Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

It's everything fantastic, from the staff to the environment. However the bathrooms have been dirty all the time.

• 27th Jul 2014

Hatters was absolutely great! The staff was super helpful while booking day trips and always available to answer questions. The sister hostel on Newton was great as well. I went out on Caitlin's pub crawl on a Friday night and had the best time! She was so fun and approachable. I would definitely recommend attending one of them from Thursday to Saturday. Thanks for the memories, Caitlin!

• 25th Jul 2014

Good hostel to stay in Manchester. Rooms a bit small, but we enjoyed staying there.

I only stayed for 1 night in a 6 bed dorm, unfortunately the room faced the road which is extremely busy and loud so sleeping was a bit of a challenge. Apart from that everything was fine.

Check in was quick, beds and rooms were clean. Security guard was very unfriendly, and you don't have your own key or card to get back inside.

Great location, the hostel´s pub crawl is nice to met new people, it was clean and facilities were good. My only concern was that WiFi didn´t reach rooms, but that´s not a big deal anyway, you aren´t there to stay in your room.

The kitchen was extremely packed in the morning during breakfast. There is no wifi in the room (as mentioned when you book, but if u buy the wifi, it works pretty well) The bathroom in my room was quite dirty and stayed like that during my stay, not sure if it's the cleaner's fault or people in my roomies as they were a messy bunch of people. Sockets not equally distributed and it's pretty warm at night with the small window opened.

This hostel was in a great location, a street away from the main park and shopping area. The 6 bed female dorm had an ensuite with a great shower. Wifi access was free in the common rooms so most people used those areas for that purpose, rather than socialising with other hostellers. The staff were really friendly and helpful, even when my tour was difficult to book they were persistent. The hostel has different events every night. I would definitely be back here if I returned to Manchester.

very friendly enviroment

The location was fair. My buddy and I chose to stay in a 4 bedroom to get some quiet, but our room mates were terrible. This is to no fault of the hostel. The common areas were quite nice and the staff were knowledgable and helpful.

I recommend this hostel because of the staff, they are really friendly and polite, the living room is a nice place to drink a beer, you can also meet people from Manchester there. Really near to Manchester Picadilly Station. The bathroom was excelent in my shared room. The kitchen is well equipped and you can cook.

the location of the hostel is great, but the hostel itself was the noisy, not very clean and poor in atmosphere (but the staff is very friendly).

• 12th Jul 2014

I loved everything about this hostel. Amazing staff, great location, great facilities. Having to pay for the "good" wifi kinda sucked, but the free wifi wasn't that bad anyways. I would definitely stay here again.

Very good experience in general with Hatters at Hilton Chambers! I was in a 6-beds female dorm. The room was clean and not packed. The members of the staff were really nice, breakfast was OK, and everything was within walking distance. The only real downside was breaks of noise in the streets at night (-it didn't last all night long, but it was sufficient to wake me up-), so bring your earplugs if you don't do that already!

A great place with friendly staff and excellent location. The only inconvenient is the wifi limited to common areas.

Hostel's location is amazing, just a few minutes to Piccadily Gardens, Town Hall and museums by walk. Staff is very friendly and very helpful. Garden and Lounge are relaxing and creating a chance to meet people.

Had a good stay here. Location is really good, very close to city centre and bus station. The rooms where a little crammed, but the bedsheets seemed fresh. Girls and Boys bathrooms are separated. But the showers are directly in the shared bathroom, so you don't really have privacy. Cleanliness was alright. Hostel breakfasts never have a bigger variety than cornflakes and toast, but it tasted good, so no complaints there. Nice common room with TV and billard table. Would recommend this hostel!

• 6th Jul 2014

I always go to this hostel when I need to spend a night in Manchester because I always get a good sleep and it's clean and relaxed, with good music playing at breakfast time. This time I went I was a bit disappointed because it was dirtier and noisier than usual - maybe I just caught them on a bad day. I didn't like having to pay for 2 nights when I was only staying for one (minimum 2 nights stay at the weekend).

Everything was awesome, but staff could be friendlier.

Good hostel