Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

I recommend this hostel because of the staff, they are really friendly and polite, the living room is a nice place to drink a beer, you can also meet people from Manchester there. Really near to Manchester Picadilly Station. The bathroom was excelent in my shared room. The kitchen is well equipped and you can cook.

We're blushing :) Thank you!! We're always happy to welcome people into the hostel who are open to meeting other people, it's what makes Hatters go round! We're a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly (and lots of other things) and yes, are very happy to smell the sweet smell of a good cook in the kitchen ;)

the location of the hostel is great, but the hostel itself was the noisy, not very clean and poor in atmosphere (but the staff is very friendly).

• 12th Jul 2014

Due to the location, the streets outside can get quite noisy, but please inform the staff on reception if it's your fellow hostelites gettin' rowdy!

I loved everything about this hostel. Amazing staff, great location, great facilities. the free wifi wasn't that bad anyways. I would definitely stay here again.

The 'good' wi-fi is generally only better because you can use it to stream videos etc., but why would you stay in and watch The Hangover when you can go and get yourself a real one?

Very good experience in general with Hatters at Hilton Chambers! I was in a 6-beds female dorm. The room was clean and not packed. The members of the staff were really nice, breakfast was OK, and everything was within walking distance. The only real downside was breaks of noise in the streets at night (-it didn't last all night long, but it was sufficient to wake me up-), so bring your earplugs if you don't do that already!

We're so happy you enjoyed yourself - unfortunately the very fact that everything is in walking distance ie. central, can make it noisy at night :( If you have forgotten your earplugs though, we have them here at reception! Gosh, we're efficient. Thanks for the review :)

A great place with friendly staff and excellent location. The only inconvenient is the wifi limited to common areas.

Tell me this, Sir. How would you ever have met the friendly staff if you were busy in your room looking up cat fails on youtube?

Hostel's location is amazing, just a few minutes to Piccadily Gardens, Town Hall and museums by walk. Staff is very friendly and very helpful. Garden and Lounge are relaxing and creating a chance to meet people.

Isn't it just?! There's loads to do in Manchester and you don't need to spend a dime getting there (or even when you actually get there, for that matter)! We've seen so many people make lifelong friends in the comfort of our common areas and hope for it to happen FOREVERMORE :)

You get what you pay for. Just a standard hostel, nothing great, was fine to stay in and was in a great location with a few seconds walk to a bar or cafe in any direction. Staff were helpful, was pretty clean but just looks a bit old. Just all abit average.

Had a good stay here. Location is really good, very close to city centre and bus station. The rooms where a little crammed, but the bedsheets seemed fresh. Girls and Boys bathrooms are separated. But the showers are directly in the shared bathroom, so you don't really have privacy. Cleanliness was alright. Hostel breakfasts never have a bigger variety than cornflakes and toast, but it tasted good, so no complaints there. Nice common room with TV and billard table. Would recommend this hostel!

• 6th Jul 2014

Well I never. The bedsheets WERE fresh!! I hope I'm not wrong in saying this as we may have had a delivery issue, but as well as cornflakes and toast we serve muesli, yoghurt and fruit - however we're glad your palate was happy with what you had :) Thanks for recommending us!!!

I always go to this hostel when I need to spend a night in Manchester because I always get a good sleep and it's clean and relaxed, with good music playing at breakfast time. This time I went I was a bit disappointed because it was dirtier and noisier than usual - maybe I just caught them on a bad day. I didn't like having to pay for 2 nights when I was only staying for one (minimum 2 nights stay at the weekend).

We're gonna go ahead and say that was a one-off....can we blame it on a stag do? Probably not. We're sorry you felt disappointed and we hope you can give us one more chance. What's your favourite song? We have it. (Like us again, pant pant pant)!

Everything was awesome, but staff could be friendlier.

If we could be friendlier, we will strive to make it happen, we promise!!!!

Good hostel

A superbly welcoming and informative receptionist Nice company

Thank you!! Did you know that it takes more facial muscles to frown than to smile? It makes our job pretty easy ;)

Great location for what I needed, easy to get to and great friendly staff :) I'll always remember my stay in Manchester as I seen Robbie Williams :) Thank you!!! :)

Great place for your money. It should be noted that this is not a party hostel and has a lot of families staying here - great place though.

Correct! You will find on Hostelworld and our own website that Hatters on Newton Street is our party hostel, while Hilton is designed for people who prefer to get their head down! However, you can always pay a visit to either of them, no matter which one you're staying at - they're just around the corner from each other :)

The location is very convenient, right by the train station and lots of daytime and nighttime attractions. The kitchen is nice and breakfast is decent. It's pretty easy to meet people. It's not spotless, but it's pretty clean. The only thing I really didn't like is that wifi only works in common areas.

Nice stay at this hostel. Nice staff, very clean, comfortable, excellent location. Some problems: wi-fi access only in the common areas, sockets not well located inside the room, breakfast could be better. Definitely would stay there again!

Unfortunately because our building was not built as a hostel originally ie. the plug sockets were put there before the beds, every bed may not have a plug socket right next to it, but let us know if you're having trouble finding them and we'll help you out!

Stay here if you're heading to Manchester.

That, sir, is a marvelous plan.

Solid hostel. Staff were helpful and facilities clean and tidy. My room was great, ensuite with good shower and clean bathroom. Spacious room which is a rarity in many England hostels. Would recommend and stay again for sure!

I had a great time at the hostel and was very happy with the service there.

• 19th Jun 2014

Thank you so much! We organise hostel activities every evening and generally just love to see you happy :)

Nice hostel, just not as lively as I was hoping. Everyone seemed to be doing there own thing. Staff were super friendly and helpful though

This hostel is a little quiet and better for getting your head down than partying! Next time you book with us (which we hope you will!), opt for the Hatters on Newton Street. Alternatively you can book for Hilton and just use and abuse Hatters for it's rowdiness ;)