Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Spanish guy in his late 40's manning the front desk is not a pleasant person. He was so miserable and quite rude on a few separate occasions. Besides that, that atmosphere was lax, bathrooms were alright. Best part, is the pool table and lounges. Free breakfast not too bad either. Location is good.

Pleasant clean hostel, with friendly guests singing songs in kitchen. Room was a little noisy from clubs. Kitchen could use an oven and the bathroom is not well designed where the showers have no area to get changed or to keep a dry towel so that people who are coming in to bathroom or by the sink will see you getting in and out of shower.

We are slightly wary of the big fat grease monster that lurks within hostel ovens, but we will think of getting the little portable ones in! We do have a hob however so it's still possible to cook (for us)! We're sorry you felt uncomfortable in our bathrooms - there is a bench to put dry towels on and most of our guests just hang their clothes over the shower door - they don't get wet and you're dressed when you come out, like MAGIC.

The staff is pretty average. The hostel does not offer any activities, no walking tour, pubcrawl, etc. It was pretty clean, and the kitchen and lounge were pretty well kept. The rooms were also pretty spacious. Not having lockers in the rooms is not that much of a problem since you can always lock your valuables in the smaller lockers in the hallway. Probably would not stay in this hostel again, and would rather look for a hostel that has more activities

Average? AVERAGE? Well that's upsetting. We will do our best to extraordinarify ourselves for next time!! We actually run activities every day of the week but unfortunately around Christmas time we're very quiet and the person, eg, running the bar crawl every weekend, ends up being forced to go out and get wasted by themselves.

Brilliant breakfast for a hostel!

And it's free! Incredible.

I had a lovely stay at Hilton Chambers. The staff being very friendly and helpful, and as it is a somewhat smaller hostel, it had a very cosy feel to it. A calm place, when you don't want to much loud music and yelling and running around from other guests. Certainly a place I will recommend to others, going to Manchester!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Wifi was slow and unreliable. No free storage for luggage in rooms, rooms were very squashy. Our ensuite Bathroom in our 8bed dorm wasn't cleaned during our 4 days there. We had some food taken/thrown out despite beating labelled and bagged. Beds were very loud and very uncomfortable.

• 11th Dec 2014

Hi there, thanks for the comments. With our WI FI, we don't claim it to be the best but its free! For Super Duper broadband you have to pay a small amount for access. We also inform our guests that they can leave luggage with us for free as well until 6pm on departure. Our ninja housekeeprs also secretly change bins, replace toilet roll and up keep of cleanliness in the bathrooms every day you may have missed them. Apologies about the food but there is a risk that sometimes food will go astray!

Overall nice experience. The Only thing I was there for a few very cold nights. Staff kept saying heating is gonna come on soon, it never did and I had to wear a few layers to stay warm

• 2nd Dec 2014

The staff here are unhelpful and extremely disorganised. Two nights out of the three I stayed, another guest was allocated to my bed. The second time this happened I was downgraded and received neither compensation nor apology. Third night the sound from the street kept me awake all night. Would not recommend to anyone.

Hey there, I'm not sure what happened and and would say thats not our usual standards. We will continue to imporve our service and standards and try to do much better next time!

Not impressed, and won't stay again. At first, they refused to book me in, stating that my photo id wasn't good enough. Eventually, she relented. I got to my room, to discover someone sleeping in my bed. When I asked for a different bed, they then allocated me one that had already been slept in. I went outside for a cigarette whilst they changed the bedding, and then found I couldn't get back in as no one was manning the desk, so was stuck near midnight outside the building for an extra 10 mins.

Hi, feedback is always useful. I'm sorry about the trouble with check-in but we do our best to ensure that security is kept tight what with the potential of fraudulent or stolen I.D. In terms of the beds, people can get muddled-up. Letters can be hidden & accidents happen. So long as we're made aware, we can sort the beds for you. In the evening we only have one person on the desk as it's not busy. Certain events can pull them away to help guests or clean & patrol the hostel.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »