Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

First stay in a hostel outside North America, splendid! Very clean, secure facilities (key card access to the dorms), near the bustle of The centre of town.

Hey, thanks for the great review! We love our location, and the Northern Quarter is a really fun, alternative area ! :)

Great location close to the centre and in the Northern quarter with lots of nice cafés, bars and restaurants nearby. Friendly staff and decent rooms for a cheap buck, all in all a great deal on a nice place with a good location.

Staff wasn't the friendliest, but definitely cleaner and better looking than the other hatter's hostel in manchester!

Good spot for a short stay in Manchester, I was there at the beginning of the week so the town was pretty dull and so was the hostel.

This hostel is nice to stay in. Very well located. In the northern quarter, close to the bus station and main city square. Cleanliness and safety isnt an issue either. Only con is that its a little expensive and there arent a lot of other hostel options in Manchester. Plus the breakfast is very plain as well. No ham or cheese with bread.

For hostel it was really clean and quiet over the night. The beds were fine too and the breakfast good

• 22nd May 2015
  • Austria

The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful.. except for one girl with blonde and pink hair, she was really nice. One girl with dark brown hair and brown eyes with a foreign accent was particularly rude. She shouldn't be working in the hospitality business.

• 22nd May 2015

Really nice staff, good location. Horrible facilities, not clean, smelly, old furniture, lack of air, lots of drunk people from all different ages.

No heater in the room. Free wifi Breakfast included (toasts, cereals, teas, juices) Room and bathroom very clean Very good location Nice shower Shampoo and soap availables Towels can be rented Outsise area to hangout You can leave your bags before check in and after check out

great place to stay however was let down by the receptionist. She was unhelpful when I arrived to find someone had slept in my bed. She told me to pick another. When I asked if there was a another room was available she she said no, however I was told by another traveller that their room had only themselves staying there. Room was next to a bathroom so constant door slamming through the night. would stay again but not in a urgent hurry.

I want to thank the staff of Hatters at Hilton Chambers for helping me fixx the mistake that was made during the booking / the hostel was clean / well situated in the center of Manchester / I met some great people

I thought the hostel was pretty nice , it's right in the city centre which was beneficial if you wanna go bar hopping . The staff was friendly. That place was pretty clean. Only thing I would say is if you don't wanna hear party noise don't go here there is a lot of noise from the streets. Other then that my stay at hatters was awesome. I loved meeting 5 different girls from different cultures in my room. I would totally recommend it.

• 15th May 2015

The hostel was all good, has everything you need. The location is awesome but it's quite loud at night for those not inclined to party. Word of warning about the 'famous' pub crawl though. Liquor is cheap and will give you a mad headache at best and a body rash at worst but they supply you with booze so that's good. With that said, and this isn't the hostel's fault really, but my buddy got drugged at some point during the crawl and ended up in the hospital without his wallet. Oh Manchester..

No locker in the room is not very convenient

• 15th May 2015
  • China

One of the most uncomfortable beds I've slept on at a hostel. Overall not much happening at this hostel but the location is good, in the best part of the city. I wouldn't stay here again though.

Great location right in the cbd. Rude staff member on arrival at about 1pm Thursday. I have previously worked in hostels myself and travelled to many. A smile goes a long way. When I returned the staff after 5pm were lovely (well done new girl). Not the party hostel I had hoped for but the location makes up for it. Excellent breakfast- thank you! The rooms were extremely hot which was noted by a lot of people. Other than that all was great!

Great atmosphere, would definitely stay here again.

The hostel was in a very nice area of Manchester, close to the shopping street (Market Street) and a lot of bars. Very clean and nice sleep. Will probably go there again if I was in Manchester again :)

Everything was wonderful except the beds wedge extremely squeaky! During the night whenever I rolled from my one side to my other, I was woken up by the bed squeaking. My roommates also felt the same about their top bunks as well. I slept a maximum of 3 hours in an intended 7 hour sleep.

• 6th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. The dorm room was spacious and really clean and the staff were fantastic & really friendly. The only problem I had was with getting back in the front door despite buzzing and showing my card, no one let me in but luckily someone was on their way out so it was no problem. The location is good - only 5-10 minute walk from Piccadily station and lots to do nearby, although I can imagine on a weekend it must be pretty noisy. Would definitely return here :).