Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Good stay overall, good value for money, but the place in general seemed a bit abandoned. And the bathroom in the room was dirty, the shower was very mouldy.

Thanks for the feedback You must have stayed on a quiet day , but we have daily events on to make sure guests get a proper hostel experience, Always let our friendly reception team know if there is anything we can do to make your stay better Come back soon

My lasting impression is alot of Victorian character but rather charming and modern and cool! hostel is really clean. Free wifi and breakfast is good. great location - only a 5 minute walk from the train station

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Thanks for the lovely review! We love our building too, it carries a glance of history . And yes we believe with free Breakfast we set you up the right way for a your day in Liverpool Till next time ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

good experience. When is checkout 11am and breakfast 10am so no hurry :)

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Thanks for the review. We believe our guest have the right to a mini lay -inn! happy to see you enjoyed your stay Don't be a stranger ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^ )

Very pretty building and nice staff. Recommended. Will be back

• 24th Feb 2015

Thanks for the comments We can't wait to see you again ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Amazing hostel, staff were very friendly and efficient. Also the room was a good size - we had a 6 bed dorm - me and my friends had an amazing time and the atmosphere and design of the hostel is fantastic, no complaints whatsoever and I'll be booking up again when I go back to Liverpool. :)

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks so much for the lovely words, we were happy to have you here . Till next time ❁

The breakfast was really good and there was always new things if something was empty. Staff was also really friendly and helpful. The toilets in my room were not really clean but it was still alright.

AHHH noooo why didn't you come tell us one of our friendly receptionist would have sorted that for you. Our housekeeping team clean all the bathrooms daily but sometimes in Dorms thing can get messy afterward but do not fear we have a mop, bucket and all else ready at reception! We are happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breaky See you again soon

Between the staff present, activities available, and the patrons present my stay at hatters Liverpool has without a doubt been my best hostel experience. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Liverpool.

• 18th Feb 2015

Thanks for the fantastic review. We do pride ourselves in trying to create the best hostel atmosphere possible

2 guys (both 37) on 3 night stay. Very, very noisy all night long every night, no attempt at all to enforce the consideration rules as parties in the corridors go on pretty much all night. "Continental breakfast" was actually cereal, toast, revolting instant coffee and squash (not juice), not a croissant in sight. TV didn't work, and they only had one key for us to share (private twin room). Kitchen poorly equipped, severely limited cooking options. For £15 a night... tolerable - just!

• 16th Feb 2015

Thanks for reviewing! Wohooo you used our self catering facilities but always let us know if you need anything we are here 24/7 ( The cutlery seem to go backpacking themselves) Our Breakfast might only be Tea, Coffee,Hot Chocolate, Juice, Toast, Yogurt, Cereals, Fruit, Toast, Jams but we do this to keep it complimentary. Till next time

Well first off the location is wonderful! You can't really beat it. The staff were very friendly but some of them weren't as helpful as other but still good. When I stayed the entire hostel was getting renovations done to it so it was a little dirty and also caused the wifi to be terrible but I'm sure once renovations are done everything will be great! I was also upgraded to a nicer room because of the renovations so I can't complain! Overall it's a great hostel!

Thanks for your review. We are always trying to improve the Hostel with as little disruption to the guests as possible. Im glad we were able to upgrade you free of charge.

The location and overall atmosphere in the hostel were really good. The breakfast wasn't a blast, but it was ok. The main problem was with the bedroom, the dormitory that I stayed in was very cold and even after complaining with the staff, we had a cold night of sleep.

Thanks for the review. Sorry you had to Freeze all systems checked and very room is now nice and toasty. Happy to see you ejoyed our complimentary breakfast it is not a Full english , but hey its on us :) Come back soon , and this time we promise no penguins in the room

Great place for right in city centre, supermarket next door, the door would not open of the dorm, took forever!! Security could be little better as a male try come in our room, all not a prob for me as I use to hostels but was little annoying but apart from that great place , stayed there few times now and will use again for a night out!!

Thanks for the review. We will investigate that but we have CCTV on EVERY floor to make sure everyone is Safe. Let us know if ther is anything wrong or slow we can send our Handy Man MR. FIXIT to sort it immediately . Good to see you enjoyed the bright lights of Liverpool and we will see you again soon. :)

Hatters is a great Hostel to stay in.I have stayed there before and will stay there again.THe staff are very helpfull and friendly.it is a nice old building.It is near Lime street train station and the city center and not too far from Albert Docks.

Thanks for the review! Can't wait till your next visit. We love that you can walk anywhere from here. See you soon (",)

Great place if you are single or its just you and your partner.

• 7th Feb 2015

Thanks for the feed back :)

Stuff stolen from my dorm. Funny smell throughout the building. Dorm smelled heavily of mould, mould all over the walls. Small things like door frames and handles being poorly fitted, showers not clean. I have paid less in other hostels for a much better quality hostel, no value for money here and I would never stay there again.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thanks for the review and we are again so sorry that you had stuff stolen from your belongings. As you are aware the thief was caught by our eagle eyed staff and he was handed over to the Police and was arrested and all items that had been stolen were recovered.The other issues you mention we are unsure about as the room you were in has been newly decorated in the last 2 weeks but if you did have an issue our helpful and approachable staff would have gladly changed your room for you.

Good for people who want to party, but was noisy in the night so if you want a good night sleep not ideal. Clean, comfortable rooms. Good facilities. Would be great if you want to have drinks, meet people, go out and rock up in the early hours!

Thanks for your great review. It can get a little boisterous at times in the hostel but are security staff are always on duty to patrol the corridors at night to ensure there is minimal disruption to other guests. We are happy top here you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again

When we arrived at Hatters, the building was just being painted, hence a very strong and even unhealthy smell of paint in our room and corridor..In our room, the paint was coming off the wall and plaster was lying on the floor. Also, there was quite a bad stench in the bathroom. The hostel was nearly empty, creating an unwelcoming atmosphere. In total, we felt deceived because we got a room which cannot be rented. However, we got back our money.

• 4th Feb 2015

Ohh no!! We are sorry to hear you did not have an amazing experience with us. We aim to make your stay a welcome and happy experience ! Happy to see it was sorted on the day :) Give us another try and we will make it up to you with our notorious good vibes ,nice rooms and clean and comfy building. *And no paint fumes....................., all has no been painted and dried:)

Great location. One complaint we booked for 2 nights and after the first night they told us we had to change rooms so we were meant to pack up our bags and be out of the room by 11. Even though the room was an upgrade we booked 2 nights , not to be kicked out before 11 to change rooms for their convince. The staff were a bit rude knocking constantly and actually banging the door of my back while I was packing on the floor. Also rooms were dirty and dusty in corners of rooms and floors

• 31st Jan 2015

Thanks for the review, Sorry to hear that you were not happy that we offered to upgrade you free of charge from a Dormitory to a Private en suite room with a TV, towels, bottles of water and biscuits. I'm sorry that due to the private rooms already being full on the 1st night we could only offer it to you for the 2nd night. I disagree with your view that the staff were rude. They went out of their way to make you feel welcome and went the extra mile to offer you a free upgrade of your room.

Perfect location, really amazing staff, clean and comfy rooms and beds. Will definitely stay here again!

Wohooooo ! thanks for the kind words Can't wait to have you back till next time ^‿^

Located in the centre of town, walking distance to the main promenade, lime st station, Central station and Albert Docks. Really clean hostel with helpful and nice staff. Would recommend to others!!

Thanks very much for the lovely feedback Don't be a stranger, see you soon ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

This hostel is great. It's massive and really lovely. You can meet a lot of people during your stay in the bar in the hostel. The rooms are big and you have spare space. I do recommend it to anyone!

This is what we like to hear !!! you mad our day :) Happy to see you had a real interactive hostel experience Till next time。◕‿◕。