Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

For hostel it was really clean and quiet over the night. The beds were fine too and the breakfast good

• 22nd May 2015
  • Austria

The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful.. except for one girl with blonde and pink hair, she was really nice. One girl with dark brown hair and brown eyes with a foreign accent was particularly rude. She shouldn't be working in the hospitality business.

• 22nd May 2015

Really nice staff, good location. Horrible facilities, not clean, smelly, old furniture, lack of air, lots of drunk people from all different ages.

No heater in the room. Free wifi Breakfast included (toasts, cereals, teas, juices) Room and bathroom very clean Very good location Nice shower Shampoo and soap availables Towels can be rented Outsise area to hangout You can leave your bags before check in and after check out

great place to stay however was let down by the receptionist. She was unhelpful when I arrived to find someone had slept in my bed. She told me to pick another. When I asked if there was a another room was available she she said no, however I was told by another traveller that their room had only themselves staying there. Room was next to a bathroom so constant door slamming through the night. would stay again but not in a urgent hurry.

I want to thank the staff of Hatters at Hilton Chambers for helping me fixx the mistake that was made during the booking / the hostel was clean / well situated in the center of Manchester / I met some great people

I thought the hostel was pretty nice , it's right in the city centre which was beneficial if you wanna go bar hopping . The staff was friendly. That place was pretty clean. Only thing I would say is if you don't wanna hear party noise don't go here there is a lot of noise from the streets. Other then that my stay at hatters was awesome. I loved meeting 5 different girls from different cultures in my room. I would totally recommend it.

• 15th May 2015

The hostel was all good, has everything you need. The location is awesome but it's quite loud at night for those not inclined to party. Word of warning about the 'famous' pub crawl though. Liquor is cheap and will give you a mad headache at best and a body rash at worst but they supply you with booze so that's good. With that said, and this isn't the hostel's fault really, but my buddy got drugged at some point during the crawl and ended up in the hospital without his wallet. Oh Manchester..

No locker in the room is not very convenient

• 15th May 2015
  • China

One of the most uncomfortable beds I've slept on at a hostel. Overall not much happening at this hostel but the location is good, in the best part of the city. I wouldn't stay here again though.

Great location right in the cbd. Rude staff member on arrival at about 1pm Thursday. I have previously worked in hostels myself and travelled to many. A smile goes a long way. When I returned the staff after 5pm were lovely (well done new girl). Not the party hostel I had hoped for but the location makes up for it. Excellent breakfast- thank you! The rooms were extremely hot which was noted by a lot of people. Other than that all was great!

Great atmosphere, would definitely stay here again.

The hostel was in a very nice area of Manchester, close to the shopping street (Market Street) and a lot of bars. Very clean and nice sleep. Will probably go there again if I was in Manchester again :)

Everything was wonderful except the beds wedge extremely squeaky! During the night whenever I rolled from my one side to my other, I was woken up by the bed squeaking. My roommates also felt the same about their top bunks as well. I slept a maximum of 3 hours in an intended 7 hour sleep.

• 6th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. The dorm room was spacious and really clean and the staff were fantastic & really friendly. The only problem I had was with getting back in the front door despite buzzing and showing my card, no one let me in but luckily someone was on their way out so it was no problem. The location is good - only 5-10 minute walk from Piccadily station and lots to do nearby, although I can imagine on a weekend it must be pretty noisy. Would definitely return here :).

Temperature of shower was a bit up and down like a yoyo. Noise of welding from outside of hostel straight at 8am, made it a good alarm clock in the morning. Otherwise my stay was generally fine. Room was clean, bed was good. Much appreciated strong wifi in room and key card access.

Thank you for the great girls at the reception! They supported me a lot and I am very thankfull for their help with my passport issue. It is a pitty that I did not have the time for a drink with them after I found my passport again. They were just lovely! It was a good stay there at the hostel. The location is good and the only thing what could be improved is a bar in the hostel where they sell beer.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Chambers as the hostel is very well located and very confortable. We could leave our bags in the luggage room after checking out, which was very convenient. Be aware of the public bathrooms (not-mixed, of course) though; the showers have transparent glass screens.

Wifi works badly. If you want good wifi, you have to pay. Lockers are in the hall, not in the rooms. There are some computers, but customers have to pay to use them. Kitchen is small so at the weekends there are no place to sit for all customers.

Staff were really friendly and more than willing to help us find certain locations on the map, as we're rubbish at navigating. They offer decent discount on nearby bars and eateries. We had a mixed 12 bed dorm and the room mates were all great. Ended up getting some drinks with them the next morning and chilling out around town for a while. We'll be back next time in Manchester for sure!

• 30th Apr 2015