Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

I want to thank the staff of Hatters at Hilton Chambers for helping me fixx the mistake that was made during the booking / the hostel was clean / well situated in the center of Manchester / I met some great people

The hostel was all good, has everything you need. The location is awesome but it's quite loud at night for those not inclined to party. Word of warning about the 'famous' pub crawl though. Liquor is cheap and will give you a mad headache at best and a body rash at worst but they supply you with booze so that's good. With that said, and this isn't the hostel's fault really, but my buddy got drugged at some point during the crawl and ended up in the hospital without his wallet. Oh Manchester..

No locker in the room is not very convenient

• 15th May 2015
  • China

Great location right in the cbd. Rude staff member on arrival at about 1pm Thursday. I have previously worked in hostels myself and travelled to many. A smile goes a long way. When I returned the staff after 5pm were lovely (well done new girl). Not the party hostel I had hoped for but the location makes up for it. Excellent breakfast- thank you! The rooms were extremely hot which was noted by a lot of people. Other than that all was great!

Great atmosphere, would definitely stay here again.

The hostel was in a very nice area of Manchester, close to the shopping street (Market Street) and a lot of bars. Very clean and nice sleep. Will probably go there again if I was in Manchester again :)

Everything was wonderful except the beds wedge extremely squeaky! During the night whenever I rolled from my one side to my other, I was woken up by the bed squeaking. My roommates also felt the same about their top bunks as well. I slept a maximum of 3 hours in an intended 7 hour sleep.

• 6th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. The dorm room was spacious and really clean and the staff were fantastic & really friendly. The only problem I had was with getting back in the front door despite buzzing and showing my card, no one let me in but luckily someone was on their way out so it was no problem. The location is good - only 5-10 minute walk from Piccadily station and lots to do nearby, although I can imagine on a weekend it must be pretty noisy. Would definitely return here :).

Temperature of shower was a bit up and down like a yoyo. Noise of welding from outside of hostel straight at 8am, made it a good alarm clock in the morning. Otherwise my stay was generally fine. Room was clean, bed was good. Much appreciated strong wifi in room and key card access.

Thank you for the great girls at the reception! They supported me a lot and I am very thankfull for their help with my passport issue. It is a pitty that I did not have the time for a drink with them after I found my passport again. They were just lovely! It was a good stay there at the hostel. The location is good and the only thing what could be improved is a bar in the hostel where they sell beer.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Chambers as the hostel is very well located and very confortable. We could leave our bags in the luggage room after checking out, which was very convenient. Be aware of the public bathrooms (not-mixed, of course) though; the showers have transparent glass screens.

Wifi works badly. If you want good wifi, you have to pay. Lockers are in the hall, not in the rooms. There are some computers, but customers have to pay to use them. Kitchen is small so at the weekends there are no place to sit for all customers.

Staff were really friendly and more than willing to help us find certain locations on the map, as we're rubbish at navigating. They offer decent discount on nearby bars and eateries. We had a mixed 12 bed dorm and the room mates were all great. Ended up getting some drinks with them the next morning and chilling out around town for a while. We'll be back next time in Manchester for sure!

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

The Staff was very helpful , the location is perfect and it is probably the cleanest hostel we've never been

we had a great time, there were only some things we missed ... lockers in the room for the trolly/backpack, there were only small ones at the recepiton area, the pots and pans were very less and old, so s vor cooking it was quite difficult the breakfast was good we had tea/coffee, toast, jam, etc.

It was quite noisy on Saturday night because of bars and clubs around. However it was the cheapest place to stay in vicinity.

The accomodation was very small, the beds were very close. No plugs near the bed. To take a shower you need to have 1.50 m height because the water pipe is very low.

Great hostel location and bathroom was clean and tidy

Cookware and sllverware provided. Lots of people cook. A very diverse group of travellers of all nationalities and ages staying here. The rooms are very space efficient (aka cramped). However, located in the hip Northern Quarter and very close to the center of the city. Great price, great location.

I understand the prices were inflated because it was Easter weekend, but that meant what you got in return wasn't really Worth the money you spent. Hostel was clean, security was good and the included breakfast was quite satisfactory. I think a wifi working only in the common areas and not in the rooms is not the way to go in 2015. Having a small light and power plug for each bed would not be a bad idea. Still, a bit too expensive but overall a nice place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4