Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Staff were lovely and very helpful Only bad thing was the showers they had no power at all

• 5th Feb 2016

I wish someone could arrange or get volunteers to save this great site, sand and seal the parquet floor, give things a lick of paint etc., renew the bed bases that are rather tired.

I booked a private room. The room I got was really small; i would call it a private box, not a private room. The windows in the hostel are rally old, so my room was really cold because air was coming through the windows. Also, there were white marks on the black curtains. Staff members are friendly.

Toomany people, too much socializing. I hate people.

• 29th Jan 2016

I stayed in Manchester for 3 nights at this hostel with a friend. No complaints at all - very good location, helpful staff and really good bar beneath the hostel. Would highly recommend.

Great Place to stay and very close to town/Station. Would recommend for anyone visiting Manchester on a Budget!

• 26th Jan 2016

smelly bedroom, the only flaw.

The whole hostel is very weak in general. Very old and cleanliness is low. The staff was ok, but athe conditions of the bedroom are bad. There were hairs on my bed and covers smelled bad.

I thought hatters was absolutely brilliant I enjoyed it so much. It was ideal and exactly what we where looking for for partying thank you and the team at hatters.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Todo perfecto, me han atendido en todo momento, la gente muy simpática, buen desayuno.. Sin duda volveré a ir!! :)

• Spain

The showers are boiling hot and quite frankly, dangerous. They can't be adjusted and only run in 5 second bursts. They need attention.

• 22nd Jan 2016

There was only one toilet for females one floor down and it was always dirty. The showers offered no opportunity to change in privacy. The mattress was so old that it felt like lying on the ground and the room was freezing. We had to go up 5 floors and guests mustn't use the lift. The breakfast was okay and the price per night was cheap, but I wouldn't go there again.

Showers, taps and toilets need repairing.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Not looking for much in a hostel just a bed. However the beds were pretty mingin and the floor was unkept. Also the show was scalding with no temp control. Had to just splash myself lol. Cool helpful staff in a great location.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Scotland

I usually stay here when in Manchester although I haven't been for a few years but used to be quite a regular. The noise from that new basement bar makes sleeping without earplugs impossible. There was no heating available and room 204 was freezing, had to use my big coat as an extra blanket. It was also way too cold in the shower rooms so I didn't bother. I actually got quite sick while there with cold/flu symptoms and being unable to get warm must have been a factor.

This hostel was in a cool, hipster part of town. Unfortunately, the beds were not particularly comfortable and the showers were either cool or burning hot (with no privacy). The pub crawl was definitely worth doing and make sure to visit the bar downstairs.

It said free breakfast but didn't get any. Check in time was 12 pm on website but had to wait till 2 pm. Not really a goodgood experience

• 12th Jan 2016
  • India

Stayed in Jan. Solo female backpacker. Contrary to some of the reviews I thought this place was awesome. Great city centre location near bars, boutiques, cafes and interesting stuff. Very clean and cozy spaces. Party atmosphere by choice, if you wanted to mingle. Full kitchen, lounge, showers, bathrooms all good. Basic toast breakfast, did not bother eating it some days. Female staff w lilac hair and brown hair w fringe were very helpful. Extended my stay here, really enjoyed the place!

Everything was ok with the hostel. The staff is really nice and kind. Toilets and showers are ok. The only problem that I found is that there were few electric sockets in the room where I was staying. The only sockets in the room where far away from my bed. In the hostels where I have been, usually there is one socket per bed, so it is easier to charge your appliances whilst using them (mobile, laptop, etc.). Apart from that, it is a nice hostel to stay.

Thanks for your kind words! We hope you had an amazing time in Manchester, come back any time :) Warm regards, The Hatters Team

The taps in the male toilets did not work, and the toilets did not flush. I did not have a shower there after speaking to someone who just had one and described it as low pressure and too hot - he could not adjust the temperature. There were not enough lockers available - and many of the lockers were unusable because the locks had broken; the large lockable storage room was incovenient - I had to make several trips to get things. Also, the whole place was dirty and shabby. Very noisy -loud music

We're sorry to hear that you didn't fully enjoy your time with us. We hope the 5 star staff and location made your trip to Manchester worthwhile :) Warm regards, The Hatters Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6