Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Took staff a long time to check me in, the bathroom was dirty and didn't have paper towels, and the sleeping room was stinky and had bad accomodations for safety. Ended up staying in a hotel and checked out on the last day before leaving town.

• 25th Dec 2015

That was absolutely rubbish. I stayed many hostels but that was very bad. Cleanliness was rubbish. I dont suggest anyone. Do prefer other choises. Hatters in Manchester is good. You can prefer.

The best hostel I've stayed since now. The staff was really amazing, specially Andrea, a really kind and nice girl that deserves to be mentioned, she was really helpeful at all time, the rooms were very clean, so were the bathrooms. Besides the excellent breakfast.

I live in a 12-bed room and it is pretty large but it is not so tide and clean, there is no lock on the door of bathroom in my room. The breakfast is impressive and I really enjoy it.

Hostel is overdue of a deep clean, which is reflected in the bathroom areas. Points for having a resident cat.

Given the lovely foyer of this hostel I was excited to see my room, especially after being told I had been upgraded to an 8 bed. Upon walking into the room I was hit by a foul odour and horrid mess. It was a tiny room & looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in forever. I requested my original room & they obliged. The 10 bed was a much better size & had 2 showers & 1 toilet. However, the room & bathroom clearly hadn't been cleaned properly in a long time. Really disappointing given the price!

It was a way to wonderful place ^^

Lots of space to hang out but not too many people around in December. The downstairs area is a bit dingy but the kitchen is huge and great for cooking. Breakfast is better than usual (there are even tomatoes and oranges!). The location is great for walking everywhere. Lockers in the rooms are only for small personal items but the rooms themselves are ok. There are 2 cats that live there...only one is cool.

The rooms are tiny. However, it was a really good value of money because it's so close to the most beautiful places in Liverpool. Evidently, it's a hostel; therefore, it's usual to find young and very noisy people. Considering this, I think it was an excellent experience, I would pop in again for sure!

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

I booked this hostel based on its proximity to the train station and central location and I was not disappointed! It's in an old building (church...I think) so the front entrance and common spaces are really lovely! It was very close to both train stations and the city center, but far enough away to be nice and quiet. The wifi worked great (I skyped from my bunk!) and I appreciate that they had lockers available and a free breakfast. The staff were also super helpful. I'd definitely stay again!

The only real draw back was the place was too big for its own good. The rooms were really isolated from the staff and so people played music, roared and drank on the fourth floor until past midnight. Also, despite the number of common rooms there wasn't really a great one to drink and meet people in, nor a quiet one to chill out and read in. That said its a great hostel and the free breakfast was the best I have had. I would certainly stay here again.

Excellent breakfast mainly because there were oranges, croissants!! And all the usual as well as yoghurt and even tinned fruit. Not just the usual bread and jam. Excellent location. Kitchen looks impressive but not that well stocked and a bit messy at times. The staff are lovely and helpful with very friendly cleaners. Comfy and warm beds. Organised events nightly. Also Liverpool is cool!

PROS; SUPER Central, so close to the start of the walking tour and bars and clubs Power points by every bed. Included breakfast has good options. CONS; Kitchen is ill equip. eg. No cutting knife, no stove, could not find a pen to label my food. Showers heads in 314 really need replacing. The mattresses are need of something to cover a spring or two. -From a fellow hostel worker

Thanks for letting me doze on the couch.while i.waited for my early train :-)

• 4th Dec 2015

The hostel was nice and clean with a good atmosphere and good staff. Breakfast was really nice and I liked the fact that you had a bar and the options for games such as a pool which some places lack.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Rooms got really stuffy, especially in the big dorms, would have been great to be able to open a window to air the room out. Otherwise really good and a great atmosphere!

Great place, pub was bad though

I wouldn't ever stay here again. Room was filthy - crisps crumbs trodden into the carpet (which was old and worn), bathroom was dirty. The room hadn't been cleaned for days/weeks - there were old tickets screwed up on the floor and on the surfaces which dated back to several weeks before our stay. No one cleaned our room whilst we were staying. Poor value for money - £40 each for a bed per night! Only given 1 key card for the group (3 people) so we couldn't come back at different times.

Great. Went for football , staff helpful, rooms are good and breakfast is included

• 26th Nov 2015

Very nice hostel, just a few steps away from train station. Excellent and very helpful staff. Nice room with private bathroom. Good buffet breakfast to start the day. Great value for money.