Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Was a good hostel. Only stayed the 1 night but I would chose the other hatters if I had my time again.

If your room is on the street side and you have booked a room during the week end, don't expect to sleep easily, it is quite noisy.

It was a busy weekend in Manchester, and the room was quite noisy with the sounds coming from the street... Everything else was ok.

Great location, lost going on pub crawls every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. It is very loud at night in the rooms as they dont have double glazed windows or heavy curtains. The place was clean and tidy. Good value for money.

• 17th Apr 2014

The bedrooms and toilets were clean but the kitchen was not. The first morning, I went to have the free breakfast and I couldn't eat because the dishes were dirty with stuck food of previous days. At the end, I never had the breakfast given by the hostel. Anyway, the breakfast looked extremely poor.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Chile

Hi, we're so sorry about that, but please understand that as our kitchen is self serving, we can't always monitor the washing up standards of our guests!! However if you let us know we will be happy to come in and inspect, we don't like dirty dishes either :( Our breakfast consists of cereals, toast, fruit, juice, muesli, yoghurt and tea and coffee, and is free..........!!

Perfect location. Friendly staff. An extra for a key for the locker is not necessary. A bit more cleaning up in the shared bathroom would be nice.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Unfortunately we experienced a lot of cases of 'missing padlocks', so we now have a £2 charge for them, but you can always leave your things in our office safe, or in our luggage room free of charge :) Thanks for the review and we hope you enjoyed Manchester! We do.

Everything was good, better than I expected. Nice staff, decent and clean rooms, perfect and well equiped kitchen (including basic food - salt, sugar, coffee, tea, oil etc.). Breakfasts are very basic there (bread, butter, marmelade, coffee) but for free. The reception works around-the-clock. No problem appeared.

Was only there one night but friendly, accommodating staff, great location, comfy beds and they provide out of room lockers. One ensuite bathroom for 6 people. Nice and big and good shower.

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks so much, we're right in the centre of the Northern Quarter and do our best to make sure our facilities are up to date and that everyone is happy!!

Very nice hostel, good value for money.

Thanks for the review :)

I spent 2 days at Hatters, one of which was a Man United game day and the other was St. Patricks day. So both nights were quite loud! Taking this into account though, the hostel is in prime position to explore the city, walking distance from the train and bus stations. The hostel is great for accommodating people on a budget with great cooking facilities and free wifi, a laundrette down stairs. However the common room was quite small and crowded especially when the hostel is very full!

Haha, well done with your choice of nights!! We hoped you joined in the festivities a little? Even if it was forced upon you by rowdy guests? Haha. We do have cooking facilities for you all to use (but no oven, it is very distressing watching our guests try in vain to fry their pizzas on the stovetop) plus coffee, tea and hot chocolate for these cold nights that will soon hopefully GO AWAY.

It's been just wow! Way better than the Hatters in Birmingham. Loved it! You should def. go on the Pub Crawl, you'll meet lovely people and have loads of fun for a good value!

가격에 비해 좋은 품질.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels I've been to (but I also expected that from the price :)). Looks as if it has been recently refurbished, very nice room and kitchen serving breakfast (free!). Location is perfect, in middle of lively Northern Quarter, within walking distance from bus and railway stations - but it means you hear all the street noise in the middle of the night. It was bearable, but it's definitely not a quiet place.

It's located near the Center. The kitchen is good. The WIFI just works just in the area close to the kitchen, not in the rooms.

Really close to the city center, in Oldhan street, heat of Northern quarter

Hmmmm....we guess you mean the heart, as much as we wish it was, heat is not quite yet apparent in the Northern Quarter :p But we love it anyway and so will youuuuu!

Good location but it's confusing that there's two Hatters hostels in Manchester. Staff at Newton Street not very happy directing you to the other one. Vibe of hostel good and nice, large kitchen, terrace and common room but room cleanliness was very bad - the bathroom wasn't cleaned at all and the sink clogged. The 4 bed dorm ensuite I stayed in was very cramped and narrow. Not very good value for money either - they ramp the prices up on Fri and Sat night, I ended up paying £60 for 2 nights.

Akhh, it can get confusing but they're only located 1 and a half minutes away from each other so hopefully it wasn't too much of a hindrance to your day!! We're not sure whether you came across the evil hat ghost of Hatters, but we're usually pretty okay with pointing you down the road :) Please let us know if you experience any issues while staying, if we don't know we can't help!

fantastic place couldnt recommend it highly enough to friends,family. thank you to all the staff who looked after me.God Bless.x.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Looking after you is no problem at all, it's pretty much a hobby by now :) Send everyone you know!!!!

It's a nice hostel, I stayed here for 1 night and I had a great time. Outside was very noisy at night and I couldn't sleep well (it was saturday, and I can understand), but beside that I can say it's a high quality hostel. For me the cleanliness is an important issue when I rate hostels, and it was perfect. You will enjoy if you stay there ;)

The weekend noise is a downside if you are there to sleep and not to party!! We can always switch you to a room on the inside of the building though, just ask :) Thank you so much for recommending us to all the other budding hostelites out there!!!

It's the second time I was there and it is wonderful. Good staff, good location and good place. 100% recommendable!!!!

We'll see ya the third time around ;) Check out our website for deals and promotions we've got on, there's often prizes to be won when you stay with us, so third time lucky too, maybe?

Lovely hostel with very friendly staff. I only use it to stay the night after attending gigs up in Manchester but the location for the bus station (Megabus) is perfect and the free breakfast and 24hr opening means I can arrive whatever time I need to and make sure I'm fed and watered before I leave. Perfect for my stay!

Thanks so much :D We are partiers and gig-goers ourselves and try to make sure we have everything in place for our guests that we would wish for ourselves :) See you soon!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4