Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

The bathroom for the big dorms could use a clean and update. Breakfast was basic but free so can't complain about that. I loved free for Tuesday brilliant idea.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed the free breakfast and food on Tuesdays. See you again soon.

The boy who is working in the reception is not polite.No wifi in rooms. Beds are very noise and uncontable .

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Thanks for your feedback. The Wifi should work in the rooms and common areas, so on your next visit please don't hesitate to ask our staff if you need assistance connecting to the network.

Overall good experience, no real complaints. Loved the kitty on site.

Thanks for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon.

This a good hostel for people who want someone to go out drinking with. The room I was in was very cramped and there was nowhere to put your bags. There were small lockers to put a few things in, but that was it. One of the showers in the room only had scalding hot water because the temperature control was broken, and the other one so small I could hardly move (and I'm quite short and small). The common areas and the kitchen were nice, and they have a cat who's super friendly.

First Hatters stay. Luckily it can only go up. Breakfast, Bar, lounge area is cool. The bedroom was a closet with 1 socket for 6 beds. Survivable for 1 night. The eclectic mix of guests, priceless

I've really enjoyed two nights weekend stay! The double bedroom with bathroom was in a quite good condition, however some double glazing wouldn't harm anyone I think:) Bfast was decent for me as a woman. However my boyfriend was craving for scrambled eggs which Hatters didn't serve. I don't mind honestly! :) Stuff was always helpful they just should smile a bit more, life is beautiful ain't it?

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Poland

Offers everything you would expect from a hostel.

The 14 people room is too small and too dirty. Besides,there're only two showers. There weren't useful lockers neither. On the other hand, breakfast was really nice and it's sited in good place.

It wasn't the greatest hostel but it is okay, nothing to complain about

Amazing facilities. The bar was great, and the entire downstairs common room was a good place to hang out. The room itself was not bad, it was extremely smelly; like an unwashed body from the Victorian Era. But all-in-all, it was good. Free breakfast in the morning was a plus.

Good atmosphere and common rooms, breakfast was great. A safe and wifi in the room would have been good but apart from that I had a really nice stay. Breakfast was a highlight as I was just expecting maybe some toast. The only other issue was the bathrooms didn't look very clean however could have been because the paint was flaking (I think if they were repainted it would look great) Other than that I thought it was really good value and a great location, thanks guys!

• 25th Jul 2015

The building, facilities, and initial impression...awesome! The breakfasts...best ever! The room atmosphere? I almost had to leave! Very noisy and inconsiderate. Playing loud music when my son was trying to sleep and talking very loudly, slamming doors, hopping in to bed with each other. I've never been so uncomfortable I all the hostels I've stayed!

Seriously love this hostel. Such a wonderful atmosphere. Staff is friendly and they get involved with activities in a way that facilitates friendship between everyone. Each night they offer something new, whether it's free dinner or beer pong in their awesome common area. Bar there is a bit overpriced but they let us bring in drinks from outside. Location is great: 15 min from cavern, 15 from Albert dock, 5 min to concert square - tesco within two min walking. Garden area, big kitchen, lounge.

Nothing but good things to say! Extremely affordable, great location and a hotel-like atmosphere. Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

This is a nice hostel. It's pretty big, it is in an old church. I stayed in a 8 person dorm. The people in the dorm were super nice. We had our own bathroom which was nice, if we were all on the same schedule it might have been difficult with only one but we did not have any issues. The free towel was awesome and appreciated. They have a bar and restraunt right there where they serve a free breakfast in the morning. Laundry, kitchen, garden/outside area. Only smaller lockers in the room.

The staff was amazing and the atmosphere is friendly. I stayed in the dorm bellow street level, so it got quite stuffy sometimes. Apart from that, it was a good experience.

Overall a good hostel, but the bathroom and shower were horrible. They weren't cleaned during my 2-day stay there as far as I could tell.

Overall a good hostel, specially considering it's in the UK. My room was ok, but smelled a little bit bad, but I think I was unlucky with some of my roommates. It didn't have lockers in the room which made kind of annoying that every time i need to get/store something I had to go to the reception. The facilities were very good, with a huge bar and several common rooms. Location is very handy as well, just a few minutes walking to the main streets. I had a good time, and I'll be back!

Location was absolutely perfect! Atmosphere was really good on my stay which is huge for the overall experience for me whilst traveling. Rooms are a bit small but this is a hostel so definitely can't complain and the place is quite big an open with good areas to meet others. Hopefully will be back again! Thursday night pub crawl was ace also.

good breakfast.