Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

If your room is on the street side and you have booked a room during the week end, don't expect to sleep easily, it is quite noisy.

It was a busy weekend in Manchester, and the room was quite noisy with the sounds coming from the street... Everything else was ok.

The bedrooms and toilets were clean but the kitchen was not. The first morning, I went to have the free breakfast and I couldn't eat because the dishes were dirty with stuck food of previous days. At the end, I never had the breakfast given by the hostel. Anyway, the breakfast looked extremely poor.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Chile

Perfect location. Friendly staff. An extra for a key for the locker is not necessary. A bit more cleaning up in the shared bathroom would be nice.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Everything was good, better than I expected. Nice staff, decent and clean rooms, perfect and well equiped kitchen (including basic food - salt, sugar, coffee, tea, oil etc.). Breakfasts are very basic there (bread, butter, marmelade, coffee) but for free. The reception works around-the-clock. No problem appeared.

Was only there one night but friendly, accommodating staff, great location, comfy beds and they provide out of room lockers. One ensuite bathroom for 6 people. Nice and big and good shower.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very nice hostel, good value for money.

I spent 2 days at Hatters, one of which was a Man United game day and the other was St. Patricks day. So both nights were quite loud! Taking this into account though, the hostel is in prime position to explore the city, walking distance from the train and bus stations. The hostel is great for accommodating people on a budget with great cooking facilities and free wifi, a laundrette down stairs. However the common room was quite small and crowded especially when the hostel is very full!

Haha, well done with your choice of nights!! We hoped you joined in the festivities a little? Even if it was forced upon you by rowdy guests? Haha. We do have cooking facilities for you all to use (but no oven, it is very distressing watching our guests try in vain to fry their pizzas on the stovetop) plus coffee, tea and hot chocolate for these cold nights that will soon hopefully GO AWAY.

가격에 비해 좋은 품질.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels I've been to (but I also expected that from the price :)). Looks as if it has been recently refurbished, very nice room and kitchen serving breakfast (free!). Location is perfect, in middle of lively Northern Quarter, within walking distance from bus and railway stations - but it means you hear all the street noise in the middle of the night. It was bearable, but it's definitely not a quiet place.

It's located near the Center. The kitchen is good. The WIFI just works just in the area close to the kitchen, not in the rooms.

Really close to the city center, in Oldhan street, heat of Northern quarter

Hmmmm....we guess you mean the heart, as much as we wish it was, heat is not quite yet apparent in the Northern Quarter :p But we love it anyway and so will youuuuu!

Good location but it's confusing that there's two Hatters hostels in Manchester. Staff at Newton Street not very happy directing you to the other one. Vibe of hostel good and nice, large kitchen, terrace and common room but room cleanliness was very bad - the bathroom wasn't cleaned at all and the sink clogged. The 4 bed dorm ensuite I stayed in was very cramped and narrow. Not very good value for money either - they ramp the prices up on Fri and Sat night, I ended up paying £60 for 2 nights.

Akhh, it can get confusing but they're only located 1 and a half minutes away from each other so hopefully it wasn't too much of a hindrance to your day!! We're not sure whether you came across the evil hat ghost of Hatters, but we're usually pretty okay with pointing you down the road :) Please let us know if you experience any issues while staying, if we don't know we can't help!

fantastic place couldnt recommend it highly enough to friends,family. thank you to all the staff who looked after me.God Bless.x.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Looking after you is no problem at all, it's pretty much a hobby by now :) Send everyone you know!!!!

It's a nice hostel, I stayed here for 1 night and I had a great time. Outside was very noisy at night and I couldn't sleep well (it was saturday, and I can understand), but beside that I can say it's a high quality hostel. For me the cleanliness is an important issue when I rate hostels, and it was perfect. You will enjoy if you stay there ;)

The weekend noise is a downside if you are there to sleep and not to party!! We can always switch you to a room on the inside of the building though, just ask :) Thank you so much for recommending us to all the other budding hostelites out there!!!

It's the second time I was there and it is wonderful. Good staff, good location and good place. 100% recommendable!!!!

We'll see ya the third time around ;) Check out our website for deals and promotions we've got on, there's often prizes to be won when you stay with us, so third time lucky too, maybe?

Lovely hostel with very friendly staff. I only use it to stay the night after attending gigs up in Manchester but the location for the bus station (Megabus) is perfect and the free breakfast and 24hr opening means I can arrive whatever time I need to and make sure I'm fed and watered before I leave. Perfect for my stay!

Thanks so much :D We are partiers and gig-goers ourselves and try to make sure we have everything in place for our guests that we would wish for ourselves :) See you soon!!

Was only there for one night but can't fault it really, nice staff, clean and good location, not much more you can ask for really. Would recommend staying here

Thanks!! We are perfect for a pit stop or an extended stay, and do our best to make you feel welcome and comfortable :)

A great hostel. Clean and serviceable amenities, including kitchen. Friendly staff. Breakfast was really nice, they have yoghurt (fancy). The showers are a bit weird, they'll do the job but there isn't really anywhere to put your stuff that's secure. Reminiscent of a gym changing room. Otherwise, the hostel is in a really cool area in the Northern Quarter, which is handy. Check out the nearby Chai Latte Cafe for a really good feed on a budget.

Thanks for the review, and for the feeding tip!!! There's loads to find in the Northern Quarter in regards to eating and, more importantly, drinking!!

Stayed one night on business in late January. Good facilities, clean and fine for a good night's sleep. I could see equally that it had a fun atmosphere for people that are going out on the town. Excellent location, decent value for money. Will be staying again next time I'm in Madchester.

Madchester, yes!!! Soak up the fun atmosphere by visiting us with friends when you're NOT on business, too :) Thank you so much for the review!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4