Hatters at Hilton Chambers Reviews

15 Hilton Street, Manchester, England

Very comfortable and well located way to spend a night in Manchester.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • franzification
  • Mexico

Glad you enjoyed it! I think our position in the northern Quater is pretty awesome, so long as you like music and modern culture! It's just nice to have somewhere comfortable amongst it to fall back to!

Had a very pleasant stay, useful staff and in a good location … maybe some marmalade at breakfast though ;)

• 4th Aug 2014

hehe, we'll see about broadening the menu for you! Glad you enjoyed your stay though, I do love the Northern Quarter!

Nice kitchen. Clean, friendly... The only problem is that I passed by the hostel when I was seeking it. Be careful for the signboard of the hostel!

We are hidden away a bit, one storey above the main street. You have to be in the right position on the road to see the big sign properly, but at least you made it! Any problems in the future, the best bet is to give us a call and we can try to describe it to you!

Nice place and gr8 location, breakfast was alright but they can improve it.

Glad you liked the hostel, and the location is pretty sweet if you like city life. We'll work on broadening the breakky out ;) as it stands, at least you can get seconds!

Pretty decent hostel, good location, breakfast was quite good and people were not too loud in my room. Struggled to find cheap parking nearby and the hostel charges for use of internet computers, kitchen space was large enough, just about enough space, lounge space was ok, TV didn't seem to work, quite a few people were staying long-term so must be ok.

Very nice hostel! Ideally located, friendly and responding staff (upon discovering that I had been assigned a top bunk bed, I went to the reception to see if I could switch to a bottom instead, and the change was made without a problem), a very strong bleach smell as I entered my dorm (which is a very good thing for me - it's clean!). My only complaint is the fact that you have to pay a very expensive fee to get wifi in the bedrooms, and the leisure room and the kitchen are very small.

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here - I'm not so sure on the smell of bleach, but like you said, it does mean things are clean! Wi-fi is a bit of a pain, but we do have free wifi around the common areas to save some money, and you can use the paid wifi in small increments. Wifi always felt expensive to me while traveling :/

Hostel in center, nice free breakfast and organised activities different every day, pool tabe in living room. Luggage room avaliable only till 6 pm

Cheers for the review matey! hopefully we have everything here to keep travelers entertained and ready. The reasoning behind closing the luggage room is to prevent it from being jammed up with bags in the morning. We do allow people to use it after 6pm but it costs £5.0 to store things in there.

The hostel was very noisy after 11pm, the night porters didn't even attempt to control the noise level. Also, the hostel is located near some clubs so the noise also come from outdoors. The rooms are very spacious, I was staying in a 4 beds dorm, but they don't have lockers, which are located in the corridors. There aren't enough and it's not handy at all. The toilettes were dirty for most of the time I stayed at the hostel.

The Northern Quarter can get a bit loud, especially around weekends! We do have disposable earplugs at reception, and if the problems persist we can move people to another room, depending on what works. Otherwise it is a con of inhabiting the city centre. The good thing about the lockers is that they're in view of the cameras rather than in the rooms, but hopefully we will be getting more in when we spruce up reception.

There was problems with the electronic door lock on 3 days I was there mainly the one between reception and 2nd floor however one night the downstairs lock didn't work at all so anyone could walk into the building!, The staff were very helpful though always friendly and happy to help. The pub crawl was well organised by Caitlin who was very good managing to strike balance between getting people in party spirit and losing control of them. A very good evening was had.

No lockers for luggage. Fully equipped kitchen and free breakfast till 10. Pub crawl is fun and wifi is good

Great for the price and nice location, but could be a much nicer hostel with just a minimal investement and renovation....

The hostel itself was well kept and greatly located. Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were spacious enough. Only problem was the lack of the backpacking atmosphere as well as much common room space for using internet.

no unlimited wifi access

• 27th Jul 2014

It's everything fantastic, from the staff to the environment. However the bathrooms have been dirty all the time.

• 27th Jul 2014

My mattress was a little bit old and there were few power outlets in the room. No wifi at the rooms either. The stuff were nice, although they made us leave the chillout room very early, what was not nice at all. The main purpose of the chill out room is to have somewhere to stay really. Breakfast was just ok.

Because our building wasn't specifically built as a hostel, you can get some rooms where the power outlets are in awkward places, but just ask us and we'll point them out for you, or you can leave your things charging etc., at our reception desk :) Our TV lounge does close but the kitchen area where you can also hang out is open 24/7.... and who doesn't love an impromptu kitchen party!!!

Hatters was absolutely great! The staff was super helpful while booking day trips and always available to answer questions. The sister hostel on Newton was great as well. I went out on Caitlin's pub crawl on a Friday night and had the best time! She was so fun and approachable. I would definitely recommend attending one of them from Thursday to Saturday. Thanks for the memories, Caitlin!

• 25th Jul 2014

Well WHAT a fabulous reviewer you are ;) We're so glad that you experienced both hostels as we often get people who thought one or the other was too quiet/loud, unaware that they are missing out on the party/peaceandquiet at the other one!! Bar crawl tomorrow, see you at 9?

Nice terrace and spacious kitchen. Clean bathrooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Only the city maps they handed out could be improved. Mine was a b/w copy.

I'm still angry at the terrace for making me fall over when I was wearing heels on it about a year ago but yes it IS lovely, and it DOES welcome a happy smoker ;) We hand out about 20 maps a day so unfortunately we can't do them all in colour but we can direct you to the tourist office 5 minutes away who will give you a nice big free one :)

Pretty standard hostel facilities. The larger bathrooms were nice. Excellent location.

Having stayed at a couple of hostels, I have to say that hatters was my fav set up. With kitchen facilities, central location, onsuite bathroom, courtyard, pool table. The staff were friendly and helpfull. I had a great stay

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Africa

We do adore being the favourite! Thank you so much, we're close to all amenities and bars, restaurants, and if you want to stay in (on a rainy day, which of course rarely happens in Manchester) we've got DVD's or an Xbox that you can occupy yourselves with :) Come back soon!

Good location, short walk to high street and transport. Kitchen facilities to cook your own meals and continental breakfast is decent. Little to no atmosphere around the common areas. Just seemed very subdued for the 3 nights i was there. Overall, would recommend the hostel for a group as opposed to a solo traveller

Thanks for leaving a review! Our kitchen is open 24/7 and free to use by anyone :) It can get quite quiet around Hilton Chambers as it's more advertised as a place to get your head down, but if you're looking for a little more life, our Hatters hostel on Newton Street (which you can hang out in too) has more of a party vibe.