7.2
Very Good 4,403 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 4,403 Total Reviews
Hatters on Newton Street Located at 50 Newton Street, , Manchester.
England

• karadepp
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
24th May 2016
8.0

Superb location, friendly staff and a nice vibe in the hostel. A bar with live music is a great asset and discounts included too. Only downfall that I can think of is that the bed's aren't that comfortable but overall an awesome experience!

• France, Female, 18-24
14th May 2016
5.1

This is the mankiest little place I've ever stayed in. Everything was dirty or in a state of disrepair. I found a used pad in the shower. The wifi wouldn't work on my phone for the longest time. The staff seemed mostly nice, and were kind when someone in my room tried stealing my towel. Kitchen equipment was sad, and the soap dispenser was broken so I couldn't properly wash my dishes. I was so put off by my first night here that I almost changed hotels for the second night of my stay.

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
14th May 2016
3.7

Everything is so dirty. Pillow, blanket, floor n toilet. I think they don't care about that. The location is not bad, not far away from Piccadilly station. Except for that, it's nothing.

13th May 2016
5.7

There seems to be a quicker way of getting to the hostel from the station than the one stated. Think Titanic, and that is what you will see regarding the staff lift. In fact the building is probably as old, if not older than 1912; and that is the problem. It is such an old building, a bit grotty in particular the toilets. I told one of the staff about a blocked toilet; yet nothing was done about it. Not all bad though, the common room/kitchen was okay and the adjacent bar was handy and very busy

• Greece, Female, 18-24
13th May 2016
8.0

My first hostel experience and a pretty decent one. Good value for money and for a 1 night stay, I'd do it again. It's somewhat secure because it has a buzz door, however, u can walk around in the hostel public areas with none bothering you even if you don't have a stay card. Rooms have card doors ofc so that's alright enough. The location is great, very close to the station and in the city centre. Staff very friendly. Decently clean for the amount of people going through daily.

• England, Couple, 18-24
11th May 2016
6.3

We were on the 5th floor so we had to drag our baggage upstairs as the lift seemed to be on the verge of breaking. This whole building is very old and so are the facilities. The toilets are very old and look very used. Each floor has toilets for either females or males so if you're unlucky (like me) you had to wonder upstairs to go to the toilet or to shower. The other people in the dorm were annoying too so overall not a great stay. Thankfully it was just for a day!

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2016
5.4

1.I checked in after 2pm, but my bed was still not made, so I slept in a dirty bed unknowingly until the maid came in. 2.Poor access to lift. 3. Showers and toilets weren't clean But the location is good.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
1st May 2016

Friendly staff, perfect location, tidy - and an awesome bar

• England, Male, 18-24
1st May 2016

Very friendly staff, convenient location, adequate beds. Overall very pleased with my stay and will be coming again the next time I'm in Manchester

• crowshaven
  • Netherlands, Male, 18-24
29th Apr 2016
7.7

Been there for one weekend. Really good hostel. No problems. Shower was a bit too cold or warm, but the people were really nice and the personnel too. And an amazing pub crawl!!