Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

The hostel is in a old building. But with a good internal adaptation. Although the rooms are large, they don't offer individual locker for your backpack/luggage. It is frustrating, because the hostel offers only 8 small lockers by aisle for every guests who are located at same aisle. But, in general, was a clean hostel in a good location.

I know this hostel is way cheap, so I can't complain too much - it was clean, the location was great and I felt safe. However, I've stayed in other cheap hostels which had dorms rooms that were much less crowded. I didn't have floor space to put down my shoes. Normally there is a locker under the bed for each person, which can be locked - no such thing at hatters. The shower was always full. So I guess you get what you pay for, but I did get more in the past for the same money.

There are some things I didnt like about the hostel.Everytime I needed to get something from the reception I had to wait for 10 mins or so.Even though therem was someone at reception, at peak times there really was the need for a second person,which the reception desk was built for anyway. The rooms are okay,but the shower doesnt have anything to put your clothes at,so when you stepped out of the shower cub, you stood naked in front of the toilet sinks since the shower and toilets were together

Well equipped hostel in a great location. Kitchen and bathroom facilities were excellent and staff were very helpful. Lockers were a bit questionable (outside the rooms and only fitted certain locks), but other than that we had no complaints.

Try to avoid the upper level beds, they are faraway from the electrical sockets.

Nice hostel, especially the very friendly staff at the reception.

Glad you liked it! (And good to know the receptionists are behaving themselves!) Hope to see you again :)

Comfortable hostel with very good staffs and excellent breakfast .

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Awesome, glad you enjoyed your stay with us matey! Hope you got your money's worth at breakfast too ;) otherwise, swing back some time for more!

Really friendly staff, excellent location, free breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I was in Manchester.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Well, next time you visit the great and mighty Manchester, just swing by us! We're stoked you enjoyed your stay here and that the staff are behaving themselves :p hehe!

The staff was friendly, always ready to help. The breakfast was complete, it is a comfortable place in an accessible area.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Nice warm showers and I loved the fresh orange juice in the morning. As with most hostels a fan or airconditioning in the rooms might improve the somewhat stale air.

I always detour to the kitchen for a cheeky glass or OJ before my shift, a bit of zest helps kick people off on the right foot! I think this has been a particularly warm summer, which makes it a bit uncomfortable! So yeah, air-con might be a welcome adaption for the future if things keep getting warmer in the UK haha Glad you enjoyed it here though!

Probably the best hostel I've been this summer. Private room with private bathroom are lovely. Staff very friendly and helpful. thanks

Yay! thanks for the sterling review, we're really glad you enjoyed your time here! Take care & hopefully see you again soon!

I really wanted to enjoy my time here. Its a great location of Manchester with really cool coffee shops and record stores, the facilities were amazing, big kitchen, great water pressure in the showers and staff. My only complaint was the other people staying here. It seems to attract a weird crowd of people who honestly made us feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. I hear that the other Hatters in Manchester has a better overall vibe. Wouldn't stay in this hostel again sadly.

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the facilities and that the staff were on their feet. It can be a bit awkward with the crowds that develop in hostels, what with the traveler culture, but there's always a high turn over of people so it changes pretty rapidly. If all else fails and it makes you feel uncomfortable, we may be able to move you to another room. Thanks for the feed back!

- I was assigned to a first room where the people who was there before than me trashed the entire room and dirtied my bed. So I had to pay to change to another room, otherwise I would have to sleep in the middle of the trash.

Our room was very narrow, almost no space to spare with luggage of 4 people in there. I saw that there are other rooms for 4 people with more than double the space!

I know how you feel when trying to fit luggage in the rooms - it can be a bit like old-school Tetris. Unfortunately our building is fairly old so it's bounced from purpose to purpose a few times, and wasn't designed specifically as a hostel. We do have a luggage storage room to use if you're having troubles though :)

A decent hostel with excellent staff. The rooms weren't anything special. Internet was reliable but not very fast, at 125kb/s. Pub crawl wasn't anything to rave about, and was 90% dudes. Overall an okay place to stay.

Hehe, we'll work on wrangling in some more ladies and balancing out the gender ratio for the pub crawls ; ) It is pretty standard accommodation, main thing is it's a safe, dry port in the storm - and considering Manchesters climate, that's invaluable. Cheers for the review! : )

an average hostel, only a few issues, bunks are so close you can't stand between them without turning sideways, lots of noise from the street, only half of 1 toaster works, considering breakfast only consists of toast and cereal how hard would it be to have fully working toasters so no long waits just to make toast. other then that friendly staff and clean place

I can safely report that the toaster situation has been resolved (hoorah!) so speedy breakkys are now available. The hostel is located in the Northern Quater, it's the growing indie-art / music scene for Manchester, so the good thing is you dont need to go far for some lively scenes, but you are near all the action, mainly around weekends. If you do need them we have earplugs downstairs and so long as we have some room, the receptionists may be able to move you to a more suitable room.

Amazing location in an amazing city. Nice and clean. No elevator.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Thanks for the review - unfortunately because of the old design of the building there's no elevator. It can be a pain, particularly when we get deliveries, but if you have troubles in the future just ask the guys at receptions - they need the exercise!

Hatters was awesome. We only stayed one night but the hostel breakfast was so good (cereal) and the staff were so friendly that we really wished we could have stayed longer. The location and state of the dorm room and bathroom were all excellent and the lady on reception gave us awesome local tips and was a great laugh. Definitely will stay again. Thank you!

hehe, cheers guys, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay here. I figure it's important to get a good breakky in before a day of exploring - and naturally some good local tips are invaluable when you're traveling! Hope you guys enjoyed Manchester, Looking forwards to your return! : )

Stayed here for 2 nights, staff were very helpful, nice social but relaxed atmosphere, good common area and kitchen. Be careful with the lockers, you need to use a BIG lock or else the locker can still be opened (they have a sign beside the lockers to tell you this, but its useful to know before you arrive).

• 18th Aug 2014

Woop, woop, glad you enjoyed your stay! We're hoping to create a nice relaxed, but comfortable / professional atmosphere here so it's great to know we hit the nail on the head for you! The lockers are a bit of a pain, we do rent & sell padlocks at reception, and there are a few retailers nearby that sell some sturdy ones - but it is a bit weird that small locks can't keep them in place (I can't figure out the mechanics behind that?) Hope to see you again lovely!

Bangin' receptionists!

Boom! That's what we like to here! Hope you had a great time matey!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7