Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

My assigned bed was dirty upon arrival, and the room was quite small and dirty as well. Bathroom soaps and floor towels were never changed, trash wasn't taken out, etc. Our room was broken into during our stay, and although nothing was taken, the door to the room was wide open and the trim was busted off the door frame. After someone came to "fix" it, the man at the reception desk assured us that the hostel was safe, but that the door had been broken many times before. Internet hardly useable.

If I can offer any advice, it would be do NOT stay here during the Grand National meeting at Aintree. The hostel was completely full of disrespectful drunk guys who kept me up all night with the lights on, talking, farting, burping.. I checked out after the first night of my intended 3 night stay. The staff were nice but only gave me a refund for 1 night due to 24hr cancellation policy. I'm sure it's a nice place when there is a backpacker crowd. Just don't do it to yourself during the National

its ok. but there really is no atmosphere here. i spent 5 days and i never saw anyone in the garden, kitchen or other common areas although it was fully booked. sad place - especially if compared to the very good hatters in birmingham and manchester!

Thanks for your review. You are correct there were very few guests inside while you were staying. The weekend you stayed is the busiest weekend of the year with the Grand National taking place. Traditionally almost all our guests are out at the horse racing all day and then venture into the city in the evening for all the lively entertainment that is on offer. The weather was fantastic and the sun was shinning all weekend so the atmosphere in the city centre was electric an th best place to be.

This hostel is absolutely fantastic! The building is amazing and it looks like a medieval castle. Although the building is very old, the interior of the place is modern and the decoration is beautiful. It has all the social amenities you would expect from a hostel: common room, games room, a bar, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, garden and much more, and all of them are fantastic. I slept in a four beds bedroom and, although the room was kinda small, it was very clean, cosy and comfortable,

Service was good but just a little pricey compared to other hostels

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks fro the comments - Service with a more genuine smile you will struggle to find. check out our website for special offers and come visit us again soon

The location was perfect. But the room and the washroom was not clean enough. One of the light in the washroom was broken but nobody fix it

Thanks for the feedback, we do have a super location you can walk anywhere from here. You were in one of our big dorms and although we clean it twice daily some times other guests can be a tiny bit messy but we have a 24hr reception that will sort it out for you ps. always let us know if something is not working so we can fix it pronto Happy to see you had a good time till next time :)

Staying 2 nights in the 8 bed female dorm (ensuite), everything's fine except that the room is really small and it's quite inconvenient especially when everyone is in the room at night.

I have to say I had the most amazing time ever.. We will def come back to Liverpool we had two ensure rooms and they were great value for money.. They were clean and everything was working.. The staff are so friendly and we met people from everywhere and had a class time.. Until next time..

Gorgeous breakfast! Staffs are helpful with trip advises. Beautiful environment.

Generally really good. Radiator in bedroom didnt appear to work. Free breakfast was added bonus. Downstairs toilets couldve been cleaner. Staff were excellent, really helpful and friendly. Cool hostel, good value for money.

Great location! We stayed in a private room that was decent enough for 4 nights stay. Hostel was also quiet - we were able to sleep well ('cos we were partly on a business trip). The breakfast is typical hostel breakfast, nothing special, but it's nice that it's included on the price. Nice budget accomodation and easy to walk everywhere in the central Liverpool.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Finland

I had a wonderful stay. We were in a 4 person room, 1st night we had the whole room to ourselves and second night we shared with thankfully two clean guys. The bathroom was top notch everything was functioning including the heater and hot water, the bunk was easy to climb and sleep on and I loved the lockers in the room for peace of mind. Thankyou hatters for a good stay.

I had a great time there. However, the front door was kept unlocked at night when i returned late and left right early for a bus. It didn't bother me, but I had to show my pass at the hatters in Manchester, not in liverpool. Also, there is considerable mold on the shower curtain in my room. It may be wise to replace it. Again, i'm not picky and had a great stay.

We only stayed one night but had a very good experience. Most of all because of Bell, a guy from the staff who gave us a lovely room when we realised our roommates were... hmmm, a little bit messy. He was really nice and understanding, and he even invited us a beer. Thank you very much Bell, you are awesome!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Uruguay

Three of us arrived Friday for a weekend in Liverpool, we were greeted by a young female member of staff. She was pleasant and helpful. However as we walked in to our room there a guy was smoking weed in d room and drinkin alcohol. We discovered he was from the locality. Although he seemed o.k. we discovered later that one of my friends had his new jacket stolen. It would not surprise us if it was the same man I just talked about. Furthermore the room was freezing and the toilets were dreadful.

• 20th Mar 2015

I only stayed there for a couple of nights, but I still found it frustrating that the wifi did not reach the room I was in, which was at the end of the ground floor hallway. Also, the light in the ensuite bathroom went out. Overall, however, I was content with the accommodations and the location was great for everything I wanted to do.

The lobby and social areas are nice and amazing but the rooms were extremely tiny and crammed when you place several people in one room. Our room had two bunk beds in part of the room with only about a foot of space in between them.

• 19th Mar 2015

Nice people, clean environment, but wifi only worked in the lobby.

• 17th Mar 2015

Thanks for the comments Happy to see you enjoyed our Hostel We have free wifi in communal areas and hopefully soon we will again have WIfi in the rooms so keep an ear on the ground. See you again soon

It was nice and comfortable

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Thanks for the short and sweet review ༘჻ღཾཿ

The elevator is broken Just need to take your luggage by stairs to fourth floor The surface of the building is pretty but the room inside is awful And the toilets is dirty The light is broken you have to shower in dark What a bad experience Luckily that I just stay 2-3 days there

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that your visit coincided with our lift being offline for maintenance. We did have staff on duty who were able to assist you with your bags and they would have gladly done so. Apologies as well for the light being out in your room, again our in house maintenance staff could have fixed that straight away had we been notified. We hope you will come back an visit us again as the incidents you mention were isolated and next time it will be a lot better

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5