Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

the water in the shower was luke warm. way too cold for january in manchester! they won't let you use the lift even if they have rooms on the 4th floor and you have heavy suitcases yet the lazy staff get to use them... breakfast is awful. they put you in rooms with nasty old people. like in there 50s. staff swear to you in spanish, thinking you don't understand

the hostel has a good location and you can get quickly to the centre. what I didn't like was that I was in a room with a guy who would talk to himself the whole time and when I asked to change room it was not possible, so I had a sleepless night since the other people in my room turned out to be very creepy, talking and giggling to themselves (I assumes they were homeless people due to their smell and weird behaviour). I felt very unsafe. All in all, the hostel offers free wifi, breakfast.

Thanks for your feedback! Guest safety is a priority so if at any time you ever feel unsafe in our hostel, please let staff know. We have security measures in place that include all guests requiring photo ID and a valid credit card, which your room mates would have had. So maybe they were just practicing for an upcoming rap battle they had. That's what I just tell myself when I encounter a weird room mate during my travels. Now me and one guy have a mixtape coming out!

Great location!Internet free WiFi just works on the ground floor and 1st floor, in this day and age it should be all throughout the hostel.

Thanks for the review! What we hope to do is get all our guests mixing and mingling in our common areas, and that's why you'll find there our free wifi, free tea and coffee, the comfiest seats and bangin choons. We hope that you were able to get done what you needed though. I personally like to use the internet to check bus times for cities I want to visit and then pretend I'm waiting for that bus #cheapholidayhacks

Really good location, really friendly staff. However really cold rooms. I do like to party hard, but I would also like to have a good night sleep.The walls are really really thin. Been on hostels all over the world, never seen anything like this.These group of guys in their 18's were yelling in their room at 6 am downstairs and a lot of people from our floor woke up. We stayed at the fifth floor - No elevator. They start to clean our room and beds 10.30 while we were still getting ready to leave

We must apologise for the inconvenience. Manchester did experience colder than usual weather recently yet our automated heating was on its own agenda. Robots these days eh? Back in my day they did what they were told! Happy you found the location and staff helpful! If you are ever staying with us again, don't hesitate to let our staff know of any noise complaints, because while we do welcome partiers, it's like I always say, 'I want aloud on the streets and asleep in the bed"

Good location. Have stayed there twice now but probably not again. Private room was old, old windows let the freezing air in, bed was squeaky and very old, shared bathrooms are dirty and old, water was only warm, service was good, close to Piccadily station and Northern quarter.

We are very sorry to hear this (there's no punctuation mark that adequately ends a sentence with the opposite intention of a '!' so hopefully this worded supplement will suffice) The building is an old one, that's for sure. Completed just two years after traveling was first invented, what the building now lacks in modernity we hope it can make up with character and atmosphere as it introduces you to England's best city!

All was fine, but for the week-end I couldn't reserve a bed for one night on Saturday, I had to reserve for two nights (Saturday and Sunday) instead of only one that I needed . And obviously I slept there for just a night .

As we get so busy on weekends, we have a 2 night minimum in place to handle the extra demand, so we understand the inconvenience if you're only looking to stay one night. But 2 nights is the perfect starting point for seeing all Manchester has to offer, like you could do exactly what you did on the first day all again on the second day but this time pretend you're from the future!

Location was great, only 5min walk from Piccadilly station, as well as many attractions & shops. The only real negatives were that the beds were really uncomfortable and the hot water didnt always work in the showers. Also more than 1 double powerpoint in an 8 bed roo would be nice

Thanks for the review! Two cars checked in the other day and were upset that everything was within walking distance. They must have vented their frustration by exercising on the beds! And that's why we don't condone sleeping in the same room as a running car

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »