER of table tennis?Thurs- Hatters FREE mini PUB crawl, we show you where all the cheap drinks are hidden Fri- HATTERS BAR CRAWL - All out Party! bring your flats because we will be DANCING:)Our team says thanks and let's do it again some time

The rooms are nice and clean. You get a good atmosphere down at the bar. The only bad thing is that they don't have lockers in the rooms and the day i got there, a guy had been stolen while was out of the hostel. The staff wasn't so great either. They didn't seem to be very interested in helping us.

Thanks for your review! No one was reported missing so we can only assume he made his way back :) We have lockers in most of dorms but if your room does not have one we have more at reception and also a locked secure luggage room for bigger items.(We have CCTV everywhere) We love helping our guests please come chat too us we would love to tell where to go, where to eat what to do etc. The bar is lively place we love it and on Thursdays we run a free pubcrawl:) Give us another chance.See you soon

We had a really lovely time at Hatters. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and were able to tell us about great places to eat and visit in town. Also the hostel was able to offer brilliant discounts on things to do, such as the Shiverpool ghost tour, the city tour bus and many other treats. We were also happy with the communal areas and enjoyed the communal breakfast provided. For a Budget Hostel we were really impressed. Lovely room, decent prices, good all round. Thanks Hatters!

• 27th Aug 2014

Thank you so much for you lovely review that made our day! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay , your room and the Shivering Saunters that is Shiverpool we always try to get deals for our guests. Our lovely Hatters Breaky is our gift to you so that you can start your day full of energy. Looking forward to see you again sometime:)

The place was really clean and nice ! Lots of choices for the breakfast The person who wlecomed us was really knowledgeable about Liverpool and places to see.

• 26th Aug 2014

Staff were awesome. I had a problem with one of the rooms and the guy there helped me out and moved rooms around for me. Facilities were good, location was awesome. Breakfast standard but good. Only issue would be the security. There is no security except for on the bedroom dorms, as a result ANYONE on the street can walk into the hostel. Someone had laptop stolen while I was there so just be careful with your stuff. I saw another lady walk into the kitchen, steal food and then ask me for money.

Thanks for the review! Good to see we could be your knight in shining armor.So happy too see you enjoyed your stay. We do have CCTV everywhere (Orwell was right, Big Brother is Watching!).We advise all guests to lock away valuable items in security lockers (Free to use) most of the time if things go missing they turn up again this phenomenon is known as Hostel wormholes. We dealt with the lady in question (Not in a HOSTEL movie way! We got the city carers too look after her) See you again soon.

The room (and toilet) in which I stayed was pretty dirty and disordered, obviously due to the people staying there. The breakfast caused me stomachache...

Hi hi, we appreciate that you took the time to review us. You stayed in one of our bigger dorms so sometimes it can get a bit messy depending on who is staying (Even though we clean it daily) but come to our 24h reception and we will send our own Kim and Aggie team to brighten it up. Breaky - Tea, Coffee, Toast, Muffins, Yogurts and Cereal- is always a hit but if you feel under the weather at any time come see us at the desk and we will sing 'Soft Kitty' to you.

Will be back ASAP. =)

That's what we want to hear! Will get the tea ready for you! :)

Is a very nice hostel, clean and amazing! Near to the centre, near to every touristic point. I recomend for sure!

This review made our day! You are Awesome! We are so close to everything you can happily stroll anywhere from here! Cleanliness and friendliness is what you get for choosing to stay with us! Come back soon :)

My girlfriend and I got a private room, it was almost £80 but the sheets were clean and the bed was nice. The view was awesome from the room. The bathroom was nice and modern

• 16th Aug 2014

To you we say THANK YOU! We like our linen cleaner than DazWhites! Our beds come topped with super comfy memory foam for all your sleeping needs. We also love that you can see the cityscape of Liverpool and all his moods. Don't be a stranger.

It's a great and nice hostel full of young people with all facilities and comfortable beds. The personal is also excellent. And is placed in the city center. So I would repeat without any doubt.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Eureka we did it again! You had a great time and that was all we wanted! We do have all the facilities you need a bit like a home away from home,comfort and cleanliness at the forefront. Our lovely reception team loves helping out or even just nattering. We can't wait to see you again!

The hostel is really friendly, good atmosphere. The only negative point the internet doesn't work in the rooms, only in reception and bar.

We do set a good mood and we are happy to see you enjoyed it ! There is Wifi in the rooms at a small additional charge but in the bar and reception area we provide free Wifi.

This isn't a hostel, this is like a nice hotel aimed at young people and travelers. My room was clean, the bathroom was clean and lots of hot water. Breakfast and wifi ; not bad!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for the review! You are right we have hotel standard and hostel vibes ! We cater for all ages and love the fact we can woo you with our cleanliness and friendliness! Don't be a stranger:)

heaps of people around most days and it is pretty easy to meet other guys travelling. positive in every way

• 10th Aug 2014

Right on! There is always is buzz here and we love when people form all over the world meet we like to think of ourselves as the platform for new beginnings or something less dramatic.... come back soon

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6