Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

The showers could be done better with places to hang out clothes and place our toiletries.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Great atmosphere and facilities. Short walk from main attractions and coach and train stations.

Stayed 1 night in a private room up on the 5th floor . This hostel has some serious maintenance issues. Here is a list of things that did not work: toilet in men bathroom , tap water in men bathroom , bed light (cord was cut off), TV , lift, juice machine. Next time I will stay in Travelodge or Premiere inn instead. Staff was helpful .

excellent! ! that's the hostel you looking for

Only a bit walk from shopping center and bus station, staffs were so friendly, room & bathroom were clean

There is no arguing that the location of this property is great. However, as we arrived we were greated with grumpy staff who made it seem like checking us in was too much to ask. We went up to our room which was so dusty (i mean the black paint infact appeared white) and had single glazed windows that didn't fully shut (we were freezing)! Finally the breakfast wasn't worth having & bathroom & communal facilities were awful! This is the worst and most expensive hostel I've ever stayed in!

• 19th Jun 2015

Room and facilities where great, I also liked the light breakfast. the staff is friendly and helpfull

We had a fantastic time! We were a group of 4 people and then were placed in a 10 bed dorm and then everyone else who arrived to stay in our room were great! Highly recommend doing the pub crawl with Eva and her friend Troy. Great way to meet people and mingle. The only bad thing is that the water pressure in the showers are horrible, but other than that we really enjoyed our experience. Wifi is a little temperamental but worked in the rooms, which was a plus.

The staff were pretty cool and the location seemed good. Close to the train station which is nice. It's an old building so of course it wasn't in perfect condition but it is what it is. They did a pretty good job of keeping it clean and wifi was really good. Lockers were a bit small and wouldn't fit a backpack but works for valuables.

Had a blast staying at the site. First of all it is really easy into get to from the train station. When we arrived it was super quick to sign in and the staff let us know to run upstairs as they were providing free supper that night. The staff was full of suggestions for things to do during the night and they were able to help us find where we had to go in the morning to get to our next bus. Would recommend this to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

Best hostel in Manchester (I have stayed in them all). Thanks you Eva for the awesome spaghetti- you have a chef of your hands! Had a great night and met lots of lovely people

Cool hostel in a great area of Manchester. The only negative comment I have is that my mattress and pillow were really uncomfortable & I woke up with a really sore neck and back.

I had a terrible weekend here. The room was very noisy as the windows were left open throughout the night. For this reason I had to get up and leave my room at 3am. The noise there was intolerable. I did not sleep for more than four hours during my stay. This greatly affected the quality of my weekend in Manchester - ruined it actually. The showers were constantly unreliable - hot then suddenly cold, etc. The showers even had hair in them - who wants to use a dirty shower? Not me.

the rooms are like prison cells & the toilets filthy, the 2 foreign men on the reception night shift were the main issue, they had horrendous rude unhelpful and even insulting attitudes to ALL of the customers - this was enough for us to never return disgusting customer service another male member of staff walked into our dorm and stripped & counted beds while me and my friend 2 females were there about to get ready & he didnt leave which we found invasive, bar downstairs is good but pricey

• 6th Jun 2015

Sort your elevator out. Hire completely new staff. Fix your prices.

Choose the YHA over this place, I have stayed at both! Beds were so uncomfortable I couldn't get any sleep. I ended up with scratches over my back because of the bwd springs coming through. Place was grotty, showers didn't work. It just needs a massive refurbish. Don't know how they can charge more than YHA for and equivilent 4 share dorm with no ensuite shower.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Wow, the last thing we want is for you guys to come out with scratches, we let our trained maintenance guy (Martin) that deals with stuff like this, know so I assure you that if you do book again in the same bed that problem wont exist! Also in regards to the shared bathrooms we have house keepers on every morning, and our 24 hr reception so if we do miss a spot please let us know. For next time we have our sister Hostel, Hatters on Hilton Chambers that provides rooms with en suites

A really nice and clean hostel and the staff is friendly the only bad thing is the shower is not really gd

Great location 2 minute walk to shopping centre and short walk to both bus and train station! Old building which meant a lot of dust and had very poor showers. Was a week day but I would have to say the atmosphere was quite dull!

There wasn't a hot water to take a shower!!!

Apart from not having toilet paper in the toilet and lukewarm water was coming from the shower it was a relatively pleasant stay. Breakfast loaded with simple carbohydrates is not necessarily the way to start your day, but it is not the Ritz anyway. The building is a bit old and the kitchens are shoddy. The loos are with sinks that were forgotten there from the victorian ages. All the place doesn't worth more than 10 pounds for a night even in the weekends.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5