Hatters on Newton Street

7.2
Very Good 5058 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

Very easy to find and when we got there the staff were absolutely lovely !! The rooms and bathrooms are so clean and the price includes a free breakfast, which we hadn't even realised. If we go back to manchester anytime soon I wouldn't even waste my time looking for anywhere else to stay.

17th Jun 2017
7.4

Location was great but the facilities need to be service more often. The shower area needed more hooks for clothing, the showers were dirty and the water pressure from the shower head was weak.

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
17th Jun 2017
4.6

This is the worst hostel I had ever stayed! Not worth the money spent. I didn't check the clients' reviews before booking until arrived there and found out myself. It's located among tonnes of clubs (noisy of course!) Neither air conditioning or a fan available in the room. Just a window which can be opened within few centimeters! And there are 10 ppl in a room. Imagine it's kinda sleeping oven. Apart from that flow in shower room is pretty bad and I found a guy using female toilet :\

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Jun 2017
6.9

Pretty average hostel, the staff are nice but the building itself is fairly old, be prepared to walk up a lot of stairs, bathrooms could have done with a bit more care, beds are pretty terrible real springy and offer no support and probably are due to be replaced. It's in a good spot of Manchester close to everything but a bit pricey for what it is.

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
11th Jun 2017
5.1

The rooms and bathrooms where terrible, I was really disappointed, I believe cleanliness is a key factor to feel comfortable whenever you're​ staying at a hostel.

• Northern Ireland, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2017

Best accommodation I've ever been to. My 6 friends and I stayed here while attending parklife music festival and the location couldn't have been handier. The people we met at the hostel were fantastic and you get your money's worth for sure.

7th Jun 2017
6.9

Facilities are not very good. Showers not great, bedroom kinda funky. But it was cheap so I was okay with it. Beds were really springy.

5th Jun 2017

First stay at this hostel, and first visit to Manchester. Stayed here for only two nights, but staff very helpful, and facilities good enough for a hostel. Certainly won't look for anywhere else when I go back to this city.

Hi Mishi. Thank you for your review. Glad you understand it's a hostel and we try to offer best deal for budget travellers. You are always welcome to return :) The Hatters Crew

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

Beds weren't that comfy but fine. Showers were just a drizzle (can't wash hair) but warm. Location was close to train station but I don't think there's a lot to do around apart from Barbers and restaurants. Different activities on every night, which is great! We stayed only 1 night and a movie was playing- made some friends which was great! Overall, it was good to have somewhere to stay and got the job done but wasn't particularly cozy. We were happy we only stayed the 1 night

• Australia, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017
2.0

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in for the price anywhere in the world (~80 countries). Was $50/dorm bed for me. Breakfast terrible, no vibe, loud bar downstairs that is annoying when you want to sleep and boring and empty most of the time. Beds have those old circular springs that drive into your back. Not enough toilets, showers broken. When I asked the staff for food tips they directed me to McDonalds. Also unfriendly people behind the desk. Don't pay more than $5 in this bomb shelter.

Hi. We are sad to hear you had such a terrible experience with us but looking for a backpacker vibe in a big city like Manchester is almost impossible. We have events every night where you can meet people if interested but we can't make you friends. Our staff is very good at giving directions and recommendations, so we are sure a recommendation about McDonalds was a little joke that you took way too seriously. We hope you find what you looking for rest of the ~116 countries. The Hatters Crew