Hatters Hostel- Liverpool Reviews

56/60 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England

Pros: Cheap, close to the center of Liverpool. Free breakfast and activities. Staff were friendly Cons: WiFi only in common room, and spotty there. Had a grungy feel... Activities available, but not very engaging for the 18-25 crowd.

Thanks for the review! We're loving the pros :D As for the cons, you can get WiFi in the rooms for a small charge. However, we're on a crusade to continue the work of our very own Cilla Black. It's our mission to bring guests together and watch friendships blossom

This was an awesome hostel to stay at. Great location which was close to the central bus station, and staff were all really friendly and helpful. The common area, where a delicious free breakfast was served each morning (including porridge!) was really fun and a great place to chill. Would highly recommend this place for people looking for a sweet hostel in Liverpool.

Oh stop! You're making us blush :P Seriously though, we think we might love you after that review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at Hatters Liverpool and we hope to see you back here one day :D Yeah, come back and eat porridge with us. It will be t-oatally awesome!

Had great help finding places to visit or things to do. They also gave me another bed than I had first, because there was a quite sharp green light shining on my face. They didn't make any problems at all and were very kind. The hall leading to the rooms smelled a bit strange and wasn't gone after three days. Everyday there was a cleaner working and she worked very hard, also to clean the kitchen. The kitchen is very good to create your own meals and have some conversations with other people!

Our reception staff dedicate their lives to ensuring guests experience the very best of what Liverpool has to offer! With their knowledge and expertise, they're known locally as 'The Tourism Warriors of Liverpool'. Ask them anything, anytime, and they will most certainly help you out! Sorry about the pong in the hallway by the way! We gave the carpets a really good wash so now the hallway smells b-e-a-uuuutiful!

Great place! I only stayed for two nights in a dorm but had a very good time there. The place is clean, the beds are good, the breakfast is wonderful and the staff is so nice! Some of the nicest people I have across in my trip! I recommend and would stay again at the Liverpool Hatters!

Wowza :D We have so much love for you right now! That's such a lovely review! It makes us so happy when our guests leave with fond memories of their stay! It makes us even happier when those fond memories involve our staff! We really hope you can come and visit us again someday. Lots of love from Liverpool!

Wasn't my first stay in Liverpool but the first 1 at the hostel. Terrific location, great atmosphere, confortable beds,...only positives, except the light flowing shower. But only to balance a bit....

• 3rd May 2014
  • Belgium

Yeehaaa!!! We're happy dancing all around reception! Thanks for the awesome review :D Also, we find that if you slink away and shower at a weird time (maybe 4pm), then our showers are like glorious waterfalls. When everybody is showering in the morning, the pressure can drop a bit. Moral of the story: non-conformists win at showering. You heard it here first!

Everything at this hostel was OKAY facilities wise. But it was BORING. The bar is only open on weekends. This made no sense.

Booo!!! We're not boring! Ken Dodd himself says we're the most un-boring hostel in the whole of Liverpool (...that may or may not be true). In fact, a little Liver Bird told me that you were here during our head-spinningly amazing Beatles Pub Crawl! How anybody can't enjoy that, we don't know! During the week, the bar is closed as we entertain our guests with a host of fab activities; film night, free food night, games night etc. However, you're more than welcome to bring your own drinks in! :D

I stayed one night only, arrived pretty late but guy @reception was very friendly and did the check quickly. The room I was staying was left open: when I got in, half of the beds were without bedding and bed sheets+pillow cases (maybe dirty?) were all over the floor..At least my bed was done! The room overall wasn t very clean, I found stuff from previous people all over: shampoo, bags, crackers on the floor! The bathroom wasn t clean either. Anyway, friendly staff, good location!

Oh dear! We're not sure what happened with your room during your stay, but thanks for bringing it to our attention! We will speak to our housekeeping team and get to the bottom of it! Despite that little hiccup, it's great to hear that our wonderful staff were there to make you smile! Also, you're absolutely right, our location is fantastic; or as we say here in Liverpool 'proper boss'! Thanks for leaving a review and we hope to have you back one day!

Good accommodation, had a small problem with bed linen but was sorted out immediately and given the option of changing rooms. Friendly staff.

• 23rd Apr 2014

We're glad our staff sorted the linen issue straight away! We don't want any of our guests dealing with LINEN ISSUES! Whatever the problem was, it shouldn't have happened, so it's great you got a new room immediately :) It was lovely having you here, so we really hope you come back again. We promise a problem-free stay and maybe a Beatles song of your choice, performed for you personally, by our manager...we said maybe :P

i really like this place. close to the train station and very close to all the sight in liverpool, staff were very nice and friendly and the hostel is very good

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here :) Our location is the BEST! You can pretty much walk to anywhere in the centre, and Lime Street train station is only a 5 minute walk down the hill! We would love to have you back one day!

Friendly, helpful staff and excellent facilities all encompassed within a beautiful Victorian (I guess!) building right in the heart of the city.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

That's such a lovely review! Thank you :) I think the building started life as the first purpose built YMCA in the world, in about 1870. (Don't quote me on that date though!) It's a beautiful building and we're grateful to be here! Thanks again, hopefully we will see you in the future!

I Loved my stay at hatters! friendly staff and the free coffee and tea during the day make it perfect. The location to go around is also perfect.

Free tea and coffee! You just can't beat it can you? :) Hopefully you took full advantage of our free continental breakfast too! It's the perfect way for guests to start their day of Liverpool sightseeing! It's always great to hear that guests love our staff too. We have to agree with you, they are a super friendly bunch; always willing to help! Thanks for the review! We would love it if you could come back and see us again.

I stayed here for 3 nights. Had a great time. Breakfast was good and the hostel had a good atmosphere. We went on the pub crawl organized by Anna and she did an awesome job.

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be sure to let Anna know that you enjoyed her awesome pub crawl too! :D Hopefully we will see you again one day!

My laptop was stolen on 18 Apr 14, crime No: 0514074724. On 15-16 Apr I lived in 4-bed although I booked 2-bed because of untidy. On 16-18, I stayed in 307. The lock on the door was faulty so theft got in to 307. I woke up and saw that it was stolen by unplugged cable but charger stuck in socket. Manager, Paul said that I didn’t lock the door. I sent details to police and asked for the insurance from the Hostel. Paul said I didn’t lock the door so insurance will not cover. Need hostel insurance

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

It is a great hostel, one of the best hostels where I have been. The staff is really friendly and always willing to help. The location is perfect, less than 10 minutes walk to the city centre. Clean and nice rooms. I totally recommend it.

What more could we ask for! Thanks a bunch for the lovely review. We totally think you should come back and see us again sometime! This is what our face looks like now by the way.... :D You did that! That huge smile is for YOU!

I really had a great time in Hatters, the place is really nice

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Very helpfull staff! Perfect location 5 minutes walk from city centre. Very happy with my stay there.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks for leaving a review :D We have to 100% agree with you because our staff are aaawesome and we are within walking distance to almost everything!! We love that you enjoyed your stay here! Maybe we will see you again?

Great Staff, Poor wifi. Great location, Poor showers. Sort of a hit and miss with this hostel but overall enjoyed it.

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have given our lovely staff the thumbs up! We will definitely take your feedback on board and use it to improve our services in the future. We hope to see you again someday!

This hostel is just near the central station. Since Liverpool is not big, we can go everywhere on foot. It is really easy to find it just after getting off the bus from the airport. If I have an opportunity to go to Liverpool, I will definitely stay at Hotters.

That's a review we really like to see! Liverpool is amazing! Many people think of it as a friendly little town because everything is just so close. It would be fantastic if you could come back and stay with us again!

I would not stay here again. First off, I've never stayed anywhere that gives you assigned beds. I didn't like my assigned bed (top bunk in the middle of the dorm) so I asked to have a different bed that was empty. I was told I couldn't, but that bed stayed empty the whole time I was there so I dunno why I was refused. The hostel is also incredibly noisy at night so I barely slept. Thin walls, floors, and ceilings...you hear every single thing in the whole place.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Wales

Hatters is a vibrant and friendly place, full of people enjoying their visit to Liverpool! If you can't beat them, we say join them! Also, we assign beds solely for the benefit of our guests. By assigning beds, we can make sure that guests who have booked together get to stay in the same room. We always grant requests to change beds, as long as there is availability to do so. Thanks for leaving a review; we value your feedback!

While I was staying there, the hostel was undergoing some major renovations, so the lobby was a bit untidy and the lift wasn't working. Aside from that, and a bit of noise generated by the construction, I really enjoyed my stay. Free breakfast and tea/coffee, clean bright rooms, a bathroom for each room, and friendly, helpful staff all worked together to make a pleasant stay. It is also just a 20 minute walk from the train and bus stations, and slightly more from the waterfront areas.