Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Very happy with our stay, would highly recommend. Very good security, cameras everywhere and lockers so very safe. 2 minutes from train station very easy to find. Staff were very helpful and friendly, good atmosphere, staff even sat with us to watch a movie. Very clean all through, showers and toilets were lovely. Very good for the price. Had a big TV room with lots of dvds and comfy sofas and computers. Also a room dowstairs with a pool table and games etc. Free breakfast which was perfect :D

convenient location, comfortable beds, nice staff, decent communal area. Only thing i would really improve is the toilets and showers, cleanliness and freezing showers. enjoyed my stay there over Manchester pride weekend.

• 29th Aug 2015

The hostel wasn't as good as I expected. I have stayed in the hostel down the road on Hilton Street, this was alot cleaner with better bathroom facilities. Although I had the best weekend and met some outstanding people that I probably wouldn't have met if I wasn't staying in a hostel!

• 28th Aug 2015

Great Location (heart of the city), Great breakfast (Very rich). Needs to be more clean & you should have lift too.

It was a very good stay for me as it was a first time in the hostel I really liked the hatters hostel it was welcoming and location was great

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Latvia

the shower is very crazy. or too hot or too cold. i met here very interesting people

Love this place, brilliant staff and brilliant place

Good value however the building is old and dusty with single glazed windows and a weird drafty exterior door in the toilet area. Some holes in the floor as well as visible mousetraps. The mattress was probably the worst I've had and the breakfast was only dusty, sugary cereal and poor quality juice. Clean enough showers and toilets. Security and reception service were fine, people were in good spirits and there was good lighting and nice colours.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Good location, staff was nice. The room smelled bad though. The showers did not worked properly. It´s good for the price you pay.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Chile

The private dorm was nice, we had more than enough space. Only downside is that there was only one double plug socket, of which you could only use one. I think even just one more pair of sockets would be useful.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Nice room and bed but there was a lot of noise from the street in the morning rush hour. Would recommend using earplugs. Bathroom could be better. Staff was very kind and the bar in the basement was pretty cool.

I stayed in room 406 for one night. + Good points: secure rooms (ID and a key card are required), location is a minute away from the main high street and about five minutes away from the bus stop, good choice of breakfast foods, female-only toilets and bathrooms, the room, corridor and shower room were clean. + Negative points: the state of the toilets and the paintwork around the windows was not good, towels and clothing has to be left on a bench in the shower room, outside noise til 1am

Was only able to stay one night due to a fast past travel but overall enjoyed my stay at Hatters & in Manchester overall! The coffee shop across the street Ezra & Gill is also amazing!

Good location in the party district, good facilities apar from showers, way too hot had to rotate through all 4 showers until the water got too hot. Key card entry for rooms although no lockers in room but some in the reception hallway. Overall a dated building/ interior but does the job so I can recommend. Oh, the pub crawl was the worst ive ever been on, couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery comes to mind, I'm not prudish or homophone but he took us to a gay barbar, cmon!

As with Hatters Liverpool, this seems like it had the potential to be a very social hostel, but it just didn't quite have the atmosphere. The staff member in charge of the various social activities was gone during my stay, so there was very little going on. All the other staff I met was extremely helpful, but if you're looking for a place to really meet people, this is probably not the place.

Big rooms, but only 1 power point in a 8 bed room. You can feel the springs in the bed. Girls bathroom wasn't even on my floor & even then, there was only 2 toilets & a lot of times, there wasn't any toilet paper. Good wifi in the room. Staff were good. Even though I saw the them clean, it was still pretty dirty. Loudest hostel I've stayed at, both inside and out. There was a youth group staying there that were loud & yelling in the halls & stairs & staff did nothing to quiet them down

Very good hostel with good location! Really liked my stay here and would stay again!

Good for a night but wouldn't like spending too long here. Very disorganised when I stayed there, arrived at 2pm and was told I couldn't check in until 5. Staff weren't too helpful/uninterested and there were no lockers in the rooms. Also they apparently had no towels available while I was there. The toilets and bathrooms were always generally clean but the common areas, staircase, etc were always dusty and needed a good vacuum.

Highly recommend 5 *

Very good hostel Good location. Friendly staff. Good free breakfast. Clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6