Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Good hostel to stay in Manchester. Rooms a bit small, but we enjoyed staying there.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, we're glad you enjoyed your stay!

I only stayed for 1 night in a 6 bed dorm, unfortunately the room faced the road which is extremely busy and loud so sleeping was a bit of a challenge. Apart from that everything was fine.

Unfortunately our central location can be a downside with reference to the noise, but we do supply earplugs and can shift your room if you're having too much trouble - or sing you to sleep, whatever you need ;)

Check in was quick, beds and rooms were clean. Security guard was very unfriendly, and you don't have your own key or card to get back inside.

We don't give out keys to get into the building in case they get lost - we are on a very busy street in the fabulous Northern Quarter and while the Mancunians are a friendly bunch, we don't want to be encountering any unwanted visitors! We're sorry you had a bad experience with our night staff - please feel free to email us directly if there was anything you wanted to talk to us about.

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

Great location, the hostel´s pub crawl is nice to met new people, it was clean and facilities were good. My only concern was that WiFi didn´t reach rooms, but that´s not a big deal anyway, you aren´t there to stay in your room.

So glad you enjoyed our bar crawl!! I daresay it's our hosts favourite (three) nights - our mission is to FORCE FRIENDSHIP haha, thank you for leaving a review and we'll see you soon!

The kitchen was extremely packed in the morning during breakfast. There is no wifi in the room (as mentioned when you book, but if u buy the wifi, it works pretty well) The bathroom in my room was quite dirty and stayed like that during my stay, not sure if it's the cleaner's fault or people in my roomies as they were a messy bunch of people. Sockets not equally distributed and it's pretty warm at night with the small window opened.

When we have stayovers in a room over a period of less than a few days, we do rely on our guests to keep their things nice and tidy, but it doesn't always go down well with everyone! We will check rooms to make sure they're not too messy, but if you do notice an overflowing bin etc., just let us know and we'll be right in there :)

This hostel was in a great location, a street away from the main park and shopping area. The 6 bed female dorm had an ensuite with a great shower. Wifi access was free in the common rooms so most people used those areas for that purpose, rather than socialising with other hostellers. The staff were really friendly and helpful, even when my tour was difficult to book they were persistent. The hostel has different events every night. I would definitely be back here if I returned to Manchester.

Haha we're adamant that every guest must enjoy Manchester to the fullest!! We were thinking of turning our storage cupboard into a small closet for wi-fi addicts, just cramming them in there like sardines, but weren't sure if it would go down too well with our future reviews. We suggest just staring them down until they look up and HAVE to have a conversation.

very friendly enviroment

Thank you!! We are lucky to have hosted for so many lovely people, long live happy strangers!

The location was fair. My buddy and I chose to stay in a 4 bedroom to get some quiet, but our room mates were terrible. This is to no fault of the hostel. The common areas were quite nice and the staff were knowledgable and helpful.

It does happen sometimes that you get unwanted/expected roommates in with you, but if they're really that bad, let us know. LET US AT EM'!

I recommend this hostel because of the staff, they are really friendly and polite, the living room is a nice place to drink a beer, you can also meet people from Manchester there. Really near to Manchester Picadilly Station. The bathroom was excelent in my shared room. The kitchen is well equipped and you can cook.

We're blushing :) Thank you!! We're always happy to welcome people into the hostel who are open to meeting other people, it's what makes Hatters go round! We're a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly (and lots of other things) and yes, are very happy to smell the sweet smell of a good cook in the kitchen ;)

the location of the hostel is great, but the hostel itself was the noisy, not very clean and poor in atmosphere (but the staff is very friendly).

• 12th Jul 2014

Due to the location, the streets outside can get quite noisy, but please inform the staff on reception if it's your fellow hostelites gettin' rowdy!

I loved everything about this hostel. Amazing staff, great location, great facilities. the free wifi wasn't that bad anyways. I would definitely stay here again.

The 'good' wi-fi is generally only better because you can use it to stream videos etc., but why would you stay in and watch The Hangover when you can go and get yourself a real one?

Very good experience in general with Hatters at Hilton Chambers! I was in a 6-beds female dorm. The room was clean and not packed. The members of the staff were really nice, breakfast was OK, and everything was within walking distance. The only real downside was breaks of noise in the streets at night (-it didn't last all night long, but it was sufficient to wake me up-), so bring your earplugs if you don't do that already!

We're so happy you enjoyed yourself - unfortunately the very fact that everything is in walking distance ie. central, can make it noisy at night :( If you have forgotten your earplugs though, we have them here at reception! Gosh, we're efficient. Thanks for the review :)

A great place with friendly staff and excellent location. The only inconvenient is the wifi limited to common areas.

Tell me this, Sir. How would you ever have met the friendly staff if you were busy in your room looking up cat fails on youtube?

Hostel's location is amazing, just a few minutes to Piccadily Gardens, Town Hall and museums by walk. Staff is very friendly and very helpful. Garden and Lounge are relaxing and creating a chance to meet people.

Isn't it just?! There's loads to do in Manchester and you don't need to spend a dime getting there (or even when you actually get there, for that matter)! We've seen so many people make lifelong friends in the comfort of our common areas and hope for it to happen FOREVERMORE :)

Had a good stay here. Location is really good, very close to city centre and bus station. The rooms where a little crammed, but the bedsheets seemed fresh. Girls and Boys bathrooms are separated. But the showers are directly in the shared bathroom, so you don't really have privacy. Cleanliness was alright. Hostel breakfasts never have a bigger variety than cornflakes and toast, but it tasted good, so no complaints there. Nice common room with TV and billard table. Would recommend this hostel!

• 6th Jul 2014

Well I never. The bedsheets WERE fresh!! I hope I'm not wrong in saying this as we may have had a delivery issue, but as well as cornflakes and toast we serve muesli, yoghurt and fruit - however we're glad your palate was happy with what you had :) Thanks for recommending us!!!

I always go to this hostel when I need to spend a night in Manchester because I always get a good sleep and it's clean and relaxed, with good music playing at breakfast time. This time I went I was a bit disappointed because it was dirtier and noisier than usual - maybe I just caught them on a bad day. I didn't like having to pay for 2 nights when I was only staying for one (minimum 2 nights stay at the weekend).

We're gonna go ahead and say that was a one-off....can we blame it on a stag do? Probably not. We're sorry you felt disappointed and we hope you can give us one more chance. What's your favourite song? We have it. (Like us again, pant pant pant)!

Everything was awesome, but staff could be friendlier.

If we could be friendlier, we will strive to make it happen, we promise!!!!

Good hostel

A superbly welcoming and informative receptionist Nice company

Thank you!! Did you know that it takes more facial muscles to frown than to smile? It makes our job pretty easy ;)