Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Location is excellent and easy to find. Staff are lovely. They probably need to check the toilet paper situation more regularly. Free breakfast. I'd go back again :)

Noted!!! We can get very busy on reception and as the building is so big it's difficult to get to all the floors, but we will definitely keep that in mind. We do also keep toilet paper here at reception for cases like this. We're glad you found us easy to find, there's a Newton Street in the middle of nowhere in Manchester which google maps can sometimes trick you into visiting ;)

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone! It is a great location, just off the main road, so not too much noise at night time. The main lounge was very nice, as was the kitchen, and the t.v. room was great! The ladies at reception were so lovely and helpful, and made me feel very welcome. So far the best hostel of my trip!

Thanks so much, truly appreciated!!! Enjoy the rest of your travels, and hello from hatters to everyone you meet :D

The bathrooms and showers were on a different floor to the room, they were very old-fashioned but quite clean. Staff wern't particularly helpful or friendly but was over all ok.

• 4th May 2014

The comments we receive about our staff are usually top-notch so I'm not sure what went wrong here, however we apologise and hope it didn't affect your stay too much!! If you do have an issue with the bathrooms being on separate floors, just let us know, we can sometimes manage to shift you to another room :)

Hi I had a great time if only I snore and I disturbed my felllow guests. Nex time I shall get a single room.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Spain

Haha this is the first comment we have received about themselves snoring....we didn't seem to get complaints from anyone else, it's all in your head man, it's all in your head ;) See ya next time!!

Wasn't too bad for a single night wouldn't wanna stay there much longer. Noisy in the rooms, not very clean either!

I really enjoyed staying at Hatters. The srwff was great, the room was nice, facilities clean. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 28th Apr 2014

Access to sockets in the rooms near each bed would be appreciated, or at the very least make them more accessible for everyone in the room. I had to lean over one of the other guests, who was sleeping, in order to unplug my phone charger.

We do get a few comments about this and will be working on it - in the meantime we have lots of sockets in our communal area and if you'd like to leave something charging for awhile you can always leave it with us behind reception :)

I had been staying at Hatters Hostel in Manchester before and was always satisfied. This time, however, I really had bad luck: I was staying in one of the three single rooms (#306). The window in that room could not be completely closed and with the noise level from the outside it felt like sleeping next to the street - even with earplugs! The curtains were also damaged such that light could get into the room. When leaving, I told the staff these problems and they seemed to take care about it.

Our manager does room checks everyday but we can sometimes miss things like that (particularly when we have a quick turnover eg. late check out/early check in) so we apologise!!! I'm glad however that the staff on reception were able to note down what you informed them of - the issues have now been fixed and I hope next time you're here your faith in us can be restored!!

Staffs very good, although there is a bald man in a night shift who was very rude. I would return.

We do try our best to be a welcoming team so it's disheartening to hear that you felt that way. Please let us know by email if you have any complaints about staff. etc., so we can try to fix it!! We're glad you would come back though ;)

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »