Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Only thing I will say is the staff should be more friendly. Apart from that everything was average

• 27th Mar 2015

Wifi was horrible, I couldn't get it in my room during my entire stay. There are also no lockers in the dorm rooms although that wasn't really a problem for me. The hostel is also a bit hard to find if you're new to Manchester.

• 25th Mar 2015

Would recommend to stay here, pretty good as hostels go. The only thing is that it might be slightly cleaner (floors, general toilets, ensuite bathroom was fine) and the price for a stay on Saturday was quite steep. Neighborhood has lots of comic/game stores, always a plus. Also great (hipster-ish) coffee

Location is good in terms of being close to the city centre. But the hostel is also located in the party centre of Manchester. Expect a lot of noise to the wee hours in the morning. The room walls/window do not keep out the noise. And expect a lot of drunk/rowdy/loud people in the hostel. Not good if you want peace and quiet, and quality sleep.

The hostel is close to everything and really easy to find. I liked the atmosphere, the staff was friendly. Although the beds were a bit noisy, the room was allright too - didn't spend much time in it anyway (I was in a mixed 8-bed dorm on the first floor). Bathroom was clean, kitchen a bit smelly but what can you do with that? :) Make sure you bring a bigger lock if you wanna lock away your stuff on the corridor as my IKEA-lock was too small for that.

Using the Wifi was difficult. It can only be accessed on the lobby and it was very slow.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

It was a great place, and people were very welcoming and helpful.

• 7th Mar 2015

Great location,not even 5 mins walk to Piccadilly Gardens. Common areas were nice and clean. Most of the staff was really friendly and funny, although not always competent. Facilities are a bit run-down, especially windows, which prevented guests to air the room (Not nice with 12 people in the room). Unfortunately there was limited internet access in the commons areas only. All in all a good option for a hostel in Manchester!

I booked a room and was satisfied with a room size , also size of bathroom was good. Staff was very polite, atmosphere was nice. The location was both an advantage and a disadvantage. The centre of the city - great but at the same time it was very noisy on Saturday night because of traffic and people clubbing . What is more ,our neighbours were in and out all night. Sunday night was quieter though.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Poland

Friendly staff !!

The location was really off the city area and you had to walk a distance. The reception was inside this red door and we had to ring the bell thrice before there was someone who came and open the door. The lights in our flat wasn't working at all and it was pitch black in most of the areas,

The hostel has a great location in Manchester, close to everything, rooms were spacious and clean, staff could be more helpful (it was very difficult changing beds even staying in a almost empty room). In case I return to Manchester one day I would definitely stay with them again and I will recommend them to some friends.

Recommend us to ALL friends! We're sorry you had to change rooms - when we get groups in we usually allocate them at the beginning of the week but when a group of 10 decides to book the night before, we might have to change people around in order to get them in the same room. Some people just have WAY too many friends.

Great hostel in a very good location

Weeeeeeeey 100%! Thank you so much, this makes us very happy :) The Northern Quarter has got pretty much everything you need, and if you want to venture further out we're here to make sure you don't get lost!!!

There's lots of bar near by, it's really noisy till late night, but besides that, everything is great.

The commotion...you'll either love it or hate it. We just embrace the fact that the bars close earlier than a lot of other places in Europe. That's a lie, we don't. But we have earplugs at reception if you're having a hard time getting to sleep, or if you come to reception we'll see what we can do about moving you to into an internal room!

Overall the stay was very nice. The hostel is located near a lot of attractions, places to eat, and shopping; also only about a 10 min walk from the train station. Only minor complaint was that the beds were kind of noisy when people moved in them, but the mattresses are comfortable.

• 7th Feb 2015

Thanks so much for the review, we adore our location and so do our guests! Regarding your complaint - just come down to reception, we have strait jackets to strap people into when they're moving too much.

Staff were very helpful, nice friendly but quiet atmosphere and it's located in the northern quarter: which is great!

The review I just replied to said it was too noisy...we just can't win!! HOWEVER. If you feel the atmosphere is lacking somewhat, head down the road to Hatters with your voucher and you will be bored no more. Hatters has more of a party vibe (all of our activities start from Hatters) and when you're done raving you can rest your pretty head at Hilton. Best of both! Like Hovis.

Great functional hostel with clean facilities. Had a pool table in the TV room which was a nice bonus.

Functional is the building block of fun......? I think that's not the expression, but it's okay. Thank you so much for leaving a review, we're glad you liked our pool.

It has absolutely no security for bags and valueables and it wasn't the mind of place I felt safe leaving my stuff around. It was a little grungy and squat. The location was good and it was cheap but I would never stay there again

We're not sure if you spoke to reception about leaving your valuables with us...? We have a safe in the back office where we can store all your things - we have staff round the clock and every time a member of staff leaves the desk the door gets locked. For bigger bags we have a luggage room which is monitored by CCTV and a ticketing system - no ticket no bag (until after we interrogate you and make you sweat).

Excellents staff excellent location clean safe

WHADDA ELSE COULDA YOU WANT?!

The bathroom could do with an upgrade and whilst there were some terrible snorers in the room, that's not the hostels fault. I'd happily stay there again.

Some people hate em, some love em, and we are in the latter group. We are never getting rid of those toilets until they start to fail on us, they're antiques, and they're gorgeous. The snorers are not antiques, and they're not gorgeous. We might just open a hostel for toilets instead.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4