Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Hostel is very well located and valuable for the money. Staff people were polite, kind and always willing to help. Room sufficient to accommodate a short stay. There's one problem: if your room is located in one aisle of the building just in front of an old roof, you will hear seagulls yelling all night long, making thus impossible to fall asleep. This is the only reason why I won't be back at this place. If you can sleep anyways, then is OK.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for the review! Scouse seagulls are party animals and love to sing their hearts out! Personally, we think they're part of the Liverpool charm, especially since Liverpool is port city and Hatters Liverpool is only a 20 minute walk from the beautiful Albert Docks! However, if the seagulls' shanties keep you up at night, we have plenty of earplugs at reception :) Thanks again for the feedback!

I loved Hatters in Liverpool!! Very conveniently located - a 5 min walk from Liverpool Lime Street station, and a 15 min walk from Albert Docks. Love the quirky signs too, made way finding around the building funner. Breakfast (porridge, toast, cereals) was ok, I would have loved some bacon though. Haha

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

WE LOVE BACON TOO!!! However, in order for us to provide a free breakfast for all of our wonderful guests, we sadly had to make a few sacrifices :( Bacon being the biggest one of them! Don't worry though, we have bacon at the weekend for a small charge, along with sausages, eggs, tomatoes, hash browns etc. So we're not completely cruel :)

Downsides: It is very hard and annoying to control the heat temperature at the showers and there are insufficient power sockets at the rooms. Upsides: The bar area is really nice and got billiards, foosball and table tennis. Very nice place to know new people.

Blast those pesky showers! I don't know about you, but personally, I find that using an unfamiliar shower is akin to flying a spaceship. There's so many dials and fiddly bits that I'd rather wash in a bucket. Thankfully, ours are super simple and have a colour-coded dial and everything! However, if your shower was particularly troublesome, you can always ask any member of staff to help you out. (Obviously BEFORE you're sans clothes!)

I enjoyed my stay at Bru Bar. Lots going on but rather quiet when no events were being held.

Nice and cheap place to stay. Good value for money.

• 9th Jun 2014

Cheers for the review! We think you summed us up perfectly :D It would be great to have you back for more fun and frolics at Hatters Liverpool!

Friendly staff , poor shower.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

We're so happy to hear you thought our staff were friendly, because, that my friend, is ABSOLUTELY TRUE! So true in fact, that we are even willing to stand and hose you down in the garden so you can avoid using the shower! (Don't say we don't love you). Jokes aside, if there is ever anything wrong, please let reception staff know straight away. That way, we can fix the issue there and then, and we can all get on with loving life

Dorm beds are ridiculously noisy and in bad need of repair. Moving around at night will wake up everyone else in your room. Pay internet PCs are ancient and extremely slow. Other than that, good location and great staff. Would be a nice place if you took a private room instead of a dorm.

Apologies about the squeaky beds! We have since tightened the frames up, so now you can throw all sorts of shapes without making a sound! Also, point taken about the PC's! Personally, we think they have character, and that MS-DOS is hip these days. I guess we were wrong! However, you'll be glad to know that we're just waiting for our 'Super HD 3D fibre-optic computing systems with inbuilt hologram technology' to be beamed in from the future... Damn that computer salesman! :P

The only thing I've to complain about was that the WI-FY wasn't working while I was in the Hostel. To whom want to be in touch with someone else it's an important factor that should be considered.

• 31st May 2014

When I arrived in my bedroom my bed hadn't been organised. Somebody had used it before or the staff didn't changed the sheets.There was a girl sleeping in my bed and she refused to go to her bed. I had to sleep in the bed on the top and hurt my leg climbing the stairs in the darkness. There were lots of guys drinking whisky/beer in the bedroom. All of them were drunk and screaming in the middle of the night. It was impossible to sleep. The internet didn't work any moment during all the weekend.

• 31st May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Overall, a good stay.

• 30th May 2014

Wow pretty good hostel. Security is good. Excellent to cook meals in their kitchen :)

• 29th May 2014

Breakfast was not very clear, good staff, good wifi

• 28th May 2014
  • Belgium

Very nice place in the center of liverpool. The hostel is a nice place for stay some nights. I really enjoy it.

• 28th May 2014

Really nice place with insane character. Found it really easy to meet other travellers with loads of little places to chill and hang out

• 27th May 2014

friendly atmosphere and the idea to do some free events in the evening that a good idea for the people who travel alone =)

I come here about once a year, ans it's always great and welcoming. Thank you!

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again next year! :)

I stayed here for a week, and liked it that much on my passing through stay another few nights. I highly recommend this Hostel! Great atmosphere and great location.. I met amazing people here, defs worth a visit!

• 23rd May 2014

Fab stay. Met lots of students from Uni who leave their accomodation. I reccomend to my sister who will come next year to visit me. I hope the staff do not change!!! Very clean and safe and quiet at night. Also sweet cat lives in the picnic garden ;)

• 22nd May 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review :) We promise to stay the same, just for you! Also, we think you should definitely bring your sister to stay with us next year! I'm sure Catters (our much-loved, lazy bones of a cat), would love to meet her!

We had a very enjoyable stay, The staff are extremely welcome and made Liverpool very memorable. Very impressive building for architect. Free Wifi!

• 21st May 2014
  • Bangladesh

Thanks for the fantastic review :) We're glad that you left Liverpool with fond memories! Our building is just so beautiful, and even more so since our recent refurbishment! We hope to see you again!

Excellent hostel. The place is clean, beds and shower are good. Bright, clean,comfortable. Strongly recommend!

• 21st May 2014
  • Poland

If this review was a fruit, it would be the ripest, sweetest, most juiciest fruit in the fruit bowl! In other words, it's the best! Thank you so much :D Hopefully you will come back and see us again sometime!...Maybe by then I will have some better metaphors :P