Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Brilliant breakfast for a hostel!

And it's free! Incredible.

I had a lovely stay at Hilton Chambers. The staff being very friendly and helpful, and as it is a somewhat smaller hostel, it had a very cosy feel to it. A calm place, when you don't want to much loud music and yelling and running around from other guests. Certainly a place I will recommend to others, going to Manchester!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Wifi was slow and unreliable. No free storage for luggage in rooms, rooms were very squashy. Our ensuite Bathroom in our 8bed dorm wasn't cleaned during our 4 days there. We had some food taken/thrown out despite beating labelled and bagged. Beds were very loud and very uncomfortable.

• 11th Dec 2014

Hi there, thanks for the comments. With our WI FI, we don't claim it to be the best but its free! For Super Duper broadband you have to pay a small amount for access. We also inform our guests that they can leave luggage with us for free as well until 6pm on departure. Our ninja housekeeprs also secretly change bins, replace toilet roll and up keep of cleanliness in the bathrooms every day you may have missed them. Apologies about the food but there is a risk that sometimes food will go astray!

Overall nice experience. The Only thing I was there for a few very cold nights. Staff kept saying heating is gonna come on soon, it never did and I had to wear a few layers to stay warm

• 2nd Dec 2014

The staff here are unhelpful and extremely disorganised. Two nights out of the three I stayed, another guest was allocated to my bed. The second time this happened I was downgraded and received neither compensation nor apology. Third night the sound from the street kept me awake all night. Would not recommend to anyone.

Hey there, I'm not sure what happened and and would say thats not our usual standards. We will continue to imporve our service and standards and try to do much better next time!

Not impressed, and won't stay again. At first, they refused to book me in, stating that my photo id wasn't good enough. Eventually, she relented. I got to my room, to discover someone sleeping in my bed. When I asked for a different bed, they then allocated me one that had already been slept in. I went outside for a cigarette whilst they changed the bedding, and then found I couldn't get back in as no one was manning the desk, so was stuck near midnight outside the building for an extra 10 mins.

Hi, feedback is always useful. I'm sorry about the trouble with check-in but we do our best to ensure that security is kept tight what with the potential of fraudulent or stolen I.D. In terms of the beds, people can get muddled-up. Letters can be hidden & accidents happen. So long as we're made aware, we can sort the beds for you. In the evening we only have one person on the desk as it's not busy. Certain events can pull them away to help guests or clean & patrol the hostel.

Beds aren't good, not awful but not a selling point. Good location but can be noisy in street-side rooms. Some very good staff, some a bit rude. Great social areas. Well cleaned. Typically UK hostel atmosphere, ruined at the weekends by people on a night out, but chilled and friendly the rest of the time. Price can be good but the amount it can go up by on certain nights is a rip off- I guess the night out crowd will pay it. Very secure.

Hey! Thanks for the review. I love the phrase 'Typical UK Hostel' - I know exactly what you mean - but it does make things colourful. I'm glad you made the most the location, both hatters are really well placed if you enjoy the alternative and indie cultures of Manchester. With regards to pricing, it naturally gets more expensive around weekends when there are big events on. Unfortunately that means that when the city gets more exciting, it also gets more expensive :( ce la vi!

The staff and owners were very helpful and kind and always available to help or chat. Located at the heart of the city and easy to travel to and from.

Hey Rahib, Thank's for the review! It's good to know the bosses are behaving themselves, and we're stoked you enjoyed meeting the staff too (you will be missed)! Hopefully you made the most of the hostels prime location near the good music and food venues in the northern Quater!

Food not too good: half the fruit and the bread would be mouldy :(

Hey, thanks for the review! That's not good! If you ever see that, give your staff a heads up and they can take care of it. Unfortunately food can be a tricky thing to juggle sometimes, especially bread - the bane of my breakfast! But our staff should bite the bullet and deal with anything like that for you ; )

Very good Hostel to meet people and made some friends. Very nice staffs, They are friendly y kindly. I recomend this Hostel and sure come back there.

Yay! Thanks for the lovely review Renata! We're stoked you enjoyed your time and made some friends in Manchester (or international, as the case may be)! Next time you'll have to critique us to make sure we're maintaining this awesome standard!!

Very friendly stay. It was a pleasure to stay here

Hey Gregory, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time here and that you found it welcoming and friendly! hopefully we'll have the pleasure of hosting you again!

It was a good hostel in a good location, but my room was right across the street from a super loud bar that played loud music until 5am. There are also no lockers, there are tiny ones that might fit a purse but not ones in the rooms or big enough for a suitcase. You also can't get wifi in the rooms, only in common areas. Because of this the common areas are crammed and theres not enough seating. The staff was a little unfriendly, and not all of them spoke English. Way over priced.

Hey! Thanks for the review Ashleigh! As is the same for all hostels, the positioning comes with pros and cons. The pro is we're near the zaney night life of Manchester, but the con is we're near the zaney night life of Manchester! The rooms are some peculiar shapes and sizes, owning to the buildings unknown history! It does make it difficult to fit lockers in, but there are some under camera watch in the corridors. And the prices also fluctuate around a bit due to events in the city

nice hostel and it's located very close to (which i believe to be) the city centre, approx. 5 min walk to picadilly gardens. the staff is very friendly and helpful. but in the shared room where i stayed in there were no lockers. breakfast was alright and tea, coffee and toast are provided all time round. i only spent 24 hrs in mcr so for this short period everything was ok for me. hostel is a bit run down but that just seems to be the case with accomodation in england.

Haha, I like your uncertainty concerning Manchester's city centre. It is an odd little city. The location is a good point, especially for those just visiting the city briefly. Unfortunately with the lockers, not all the rooms have enough space for lockers. We have some in the corridors under the cameras, or you're more than welcome to leave precious articles such as laptops and passports at the front desk for free if needs be :) And yes - England is old and full of equally old buildings

: excellent location, clean bathroom - : very loud at night, wifi just at reception, too expensive for a tiny room (with a broken "closet") in November!

thanks for the review! Hopefully you made the most of the location! Unfortunately being near the alt-art & indie hub of Manchester does come with a price; but in the mid week it's pretty easy going and cosy here - unless there's football on, in which case no ones safe! The building itself is pretty old, and the architecture is a bit funky. But we do what we can with what we have!

Really nice and helpful staff.

Why thank you ; ) Come back anytime!

Expensive - £40 pn in a 6bed dorm!!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Phew!? That must have been a chronic weekend (unless there was more than one of you). The prices are set to fluctuate depending on what events are on in the city. Manchester is a bit of an events hub for the U.K. the population of this city of football mad with up to two matches a week, lots of gigs and events like the warehouse project also draw in crowds from all over. The down side to all this awesome is that it naturally drives up the prices of all accom in the city too.

Nice hotel in excellent location. Would recommend.

Aww shucks! Thank's for the review, we're glad you enjoyed your time here!

Horrible experience. I stayed there for 3 nights and none of those nights could even sleep well with the noise from street dunkers. Even horrible with the last night a group of guy getting into our female dorm and woke all is up, it's a terrible security problem.

Hi, oh no please come and talk to us at reception. we take security seriously at the hostel. We pride ourselves of having CCTV in all corridors, have group code of conducts and inform guests of our ID policy that they need to show us after 11pm. Sometimes we can't control all behaviours but if we find out of any misdemeanor we will deal with it.

We only stayed one night in a private room, however we would be happy to stay again. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wifi didn't work in our room.

Thank you! It would be nice to have you back! :)

this is the last noght for me.. I will miss so much this place! you really feel as home.. GReat AtmosPHERe!!!!! the staff is friendly, lovely and ever available to help you! Specially the recepcionist Flavia! :) very beautiful and clean rooms and warm common area! you can meet so many amazing people there and enjoy the hostel activities!!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

We miss you too. Thank you for staying, it was a pleasure having you :) We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and made friends with the socialites we hire & host. Hope to see you again!