Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

The guy on the front desk was really helpful and gave me all the directions I needed.

• 10th Nov 2014

Just the perfect place to stay and such good value. Very clean. Great location. Good staff. Amazing breakfast 100% would return any time.

Beds were uncomfortable, not enough power plugs. Poor value for money.

Sometimes the water pressure was so low, that water was dropping from the tap and in the room you could hear loud buzzing noise of water pump, which was very annoying during the night

The people in the next room were partying VERY LOUDLY way past 12. I went to upgrade my room, but the staff said that upgrades are allowed only before 11pm. I complained about the noise, but he bluntly said that such things happen in hostels. I have been staying in many hostels across Europe. This was one of the worst experiences. They were up till 5pm. I could get no sleep at all.

great location, great breakfast, kindable staff!! very near from piccadilly station so you can easily go anywhere!

What I found was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in my life: Poor staff ... if you ask any help, they do grudgingly or simply tell you to use Google / The bathrooms are horrible, very bad conserved and showers are in a very cold place (where you can not fully close the window) and need to push a button to turn on the water (it`s like a temporizador), 10 or 15 seconds, then you need to push several times during your bath / The breakfast offered - even free - is horrible and totally disorganized

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Poland

I am satisfied with Hatters. It is close to train station, with good kitchen and included breakfast . Staffs are polite and helpful. Only one little thing is the bed is too soft for me. Recommend to all.

Clean kitchen. Clean bathrooms but the flush in the female toilets didn't work half the time. Nice rooms with lockers big enough for valuables out in the hallway. Good location, easy to walk to most places of interest and surrounded by cool cafes and vintage shops. Wifi worked really well on ground and first floors. Free breakfast; just toast and cereal.

always love coming to manchester and wouldn't stay anywhere else except hatters!

Manchester really is a great city to be in, and Hatters is definitely the place to be in in the city to be in. And our new bar, Holdfast, is unequivicaolly the hangout to be in in the place place to be in in the city to be in. And baked beans are the beans to be being eaten between beers.

Had no problems staying here, very helpful staff.

• 22nd Oct 2014

The only good thing about this hostel is it's location, everything else is terrible. I arrived there at 1pm and I was told I can't check in until 2pm, ok fair enough. After waiting a whole hour I was finally given permission to go to my room, when I arrived there it wasn't ready. I complained to the housekeeper about this who told me he hadn't had the time to prepare my room. At 4.30pm my room was finally ready. There were other bad things e.g. low security, lazy staff, dirty toilets and etc.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Iceland

With such a good location who could resist coming early! Check in is from 2pm, but for any guests who do arrive prior to this, we have free luggage storage available, as well as full use of our communal facilities including free tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Apologies for any inconvenience checking in to your room, it is sometimes (rarely) the case, that due to such high demand our superhuman housekeepers are lessened to mere mortals, but all to ensure a tantalisingly cosy bed for y'all!

Good location and good breakfast.Rooms and showers are not really comfortable also shower room was a bit cold.Everything looks quite old, but i know this is on average for british standard.

These brits ay, really trying to hold on to the glory days! Did you know our building, a former hat factory was built in 1900. It's been a building longer than Australia has been a nation!!

Had a great time at Hatters, very close to city centre & loved free wifi & breakfast! I participated in a pub crawl & the games night and had an awesome time! some noise in rooms, but to be expected would definitely recommend!

Thanks for the review! Pub crawls, games nights, free breakfasts, free wifi, close to the city centre, yeah these are great, but it's nothing without fantastic guests like yourself having a ball and making noise!

We only stayed one night, it was a decent place to stay and facilities looked good although we didn't have the chance to spend to much time in the hostel

Thanks for your review! If you're ever back in Manchester, be it for gigs, clubbing, museums, football or just to count how many revolutions each passenger gets on the Manchester Wheel before their turn is up, we'd love to have you back to show you hostel's full capabilities!

Staff was friendly and helpful, showers and cleanliness was not, Showers were cold and dirty and not even worth getting in.

• 8th Oct 2014

Our top-notch housekeeping team does try to be as thorough as possible, even spending 4 hours cleaning the loos each day. But as is the case with high traffic areas and Miley Cyrus, the shine wears off, so please don't hesitate to let a member of staff know if something needs cleaning. Unless it's another guest that needs cleaning, in which case there's showers for that.

This hostel was a awesome. The staff were all really nice and they upgraded us to a smaller, more private room

awe·some adjective \ˈȯ-səm\ causing feelings of fear and wonder Well then, there's no need to be fearful, we like you.

No hot shower water at 7.30am in the morning and no heating all night. Would be a good idea good for such a well established hostel to try and get the basics right.

Apologies for any inconvenience, the final stages of construction of our new bar, Holdfast, saw strange things happening to our heating and water, but we can assure you that things are now wet and warm in the appropriate places.

Good location; it's easy to find it. The bed was not so comfortable and the heavy door always made noise even though I tried to close it quietly. I wish the toilette be clearner and the shower room warmer. It's, however, close to many places for drink/food, so if you can ignore the things I mentioned, it's worth it to stay here.

Very easy to find, especially with a giant blue tit painted on the side of the building by street artist Faunagraphic. Blue tit being the species of bird. Thanks for the recommendation, we definitely think it's worth it to stay here too!

lack of microwave was not a good thing. plus kitchen and specially some tables in common area were very dirty. other than that - it was okay. just a little bit cold in the bathroom

Our poor microwave, overlooked once again. To stave off the potential onset of an existential crises suffered by our microwave, you'll be able to find the microwave in our kitchen on the first floor. We do count on guests respecting other guests and cleaning up after themselves, but should you find any area in need of special attention, let our special staff know, and we'll give it the attention it craves.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5