Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Was only there one night but friendly, accommodating staff, great location, comfy beds and they provide out of room lockers. One ensuite bathroom for 6 people. Nice and big and good shower.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very nice hostel, good value for money.

I spent 2 days at Hatters, one of which was a Man United game day and the other was St. Patricks day. So both nights were quite loud! Taking this into account though, the hostel is in prime position to explore the city, walking distance from the train and bus stations. The hostel is great for accommodating people on a budget with great cooking facilities and free wifi, a laundrette down stairs. However the common room was quite small and crowded especially when the hostel is very full!

Haha, well done with your choice of nights!! We hoped you joined in the festivities a little? Even if it was forced upon you by rowdy guests? Haha. We do have cooking facilities for you all to use (but no oven, it is very distressing watching our guests try in vain to fry their pizzas on the stovetop) plus coffee, tea and hot chocolate for these cold nights that will soon hopefully GO AWAY.

가격에 비해 좋은 품질.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels I've been to (but I also expected that from the price :)). Looks as if it has been recently refurbished, very nice room and kitchen serving breakfast (free!). Location is perfect, in middle of lively Northern Quarter, within walking distance from bus and railway stations - but it means you hear all the street noise in the middle of the night. It was bearable, but it's definitely not a quiet place.

It's located near the Center. The kitchen is good. The WIFI just works just in the area close to the kitchen, not in the rooms.

Really close to the city center, in Oldhan street, heat of Northern quarter

Hmmmm....we guess you mean the heart, as much as we wish it was, heat is not quite yet apparent in the Northern Quarter :p But we love it anyway and so will youuuuu!

Good location but it's confusing that there's two Hatters hostels in Manchester. Staff at Newton Street not very happy directing you to the other one. Vibe of hostel good and nice, large kitchen, terrace and common room but room cleanliness was very bad - the bathroom wasn't cleaned at all and the sink clogged. The 4 bed dorm ensuite I stayed in was very cramped and narrow. Not very good value for money either - they ramp the prices up on Fri and Sat night, I ended up paying £60 for 2 nights.

Akhh, it can get confusing but they're only located 1 and a half minutes away from each other so hopefully it wasn't too much of a hindrance to your day!! We're not sure whether you came across the evil hat ghost of Hatters, but we're usually pretty okay with pointing you down the road :) Please let us know if you experience any issues while staying, if we don't know we can't help!

fantastic place couldnt recommend it highly enough to friends,family. thank you to all the staff who looked after me.God Bless.x.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Looking after you is no problem at all, it's pretty much a hobby by now :) Send everyone you know!!!!

It's a nice hostel, I stayed here for 1 night and I had a great time. Outside was very noisy at night and I couldn't sleep well (it was saturday, and I can understand), but beside that I can say it's a high quality hostel. For me the cleanliness is an important issue when I rate hostels, and it was perfect. You will enjoy if you stay there ;)

The weekend noise is a downside if you are there to sleep and not to party!! We can always switch you to a room on the inside of the building though, just ask :) Thank you so much for recommending us to all the other budding hostelites out there!!!

It's the second time I was there and it is wonderful. Good staff, good location and good place. 100% recommendable!!!!

We'll see ya the third time around ;) Check out our website for deals and promotions we've got on, there's often prizes to be won when you stay with us, so third time lucky too, maybe?

Lovely hostel with very friendly staff. I only use it to stay the night after attending gigs up in Manchester but the location for the bus station (Megabus) is perfect and the free breakfast and 24hr opening means I can arrive whatever time I need to and make sure I'm fed and watered before I leave. Perfect for my stay!

Thanks so much :D We are partiers and gig-goers ourselves and try to make sure we have everything in place for our guests that we would wish for ourselves :) See you soon!!

Was only there for one night but can't fault it really, nice staff, clean and good location, not much more you can ask for really. Would recommend staying here

Thanks!! We are perfect for a pit stop or an extended stay, and do our best to make you feel welcome and comfortable :)

A great hostel. Clean and serviceable amenities, including kitchen. Friendly staff. Breakfast was really nice, they have yoghurt (fancy). The showers are a bit weird, they'll do the job but there isn't really anywhere to put your stuff that's secure. Reminiscent of a gym changing room. Otherwise, the hostel is in a really cool area in the Northern Quarter, which is handy. Check out the nearby Chai Latte Cafe for a really good feed on a budget.

Thanks for the review, and for the feeding tip!!! There's loads to find in the Northern Quarter in regards to eating and, more importantly, drinking!!

Stayed one night on business in late January. Good facilities, clean and fine for a good night's sleep. I could see equally that it had a fun atmosphere for people that are going out on the town. Excellent location, decent value for money. Will be staying again next time I'm in Madchester.

Madchester, yes!!! Soak up the fun atmosphere by visiting us with friends when you're NOT on business, too :) Thank you so much for the review!!

Staff were very friendly and the hostel is clean and safe. However, although it´s within easy reach of the train station, the street is very noisy at night. I think it would also be a good idea to have some lockers in the rooms and a reading light so as not to disturb everyone if someone has to come in late. No frills - good value for money.

Heya - thanks for the review!! We do actually have reading lights that you can hire for a fully refundable deposit - just ask (we find that they mysteriously disappear if we put them on the beds)!!!

Excellent staff, good location not far from train station and city center. would say again if in Manchester

EXCELLENT review :p Thanks so much, we do try our best and love it when our guests acknowledge that :) See you soon!

lockers at the reception was a little inconvenient - only 2 inconveniently placed power points in a 6 bed dorm was more inconvenient.

The powerpoints in the room are sometimes a problem for our guests but please note that we do have lots of powerpoints in our communal areas (kitchen and TV lounge), plus if you ask at reception we can probably provide you with some adaptors or extensions :)

overall hostel was good. just a shame that it is single glazed so can hear the street noise at night.

That is unfortunately the disadvantage of having a hostel so centrally located! Party central is literally on our doorstep so it's hard to avoid the noise, but we do supply earphones, and can arrange for you to stay in a quieter room if you put in a request with our lovely receptionists :)

I stayed at quieter time in January. Advantage was I stayed a 4 bed dorm alone with complete privacy and peace! Disadvantage was no activities organised in January. One suggestion to hostel is to have lockers inside the rooms. I know there are lockers in reception but lockers inside rooms will give easier access and better peace of mind.

Lucky you ;) We are so sorry about our events calender - unfortunately our lovely Rafa moved on in January and we were without a host until about 2 weeks ago! We now have Pablo in da house so next time you come we can promise you a good time!!!! We do get comments about lockers quite a lot so we will see what we can do about it :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4