Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Good hostel to stay in Manchester. Rooms a bit small, but we enjoyed staying there.

The kitchen was extremely packed in the morning during breakfast. There is no wifi in the room (as mentioned when you book, but if u buy the wifi, it works pretty well) The bathroom in my room was quite dirty and stayed like that during my stay, not sure if it's the cleaner's fault or people in my roomies as they were a messy bunch of people. Sockets not equally distributed and it's pretty warm at night with the small window opened.

The location was fair. My buddy and I chose to stay in a 4 bedroom to get some quiet, but our room mates were terrible. This is to no fault of the hostel. The common areas were quite nice and the staff were knowledgable and helpful.

I recommend this hostel because of the staff, they are really friendly and polite, the living room is a nice place to drink a beer, you can also meet people from Manchester there. Really near to Manchester Picadilly Station. The bathroom was excelent in my shared room. The kitchen is well equipped and you can cook.

the location of the hostel is great, but the hostel itself was the noisy, not very clean and poor in atmosphere (but the staff is very friendly).

• 12th Jul 2014

I loved everything about this hostel. Amazing staff, great location, great facilities. Having to pay for the "good" wifi kinda sucked, but the free wifi wasn't that bad anyways. I would definitely stay here again.

Very good experience in general with Hatters at Hilton Chambers! I was in a 6-beds female dorm. The room was clean and not packed. The members of the staff were really nice, breakfast was OK, and everything was within walking distance. The only real downside was breaks of noise in the streets at night (-it didn't last all night long, but it was sufficient to wake me up-), so bring your earplugs if you don't do that already!

A great place with friendly staff and excellent location. The only inconvenient is the wifi limited to common areas.

Hostel's location is amazing, just a few minutes to Piccadily Gardens, Town Hall and museums by walk. Staff is very friendly and very helpful. Garden and Lounge are relaxing and creating a chance to meet people.

I always go to this hostel when I need to spend a night in Manchester because I always get a good sleep and it's clean and relaxed, with good music playing at breakfast time. This time I went I was a bit disappointed because it was dirtier and noisier than usual - maybe I just caught them on a bad day. I didn't like having to pay for 2 nights when I was only staying for one (minimum 2 nights stay at the weekend).

Everything was awesome, but staff could be friendlier.

Good hostel

A superbly welcoming and informative receptionist Nice company

Great place for your money. It should be noted that this is not a party hostel and has a lot of families staying here - great place though.

Correct! You will find on Hostelworld and our own website that Hatters on Newton Street is our party hostel, while Hilton is designed for people who prefer to get their head down! However, you can always pay a visit to either of them, no matter which one you're staying at - they're just around the corner from each other :)

Nice stay at this hostel. Nice staff, very clean, comfortable, excellent location. Some problems: wi-fi access only in the common areas, sockets not well located inside the room, breakfast could be better. Definitely would stay there again!

Unfortunately because our building was not built as a hostel originally ie. the plug sockets were put there before the beds, every bed may not have a plug socket right next to it, but let us know if you're having trouble finding them and we'll help you out!

Stay here if you're heading to Manchester.

That, sir, is a marvelous plan.

I had a great time at the hostel and was very happy with the service there.

• 19th Jun 2014

Thank you so much! We organise hostel activities every evening and generally just love to see you happy :)

Nice hostel, just not as lively as I was hoping. Everyone seemed to be doing there own thing. Staff were super friendly and helpful though

This hostel is a little quiet and better for getting your head down than partying! Next time you book with us (which we hope you will!), opt for the Hatters on Newton Street. Alternatively you can book for Hilton and just use and abuse Hatters for it's rowdiness ;)

Staff were great and really helpful, easy quick check in and check out, only a 5 minute walk to the main square which means a great location. Room was a little outdated and not the most comfiest of beds but there were still a lower price rand a house keeping option so you cant complain. overall good price because your close to the city centre. You can also get free breakfast which we didn't get to use because we always slept in till after 10. But overall a really good stay :)

• 16th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Thank you!!! We're going to assume you missed the brekkie because you had an awesome night-before - The Northern quarter where we are is fantastic for it! The bar at our other hostel is getting all the special treatment at the moment but we promise to focus our attention on the rooms when we're done :)

Good place to stay. Rooms were pretty sterile, but the common room was awesome. Really easy to meet people. Great kitchen and really helpful staff. He's the tick of approval from me :)

He's the tick of approval from me ....No name? We have two male members of staff here and now they're both going to have to quit over the stress of not knowing who you were talking about. We'll work on those rooms, know any artists?? Thanks for the review though and glad you got to meet people, it's the best part of traveling!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4