Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

The hostel while ok had some major flaws. My room was in the basement and 1/2 showers didn't work, as well as 1/2 of the sinks. There was brown smears on the walls of the shower and toilet rooms. The floor in the room was filthy and by placing anything on it, it would be covered in dirt and fluff. Being a 19 year old girl travelling alone, I'd say the biggest flaw was the lack of age limit. I was in a room with at least 3 men that were considerably older than me and it was very awkward.

Thanks for the feedback, anyone over the age of 18 is an adult in the UK and we can't be age-ist the fun of traveling is meeting a diversity of people, but we do offer female only rooms for our more sensitive travelers. ps. please always tell us if the rooms are not clean you were in the biggest dorm and even though we clean them daily they can get messy but we don't mind to sort them :)

The english breakfast (costs 4,95) is too much expensive for the quality and the taste (too cooked, burn) There is no quiet rooms (where you sleep or where you can "study"), there are always big whistles or big noises, very annoying and disturbing. The staff doesn't make efforts, no smiles. It seems like we disturb them. The cleanliness is average because customers are nasty, ok, but there is not enough staff to clean I think. You sleep more in a factory more than in a hostel.

• 29th May 2015

Thanks for commenting, please come talk to us we are her 24/7 and we love to help out! you were in our biggest dorm and although we clean them daily they can get messy depending who you share with but just tell we don't mind sorting it at all :)

Very central but up a hill. Staff were OK but very unhelpful in with the computers and WiFi was also annoying in logging in constantly. Need to update the system. Bathrooms were unclean and didn't have soap or hand towels. However was nice of them to let me keep my bags in storage for an extra day. Breakfast was pretty good. Not as good as hatters in Birmingham though.

Thanks for the feedback, please tell us if you need anything we are her 24/7 to assist. Sometimes the bathrooms in the big dorms get messy but we are ready with a broom and mop Our staff pride themselves in being helpful so we will check out hat happened.

Nice Stay,friendly staff,good breakfast and clean facilities.

We are so happy to hear you had a great time hope we meet again some day (>‿◠)✌

Good for a short stay, some of the staff were kinda weird ??? Probably be fine for a weekend though.

Thanks I guess we will try to determine which one.......

Hatters is a good place to stay,near the city center but away from all the noise.

Lockers fully didn't work, kids running around and just a weird atmosphere, not incredibly social. Bathrooms smelt pretty gross but the place looked really nice. Free food in Tuesday which is always nice. Just a bed to sleep in.

Thanks for the comments , please tell us when you stay if bathrooms are dirty so we can sort them , you stayed in the biggest dorm and although we clean the bathrooms daily some roommates might be a bit messy but the 24h reception team is here to help

Very nice place to stay the shower drain did not work very well, but that is my only complaint. They also have a nice cat.

• 24th May 2015

Thanks for the comments , we will check that out . Catters says Meoww!! that's thanks in cat speak

Great location, disinterested staff, free breakfast, uncomfortable beds that creaked a LOT! dorms small considering how many beds were in it, terrible shower, really good kitchen facilities. Overall pretty nice atmosphere but I checked out early just so I could get a good nights sleep somewhere else

• 23rd May 2015

Thanks for the feedback we will check it out no one likes a bed that creaks

I booked for 10 mixed bed but put in 12 bed, paid for 10 beds , four days no one clean the bathroom smells pee, men are gross. I don't know why they mixing boys and girls in the same room. Rooms smells.

Thanks for the comments, You booked a mixed dorm which means that there is both males and females in the room, we moved you because the 10 bed only had boys but we did tell you this on check in and told you to come on speak to us on Sunday morning (you checked in on the sat) so we could move you to the female dorm.......... Always come and talk to us at reception we are here to help

Best part of this hostel is the location. The only critic will be the first guy we met at the reception when we arrived who did not say anything to us except the price of the room. All the other people were friendly and the room was fine.

ohhh boy we will speak to him we love being friendly it is kind of our thing Thanks for the feedback v^▽^

Good breakfast Cooking equipaments available You can do all the tourism by foot 10m from a tesco Twin room was exceptional, better than a hotel

Thanks for the review ^-^

Great hostel, good location, nice facilities. Quiet when I was there however I think it gets good on weekends!

it does indeed!!! good for when you want to go for a night out have some pre drinks in our bar whilst you wait for those who take ages to get ready ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬

Facilities and rooms were great. staff seemed a little distant. bar area was nice and the free breakfast was better than most hostels!

It's only because we are behind the desk but that's not to far away ;) Wohoo happy to see you enjoyed the breaky and rooms . till next time ( ⌒o⌒)人(⌒-⌒ )

Friendly staff, nice common-areas, clean rooms. Best located hostel in Liverpool. Would recommend.

• 14th May 2015
  • Denmark

thanks for the feedback ❛ᴗ❛

Our stay was really awesome, the staff was really friendly and funny, the free breakfast was amazing (try out the chocoexpresso!!). It was a good night of rest, with good beds and clean linen. Definitely will come again if I ever go to Liverpool.

Thanks for the lovely feedback! we can't wait to have you back!! chocoexpresso RULES!!! ✪‿✪

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location, being close to both lime street and central station. The beds weren't the most comfortable but that's my only gripe.

Thanks for the review, we will check it out and get our foam mattress supplier on the blower ٩(◕‿◕。)۶

Pretty reasonable hostel. Overpriced at the weekend however. Good breakfast! Kitchen could have ovens, would make sense. Overall quite good but as far as hostels go this place punches well below it's potential. (It could be AMAZING if some time, money and passion were invested...) Chris is great on the desk and Amaya is lovely.

Thanks for the feedback come visit us again we are still renovating step by step next year it will all be Awesome

I was there for only one night but the only thing that bothered me was the cold shower in my room.

• 8th May 2015

ahhh no sorry about that , that shower is now fixed . If we were not full we would have moved you thanks for the understanding ҉*\( ‘ω’ )/*҉

Very nice set up with super cool decor. Great breaky and fun people.

thanks so much for the kind words \(*゚∀゚*)/