Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Excellent value for money and very relaxed atmosphere. Clean bed to sleep in and as much free coffeee you can drink! My daughter lives in Manchester and I visit when I can and will definitely stay at the hostel again

• 15th Dec 2013

Well your daughter has made an excellent choice :) You're welcome back anytime!!

Good location, reasonably priced, helpful

• 7th Dec 2013

Yes, yes, yes!!

Good hostel in a pretty good location. Friendly and helpful staff. We had a problem in one room, but the staff sorted it out for us straight away without hassle. Recommend staying here.

No worries guys, it was indeed a pretty potent problem :p Enjoy your travels!!

Very good hostel and nice staffs. If the kitchen can be more clean will be cool of course I understand that is the responsibility to the users but you know, not everyone willing to take it. I actually very satisfied to this hostel and must pick them again in the future.

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Unfortunately we can't hire 24/7 kitchen staff and as we need to be on the desk to buzz guests in, answer the phones etc., it's difficult to run back and forth between the kitchen and desk! We appreciate that you enjoyed our hostel though and hope to see you again soon :)

Apart from a bloke talking in his sleep ...all night... nice place

We hire those people especially for 24/7 entertainment. We apologise that you didn't appreciate his efforts..........................and thanks :)

The hostel is very conveniently located. Our room (8 beds room) was clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Akh, we do what we can, as do our housekeeping team :)

Great place, rooms where bigger than average and bathrooms where a decent size as well. No lockers in the rooms was a pain if you have valuables. Location was amazing five minutes to everywhere. Would stay again for sure!

Thanks!!! Our location is great with all the bars and restaurants around - very convenient for us after work ;) We have just moved the lockers into a more central area in the hostel, but we still avoid putting them in the rooms as we don't want to cramp you guys together! Down here we can kung fu fight anyone who looks at your locker door in the wrong way anyway.

The hostel was cool. I had a blast on the Bar Crawl that they organized and met some cool people in the kitchen late that night.

• 23rd Nov 2013

...............................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gm9rxNxyDU

Nice hostel, friendly staff. Online booking not always up to date with current availabiliity, other than that no issues!

Thanks for your review! We do try our best to keep our availability up to date but in rare occasions we get bookings made within a few seconds of each other which is almost unavoidable! We will definitely keep in mind to stay right on top of that though :)

The place is very well located and staff is very helpful, especially the night staff. They accept lots of groups so it lacks a bit of backpackers atmosphere.

The majority of our staff reviews are great so I'm not sure what went wrong here! We are happy to give you any information that will make your stay the best as it can be during your time here, however we apologise that you feel we didn't give 110%!

Great place, I would go back. Kitchen fully stocked and it was great having the food always available!

We know traveling on a budget can get tough, so our coffee, tea and toast is available to you guys 24/7 as a last resort :)

nice staff,good location and security,not dirty but not clean ether, rooms were crowded and small. not a really awesome hostel overall, but ok for a night or 2.

I was very happy staying at the Hatters. Next time I will book again where there is a Hatters hostel.

• 11th Nov 2013

Thanks so much! We have Hatters hostels in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham and every one is as excellent as the next, so definitely keep us in mind ;)

Overall stay at the hostel was good! Bathroom is clean and spacious in the 6 female bed dorm, location was perfect! Just a few minutes walk to the Picadilly Gardens (Where you can take all the buses) and Arndale Shopping Centre. Staff is very friendly in giving travel advices. Would recommend this to my female friends who are travelling as security and location are great.

Thank you so much :) We are located right in the Northern Quarter which is close to everything, and we give you security passes at reception to avoid any toast thieves getting in during the night :)

Close to the bus stations. Wifi doesn't work in rooms, head to use the common room which would have been okay but the was a large group of very noisy eastern Europeans occupying that room. Wifi slow and cuts out every 15 minutes by design and you have to log back in. I bought the wrong day bus ticket on my phone because it didn't refresh because it had logged me out. My mistake but wouldn't have happened with good wifi. Showers have see through glass sceens- no privacy for the shy.

Hi! We do put signs up in reception and around the building for people to buy the unlimited wi-fi if they want to use youtube/skype etc., however this tends to go unnoticed and what we are left with are guests who can't get simple things done because other guests in the building are pushing the wi-fi beyond it's limits :( We will try to speak to our tech team and see if they can put a bar on video streaming and hopefully that will help! We're sorry :(

I spent some days with a friend of mine at the Hatters Hilton Chambers and we had a good time!

• 5th Nov 2013

Thanks, bring all your friends next time, the more the merrier :) Enjoy the festive season guys yippee!!

The hostel is clean and very friendly. The showers are amazingly powerful and clean. The beer garden is cute and the cinema screen is great for monday night cinema night. My only quibble is the internet is frustrating.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Thanks so much :D The rain must have kept away for you in the beer garden, so we're pleased about that haha! The Wi-fi however is very frustrating for us too, as it taints our lovely comments! We have had a chat with the guys that supply our wi-fi and are working on getting it to run more smoothly. As for cinema night, we've got plenty of other activity nights too, so get back here mayn!

Had an excellent time during my stay. Only problem is the spam emails I received after staying in the hostel. If I want to rate you, I'll rate you. Stop pestering me.

• 1st Nov 2013

We're so sorry! To my knowledge, the only email you will receive from us is the automated email asking whether you enjoyed your stay and whether you wanted to leave any comments on our own sites. If you book with a remote site however, you may get emails from them which we can't help! We're glad you enjoyed our stay though, and we were wondering whether you wanted to leave a review on our.... kidding. Hope to see you soon :)

Best Hostel in Manchester

BOOM thank you so much!!! We agree ;)

I got to the hostel before the check in time. The staff told me that my bed wasn't ready yet but if i waited half an hour they would be able to do the registration and let me in anyway. I had a huge backpack, so i decided to wait at reception. Not only they had me waitig for two hours, but when it was actually the time to check in my bed still wasn't available. There is free wifi in the common areas. I paid for having it at my room, but it didn't work. They did a refund of my money anyway.

We're so sorry for what you experienced!!! We do usually manage to get the HK team to first do beds that are waiting for early arrivals such as yourself, but I am guessing that the morning of your stay was extra busy from the night before!!! We could avoid this from happening by not suggesting early check in, but we like to cater as well as we can for you and this is usually possible! In this case we truly apologise, and thank you for the review anyway!!!