Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

A great value for money hostel right in the heart of Manchester just minutes from Manchester Piccadilly Station.I am 63 and had no problem staying here. everything right on your door step - wonderful shops, culture, clubs, pubs and restaurants all seconds away. Staff very friendly which helps. Hostel looks a lot better on the inside than the outside. Good security to all rooms.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Conveniently located. 10 mins walk from the Station. Has a lot of pubs and bars nearby to chill around. Rooms are tidy but a bit cramped. Loved my stay here.

out of the two hatters this one is definitely better of the two.

Bit pricey for a hostel but overall very good. Location was nice esp. if arriving by coach (5 minutes' walk away from station), as were the facilities. Rooms were kept very clean as was the kitchen. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of luggage storage (when leaving my luggage there after checking out, barely any available) and the fact there was no lift (if you have a heavy suitcase beware!)

This hostel was disgusting, I was in a 12bed mixed dorm, we were all stuffed in their like sardines!!! Their was no air circulation, the windows were broken so you couldn't open them, the ensuite bathroom was from the 3rd world - I felt like I needed a shower every time I went in there! Also the shower drain was very slow draining - it was disgusting. The staff were great very friendly and welcoming. They only had small lockers which weren't in your room and only pad locks worked on them .

An average Hostel in my opinion. Staff is ok and facilities have all the basics you need. Location is very good indeed.

Good location, atmosphere and communal areas, especially kitchen which was a good size. Rooms were fine - comfortable beds but could have been a bit cleaner.

A fine place to stay. Enjoyed the lounge area. Parts of the hostel were very clean but others desperately needed attention when I was there (ensuite in my dorm..)

This place was fine, clean enough. The smell in the room was quite stale and you couldn't open the window to let some fresh air in. Also, the shower arrangement allowed very little privacy... I know we're all girls but I was quite uncomfortable.

the rooms and showers were not so clean, staff was all by them self

The staff was very helpful and polite, and the location was amazing. It was in a very nice area in Manchester with lots of nice shops and cafes and really close to everything central. It was a bit noisy from the windows but we stayed a Friday night. The beds were ok. The atmosphere quite chilled. Had a nice garden.

The staff were friendly & welcoming... Just what you need when you're in a New city! X

• 18th Sep 2015

cheap, good location functional - no complaints...all good.

The location is definitely the best thing and I wasn't expecting it. You have everything you need around the hostel. The staff team wasn't that nice it looks like all the guests are bothering them specially a sir who works at night, the coldest check in out I ever had! The room wasn't that clean it was fine tho if you don't mind with dust that probably will celebrate bday under the beds.The housekeepers kept shouting in theirs language while cleaning the rooms,so rude!Anyways I love the location

The location is excellent, free breakfast is OK (can be better with their above average prices). Staff are not friendly, the guy who checked me in was very rude and snobbish and treated me as I am staying for free at his own place when I complained about not getting something I requested earlier and they promised to fulfill (which is my right as a guest). My first time in the service industry I was asked to pay to get an answer for something if they can offer or not. Cleanliness can be improved.

A very nice hostel that I would definetely recommend. Located just a 5-10min walk from the train station, in a cool area with lots of nice shops, cafées, pubs and vintage shops. The hostel itself was nice, with a good atmosphere and nice common areas. Offers the facilities you would need when travelling, the breakfast is included and they have free wifi (all though not the greatest connection). Would go there again!

Stayed for 2 nights for a weekend trip. No complaints. If I ever go back to Manchester I would probably stay here again.

The staff is great, Sarah, Rafael and the night shift Spanish guy were very helpful and kind. The room was somewhat quiet and comfortable. Shower was great. Wifi in the room. Good kitchen.

Almost no vegan food or some very low-quality for breakfast, which I payed for so it was a bit disappointing. Let people choose between a stay inclusive of breakfast and a combo, because some guests just already know they're not going to have breakfast at your hostel. Otherwise provide enough choice for every guest. Other than that this was the best hostel I've ever stayed in so I won't complain further. Very clean blankets, thorough toilet cleaning made my stay much better than in other hostels

• 29th Aug 2015

Hey Fabio! You can send us an email and request vegan breakfast in advance, and we can sort something out for you! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us :)

Rooms are nice and tidy, good atmosphere over all and friendly environment. Staff is very friendly and ready to help and chat.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6