Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Beds were incredibly squeaky, bathrooms dirty, showers are super tiny and the shower heads work terribly. Wifi only works in the common rooms. NO WIFI IN ROOMS.

• 13th Sep 2014

Thanks for the comments. Our showers are standard size but maybe we can get our Design team to customise them in our own special edition of pimp my wash.(In all seriousness if there is anything let us know at our 24hr reception and we will sort it out for you) Please let us know when the beds start squeaking we are armed and ready with WD40 ,a shadow would make more noise after this . Good to see you enjoyed the location and staff. WiFi is Free in the common rooms and paid in the bedrooms:).

Fun place to stay in Liverpool. Lockers were more like safety boxes. The room we stayed in had 6 beds which is the right number for me. Bathrooms were clean and were in each room

Thanks for the comments . Happy to see you had fun! 6 is the magic number enough people for a good buzz but not so much that you don't have your privacy :) We take our cleanliness seriously thanks for noticing and yes every room has an en suite bathroom :) Ps. Lockers in rooms are for valuables but we have free luggage storage (cctv monitored) if you want to store any bigger bags Come back soon:)

Asked a map in the reception hoping the guys would be happy to give directions for the main attractions (as usual in hostels) etc... I have only received a poor bus tour map and the guy in the reception was not happy to give it to me...neither even a smile... He only can be the owner of the place otherwise shouldn't be working in a hostel. Well I end up going to ask for a free map in another hostel they gave to me and they were happy to give directions...and I didn't have to sleep there...

Thanks for the feedback. We are not sure were the bus map came from as we only have city centre maps and lots of them available all around the reception area. If you ever have any problems please come talk to us we are here 24/7 and always willing to help with a smile obviously :) See you again soon.

Cool hostel with nights such as movie night, bbq etc. Friendly staff and good atmosphere.

With a smile on our face we curtsy to your praise:) Much Appreciated. We have events on every day of the week and we love letting the good vibes flow. Mon - Movies nights from FREE POPCORN ! Tue - Free FOOD night Wed - Drinking GAMES who is the MASTER of table tennis?Thurs- Hatters FREE mini PUB crawl, we show you where all the cheap drinks are hidden Fri- HATTERS BAR CRAWL - All out Party! bring your flats because we will be DANCING:)Our team says thanks and let's do it again some time

The rooms are nice and clean. You get a good atmosphere down at the bar. The only bad thing is that they don't have lockers in the rooms and the day i got there, a guy had been stolen while was out of the hostel. The staff wasn't so great either. They didn't seem to be very interested in helping us.

Thanks for your review! No one was reported missing so we can only assume he made his way back :) We have lockers in most of dorms but if your room does not have one we have more at reception and also a locked secure luggage room for bigger items.(We have CCTV everywhere) We love helping our guests please come chat too us we would love to tell where to go, where to eat what to do etc. The bar is lively place we love it and on Thursdays we run a free pubcrawl:) Give us another chance.See you soon

We had a really lovely time at Hatters. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and were able to tell us about great places to eat and visit in town. Also the hostel was able to offer brilliant discounts on things to do, such as the Shiverpool ghost tour, the city tour bus and many other treats. We were also happy with the communal areas and enjoyed the communal breakfast provided. For a Budget Hostel we were really impressed. Lovely room, decent prices, good all round. Thanks Hatters!

• 27th Aug 2014

Thank you so much for you lovely review that made our day! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay , your room and the Shivering Saunters that is Shiverpool we always try to get deals for our guests. Our lovely Hatters Breaky is our gift to you so that you can start your day full of energy. Looking forward to see you again sometime:)

The place was really clean and nice ! Lots of choices for the breakfast The person who wlecomed us was really knowledgeable about Liverpool and places to see.

• 26th Aug 2014

Staff were awesome. I had a problem with one of the rooms and the guy there helped me out and moved rooms around for me. Facilities were good, location was awesome. Breakfast standard but good. Only issue would be the security. There is no security except for on the bedroom dorms, as a result ANYONE on the street can walk into the hostel. Someone had laptop stolen while I was there so just be careful with your stuff. I saw another lady walk into the kitchen, steal food and then ask me for money.

Thanks for the review! Good to see we could be your knight in shining armor.So happy too see you enjoyed your stay. We do have CCTV everywhere (Orwell was right, Big Brother is Watching!).We advise all guests to lock away valuable items in security lockers (Free to use) most of the time if things go missing they turn up again this phenomenon is known as Hostel wormholes. We dealt with the lady in question (Not in a HOSTEL movie way! We got the city carers too look after her) See you again soon.

The room (and toilet) in which I stayed was pretty dirty and disordered, obviously due to the people staying there. The breakfast caused me stomachache...

Hi hi, we appreciate that you took the time to review us. You stayed in one of our bigger dorms so sometimes it can get a bit messy depending on who is staying (Even though we clean it daily) but come to our 24h reception and we will send our own Kim and Aggie team to brighten it up. Breaky - Tea, Coffee, Toast, Muffins, Yogurts and Cereal- is always a hit but if you feel under the weather at any time come see us at the desk and we will sing 'Soft Kitty' to you.

Will be back ASAP. =)

That's what we want to hear! Will get the tea ready for you! :)

Is a very nice hostel, clean and amazing! Near to the centre, near to every touristic point. I recomend for sure!

This review made our day! You are Awesome! We are so close to everything you can happily stroll anywhere from here! Cleanliness and friendliness is what you get for choosing to stay with us! Come back soon :)

My girlfriend and I got a private room, it was almost £80 but the sheets were clean and the bed was nice. The view was awesome from the room. The bathroom was nice and modern

• 16th Aug 2014

To you we say THANK YOU! We like our linen cleaner than DazWhites! Our beds come topped with super comfy memory foam for all your sleeping needs. We also love that you can see the cityscape of Liverpool and all his moods. Don't be a stranger.

It's a great and nice hostel full of young people with all facilities and comfortable beds. The personal is also excellent. And is placed in the city center. So I would repeat without any doubt.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Eureka we did it again! You had a great time and that was all we wanted! We do have all the facilities you need a bit like a home away from home,comfort and cleanliness at the forefront. Our lovely reception team loves helping out or even just nattering. We can't wait to see you again!

The hostel is really friendly, good atmosphere. The only negative point the internet doesn't work in the rooms, only in reception and bar.

We do set a good mood and we are happy to see you enjoyed it ! There is Wifi in the rooms at a small additional charge but in the bar and reception area we provide free Wifi.

This isn't a hostel, this is like a nice hotel aimed at young people and travelers. My room was clean, the bathroom was clean and lots of hot water. Breakfast and wifi ; not bad!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for the review! You are right we have hotel standard and hostel vibes ! We cater for all ages and love the fact we can woo you with our cleanliness and friendliness! Don't be a stranger:)

heaps of people around most days and it is pretty easy to meet other guys travelling. positive in every way

• 10th Aug 2014

Right on! There is always is buzz here and we love when people form all over the world meet we like to think of ourselves as the platform for new beginnings or something less dramatic.... come back soon

It's a great hostel and good value for money. The staff was helpful in giving me a map of Liverpool and giving advice. There a big bar where you can play pools, have a drink or just hang out. Nice place.

Thanks for the lovely review! We lovely sharing information about our Lovely Liverpool and we are always ready with a map! Our bar is such a fun place we are happy you enjoyed it.:)

Everything would be perfect here I bet. Thank you very much for your kindness. Especially all staffs were really kind.

Thank you for visiting us and for the lovely review! It was our pleasure to help and we are happy you had a lovely time. Hope we see you again :)

The hostel is great but I was loooking for something more agitated. They put me in a bedroom of 14 dorms (I booked one of 12) and all the others guys were over 35 y-o. They also overrated the price for the weekend. if you book in advance you might find sth better

Booking in advance is always better and weekends in Liverpool is on high demand seeing that we are just such an awesome City nightlife, football, culture you name it ! Sorry about the room thing there is new epidemic in hostels called sprouting beds syndrome were beds just pop up in rooms once we find a cure you will be the first to know! All joking a side sorry about that its not the norm. Hope we see you again soon :)

It was very quite, good breakfast and stuff was helpful and close to other facilities of city and clean.

We are happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. Hatters Breakfast is always a winner and best of all it's our gift to you! see you again soon.