Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

It was a nice place and I met a lot of great people. It's in a close range of the city center- just a few minutes walk! It was my first time ever staying in a hostel and it was a great experience!

• 5th Feb 2016

Bath room area really filthy

The overall cleanliness and comfort in the hostel are good. A rather significant factor should be considered though: there was no real ventilation in the dorm I stayed in so it got really warm during the night so we had to open a window. Other than that my stay there was pretty comfortable.

The imgages of the room and hostel were misleading, the decor was very tired (marked and stained), including the carpets, blinds, walls and bathroom. We saw a mouse in the main stall way from level 2-3. The private on suite was hugely over priced for what it was. I would not recommend this hostel to any couple. The only good things about it was the clean sheets. When we asked to leave our bags no one checked our tickets when we collected them- we could have been anyone.

The rooms are extremely small. They actually just fit the beds in it. There is no space to keep luggage etc. The staff doesn't really care, i think its one of the very few hostels in Manchester, so it's always busy. Wouldn't stay here again!

My stay was pleasant. Would consider other places before coming here though. However my experience was ruined by a another traveller on the bunk below me taking all available space, Exacerbating the issue of beds being close together leaving not a lot of space for bags. Ended up sleeping with my smaller bag in bed, highly undesirable for me and I'd imagine the hostel. Slept under radiator = uncomfortable sleep. Staff were friendly. Nowhere to lock up bags or valuables in room.

All good, except perhaps the coldness in the room

Thanks for your rating and review! We often have heaters available at reception if the room is too cold, we're sorry if we weren't able to provide one for you for your stay. We hope you enjoyed your time in Manchester regardless of the cold :) Warm regards, Hilton Chambers Team

Would definitely stay again!

• 9th Jan 2016

Thanks for your rating and review! We hope to see you next time you're in town :) Warm regards, Hilton Chambers Team

Our beds we're not very clean and our room was freezing cold. The common area was not clean either.

We're sorry to hear that you did fully enjoy your stay with us - we're always happy to change the bedding if it is not clean, and we try to keep an eye on the common areas to keep them tidy. We do hope you had a great time in Manchester regardless. Kindly, Hilton Chambers Team

staff was amazing good. the price expensive for the service, like the rest ones in this area. Breakfast was really really poor, i used first day, afterwards i eat outside every day. the hostel don.t care so much about mantain a happy atmosphere, they have a poor room with couple of table games, pool brooken , and play 2... old old old...

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Hatters at Hilton Chambers was an OK hostel. It wasn't the cleaness place I've been to but the location is fantastic. The area is a little more "hipster" you might call it but there are so many interesting stores around.

Thanks for your review! Hope you had a great time in Manchester :) Warm regards, Hilton Chambers Team

Had a great bar crawl run by a dude from Sydney which was probably the highlight of my stay here. I was a little annoyed at the breakfast situation; communal dishes were often left unwashed by people until the sink was full. The staff were all really friendly and were always keen to help out.

Glad to hear you had a fun time with us! Warm regards, Hatters at Hilton Chambers Team

Loved that breakfast was free.

Thanks for your rating and review! Warm regards, Hilton Chambers Team

Decent 3 day stay. Everything within Manchester Central was walking distance from here, and staff were helpful. First 2 nights I had a 6 bed room all to myself before I had to change rooms for a full party, which I understood. Only things I would suggest to change are to keep the deck door closed at all times (the hall was cold for the entire evening and night), change some of your pans in the kitchen (all worn out), and clean the washroom floors often because showers are also in the washroom

Decent place to stay. Everything was up to par, but being that you're in Manchester there are plenty of drunk idiots. It was quite warm so we had the window open and because of that you could hear people fighting, throwing up and swearing at each other throughout the night.

Nice stay, overall... but: the beds are not that comfortable, there are NO LOCKERS in the room and the only ones in the corridors are small enough just for wallets and mobile phones. Asking the tickets nighttime to check that those that comes in are registered is good... it becomes bad if you ask for it 5 nights in a row and you're always the same guy. It was winter, and the hostel it is definetely VERY COLD at all times, rooms included. Unless you turn on heating(not regulable): then it's hell

Manchester in December, I expected a warm room. However hostel failed to provide this and handled the issue poorly -All day long staff kept saying `of course there is heating, will come up at 6, it will take it's time to heat up fully`FALSE-There were no radiators in our room, but some other form of heating. (hot water pipes) And they were cold. I froze that night. Room was damp. Booked in 4 bed-dorm, they offered me to move to an 8-bed. Finally got a refund for 2nd night and left.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Turkey

Even though the staff is really cool, everything else at the hostel is below the average. There is nothing exciting at hatters, unfortunately...

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Macedonia

The host are really nice. and the hotel is quite comfortable. Everything is really good. From my little single room, I can just see the sea, the tram and listen the sound of wave at night.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • China

Decent hostel. One of the old night staff guy was very unfriendly when I asked him if I could charge my battery you know who you are. No free breakfast...no laundry or they were fixing it or something even the laundry staff was rude. So just terrible service in general.

• 21st Dec 2015