Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Wifi was slow and unreliable. No free storage for luggage in rooms, rooms were very squashy. Our ensuite Bathroom in our 8bed dorm wasn't cleaned during our 4 days there. We had some food taken/thrown out despite beating labelled and bagged. Beds were very loud and very uncomfortable.

• 11th Dec 2014

Overall nice experience. The Only thing I was there for a few very cold nights. Staff kept saying heating is gonna come on soon, it never did and I had to wear a few layers to stay warm

• 2nd Dec 2014

The staff here are unhelpful and extremely disorganised. Two nights out of the three I stayed, another guest was allocated to my bed. The second time this happened I was downgraded and received neither compensation nor apology. Third night the sound from the street kept me awake all night. Would not recommend to anyone.

Not impressed, and won't stay again. At first, they refused to book me in, stating that my photo id wasn't good enough. Eventually, she relented. I got to my room, to discover someone sleeping in my bed. When I asked for a different bed, they then allocated me one that had already been slept in. I went outside for a cigarette whilst they changed the bedding, and then found I couldn't get back in as no one was manning the desk, so was stuck near midnight outside the building for an extra 10 mins.

Hi, feedback is always useful. I'm sorry about the trouble with check-in but we do our best to ensure that security is kept tight what with the potential of fraudulent or stolen I.D. In terms of the beds, people can get muddled-up. Letters can be hidden & accidents happen. So long as we're made aware, we can sort the beds for you. In the evening we only have one person on the desk as it's not busy. Certain events can pull them away to help guests or clean & patrol the hostel.

Beds aren't good, not awful but not a selling point. Good location but can be noisy in street-side rooms. Some very good staff, some a bit rude. Great social areas. Well cleaned. Typically UK hostel atmosphere, ruined at the weekends by people on a night out, but chilled and friendly the rest of the time. Price can be good but the amount it can go up by on certain nights is a rip off- I guess the night out crowd will pay it. Very secure.

Hey! Thanks for the review. I love the phrase 'Typical UK Hostel' - I know exactly what you mean - but it does make things colourful. I'm glad you made the most the location, both hatters are really well placed if you enjoy the alternative and indie cultures of Manchester. With regards to pricing, it naturally gets more expensive around weekends when there are big events on. Unfortunately that means that when the city gets more exciting, it also gets more expensive :( ce la vi!

The staff and owners were very helpful and kind and always available to help or chat. Located at the heart of the city and easy to travel to and from.

Hey Rahib, Thank's for the review! It's good to know the bosses are behaving themselves, and we're stoked you enjoyed meeting the staff too (you will be missed)! Hopefully you made the most of the hostels prime location near the good music and food venues in the northern Quater!

Food not too good: half the fruit and the bread would be mouldy :(

Hey, thanks for the review! That's not good! If you ever see that, give your staff a heads up and they can take care of it. Unfortunately food can be a tricky thing to juggle sometimes, especially bread - the bane of my breakfast! But our staff should bite the bullet and deal with anything like that for you ; )

Very good Hostel to meet people and made some friends. Very nice staffs, They are friendly y kindly. I recomend this Hostel and sure come back there.

Yay! Thanks for the lovely review Renata! We're stoked you enjoyed your time and made some friends in Manchester (or international, as the case may be)! Next time you'll have to critique us to make sure we're maintaining this awesome standard!!

Very friendly stay. It was a pleasure to stay here

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey Gregory, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time here and that you found it welcoming and friendly! hopefully we'll have the pleasure of hosting you again!

It was a good hostel in a good location, but my room was right across the street from a super loud bar that played loud music until 5am. There are also no lockers, there are tiny ones that might fit a purse but not ones in the rooms or big enough for a suitcase. You also can't get wifi in the rooms, only in common areas. Because of this the common areas are crammed and theres not enough seating. The staff was a little unfriendly, and not all of them spoke English. Way over priced.

nice hostel and it's located very close to (which i believe to be) the city centre, approx. 5 min walk to picadilly gardens. the staff is very friendly and helpful. but in the shared room where i stayed in there were no lockers. breakfast was alright and tea, coffee and toast are provided all time round. i only spent 24 hrs in mcr so for this short period everything was ok for me. hostel is a bit run down but that just seems to be the case with accomodation in england.

: excellent location, clean bathroom - : very loud at night, wifi just at reception, too expensive for a tiny room (with a broken "closet") in November!

Really nice and helpful staff.

Expensive - £40 pn in a 6bed dorm!!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Nice hotel in excellent location. Would recommend.

Aww shucks! Thank's for the review, we're glad you enjoyed your time here!

Horrible experience. I stayed there for 3 nights and none of those nights could even sleep well with the noise from street dunkers. Even horrible with the last night a group of guy getting into our female dorm and woke all is up, it's a terrible security problem.

We only stayed one night in a private room, however we would be happy to stay again. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wifi didn't work in our room.

Thank you! It would be nice to have you back! :)

this is the last noght for me.. I will miss so much this place! you really feel as home.. GReat AtmosPHERe!!!!! the staff is friendly, lovely and ever available to help you! Specially the recepcionist Flavia! :) very beautiful and clean rooms and warm common area! you can meet so many amazing people there and enjoy the hostel activities!!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

The location is the saving grace for this place- bring earplugs because there's a mix of people and lots of drinking and music. When we arrived I asked the receptionist for lunch recommendations so she googled and said wagamama (!) could improve knowledge of area. Their security pass system is silly, bracelets would be easier. No free wifi in the rooms which isn't right and could offer late check in for more £. Average hostel in great location. Go to the soup kitchen opposite- amazing.

Hey! Cheers for the review, always good ot know what's happening in the hostel. Unfortunately it does take a bit of time to get used to the area and tell the good from the bad. We do have a few recomendations inside the security voucher, along with the map - just to make things a easier.

An OK hostel, would expect more for the money. The breakfast, bunks and ensuite were fairly standard. The the northern quarter is quite a cool area, and not too far from the train station which was handy. The wifi would not connect on my laptop, no lockers in the room, no reading light, which would be helpful. Wifi is an essential now to any travels, so it is really disappointing that this hostel has not installed or paid for wifi that actually works.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7