Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Great hostel, extremely friendly and helpful staff, felt like a homely experience. would highly recommend it, and the city of Manchester. Also if anyone can beat my Mario kart score, ill be very impressed! Darin

Hahah, we'll let you know. Keep in mind that our host keeps her beady eyes on all your tricks and does this every week..... she will sneakily rise to the top, we reckon.

Exelent locatio and value for money

The room was so hot (it was early May) and you can't open the window at night because of the noise from the street. It was miserable. I checked out early and booked another place so I could get some sleep. The lockers are in the hallway, so no secure place to store your luggage in the room, only small lockers in the hall. Showers/bathroom was clean.

Just a great overall experience! It's situated perfectly to easily get to Piccadilly Gardens within a few minutes walk. There's also tons of great bars for seeing some great music. Definitely check out night

• 19th Apr 2014

Yess thanks! Piccadilly gardens is the main transport depot where you can get to anywhere in and around Manchester, and besides that we are close to all the bars in the Northern Quarter, not forgetting the vintage-y wonderworld of Affleck's Palace :) We do hold music nights occasionally here at Hatter's too - check out our Facebook page for news, and get yourself back here for more good times!

Was a good hostel. Only stayed the 1 night but I would chose the other hatters if I had my time again.

So come back and make it happen!! Our hostels are very close together but are two quite different experiences - Hatters is more of a 'party hostel' and Hilton Chambers is more 'hotel-y'! But remember that whatever hostel you are booked into, you are welcome to hang out in the other one -just show your Hatter's security voucher :) Best of both worlds!

If your room is on the street side and you have booked a room during the week end, don't expect to sleep easily, it is quite noisy.

Very good place

• 18th Apr 2014

Cheers matey!

There was an ancient person in my room, he stared at me non-stop and was always there all times of day. I immediately locked up everything, I have never been so scared in my life.

Please, please, please let us know if you have any trouble like that - we always put ourselves in the shoes of our guests in reference to room-sharing, so we will understand completely if you feel uncomfortable, and try to move you to a different dorm!

Had a great stay in Manchester. Good central location. Never got to breakfast but heard it was alright. The Aussie guy at the desk was very helpful and explained many things to us in depth. But the blonde girl working with him had the worst attitude that made me feel like she resented the sound of that buzzer and anyone that touched it. Polish lady on the weekends was very polite and helpful too. All in all, Hatters is a good hostel and I would stay again.

Thanks for the review - Our speaker for the buzzer is broken at the minute and I think it may have been a case of frustration towards technology rather than our guests!!! We're glad you enjoyed Manchester though and hope you got to explore our vintagey, barry surroundings to the highest extent possible :)

It was a busy weekend in Manchester, and the room was quite noisy with the sounds coming from the street... Everything else was ok.

Oh Manchester! I'm afraid (and somewhat pleased) that every weekend in Manchester is a busy weekend, and with a central location comes a little bit of noisiness! We do make sure that our guests keep it down after 11pm in the building, but unfortunately can't control outsiders that way ;)

Overall it was good, they have a kitchen a continental breakfast and good internet. They also offer luggage storage for the day you check out. It's relatively close to the Picadilly Gardens bus stop. The thing I didn't like about this hostel was that there was no locker in the room for your suitcase, and the lockers available weren't big enough to store all of your belongings, just valuables like laptops. The lockers had a large hole so my small lock wouldn't work and I had rent a larger lock.

I'm afraid that with 160 odd beds, we don't have space for individual suitcase lockers! we do have a luggage room however where you can leave your things for free - we just give you a ticket to show us when you want to retrieve your things, which you can do anytime with our 24 hour reception staff :)

Great location, lost going on pub crawls every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. It is very loud at night in the rooms as they dont have double glazed windows or heavy curtains. The place was clean and tidy. Good value for money.

I'm afraid the noise does come with the location!! If you ask us at reception we can provide you with earplugs though :) Thanks for the review!

The bedrooms and toilets were clean but the kitchen was not. The first morning, I went to have the free breakfast and I couldn't eat because the dishes were dirty with stuck food of previous days. At the end, I never had the breakfast given by the hostel. Anyway, the breakfast looked extremely poor.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Chile

Hi, we're so sorry about that, but please understand that as our kitchen is self serving, we can't always monitor the washing up standards of our guests!! However if you let us know we will be happy to come in and inspect, we don't like dirty dishes either :( Our breakfast consists of cereals, toast, fruit, juice, muesli, yoghurt and tea and coffee, and is free..........!!

Perfect location. Friendly staff. An extra for a key for the locker is not necessary. A bit more cleaning up in the shared bathroom would be nice.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Unfortunately we experienced a lot of cases of 'missing padlocks', so we now have a £2 charge for them, but you can always leave your things in our office safe, or in our luggage room free of charge :) Thanks for the review and we hope you enjoyed Manchester! We do.

Everything was good, better than I expected. Nice staff, decent and clean rooms, perfect and well equiped kitchen (including basic food - salt, sugar, coffee, tea, oil etc.). Breakfasts are very basic there (bread, butter, marmelade, coffee) but for free. The reception works around-the-clock. No problem appeared.

Was only there one night but friendly, accommodating staff, great location, comfy beds and they provide out of room lockers. One ensuite bathroom for 6 people. Nice and big and good shower.

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks so much, we're right in the centre of the Northern Quarter and do our best to make sure our facilities are up to date and that everyone is happy!!

Location is between the city centre and coach station. Kitchen opens 24 hours where you can make a drink and sitting there working on your laptop or something. Room and shower room are clean. It is much better than the other hatters nearby (even though a little bit more expensive).

Very nice hostel, good value for money.

Thanks for the review :)

Good staff, good facilities. But the bed was not very comfortable and it was a little bit noisy during night.

I spent 2 days at Hatters, one of which was a Man United game day and the other was St. Patricks day. So both nights were quite loud! Taking this into account though, the hostel is in prime position to explore the city, walking distance from the train and bus stations. The hostel is great for accommodating people on a budget with great cooking facilities and free wifi, a laundrette down stairs. However the common room was quite small and crowded especially when the hostel is very full!

Haha, well done with your choice of nights!! We hoped you joined in the festivities a little? Even if it was forced upon you by rowdy guests? Haha. We do have cooking facilities for you all to use (but no oven, it is very distressing watching our guests try in vain to fry their pizzas on the stovetop) plus coffee, tea and hot chocolate for these cold nights that will soon hopefully GO AWAY.