Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Absolute dump, my room and ensuite bins were overflowing on arrival, had nowhere to store valuable belongings in room, noisy and uncomfortable bed. Would not recommend

Hi Charlie, Sorry that you did not enjoy your stay back in October, we hope that you enjoyed the city regardless. Warm regards, The Hatters Team

Friendly, clean and good location. Would have been nice to have lockers in the room, maybe space was an issue. I'm not sure 18 quid a night for an average 6 bed dorm is value for money but English hostels are usually pricier than other places I find. Breakfast was good and the kitchen area was nice.

Hi Chris, So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay back in October! Hope you had a great time in Manchester :) Hatters Team

A solid place with nice vibes in an excellent location. Staff are friendly and everything seems to run smoothly about the place.

• 23rd Oct 2015

One of the best hostels in Manchester.

Nice stay for a reasonable price.

Not recommended. Noisy, 4am in the morning and someone is screaming on the corridor. Wifi barely works. Breakfast is Ok. Most of the staff are very helpful and friendly. Except one of the night shift staff on 16 Oct, absolutely rude guy with serious attitude problem.

I don't know what all the complaints were about. I didn't have a problem. You get what you pay for

The stay in hostel was amazing. The staff was very nice and friendly. Besides that the location is easily accessible to the High street.

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Nepal

Good hostel with everything you need. Rooms are cramped with nowhere to put luggage and no secure storage.

This hostel is very Wellington located, a ges blocks from Picadilly train Station. Near the shopping Street, Museumms, and the library.

this hostel is good but is not very clean, have a good location

I really liked the hostel. It was clean, very welcoming staff and a perfect location and felt really safe. My 3 minor nags. 1) There was nowhere to purchase or get earplugs which was a pain as I didn't sleep due to a couple of people snoring like an obese walrus being chased by a lion. 2) Its not as sociable as other bigger hostels due to the small space but it is comfortable and a nice place to rest on a trip away so this could be good or bad!. 3) No oven! we couldn't cook the food we bought

For an Australian traveller this hostel and the other hatters is super expensive for what you get but couldn't find any other better options. Excellent location in the northern quarter. Loved the ladies on reception - annalee and brownie!!!! Breakfast was good and having tea coffee and hot chocolate is Prob the best thing about the hostel. My experience was effected by a bad room mate but I know that's not your fault. I wish the activities were running!!

Breakfast very limited. First day it finished earlier than advertised. Staff member I spoke to couldn't tell me where the plates were! Staff on front desk were very helpful though.

• 3rd Oct 2015

A great value for money hostel right in the heart of Manchester just minutes from Manchester Piccadilly Station.I am 63 and had no problem staying here. everything right on your door step - wonderful shops, culture, clubs, pubs and restaurants all seconds away. Staff very friendly which helps. Hostel looks a lot better on the inside than the outside. Good security to all rooms.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Decent place. I was with friends in the city so I cant comment on the social aspect. Breakfast area was very crowded. Nice enough beds. Area is not bad, very close to the city center where there are trams, although I never took one.

Conveniently located. 10 mins walk from the Station. Has a lot of pubs and bars nearby to chill around. Rooms are tidy but a bit cramped. Loved my stay here.

out of the two hatters this one is definitely better of the two.

Bit pricey for a hostel but overall very good. Location was nice esp. if arriving by coach (5 minutes' walk away from station), as were the facilities. Rooms were kept very clean as was the kitchen. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of luggage storage (when leaving my luggage there after checking out, barely any available) and the fact there was no lift (if you have a heavy suitcase beware!)

This hostel was disgusting, I was in a 12bed mixed dorm, we were all stuffed in their like sardines!!! Their was no air circulation, the windows were broken so you couldn't open them, the ensuite bathroom was from the 3rd world - I felt like I needed a shower every time I went in there! Also the shower drain was very slow draining - it was disgusting. The staff were great very friendly and welcoming. They only had small lockers which weren't in your room and only pad locks worked on them .