7.5
Very Good 3,736 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 3,736 Total Reviews
Hatters at Hilton Chambers Located at 15 Hilton Street, , Manchester.
England
Manchester M1 1JJ 15 Hilton Street
75% 3736
53.4829511 -2.2344571
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

I really enjoyed my stay! It was in a great location, and the kitchen and common areas were really good. The walking tour they recommend is awesome too. The only things I didn't like about the hostel were the showers- there wasn't any private space in the female bathrooms to get changed, the showers are literally in the middle of the bathroom (lucky the glass was frosted). Anyone could walk into the bathroom and open the shower door, as there wasn't any locks.

• Belgium, Male, 31-40
4.9

One word: DISGUSTING I traveled quite a lot in Europe and US using hostels but was really the worst place I ever slept. I booked 2 night but I left after one, and stayed in the Holiday Inn the other night, the have a decent bathroom to wash the dirt from Hatters away. Yak! Don't go there!

22nd Apr 2016

Staff was very helpful with any questions I had! Very close to the city center so you can walk everywhere. They had info for a Free walking tour and offer pub crawls Friday and Saturday night for anyone looking to explore the city more! Get there early for the free breakfast. I stayed one night and they let me leave my stuff in the luggage closet, which was free! You just need to take your stuff by 6pm. Recommend for anyone coming to Manchester for the first time

• Italy, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2016
5.7

Hatters at Hilton Chambers is an ok hostel if you need to spend one night or two in Manchester.However, after not even one hour my friend and I were in the hostel, we got robbed. Plus, when got to bed i stayed up until 4-5 am cause there was a super drunk girl that was just shouting all the time. Plus, the toilet in my room was dirty and the bin was so full that tissues and other trash were just laying on the floor.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2016
4.6

It's aweful. The rooms are too little with absolutely no space for your belongings when they are full. The atmosphere was the worst I ever encountered. Breakfast was good regarding that it's included, nevertheless the rooms are too expensive. The kitchen was not clean at all, people did neither clean the things nor put them back and the staff didn't care about it. I hated everything about it and was happy when I left it.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2016
4.9

Only decent thing about the hostel was the location. Some of the staff were clueless as to how to run a business.

11th Apr 2016
7.4

Fairly basic downtown hostel. Party area of town, so was a bit noisy. 4 bed bunk room, ensuite bathroom which is nice. Basic toast and jam breakfast. OK for an overnight stay.

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016
6.6

Nothing that special here pretty basic it's a hostel not a hotel. One disappointment I had is cleanliness I can't speak for other guests but my room had a blocked shower drain so showering in other peoples waste water is not on. Reported the situation allowing 4hrs to fix the problem as with no action taken lead me to check out a day. Daily activities organised by the team and its pretty central but don't count on a good nights sleep as there is no double glazing so the parties can be heard 24/7

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2016
3.1

Dirty hostel - Skirting boards, behind beds, the floors (my feet were black after just walking over it a few times.), grates in the bedrooms/bathrooms that are all bent/broken, smelly rooms/bathroom and a bathmat that was full of hair. Pretty disgusting. The beds were pretty uncomfortable too & the door into the room also didn't shut properly so anybody could have walked in. So noisy both nights I was there so struggled to sleep, even with earplugs in. Don't go here...find somewhere else!

27th Mar 2016
2.0

Unprofessional service.

We're sorry to hear you found our service to be unprofessional. Looking at our records, we can see that you never showed up for your reservation. You are perhaps upset that you were charged a no-show fee because you failed to cancel within 24 hours of arrival.