Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

It was a very good stay for me as it was a first time in the hostel I really liked the hatters hostel it was welcoming and location was great

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Latvia

the shower is very crazy. or too hot or too cold. i met here very interesting people

Love this place, brilliant staff and brilliant place

Good location, staff was nice. The room smelled bad though. The showers did not worked properly. It´s good for the price you pay.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Chile

The private dorm was nice, we had more than enough space. Only downside is that there was only one double plug socket, of which you could only use one. I think even just one more pair of sockets would be useful.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Nice room and bed but there was a lot of noise from the street in the morning rush hour. Would recommend using earplugs. Bathroom could be better. Staff was very kind and the bar in the basement was pretty cool.

I stayed in room 406 for one night. + Good points: secure rooms (ID and a key card are required), location is a minute away from the main high street and about five minutes away from the bus stop, good choice of breakfast foods, female-only toilets and bathrooms, the room, corridor and shower room were clean. + Negative points: the state of the toilets and the paintwork around the windows was not good, towels and clothing has to be left on a bench in the shower room, outside noise til 1am

Good location in the party district, good facilities apar from showers, way too hot had to rotate through all 4 showers until the water got too hot. Key card entry for rooms although no lockers in room but some in the reception hallway. Overall a dated building/ interior but does the job so I can recommend. Oh, the pub crawl was the worst ive ever been on, couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery comes to mind, I'm not prudish or homophone but he took us to a gay barbar, cmon!

As with Hatters Liverpool, this seems like it had the potential to be a very social hostel, but it just didn't quite have the atmosphere. The staff member in charge of the various social activities was gone during my stay, so there was very little going on. All the other staff I met was extremely helpful, but if you're looking for a place to really meet people, this is probably not the place.

Big rooms, but only 1 power point in a 8 bed room. You can feel the springs in the bed. Girls bathroom wasn't even on my floor & even then, there was only 2 toilets & a lot of times, there wasn't any toilet paper. Good wifi in the room. Staff were good. Even though I saw the them clean, it was still pretty dirty. Loudest hostel I've stayed at, both inside and out. There was a youth group staying there that were loud & yelling in the halls & stairs & staff did nothing to quiet them down

Good for a night but wouldn't like spending too long here. Very disorganised when I stayed there, arrived at 2pm and was told I couldn't check in until 5. Staff weren't too helpful/uninterested and there were no lockers in the rooms. Also they apparently had no towels available while I was there. The toilets and bathrooms were always generally clean but the common areas, staircase, etc were always dusty and needed a good vacuum.

Highly recommend 5 *

Very good hostel Good location. Friendly staff. Good free breakfast. Clean.

Really good hostel, and super value.

The staff were very friendly and easy to talk to. There was plenty of room in the dorms though the power outlet situation was an issue. The showers weren't very private and the toilets from the Stone Age but they all got the job done. Wifi was also great through the hostel.

Hostel is located in the main party area of Manchester and above a bar - therefore it is quite noisy on the weekends. Toilets and showers are really old and should be renovated urgently, otherwise the hostel is ok.

Reasonably placed in regards to the train station Was also reasonably placed for centra town centre Rooms were spacious and clean Would stay again if had too

Brilliant stay, I'd lost my bank card after I had booked this and they were great about it and even didn't bother to make me pay a security deposit. Also was surprised with free dinner as well as breakfast, for a tenner room this was a godsend, thankyou :)

Excellent value for money, very happy I picked this hostel! Met some really friendly people and would definitely choose it again.

• 21st Jul 2015

Arrived very early after a long flight. So I knew that I would have to store my bag and come back after check-in. The fellow at the desk was friendly, and invited me to have breakfast if I wanted (even though it wasn't my check-in time yet). Little things like that make a big difference. My only slight negative is internet terminal charges. I do prefer places that don't charge for a 15-minute use of a terminal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5