Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

If you're looking for a good nights sleep, probs not the best place to stay. But if you're keen to party and make friends then I would recommend this place. It was also nice to have breakfast included!

It's always good to get something in your belly before a day starts - I always miss it (I'm not a morning person). We're in a weird position here, in the middle of the Northern Quater which is better known for its hipster vibe, it has it's pros and cons, some good tunes but some noise! We do sell earplugs at the front desk if it is a big problem. Glad you found it social though, it's nice to have a good mingling of people - it compliments the transient-traveler vibe.

This is a hostel I could recommend to a friend. It's very well-located, really close to the city centre. Its atmosphere and value for money are great and one can still find a convenient kitchen to cook their meal or a room with tv and books to chill out. Once they use keycards, you need them to get access to the rooms' area and to the rooms themselves, which makes it a safe hostel, even though there aren't lockers in the rooms, only downstairs (by the reception). The rooms are big and comfortabl

Cheers matey! I think we do have a good positioning if you're looking to enjoy Manchester city life. The Northern Quater is where the artists and muso's tend to hang out. We're hoping to do some renovations in the near future to expand our reception - hopefully that'll give us enough space for some more lockers. It can be a bit annoying not having them in the room, but you can store large articles in the luggage room for £5.0 or laptops behind the desk (just flash a smile to reception :P).

You thought of everything there is to make a backpacker happy! I even got a free meal and a DVD night organized by you which was great. My only negative thing is, that the internet costs if you want to use the computers. I myself didn't have a wifi - usable tool with me and was therefore forced to pay for the internet.

Hehe, glad you enjoyed the free food and DVD's! We aim to please the travelers and wave the flag for Manchester! We use global gossip here, they're particularly useful for their reach & customer service - but they can be a little pricey in a travelers budget. It might be worth having a scan for internet cafe's while you're traveling - or libraries (they always have free wifi - I relied on them while traveling). Otherwise, we're stoked you enjoyed your time here! Safe travels!

A great travellers' hostel, very international. Staff were very helpful, facilities clean, breakfast much better than most places in London. Hard to find a hostel like this in the UK any more! Really enjoyed my stay. The only downside is the internet - connection pathetic and none in the rooms (unless u pay extra).

Glad you enjoyed it - and super proud we undermined London in and it's hostels - hehehe. The internet can be a bit hard to navigate. The free wi-fi is useful but it's mainly focused in the common rooms, (and then sometimes you do need to find a sweet spot) - I'm personally not a fan of any invisible technology, it's all magic to me!

Great location, amid arty area. Not much from the outside but have a nice outdoor area in the middle of the hostel. Comfortable beds, good breakfast, can't say anything bad about the place.

haha, that's for the lovely review, we do always welcome constructive criticism but flattery is wonderful too! Glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you made the most of the North Quater and its excess of hipsters!

Very very happy with all aspects of my stay and highly recommended to anyone of my friends to stay when in Manchester, Thanks to all.

• 9th Aug 2014

No worries! glad you enjoyed your stay, and naturally, you're welcome back any time! Hope you enjoyed Manchester as well - the little industro-art city it is!

One of the better hostels I've stayed at! Staff were really helpful, rooms were clean, great value for money and good location ! Only downfall is wifi is only accessible in the reception/dining areas.

hehe, we're glad you enjoyed it all - particularly the staff, it takes time to groom a good crop of workers! Wifi can be a bit hit and miss in the hostel, depending on how temperamental it's feeling - oh, the woes of technology. You can buy wifi vouchers at the front desk and take it to your room if you want some extra privacy.

Nice hostel. I would recommend though that every room should have a locker to save your stuff during the day.

glad you liked it here. It is a good idea to have lockers in the rooms, the pro of having them in the corridors is that they're monitored by the cameras in the hostel - just for a bit of extra security for the valuables.

This place looks like it's been recently done up coz it looks very attractive inside. Female dorm had enough power sockets for everyone, the bathroom was clean. For that price I was surprised at how great a place this is. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Thank you lovely! Glad you got your moneys worth. I'm glad you liked the presentation too, we've not had any major renovations, we've just got a crack team of cleaners that keep us looking young!

Good location and had a nice time. Would stay there again.

Thanks matey, glad you enjoyed your stay!

Great location! Very secure. Friendly staff too.

Hehe, yay! glad you enjoyed your time here. I figure security is paramount, especially for travelers, so it's good to know we're hitting the nail on the head in that respects. I think all we're missing is a cosy fireplace and a homely old granny to bake some fresh pies, (but that's just my opinion).

Very friendly staff, great location and facilities. Hostel itself is very clean and cozy.

Glad you settled in here, its good to know we're creating a good environment for people to come too, particularly after traveling myself, it's always nice to find a good port-in-a-storm. Hope to see you again next time you swing by Manchester!

hostel was good only issue i found that wi-fi kept droping out may need to fine tune it overall after that i can't complain to much

Glad you liked the hostel! The wi-fi can be a bit tricky to tak onto, it does sometimes take a bit of navigation to negotiate a strong signal at times, the good thing is we have a fair bit of space for people to explore around - and it's free!

Very comfortable and well located way to spend a night in Manchester.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • franzification
  • Mexico

Glad you enjoyed it! I think our position in the northern Quater is pretty awesome, so long as you like music and modern culture! It's just nice to have somewhere comfortable amongst it to fall back to!

Had a very pleasant stay, useful staff and in a good location … maybe some marmalade at breakfast though ;)

• 4th Aug 2014

hehe, we'll see about broadening the menu for you! Glad you enjoyed your stay though, I do love the Northern Quarter!

Nice kitchen. Clean, friendly... The only problem is that I passed by the hostel when I was seeking it. Be careful for the signboard of the hostel!

We are hidden away a bit, one storey above the main street. You have to be in the right position on the road to see the big sign properly, but at least you made it! Any problems in the future, the best bet is to give us a call and we can try to describe it to you!

Nice place and gr8 location, breakfast was alright but they can improve it.

Glad you liked the hostel, and the location is pretty sweet if you like city life. We'll work on broadening the breakky out ;) as it stands, at least you can get seconds!

Pretty decent hostel, good location, breakfast was quite good and people were not too loud in my room. Struggled to find cheap parking nearby and the hostel charges for use of internet computers, kitchen space was large enough, just about enough space, lounge space was ok, TV didn't seem to work, quite a few people were staying long-term so must be ok.

Very nice hostel! Ideally located, friendly and responding staff (upon discovering that I had been assigned a top bunk bed, I went to the reception to see if I could switch to a bottom instead, and the change was made without a problem), a very strong bleach smell as I entered my dorm (which is a very good thing for me - it's clean!). My only complaint is the fact that you have to pay a very expensive fee to get wifi in the bedrooms, and the leisure room and the kitchen are very small.

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here - I'm not so sure on the smell of bleach, but like you said, it does mean things are clean! Wi-fi is a bit of a pain, but we do have free wifi around the common areas to save some money, and you can use the paid wifi in small increments. Wifi always felt expensive to me while traveling :/

Hostel in center, nice free breakfast and organised activities different every day, pool tabe in living room. Luggage room avaliable only till 6 pm

Cheers for the review matey! hopefully we have everything here to keep travelers entertained and ready. The reasoning behind closing the luggage room is to prevent it from being jammed up with bags in the morning. We do allow people to use it after 6pm but it costs £5.0 to store things in there.