Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

You cant lock your luggage in your room! Its exist just one big Luggageroom for everyone, so everyone can take his luggage without the Hostelpersonnel! :( The Hostel is Expensiv. The Rooms are dirty. You can hear everything from outside. But the Breakfast is great. The Hostelpersonnels are nice and Friendly. Its in the center of Liverpool.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Lovely staff and a great location, easy walking distance to all the major sites. The breakfast was yummy too. The room itself is ok, comfy bed, however a condom packet (used) was under my bed, so I think a little more attention could be taken with cleanliness as it's not the nicest item to accidental pick up. I was impressed with all the plug sockets, which is a bonus in a 4 bedroom, more than enough for everyone

The staff are so nice and the room are clean. However the door lock inside the washroom doesn't work sometime and you have to climb out from the toilet

I think the sinks in the shower was the main annoying thing. It's almost blocked. Otherwise other things are ok. Staff friendly and location very close to all the main stations.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Republic of South Sudan

Thanks for your kind words about our friendly staff. See you again soon!

Free food nights are a great idea:)

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed our free food night on Tuesday's and we hope you'll be back soon.

This hostel slightly disappointed in the fact that the bar only opens on Fri/Sat nights. Also, no other toilet facilities other than in the rooms. Actually the rooms were okay, i suppose, the lockers could have been better and maybe bigger bins in the bathrooms. Unfortunately, i had one of the messiest and loudest snorers ever in my room. The hostel (s) are for tourists, not so much for students/workers! No good moaning at nights, get a single room if a student or worker! The breakfast was good

Thanks for your comments. We do have washroom facilities in our public areas, so on your next visit please be sure to ask a staff member to point them out for you. Also, we want every guest to enjoy their stay so if there's anything at all we can do to make things more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to let us know.

even if the location is good, the room and the staff was unbearable... I stayed in a 10 person extra dirty room in the basement with only 1 toilet and 1 shower. the room had 2 tiny little windows close to the ceiling which were kept closed, of course. when asked to open them, a very rude guy at the reception told me that that was not possible and that basically "it was not his problem", i mean really, c'mon... to be fair the only kind staff person was a spanish black hair girl at the reception

Thanks for your feedback. We take cleanliness very seriously, so on your next visit please don't hesitate to let us know right away if there's anything at all that's not up to the standards you would expect.

I had already been a couple of years ago and I think some refurbishment really helped the look of the hostel. I was quite happy to find out WiFi was available on the floors as well as in the hall.

Thanks for your kind comments! 'Til next time.

Good breakfast included in nice room. I stayed in an 8-bed with ensuite and it was clean and tidy. Good location.

Thanks for your review. See you again soon!

Good place to stay. Close to bar and pubs with lots live music. The weeknight activities are a good way to meet people

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed our social atmosphere and prime location!

Hostel is really close to the nice city centre, staff is very friendly. Hostel was almost fully booked when I stayed, but not much people were hanging out in the common room. I did meet some cool people though, so therefore average for atmosphere. Enough lockers (own lock) inside and outside your room. Kitchen was extremely clean and spacious, the bedroom somewhat less. Good hostel.

Thanks for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

The rooms were absolutely rank; the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages and I don't think my bed was freshly made. Very poor, can't recommend.

Thanks for your feedback. We take cleanliness very seriously, so on your next visit please be sure to let us know if there's anything at all that's not up to the standards you would expect. Hope to see you again soon!

not supper clean toilet in the 4 dorm, very narrow bedroom, but it was good enough in general

Place is cool but the rooms are very dirt, showers doesn't work very well. The food is free but could be better. Location is good if you like walking.

Thanks for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our great location. On your next visit please let us know right away if there's anything that's not up to the cleanliness level you would expect, and we'll get it sorted straight away.

This hostel had a definite opportunity to be very social (large bar, multiple common areas) but no one seemed particularly interested in socializing, even the staff. When asked about the pub crawl, the man at reception said "There's one guy who knows what's going on. He should be there soon." If you're traveling in groups it would be great, but as a solo traveler, not so much.

Thanks for your feedback. Apologies for the confusion regarding the pub crawl. We normally run it each Friday and Saturday night, so be sure to sign up during your next visit at any of our hostels.

Hatters is in a great spot if you're just getting to Liverpool. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was great. I didn't feel safe leaving my stuff in my room so I left it in the locked luggage room for the duration of my stay. Other than a couple power outs in the kitchen I had no serious issues with Hatters.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments. We're glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and friendly staff, and we hope to see you again.

The bathroom for the big dorms could use a clean and update. Breakfast was basic but free so can't complain about that. I loved free for Tuesday brilliant idea.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed the free breakfast and food on Tuesdays. See you again soon.

The boy who is working in the reception is not polite.No wifi in rooms. Beds are very noise and uncontable .

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Thanks for your feedback. The Wifi should work in the rooms and common areas, so on your next visit please don't hesitate to ask our staff if you need assistance connecting to the network.

Overall good experience, no real complaints. Loved the kitty on site.

Thanks for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon.

This a good hostel for people who want someone to go out drinking with. The room I was in was very cramped and there was nowhere to put your bags. There were small lockers to put a few things in, but that was it. One of the showers in the room only had scalding hot water because the temperature control was broken, and the other one so small I could hardly move (and I'm quite short and small). The common areas and the kitchen were nice, and they have a cat who's super friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6