Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

A great travellers' hostel, very international. Staff were very helpful, facilities clean, breakfast much better than most places in London. Hard to find a hostel like this in the UK any more! Really enjoyed my stay. The only downside is the internet - connection pathetic and none in the rooms (unless u pay extra).

Glad you enjoyed it - and super proud we undermined London in and it's hostels - hehehe. The internet can be a bit hard to navigate. The free wi-fi is useful but it's mainly focused in the common rooms, (and then sometimes you do need to find a sweet spot) - I'm personally not a fan of any invisible technology, it's all magic to me!

Great location, amid arty area. Not much from the outside but have a nice outdoor area in the middle of the hostel. Comfortable beds, good breakfast, can't say anything bad about the place.

haha, that's for the lovely review, we do always welcome constructive criticism but flattery is wonderful too! Glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you made the most of the North Quater and its excess of hipsters!

Very very happy with all aspects of my stay and highly recommended to anyone of my friends to stay when in Manchester, Thanks to all.

• 9th Aug 2014

No worries! glad you enjoyed your stay, and naturally, you're welcome back any time! Hope you enjoyed Manchester as well - the little industro-art city it is!

One of the better hostels I've stayed at! Staff were really helpful, rooms were clean, great value for money and good location ! Only downfall is wifi is only accessible in the reception/dining areas.

hehe, we're glad you enjoyed it all - particularly the staff, it takes time to groom a good crop of workers! Wifi can be a bit hit and miss in the hostel, depending on how temperamental it's feeling - oh, the woes of technology. You can buy wifi vouchers at the front desk and take it to your room if you want some extra privacy.

Nice hostel. I would recommend though that every room should have a locker to save your stuff during the day.

glad you liked it here. It is a good idea to have lockers in the rooms, the pro of having them in the corridors is that they're monitored by the cameras in the hostel - just for a bit of extra security for the valuables.

This place looks like it's been recently done up coz it looks very attractive inside. Female dorm had enough power sockets for everyone, the bathroom was clean. For that price I was surprised at how great a place this is. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Thank you lovely! Glad you got your moneys worth. I'm glad you liked the presentation too, we've not had any major renovations, we've just got a crack team of cleaners that keep us looking young!

Good location and had a nice time. Would stay there again.

Thanks matey, glad you enjoyed your stay!

Great location! Very secure. Friendly staff too.

Hehe, yay! glad you enjoyed your time here. I figure security is paramount, especially for travelers, so it's good to know we're hitting the nail on the head in that respects. I think all we're missing is a cosy fireplace and a homely old granny to bake some fresh pies, (but that's just my opinion).

Very friendly staff, great location and facilities. Hostel itself is very clean and cozy.

Glad you settled in here, its good to know we're creating a good environment for people to come too, particularly after traveling myself, it's always nice to find a good port-in-a-storm. Hope to see you again next time you swing by Manchester!

hostel was good only issue i found that wi-fi kept droping out may need to fine tune it overall after that i can't complain to much

Glad you liked the hostel! The wi-fi can be a bit tricky to tak onto, it does sometimes take a bit of navigation to negotiate a strong signal at times, the good thing is we have a fair bit of space for people to explore around - and it's free!

Very comfortable and well located way to spend a night in Manchester.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • franzification
  • Mexico

Glad you enjoyed it! I think our position in the northern Quater is pretty awesome, so long as you like music and modern culture! It's just nice to have somewhere comfortable amongst it to fall back to!

Had a very pleasant stay, useful staff and in a good location … maybe some marmalade at breakfast though ;)

• 4th Aug 2014

hehe, we'll see about broadening the menu for you! Glad you enjoyed your stay though, I do love the Northern Quarter!

Nice kitchen. Clean, friendly... The only problem is that I passed by the hostel when I was seeking it. Be careful for the signboard of the hostel!

We are hidden away a bit, one storey above the main street. You have to be in the right position on the road to see the big sign properly, but at least you made it! Any problems in the future, the best bet is to give us a call and we can try to describe it to you!

Nice place and gr8 location, breakfast was alright but they can improve it.

Glad you liked the hostel, and the location is pretty sweet if you like city life. We'll work on broadening the breakky out ;) as it stands, at least you can get seconds!

Pretty decent hostel, good location, breakfast was quite good and people were not too loud in my room. Struggled to find cheap parking nearby and the hostel charges for use of internet computers, kitchen space was large enough, just about enough space, lounge space was ok, TV didn't seem to work, quite a few people were staying long-term so must be ok.

Very nice hostel! Ideally located, friendly and responding staff (upon discovering that I had been assigned a top bunk bed, I went to the reception to see if I could switch to a bottom instead, and the change was made without a problem), a very strong bleach smell as I entered my dorm (which is a very good thing for me - it's clean!). My only complaint is the fact that you have to pay a very expensive fee to get wifi in the bedrooms, and the leisure room and the kitchen are very small.

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here - I'm not so sure on the smell of bleach, but like you said, it does mean things are clean! Wi-fi is a bit of a pain, but we do have free wifi around the common areas to save some money, and you can use the paid wifi in small increments. Wifi always felt expensive to me while traveling :/

Hostel in center, nice free breakfast and organised activities different every day, pool tabe in living room. Luggage room avaliable only till 6 pm

Cheers for the review matey! hopefully we have everything here to keep travelers entertained and ready. The reasoning behind closing the luggage room is to prevent it from being jammed up with bags in the morning. We do allow people to use it after 6pm but it costs £5.0 to store things in there.

The hostel was very noisy after 11pm, the night porters didn't even attempt to control the noise level. Also, the hostel is located near some clubs so the noise also come from outdoors. The rooms are very spacious, I was staying in a 4 beds dorm, but they don't have lockers, which are located in the corridors. There aren't enough and it's not handy at all. The toilettes were dirty for most of the time I stayed at the hostel.

The Northern Quarter can get a bit loud, especially around weekends! We do have disposable earplugs at reception, and if the problems persist we can move people to another room, depending on what works. Otherwise it is a con of inhabiting the city centre. The good thing about the lockers is that they're in view of the cameras rather than in the rooms, but hopefully we will be getting more in when we spruce up reception.

There was problems with the electronic door lock on 3 days I was there mainly the one between reception and 2nd floor however one night the downstairs lock didn't work at all so anyone could walk into the building!, The staff were very helpful though always friendly and happy to help. The pub crawl was well organised by Caitlin who was very good managing to strike balance between getting people in party spirit and losing control of them. A very good evening was had.

No lockers for luggage. Fully equipped kitchen and free breakfast till 10. Pub crawl is fun and wifi is good