Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Almost no vegan food or some very low-quality for breakfast, which I payed for so it was a bit disappointing. Let people choose between a stay inclusive of breakfast and a combo, because some guests just already know they're not going to have breakfast at your hostel. Otherwise provide enough choice for every guest. Other than that this was the best hostel I've ever stayed in so I won't complain further. Very clean blankets, thorough toilet cleaning made my stay much better than in other hostels

• 29th Aug 2015

Rooms are nice and tidy, good atmosphere over all and friendly environment. Staff is very friendly and ready to help and chat.

The hostess was excellent at the Reception. She gave us a warm welcome. Would be happy to visit again.

Thanks for the review :)! Our reception work hard to make you feel welcome. We hope to see you again.

We stayed for one night for a birthday night out, it was everything you could want: rooms are clean and tidy, no excessive noise, great staff and a chilled out feeling

• 26th Aug 2015

The location is so central that it's impossible to sleep even at 3am on a Friday due to the noise from the street. If possible, request a room facing the other side. Also, as soon as I arrived I requested to stay one night rather than two but was made to pay for two nights, even though the second night was more than 24 hours away.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very clear and nice room

You get what you pay :)

This was a very nice clean hostel. Spacious and well located. The staff were always friendly. Only suggestion would be a better spread at breakfast but that's really nothing to comment on. Brilliant.

The 4 beds room is a room that would be small for one persone where they managed to fit two bunk beds; on the positive side the bathrooms and kitchen are very clear and the location is excellent.

Free breakfast and Wifi, nice hostel for young people. Close to city center, and both bus and train station.

Good position, in the northern quarter and between the 2 main stations, but the street was very noisy, especially on Saturday. There is no lift, the hostel is not tidy and the walls are so thin that we could hear every word and movement from two rooms away. Moreover, the staff is not very friendly.

Horrible place, very dirt specially the toilets , breakfast is free but is terrible. Although has a good location.

The name 'Hatters' is apparently very common in Hostelworld worldwide. Hatters Hilton Chambers was therefore not what I had expected, but it was good and nice anyway. Location is great, everything is walking distance. Also close to the train station. Rooms are spacious, enclosed suites are nice. Toilet and shower are mostly put together which is not always very handy when someone is taking a long shower, but ok. No lockers in the room unforttunately.

Manchester lacks a decent hostel hence I used this one - again. Just an average place. One bad experience here...The mattresses are too worn with springs sticking into your ribcage. I asked the reception guy to give me an extra duvet (to use as a buffer layer against springs). He said they don't have it so I used one from a spare bed (luckily there was 1 in my room). Without it it would be hard to sleep.And the place is noisy so make sure to take earplugs with you.

Okay for the price. you want to NOT be inside when traveling. Location is excellent. Breakfast, Lounge, Garden, good backpacking experience. Rage on Hatters!

staff can be more strict about the noise inside the hostel . Exception this everyrhing was over my expectation .

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Everything about this hostel was nice. The people working and staying there were friendly and there was even a free breakfast of toast, cereal and juice in the morning. I was only there one night but it looks like they put on regular activities for guests too. The only thing I will say is it could do with a lick of paint, it's not one of these new-fangled schmancy hostels, but then they charge such good rates who cares if the skirting boards are a bit scuffed!

• 30th Jul 2015

it's a quite good hostel .. I really was comfortable there. but only the bar was tidy and expensive.

The location was an easy walk from the Picadilly train station (10-15 mins). The staff were friendly and made sure I knew where I was going when I checked out. I stayed in the 4bed mixed ensuite, which was small but good enough. The facilities were clean but the walls had normal scuff marks from luggage, etc. The bathroom was clean. As noted, there were no hooks for my shower things which was my only tiny complaint. There was bath soap/shampoo provided in the shower.

Thanks for leaving a review! We will always help you with directions and city tips :) We will take you comments about the showers on board and see what we can do about it!

was checked in by a very rude woman who was more interested in talking to a man beside me than checking me in and supplying me with the required information. The place had signs all around stating please lock away your gear. Well that would of been a lot easier if there where lockers in the room supplied. Positives free breakfast was good and the staff member in the morning that helped with storing my bag was lovely.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6