7.3
Very Good 4,352 Total Reviews
7.3
Very Good 4,352 Total Reviews
Hatters on Newton Street Located at 50 Newton Street, , Manchester.
England

• janicegyw
  • China, Female, 31-40
27th Apr 2016
8.0

The location is great. Within walking distance to the train and coach station and many other big sites in the north part of the city. The atmosphere is not so good. Travelers do not talk to each other in the communal area. Some staff are very friendly by telling me the site for visit, some are not quite friendly. When I am exhausted and tired on arrival, they did not do anything for help when i dig out everything from my bag on the floor to find the passport! The shower facility is horrible.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
24th Apr 2016
3.7

To be honest, I booked this place but I didnt end up arriving at the place because I read reviews from google and hostelworld about the cleanliness of this place. It wasnt good to see disgusting pictures from google images when I searched the place. I wanted to cancel the reservation knowing that I would loose some fees but I found out that I have to pay all the fees even if I do cancel the reservation. I dont understand why you accept deposit if I have to pay anyway.

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
4.6

Dirty place, would never go back

22nd Apr 2016
8.0

The staff were really nice and willing to help with any questions. The showers and toilets weren't the nicest but they did the job. Very close to the tram at Piccadilly Gardens and also a close walk to the bus station.

• England, Male, 31-40
20th Apr 2016

Stayed in large dorm; was rather stuffy (as more than 10 people sleeping in one room). Would there be any way of improving ventilation e.g. by having windows which can be opened? Made up for by breakfast being out very early, which I was able to enjoy before catching my 5am coach. Thanks!

19th Apr 2016
7.1

I think the catering facilities could have been better. Though I liked the location, being close the centre. I would have given it a better rating for cleanliness had it not been for seeing a mouse run across the floor. The dorm was okay and the beds were comfortable. The staff were quite helpful and friendly.They let us leave our bags in a secure place in the morning before checking-in. I would recommend it to others. The wi-fi worked okay. The other guests were quiet at night.

• obwardle9503
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
15th Apr 2016

Great vibes here. Plenty of travellers ready to party. Wicked fun pub crawl on Fridays and Saturdays. Located in the North Quarter, close to many of the cool tourist attractions, plus a bunch of bars, teahouses and cafes, restaurants and the Piccadilly Station. Pretty good facilities and quite clean and tidy. Staff were great too. Would recommend.

12th Apr 2016
4.6

The mattress on the bed was in terrible shape. The springs either collapsed from so much use or the mattress needed to be flipped, whatever it be I did not sleep well. The shower is my biggest complaint as the guest cannot change the temperature of the water so your left with scalding hot water that you must continue to press a button to turn on. The room also has only 4 outlets, so the 6 person room was unable to charge there phones throughout the night. I will not be staying again.

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Apr 2016

Only stayed for one night, and I would definitely stay here again if I was back in Manchester. Great staff which are ery friendly. They are also very accomidating to specific needs.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
7th Apr 2016
6.0

Old stinky hostel. It was so hard to charge my phone because the power outlets were extremely limited. Four beds share two outlets. The mattress was hard, and the duvet was smelly. The common area was pretty smelly too. The cups and utensils for daily breakfast were not as clean either. I swear it was dirty with finger stains and all.