Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Good location, atmosphere and communal areas, especially kitchen which was a good size. Rooms were fine - comfortable beds but could have been a bit cleaner.

A fine place to stay. Enjoyed the lounge area. Parts of the hostel were very clean but others desperately needed attention when I was there (ensuite in my dorm..)

This place was fine, clean enough. The smell in the room was quite stale and you couldn't open the window to let some fresh air in. Also, the shower arrangement allowed very little privacy... I know we're all girls but I was quite uncomfortable.

the rooms and showers were not so clean, staff was all by them self

The staff were not very helpful...and the room when I arrived was a complete mess (maybe due to the amount of people you share the room with). Not much security in terms of luggage storage either.

The staff was very helpful and polite, and the location was amazing. It was in a very nice area in Manchester with lots of nice shops and cafes and really close to everything central. It was a bit noisy from the windows but we stayed a Friday night. The beds were ok. The atmosphere quite chilled. Had a nice garden.

The staff were friendly & welcoming... Just what you need when you're in a New city! X

• 18th Sep 2015

cheap, good location functional - no complaints...all good.

The location is definitely the best thing and I wasn't expecting it. You have everything you need around the hostel. The staff team wasn't that nice it looks like all the guests are bothering them specially a sir who works at night, the coldest check in out I ever had! The room wasn't that clean it was fine tho if you don't mind with dust that probably will celebrate bday under the beds.The housekeepers kept shouting in theirs language while cleaning the rooms,so rude!Anyways I love the location

The location is excellent, free breakfast is OK (can be better with their above average prices). Staff are not friendly, the guy who checked me in was very rude and snobbish and treated me as I am staying for free at his own place when I complained about not getting something I requested earlier and they promised to fulfill (which is my right as a guest). My first time in the service industry I was asked to pay to get an answer for something if they can offer or not. Cleanliness can be improved.

A very nice hostel that I would definetely recommend. Located just a 5-10min walk from the train station, in a cool area with lots of nice shops, cafées, pubs and vintage shops. The hostel itself was nice, with a good atmosphere and nice common areas. Offers the facilities you would need when travelling, the breakfast is included and they have free wifi (all though not the greatest connection). Would go there again!

I did not really enjoy this hostel, the staff knows nothing of the area and parking is a nightmare. Not the cleanest for sure and they could use some new beds. The WIFI was not that good and badly needs updated. Once again I would like to say, the staff are not helpful. I asked where to park and they didn't have any idea, the next morning I had a parking ticket on my car and I found that literally a block away was perfect inexpensive parking. I was not happy.

Stayed for 2 nights for a weekend trip. No complaints. If I ever go back to Manchester I would probably stay here again.

The staff is great, Sarah, Rafael and the night shift Spanish guy were very helpful and kind. The room was somewhat quiet and comfortable. Shower was great. Wifi in the room. Good kitchen.

Almost no vegan food or some very low-quality for breakfast, which I payed for so it was a bit disappointing. Let people choose between a stay inclusive of breakfast and a combo, because some guests just already know they're not going to have breakfast at your hostel. Otherwise provide enough choice for every guest. Other than that this was the best hostel I've ever stayed in so I won't complain further. Very clean blankets, thorough toilet cleaning made my stay much better than in other hostels

• 29th Aug 2015

Hey Fabio! You can send us an email and request vegan breakfast in advance, and we can sort something out for you! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us :)

Rooms are nice and tidy, good atmosphere over all and friendly environment. Staff is very friendly and ready to help and chat.

The hostess was excellent at the Reception. She gave us a warm welcome. Would be happy to visit again.

Thanks for the review :)! Our reception work hard to make you feel welcome. We hope to see you again.

We stayed for one night for a birthday night out, it was everything you could want: rooms are clean and tidy, no excessive noise, great staff and a chilled out feeling

• 26th Aug 2015

Had a great time especially enjoyed the welcoming and helpful staff; special thanks Kristina, Flo, Ines and Beth

The location is so central that it's impossible to sleep even at 3am on a Friday due to the noise from the street. If possible, request a room facing the other side. Also, as soon as I arrived I requested to stay one night rather than two but was made to pay for two nights, even though the second night was more than 24 hours away.

• 22nd Aug 2015