Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

The place was really clean and nice ! Lots of choices for the breakfast The person who wlecomed us was really knowledgeable about Liverpool and places to see.

• 26th Aug 2014

Staff were awesome. I had a problem with one of the rooms and the guy there helped me out and moved rooms around for me. Facilities were good, location was awesome. Breakfast standard but good. Only issue would be the security. There is no security except for on the bedroom dorms, as a result ANYONE on the street can walk into the hostel. Someone had laptop stolen while I was there so just be careful with your stuff. I saw another lady walk into the kitchen, steal food and then ask me for money.

Thanks for the review! Good to see we could be your knight in shining armor.So happy too see you enjoyed your stay. We do have CCTV everywhere (Orwell was right, Big Brother is Watching!).We advise all guests to lock away valuable items in security lockers (Free to use) most of the time if things go missing they turn up again this phenomenon is known as Hostel wormholes. We dealt with the lady in question (Not in a HOSTEL movie way! We got the city carers too look after her) See you again soon.

The room (and toilet) in which I stayed was pretty dirty and disordered, obviously due to the people staying there. The breakfast caused me stomachache...

Hi hi, we appreciate that you took the time to review us. You stayed in one of our bigger dorms so sometimes it can get a bit messy depending on who is staying (Even though we clean it daily) but come to our 24h reception and we will send our own Kim and Aggie team to brighten it up. Breaky - Tea, Coffee, Toast, Muffins, Yogurts and Cereal- is always a hit but if you feel under the weather at any time come see us at the desk and we will sing 'Soft Kitty' to you.

Will be back ASAP. =)

That's what we want to hear! Will get the tea ready for you! :)

Is a very nice hostel, clean and amazing! Near to the centre, near to every touristic point. I recomend for sure!

This review made our day! You are Awesome! We are so close to everything you can happily stroll anywhere from here! Cleanliness and friendliness is what you get for choosing to stay with us! Come back soon :)

My girlfriend and I got a private room, it was almost £80 but the sheets were clean and the bed was nice. The view was awesome from the room. The bathroom was nice and modern

• 16th Aug 2014

To you we say THANK YOU! We like our linen cleaner than DazWhites! Our beds come topped with super comfy memory foam for all your sleeping needs. We also love that you can see the cityscape of Liverpool and all his moods. Don't be a stranger.

It's a great and nice hostel full of young people with all facilities and comfortable beds. The personal is also excellent. And is placed in the city center. So I would repeat without any doubt.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Eureka we did it again! You had a great time and that was all we wanted! We do have all the facilities you need a bit like a home away from home,comfort and cleanliness at the forefront. Our lovely reception team loves helping out or even just nattering. We can't wait to see you again!

The hostel is really friendly, good atmosphere. The only negative point the internet doesn't work in the rooms, only in reception and bar.

We do set a good mood and we are happy to see you enjoyed it ! There is Wifi in the rooms at a small additional charge but in the bar and reception area we provide free Wifi.

This isn't a hostel, this is like a nice hotel aimed at young people and travelers. My room was clean, the bathroom was clean and lots of hot water. Breakfast and wifi ; not bad!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for the review! You are right we have hotel standard and hostel vibes ! We cater for all ages and love the fact we can woo you with our cleanliness and friendliness! Don't be a stranger:)

heaps of people around most days and it is pretty easy to meet other guys travelling. positive in every way

• 10th Aug 2014

Right on! There is always is buzz here and we love when people form all over the world meet we like to think of ourselves as the platform for new beginnings or something less dramatic.... come back soon

It's a great hostel and good value for money. The staff was helpful in giving me a map of Liverpool and giving advice. There a big bar where you can play pools, have a drink or just hang out. Nice place.

Thanks for the lovely review! We lovely sharing information about our Lovely Liverpool and we are always ready with a map! Our bar is such a fun place we are happy you enjoyed it.:)

Everything would be perfect here I bet. Thank you very much for your kindness. Especially all staffs were really kind.

Thank you for visiting us and for the lovely review! It was our pleasure to help and we are happy you had a lovely time. Hope we see you again :)

The hostel is great but I was loooking for something more agitated. They put me in a bedroom of 14 dorms (I booked one of 12) and all the others guys were over 35 y-o. They also overrated the price for the weekend. if you book in advance you might find sth better

Booking in advance is always better and weekends in Liverpool is on high demand seeing that we are just such an awesome City nightlife, football, culture you name it ! Sorry about the room thing there is new epidemic in hostels called sprouting beds syndrome were beds just pop up in rooms once we find a cure you will be the first to know! All joking a side sorry about that its not the norm. Hope we see you again soon :)

Great location next to the university and docks means you're never far from restaurants, pubs and general people-watching. The 'hostel' is more like a bargain hotel with how many floors and rooms there are. Staff are welcoming and helpful. Room was quite small but the beds were comfy and the ensuite was bathroom good.

It was very quite, good breakfast and stuff was helpful and close to other facilities of city and clean.

We are happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. Hatters Breakfast is always a winner and best of all it's our gift to you! see you again soon.

Absolutely loved loved loved my stay here! Great hostel, and location could not be better. If I ever come back to Liverpool I'll definitely stay here again.

We love,love, love your review thanks so much. Your are 100% correct our location is awesome you can walk everywhere from here. Come back any time :)

The only reason I gave the hostel average for facilities and value for money is because of the internet situation. I don't need wifi in every hostel I stay at but Hatters has so many facilities and it is so big and busy that I can't believe there is no wifi in the rooms unless you pay for it. Especially since it isn't like it is the cheapest rate. I just think that was a major disappointment from a hostel that has a lot of potential. Also, no good maps available.

Hi thanks for the feedback! We do have free wifi in the common areas and the plus point for this is that guests can interact with each other and ourselves:) Come back soon and we will give you the coolest most personalised map you will ever encounter with drawings and all. It makes us happy to see you enjoyed your stay :)

A great hostel that has recently got even better with a refit. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at and will continue to do so whenever I visit Liverpool. Keep up the good work guys and gals. :)

Thank you very much ! We will!!! See you again soon:)

Great facility at the level of decent hotel. The pub managed by hostel was great too. It was almost like the pubs outside. Breakfast was great too. Location was good too. it's near the rail station and city centre. Satisfied wih everything.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Hee Haa ! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! Our bar is the heart of our hostel. Good to see you made the most of complimentary breaky :) Thanks for your satisfying review!

Got some noisy room mates, but nothing the hostel was to blame for

Ahh no! and that after we told everyone to behave! Next time come tell us we have a big time out step in reception for these noisy neighbours! Good to see you enjoyed yourself overall and thanks for the feedback.