Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

A very nice hostel that I would definetely recommend. Located just a 5-10min walk from the train station, in a cool area with lots of nice shops, cafées, pubs and vintage shops. The hostel itself was nice, with a good atmosphere and nice common areas. Offers the facilities you would need when travelling, the breakfast is included and they have free wifi (all though not the greatest connection). Would go there again!

I did not really enjoy this hostel, the staff knows nothing of the area and parking is a nightmare. Not the cleanest for sure and they could use some new beds. The WIFI was not that good and badly needs updated. Once again I would like to say, the staff are not helpful. I asked where to park and they didn't have any idea, the next morning I had a parking ticket on my car and I found that literally a block away was perfect inexpensive parking. I was not happy.

Stayed for 2 nights for a weekend trip. No complaints. If I ever go back to Manchester I would probably stay here again.

The staff is great, Sarah, Rafael and the night shift Spanish guy were very helpful and kind. The room was somewhat quiet and comfortable. Shower was great. Wifi in the room. Good kitchen.

Almost no vegan food or some very low-quality for breakfast, which I payed for so it was a bit disappointing. Let people choose between a stay inclusive of breakfast and a combo, because some guests just already know they're not going to have breakfast at your hostel. Otherwise provide enough choice for every guest. Other than that this was the best hostel I've ever stayed in so I won't complain further. Very clean blankets, thorough toilet cleaning made my stay much better than in other hostels

• 29th Aug 2015

Hey Fabio! You can send us an email and request vegan breakfast in advance, and we can sort something out for you! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us :)

Rooms are nice and tidy, good atmosphere over all and friendly environment. Staff is very friendly and ready to help and chat.

The hostess was excellent at the Reception. She gave us a warm welcome. Would be happy to visit again.

Thanks for the review :)! Our reception work hard to make you feel welcome. We hope to see you again.

We stayed for one night for a birthday night out, it was everything you could want: rooms are clean and tidy, no excessive noise, great staff and a chilled out feeling

• 26th Aug 2015

Had a great time especially enjoyed the welcoming and helpful staff; special thanks Kristina, Flo, Ines and Beth

The location is so central that it's impossible to sleep even at 3am on a Friday due to the noise from the street. If possible, request a room facing the other side. Also, as soon as I arrived I requested to stay one night rather than two but was made to pay for two nights, even though the second night was more than 24 hours away.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very clear and nice room

You get what you pay :)

This was a very nice clean hostel. Spacious and well located. The staff were always friendly. Only suggestion would be a better spread at breakfast but that's really nothing to comment on. Brilliant.

The 4 beds room is a room that would be small for one persone where they managed to fit two bunk beds; on the positive side the bathrooms and kitchen are very clear and the location is excellent.

Free breakfast and Wifi, nice hostel for young people. Close to city center, and both bus and train station.

Good position, in the northern quarter and between the 2 main stations, but the street was very noisy, especially on Saturday. There is no lift, the hostel is not tidy and the walls are so thin that we could hear every word and movement from two rooms away. Moreover, the staff is not very friendly.

Horrible place, very dirt specially the toilets , breakfast is free but is terrible. Although has a good location.

The name 'Hatters' is apparently very common in Hostelworld worldwide. Hatters Hilton Chambers was therefore not what I had expected, but it was good and nice anyway. Location is great, everything is walking distance. Also close to the train station. Rooms are spacious, enclosed suites are nice. Toilet and shower are mostly put together which is not always very handy when someone is taking a long shower, but ok. No lockers in the room unforttunately.

Had a really unpleasant stay in this hostel mainly due to other people in the dorm room, (not much the hostel can do about that). We went on a pub crawl organised by the hostel which was terrible. Dorms are an average size and ammenities we ok.

Manchester lacks a decent hostel hence I used this one - again. Just an average place. One bad experience here...The mattresses are too worn with springs sticking into your ribcage. I asked the reception guy to give me an extra duvet (to use as a buffer layer against springs). He said they don't have it so I used one from a spare bed (luckily there was 1 in my room). Without it it would be hard to sleep.And the place is noisy so make sure to take earplugs with you.