Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Offers everything you would expect from a hostel.

The 14 people room is too small and too dirty. Besides,there're only two showers. There weren't useful lockers neither. On the other hand, breakfast was really nice and it's sited in good place.

Amazing facilities. The bar was great, and the entire downstairs common room was a good place to hang out. The room itself was not bad, it was extremely smelly; like an unwashed body from the Victorian Era. But all-in-all, it was good. Free breakfast in the morning was a plus.

Good atmosphere and common rooms, breakfast was great. A safe and wifi in the room would have been good but apart from that I had a really nice stay. Breakfast was a highlight as I was just expecting maybe some toast. The only other issue was the bathrooms didn't look very clean however could have been because the paint was flaking (I think if they were repainted it would look great) Other than that I thought it was really good value and a great location, thanks guys!

• 25th Jul 2015

The building, facilities, and initial impression...awesome! The breakfasts...best ever! The room atmosphere? I almost had to leave! Very noisy and inconsiderate. Playing loud music when my son was trying to sleep and talking very loudly, slamming doors, hopping in to bed with each other. I've never been so uncomfortable I all the hostels I've stayed!

Nothing but good things to say! Extremely affordable, great location and a hotel-like atmosphere. Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

This is a nice hostel. It's pretty big, it is in an old church. I stayed in a 8 person dorm. The people in the dorm were super nice. We had our own bathroom which was nice, if we were all on the same schedule it might have been difficult with only one but we did not have any issues. The free towel was awesome and appreciated. They have a bar and restraunt right there where they serve a free breakfast in the morning. Laundry, kitchen, garden/outside area. Only smaller lockers in the room.

Overall a good hostel, but the bathroom and shower were horrible. They weren't cleaned during my 2-day stay there as far as I could tell.

Overall a good hostel, specially considering it's in the UK. My room was ok, but smelled a little bit bad, but I think I was unlucky with some of my roommates. It didn't have lockers in the room which made kind of annoying that every time i need to get/store something I had to go to the reception. The facilities were very good, with a huge bar and several common rooms. Location is very handy as well, just a few minutes walking to the main streets. I had a good time, and I'll be back!

Location was absolutely perfect! Atmosphere was really good on my stay which is huge for the overall experience for me whilst traveling. Rooms are a bit small but this is a hostel so definitely can't complain and the place is quite big an open with good areas to meet others. Hopefully will be back again! Thursday night pub crawl was ace also.

• 15th Jul 2015

good breakfast.

The hostel charges one pound for 20 mins for using the computer that is expensive. Wifi is free but not all the guests bring the laptop on the trip. I wanted to check and send an e-mail and I did it in the Central Library finally.

Though we didn't stay here long it was a good hostel. Although, we did find the 8 person rooms to be very cramped and no one followed the bed assignment so it was kind of annoying.

It was alright. Very nice location and big plus for the breakfast. Not the cleanest but certainly not the worst either. We were very surprised when we were given the key to the luggage room to pick up stuff by ourselves, that's the only reason why we can't give a full A for security.

Yeah so I have no idea why this Hostel got such a great rating. Don't be fooled by the hospitable and classy looking lobby, because the rooms were awful. That being said, if you really like the "peeling-walled -prison" look, this hostel is for you. Although, I must say the location in regards to the train station was really nice, and it was fairly cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. In my opinion, you can find much better hostels in the immediate area for the money you pay.

Nice hostel with very friendly stuff. They recommended us the museums in liverpool and where to eat. The only thing one could note is that we booked a 4 bed dorm for females and suddenly there came 2 guys in our room. However, were nice and we had a good time with them. Furhermore the bathroom was very big and clean and the beds were comfortable.

Very good breakfast and staff!

Had a great time there! I was only there one night but the guy at reception was very helpful when I asked him for advice. Free dinner was a plus and the breakfast was basic but not bad at all, especially since it's free! Location was only 10 minute or less walk from the major bar areas. Wifi in the room was decent and having the bathroom in the room was good. Plenty of outlets and good kitchen!

*⁎ᎢℋᎪɳᏦ ᎩӫᏌ⁎*⋆ We really appreciate you taking the time to review us come back soon

Location (5min walking from the two train stations and beautiful building) are the two points. Rooms dirty (bathroom not cleaned everyday in a dorm), kitchen dark, stinky and very dirty too. Staff (exception of one girl) not ihelpfull dangerously looking at the back of your credit card during check-in. Breakfast continental with choice but bad coffee and hot chocolate. Kind of creepy place!

Ohh boyo! please always tell us we are here 24/7 and happy to help all areas gets cleaned daily but if it did get messy later in the day do tell us we are here for you - till next time

I felt so safe there. Any questions I had got answered, and I wasn't very paranoid that my belongings were going to get stolen. It was a very good choice for my first stay in a Hostel. I'm glad I chose to stay there.

Thanks so much for the lovely review we are happy to see you enjoyed your first stay in a hostel - it is the best way to travel :) Come visit us again soon

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6