Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Great hostel; Leighton and Coleman (Aaron and Cormack) #hostelheroes

We must apologise, Cormack and Aaron have since been fired....FIRED UP that is! for more shenanigans during our FREE nightly hostel activities!

Pros: great location, free breakfast, 11am checkout, good range of entertainment facilities. Cons: very old building, no lockers/storage in dorms, cold dorms, showers last literally 6 seconds with no control over temperature and usually dirty floors with blocked drains. Bring ear plugs!! It is very noisy outside.

Thanks for the review, we do love a good pros and cons list! Free nightly entertainment, with 11am checkout (including earplugs available at reception) and free brekkie sounds like just the way to spend a night in Manchester! Our old building is very much a throwback to the city's industrial prime, and the showers do take a bit of mastery, but help conserve the water during Manchester's extended dry spells.

very nice staff, always at your disposal :) thank you very much for your recommendations Inma&Harold

You are very welcome! Our staff are brimming with recommendations for all that's well and good in Manchester and all the fashion trends of Spring/Summer 15! Just come ask! Pzoww!

Very friendly and welcoming staff, great central location in a trendy quarter near to Piccadilly station, dorm room was comfortable and communal bathrooms/lockers plus free tea and coffee. If you are a light sleeper like me, I recommend ear plugs and eyemask on weekends for city noise/light.

We're so happy you've enjoyed your stay here, thanks for a lovely review! In exchange, can I offer you this lifeprotip: If you're having trouble getting your child to go to sleep, try eating their favourite food in front of them and trying on their clothes.

Close to the city centre. The bathrooms are old and the shower is separated from toilet.

Thanks for the feedback! Not only are we close to the city centre, we are in fact surrounded by it, knee deep, wading through piles and piles of city centre. On a similar note, we like to keep the showers and toilets separate so that our guests don't confuse the two!

Well situated, and everything you'd want in a hostel. Would use again.

Aw thanks, please do use us again for everything you want... in a hostel

Good staff. Aaron and Cormack are top blokes and are good to hang out with when everyone else has their nose in their laptops.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad that our host A. A. Ron and Cormac showed you a good time. Can you believe A. A. Ron almost gave it all in to become a priest? But we were having nun of that and got him in to restore faith to the travelers!

Keep it up with the pub crawl! That was one of the highlights of my stay. Overall, good hostel. Thanks for having me.

Will do! Glad you've enjoyed your time here! Our host A. A. Ron will be sure to see that our guests are enjoying themselves, making the most of this lovely city, and occasionally feeding you! He's been practicing with the pigeons in Piccadilly Gardens. Feeding the pigeons that is, not feeding them to you. But if you ever get the chance, his pigeon fajitas are ace.

Twin room was basic but an alright place to stay, in an excellent location right by all the best bars and restaurants in the Northern Quarter. Also less than 10 mins walk from the coach station. Walls were pretty thin so depending on who's in the next room you may not get much sleep. Male showers on the 5th floor weren't working when I was there but there were others. Not v. clean though! Recommended overall - for location mostly - but feels a little overpriced for the quality/cleanliness.

Thanks for your review and your balanced feedback! We aim to provide the best value beds in town, offering free breakfast, free wifi, a top location, a social atmosphere with nightly activities for as little as a tenner on some nights! If you feel there's anything more we can do for you to make the stay more memorable please do let the staff know! Also let us know when you enjoy things too, that's always nice!

When I checked in, I left one bag in the luggage room. I don't think it is enough asking if guests have a number to get access to the room. The receptionist should actually check that number with the bags the guests take and destroy them after the guest leaves. I was able to stay inside the luggage room for more than 5 minutes, organising my bag, I could have taken ANY bag, and in the end, I even left with the little paper. I feel like I could just go back tomorrow and take ANY bag.

Thanks for your feedback! We take our guests security seriously: we only allow entry to guests, reception is 24 hours, lockers and CCTV are throughout, and conduct ID checks and use vouchers that let us know you stay here. Our free luggage storage uses the ticketing system, CCTV, as well as staff remembering guests faces and item, and in my time here, not one bag has gone missing! If only we were in charge of tracking the luggage of the passengers on LOST then we could've avoided that whole saga

Nothing special. Staff seem not to care really...

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »