Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Very good hostel Good location. Friendly staff. Good free breakfast. Clean.

Really good hostel, and super value.

The staff were very friendly and easy to talk to. There was plenty of room in the dorms though the power outlet situation was an issue. The showers weren't very private and the toilets from the Stone Age but they all got the job done. Wifi was also great through the hostel.

Hostel is located in the main party area of Manchester and above a bar - therefore it is quite noisy on the weekends. Toilets and showers are really old and should be renovated urgently, otherwise the hostel is ok.

Hatters was a really enjoyable place to stay and it was a shame we only spent there one night on the way to our actual holiday location. We had a private room for 2 in the top level of the building with a nice view. Beds were very good and the breakfast was above hostel average. Well maintained toilets/showers on various floors were also nice. Overall a cool building itself.

Reasonably placed in regards to the train station Was also reasonably placed for centra town centre Rooms were spacious and clean Would stay again if had too

Brilliant stay, I'd lost my bank card after I had booked this and they were great about it and even didn't bother to make me pay a security deposit. Also was surprised with free dinner as well as breakfast, for a tenner room this was a godsend, thankyou :)

Excellent value for money, very happy I picked this hostel! Met some really friendly people and would definitely choose it again.

• 21st Jul 2015

Arrived very early after a long flight. So I knew that I would have to store my bag and come back after check-in. The fellow at the desk was friendly, and invited me to have breakfast if I wanted (even though it wasn't my check-in time yet). Little things like that make a big difference. My only slight negative is internet terminal charges. I do prefer places that don't charge for a 15-minute use of a terminal.

Fix your showers.

• 19th Jul 2015

It should be a much cleaner place and you should improve (a lot!) your facilities: toilets, showers, a lift available for customers, etc.

• Spain

Excellent hostel. Only thing that needs to be looked at is the kitchen. Not enough equipment

• 19th Jul 2015

Cheap accommodation, nice staff, lots of stairs. Free breakfast decent -- cereal and toast, and Wifi great throughout hostel. Reception staff give useful maps and good advice about places to go. Only problem is very few power points in rooms and no individual lights. However happy overall and would stay again.

The female dorm was great, but the bathrooms and toilets are really an issue, especially on the weekends ... But thats more of a question about who stays there, people can really be untidy. There is a nice bar across the road for a decent breakfast.

The music in the ground floor lounge area was unnecessary loud, especially as some people were reading. Showers were a real disappointment due to low water pressure. Also, the doors to the rooms were really noisy - would be better to have a quieter closing mechanism. On the positive side, the staff were always friendly and helpful

Great location, hip hostel. A little incident was dealt well with by the awesome, brave and good looking staff. There is a kithen, a free breakfast... They could use more power outlets and better showers/more toilets, but other than that a great hostel with 24 hour reception. Book it! :)

Only two plugs by one bed in an eight person dorm is not enough. Everything else was fine. Spaces could be a little cleaner - bit of dust and dirt everywhere.

• 8th Jul 2015

The only problem with my room was that in order to keep the room from getting very hot we had to leave the window open so it caused the room to be very noisy from the street right outside the window. And the pillows were very thin so I suggest bringing your own. Breakfast was good & showers worked well. Over all a good place. Happy staff and happy atmosphere.

Lovely place :)

I had a great stay. Clean and felt safe. My only trouble was the lack of temperature adjust on the showers, but I enjoyed my stay. The staff gave me great recommendations for food (Rincon, tapas).

• 4th Jul 2015