Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

I really enjoed my stay here. All of the facilities were great and I met alot of cool people. I went on the Thursday night pub crawl with Pablo and it was really good. The only negatives I would say would be that there was no lockers in the rooms, but they did have lockers outside the rooms. Also there were no sharps knives in the kitchen, but when someone mentioned that they said they said would order some more.

• 20th May 2014

stay was spoiled somewhat by a group of lads in the next room deciding to start a party at 6am, not the hostels fault... just annoying.

• 17th May 2014

We do try our best to keep the noise down after 11pm (having said that, at that time in the morning it may have been difficult to differentiate whether they were partying or just REALLY enjoyed the start to every new day). I know it's annoying to get out of bed at that time but if it's an issue just let our night guys know, they work wonders!

The only negative is no lockers in the room. Stayed in a four bed dorm so that was annoying. They do have valuables lockers available at no extra charge just not in room

Great common areas but rooms could definitely use some work. Location is amazing but I did not like that there were creepy middle aged men in my room and also no lockers in the rooms.

NOT that all middle aged people are 'creepy', but our Hilton street hostel has more of a hotel feel which may attract an older generation than our sister hostel Hatters, which is more of a backpackers' (and just a one minute walk from Hilton). Try that next time and see what you think :)

The hostel was clean and tidy and the breakfast was plentiful. The location is great for being in the centre of Manchester but this also means that the hostel is incredibly noisy, especially on the weekends as the windows are not double glazed or soundproofed and you get the full blast of noise of Manchester at the weekend until at least 2.30am. Sleep was difficult on both friday and saturday nights.

We would recommend a hostel/hotel off the main streets - while the Northern Quarter is lovely for it's liveliness, you're right, it's not amazing for a nice quiet break! We are usually full on the weekends but if you ask at reception there is a chance we can move you to an internal room that might not be quite as noisy :)

Perfect choice for a short visit to Manchester, very helpful staff, nice facilities and 5 min from the centre.

Thanks!! We hope you took advantage of all the bars and restaurants situated in the Northern Quarter (right on our doorstep)!

I stayed at both the Hatters and liked this one more. It's a bit newer and fresher. But staff in both places were great, free breakfast, excellent location. The lockers here were broken, though. I left my laptop etc in the locked luggage room though, which was no trouble.

Hello :) We're glad you were able to experience both hostels!! You do need quite a large lock for our lockers to work so that may have been the case, but we'll have a look and get onto it of not!!

Lovely hostel. Real friendly staff and amazing breakfast (I’m used to stale toast, this was NOT stale toast!). Didn’t get the best night sleep (not the greatest mattresses), but other than that both thumbs up!

.....um.....why are you used to stale toast? Haha, we're glad we provided you with a little luxury!! Thanks for the review ;)

Brilliant location in the heart of Manchester, buzzer entry and friendly enough staff. Duvet and rented towels had some marks/stains on them but they were obviously clean - you get what you pay for :) brilliant value for money!

Great hostel, extremely friendly and helpful staff, felt like a homely experience. would highly recommend it, and the city of Manchester. Also if anyone can beat my Mario kart score, ill be very impressed! Darin

Hahah, we'll let you know. Keep in mind that our host keeps her beady eyes on all your tricks and does this every week..... she will sneakily rise to the top, we reckon.

Exelent locatio and value for money

The room was so hot (it was early May) and you can't open the window at night because of the noise from the street. It was miserable. I checked out early and booked another place so I could get some sleep. The lockers are in the hallway, so no secure place to store your luggage in the room, only small lockers in the hall. Showers/bathroom was clean.

Just a great overall experience! It's situated perfectly to easily get to Piccadilly Gardens within a few minutes walk. There's also tons of great bars for seeing some great music. Definitely check out night

• 19th Apr 2014

Yess thanks! Piccadilly gardens is the main transport depot where you can get to anywhere in and around Manchester, and besides that we are close to all the bars in the Northern Quarter, not forgetting the vintage-y wonderworld of Affleck's Palace :) We do hold music nights occasionally here at Hatter's too - check out our Facebook page for news, and get yourself back here for more good times!

Was a good hostel. Only stayed the 1 night but I would chose the other hatters if I had my time again.

So come back and make it happen!! Our hostels are very close together but are two quite different experiences - Hatters is more of a 'party hostel' and Hilton Chambers is more 'hotel-y'! But remember that whatever hostel you are booked into, you are welcome to hang out in the other one -just show your Hatter's security voucher :) Best of both worlds!

If your room is on the street side and you have booked a room during the week end, don't expect to sleep easily, it is quite noisy.

Very good place

• 18th Apr 2014

Cheers matey!

There was an ancient person in my room, he stared at me non-stop and was always there all times of day. I immediately locked up everything, I have never been so scared in my life.

Please, please, please let us know if you have any trouble like that - we always put ourselves in the shoes of our guests in reference to room-sharing, so we will understand completely if you feel uncomfortable, and try to move you to a different dorm!

Had a great stay in Manchester. Good central location. Never got to breakfast but heard it was alright. The Aussie guy at the desk was very helpful and explained many things to us in depth. But the blonde girl working with him had the worst attitude that made me feel like she resented the sound of that buzzer and anyone that touched it. Polish lady on the weekends was very polite and helpful too. All in all, Hatters is a good hostel and I would stay again.

Thanks for the review - Our speaker for the buzzer is broken at the minute and I think it may have been a case of frustration towards technology rather than our guests!!! We're glad you enjoyed Manchester though and hope you got to explore our vintagey, barry surroundings to the highest extent possible :)

It was a busy weekend in Manchester, and the room was quite noisy with the sounds coming from the street... Everything else was ok.

Oh Manchester! I'm afraid (and somewhat pleased) that every weekend in Manchester is a busy weekend, and with a central location comes a little bit of noisiness! We do make sure that our guests keep it down after 11pm in the building, but unfortunately can't control outsiders that way ;)

Overall it was good, they have a kitchen a continental breakfast and good internet. They also offer luggage storage for the day you check out. It's relatively close to the Picadilly Gardens bus stop. The thing I didn't like about this hostel was that there was no locker in the room for your suitcase, and the lockers available weren't big enough to store all of your belongings, just valuables like laptops. The lockers had a large hole so my small lock wouldn't work and I had rent a larger lock.

I'm afraid that with 160 odd beds, we don't have space for individual suitcase lockers! we do have a luggage room however where you can leave your things for free - we just give you a ticket to show us when you want to retrieve your things, which you can do anytime with our 24 hour reception staff :)