Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

This is an excellent hostel with a very nice and friendly staff. Appreciated that I was able to store my bags there the day I checked out as my train didn't leave until 6pm and I wanted to do some more exploring of Liverpool. I also liked the artsy feel of the place and that they do have someone who tries to organize nightly drinking activities. At first I was bummed that Wi-Fi was not available in the room, but going to the lounge to use it helped me meet more people and have nice conversations

Thanks for the feedback - We are happy to see you got the true hostel experience - Meeting people :) We are happy to keep your luggage no one wants to carry bags around town. Till we meet again

It's the second time in this youth hostel.. and I've found it even better than before. I booked a 8 bed female room.. the room was comfortable and the bathroom wide and clean enough. A good and abundant breakfast and a large and well furnished lounge made me enjoy my stay in Liverpool.

We are really happy to see you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast. The fascilities are all getting refurbished so happy to see you menjoyed them We can't wait to see you again thanks for reviewing us

It was a cool, relaxed environment and I would recommend everyone coming here when they visit Liverpool!

Thanks for the lovely review it was a pleasure too have you We like to keep things laid- back hope we see you again soon ✿

The building just seemed to big to be maintained- not very clean, broken shower and lockers, garbage and dirty linens left in the hall, funky smells, old mattresses, bad wifi (even in the computer area). Great location and friendly enough staff

Thanks for the review. We take our cleanliness very seriously so please always inform us of anything that we can help with. You checked in before our actual checkin time so there might have been a bag or two still in the corridor waiting to be escorted out (these are normally all gone by 2) Please report any broken items to us we do check the rooms daily but if anything stops working we have to happy handy man on board to sort it out .Happy to see you enjoyed the Location and our friendly smiles

Great location. Rooms ok. Not the cleanest hostel. Wifi was the worst of any hostel I'eve ever stayed at. Non-existent in rooms, mediocre at best in lobby, pretty crappy in basement. It kicks you offline very 10min.

NOOOOO..We love cleaning so if there is anything that we missed let us know we are always ready to tidy and wipe. Our FREE wifi is available in the communal areas. Our location is amazing just a short walk from everywhere no need for a taxi :) Till next time Thanks for your review !

Really pleasantly surprised, such a nice atmosphere and a really cool looking building, great for people my age (21) The only issue was sleeping right next to a hot pipe, I was trying to sleep at around 7 in the morning and the room was so hot because the pipe was next to the bed, which is also quite dangerous as well, but other than that, loved it.

• 29th Oct 2014

Thanks for the feedback :) So very happy to see you had a lovely time. See you again soon we hope . Ps you can always ask to move if the bed don't suite as long as we have space we will help you out.✌

Absolutely happy with the hostel. Great value for money. Comfortable beds (I stayed in a 10 bed room), comfortable toilets, great breakfast (included). The stuff was really friendly and helpful. The location is great (10/15 minute from almost everywhere I wanted to go).

YEEEE haaaaaaaaa - you made our day :) many thanks for the lovely review ★ ☆ Comfy beds, Great facilities, Close to everything and Service with a SMILE(ツ) that's what we do. See you again soon

No WiFi away from common areas which is very annoying. Only two power connections on the room (for 4 people), also very annoying. Everything else was very good.

Thanks for the feedback! We will get the power plug man on it! Happy to see you enjoyed your stay till next time :)

Everything was okay except the elevator can only fit one person and one suitcase each time.

Thanks for the review. Our building is nearly 200 years old the elevator (Shiela) was an more recent addition and in her prime she was the best model in town and she was so proud carefully hoisting person by person to the floor of their dreams making them feel like they are the only person that matters we humor her to think nothings changed! Okay in all seriousness its ads a bit of character we think. Happy to see you enjoyed everything Till next time (─‿‿─)

It was a good hostel but i think that it needs a better safe because anybody can go Inside the hostel. The staff was very nice. The bedroom is very small.

• 26th Oct 2014

Thanks for the comments We have a great security system in place and CCTV everywhere. We also have security on at nights. We don't want to makeyou feel like your in Big Brother but let's just say Orwell's 1984 paints the picture. Happy to see you enjoyed the hostel _ Don't be a stranger! ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭

Shocking service at the bar. The bathroom in the dorm was either not working or dirty. Was so appalled by it I checked out early and lost my money for the second night. Also saw another customer being poorly treated at the check-in desk which wasn't great to see. Won't be staying again... There are hotels in the city cheaper.

Ahh nooo!!! We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay we love making sure you have a great time this is definately not the norm! I can see you checked out early but due to the 2 day cancellation policy we could not refund you. Ps just always tell us when the bathrooms need an extra clean you were in one of the biggest dorms and although we clean them twice daily they might get messy depending on your room mates :0 we dont mind to give it a mop and a wipe. Thanks for the feedback

lockers were ridiculously small & unsatisfactory. There should be an individual light & small shelf for personals such as clock, phone, false teeth etc. for each bed (This has always been available on all my previous stays at other hostels). Breakfast was excellent

• 25th Oct 2014

Thanks for the feedback! The lockers are for valuables but if you want to store bigger items we do have a secure luggage storage free of charge available 24/7 Happy to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast we love to make sure you start your day right Come back soon :)

Great hostel, very well located, lots of facilities, a Tesco 2 blocks away so you can buy food and cook it if you want for almost no money. Nice bar where you can drink and eat nice food.

Thanks for the lovely review! We like to see that you enjoyed our selfcatering kitchen fascilities (The manager put a sign up that says don't feed the staff but you know rules are meant to be broken) Till next time - we are only 5 minutes from lime street so come back soon.

Great, helpful staff. It is a bigger hostel, so the atmosphere wasn't the best, but plenty of room to chill out and talk to other travelers. Very conveniently located within a few minute walk of the train station, central underground station, and nightlife. Would stay again, if I ever return to Liverpool!

sStaffs was very helpful and the hostel is located very good place. The lime-street station is very close to the hostel. But only one thing is not good for me. Shower booth in 12-mix dorm didn't lock. Except that the hostel was very nice.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for the review. We will have a look at that door our own Handy Andy will sort it right out! Happy to see you had a great time (⁎⚈᷀᷁ᴗ⚈᷀᷁⁎)

Disappointed with the price. Due to Liverpool playing the night I stayed, the price was more than doubled. Really taking advantage of football fans!

Thanks for the comments. Our prices are one of if not the lowest in town but citywide prices on match days are normally higher due to demand but you can still get good deals if you book in advance. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and come back soon.

Just to sum up, it was a great experience, the staff was helpful and the place is nice.

• 17th Oct 2014

Wohoooooooo ✌.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.✌ So happy to see you had a great time! hope we see you again some day:)

The foyer is nice, the bar is great, the breakfast is plentiful and the cost is reasonable. HOWEVER, be warned that some (mine) bedrooms are VERY basic and in need of a lot of TLC. Amongst the general shabbiness, the room smelt of damp, the window didn't close, the sink was very slow to drain and the lights to the bathroom shone into the bedroom.

Thanks for the comments please do tell us if anything is wrong we are here 24/7 to help you:) Good to see you had a lovely stay and enjoyed MOST of your stay We are redecorating so come back soon and embrace our new look

Brilliant location but terrible crumy rooms! Could really do with a face lift. Rooms wern't particularly clean and lift never worked when we tried to use it! Not value for money at the weekend, the rooms don't justify what you pay But good atmosphere and friendly staff

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for the review! We are indeed superbly located! All rooms have been booked in for some plastic surgery so came back soon and see the new look:) We had a problem with the lift on Saturday -Sunday but that has been sorted whoo! ( Lift fixing people insist they need a day off too hmmmm). for the best deals always book well in advance.. See you again soon we hope :)

The staff were all very nice. However, the WIFI only works in the Lobby and is really very spotty. Kinda dirty in the bathrooms. I stayed in a 12 bed all female room. I believe someone stole my headphone cord while in the room. I noticed as soon as I left and when I called the hostel they told me they "Couldn't look" at the moment and I don't believe ever did to see if it had turned up. There are only tiny lockers and almost all of them were taken. You must bring your own locks.

Hi! Thanks for the review . We are always good at seacrhing for any items that lost their way. Sorry there was no cable:( For next time : we actually rent locks out for those who travel without so just pop to rececption to get one and for any larger items you can leave that in our secure luggage facility. Ps. We do clean all bathrooms once a day atleast ,as you can imagine 12 people can sometimes leave a bit of a whirlwind behind but just let our 24 hour reception know and we will sort it :)