Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Hatters on Newton is awful beyond comprehension. I have been travelling for eight months straight, and have never stayed in a place so miserable. The disgruntled staff banished me to a dungeon - like dorm room, filled with sick obese people ranging from 45 - 60 years old. The coughing fits and midnight symphonies of flatchulence from my room mates was a living, naseating nightmare. As if the inhumanely uncomfortable mattess wasnt bad enough. Don't stay here. Don't.

I just for 1 night, though I have to say place location n staff are the best side, breakfast included but just average, however, the big downs were cleanliness in room and having showers

Our location is TOP of the TOPS and POPS :) Thank you for your lovely review! Come back soon to Hatters!!

Overall pleasent stay. Friendly people all around.

We hope you joint the PUB CRAWL too!! That is our Masterpiece over the weekend. We love to have friendly and happy guests! It really makes our day better!! Thank you for your review and come back soon!!

Comfortable bed, felt nice and safe. Would stay again!

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • Wales

Come back again!! And bring all your friends with you this time!! :) Lovely review, thank you! Hope to see you soon in Hatters!!

Was clean but has old facilities. I did not feel safe in the area of the city, but there was security. Very expensive for what is was. Breakfast was not impressive.

Hey thanks for your review! Our prices are not as expensive all the time! They are very much variable depending on how busy we are and what events are on in the city! You must have picked the expensive weekend! Hope you enjoyed your stay thou!

Thank you very much, we had an excellent time

Thank you for choosing us!! Our goal is to make everyone's stay a memorable one! Hope to see you soon with all your friends!

Bathrooms - nowhere to hang anything. Need hooks Showers kept going off, had to keep pushing button every 7 secs Toilets - not easy to flush Regularly running out of breakfast stuff: butter, jam, fruit, kitchen towels, ... Cutlery holder - very dirty. Had to rinse cutlery in hot water Film night did not happen - waited for 45 mins then gave up - no apology! There is a sign saying if want to know good places to go to ask at reception. Very abruptly told to go to tourist info.

• 30th Sep 2013

Free tea, coffee and toast 24/7 was a huge plus for me. Also 24/7 access to the hostel was good. Good nights sleep every night. Never had 2 wait 4 a shower or toilet. I accidentally checked out 3 hours late, but they didnt charge me any extra, much appreciated. The hostel will lock away your bags if u want, very handy, but staff dont always check u r taking your own bag when you come to collect it - a little worrying for me, since I had a bag stolen a few weeks before. Very happy overall.

Thank you for your review! We try our best to check on the bags, really, but sometimes is really hard when it gets really busy! I know that there are dishonest people out there but we trust all our guest! :) Come back soon!!

Dumpy hostel. Good enough for one night.

We have been coming 4.te the year to you and are always very satisfied

• 29th Sep 2013

Really nice place, staff were friendly enough and location was good too. The curtains in my room could've been a little better just to block out street noise and light a bit more. But otherwise satisfied :)

Lovely review! We do know about the windows...our funky location is the heart of the party in Manchester so it can get pretty noise at night. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you soon in Hatters!

It's a very nice place to stay to visit the city center, well located. Beds are comfortable and people are nice.

• 25th Sep 2013

It sounds like an advert :) THANK YOU!! Really happy to hear you enjoyed you stay!! Come back!!

Good location qnd nice staff. They don't have enough lockers and the bathroom was in a different floor from the room. Didn't feel very clean.... Anyway, it's cheap :)

We try our best to allocate boys and girls in the right floors in order to have showers and toilets close to you, but that is not possible all the time, unfortunately! Thank you for your review! Hope you had a nice stay!

Staff are very friendly and glad to help you with everything and anything you want, my bed was clean and comfy had a great stsy

• 25th Sep 2013

Great!! We always love to hear very positive feedback! That means we are doing pretty well!! Really glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Free breakfast was perfect.

Yay!! Hope you had lots of free toasts all day too!! :)

Just a few minutes walk from the bus station which is perfect. Overall a pleasant stay, good range of cereals and toast in the morning.

Simple breakfast but tasty and effective! Cereals toast and milk that's what you need in the morning! Now we also have natural yogurt! Yammy!

I spent a really good time there. People help you and try to do their best in order to make you involved in the new British atmposphere. I will definitely come back if I need to spent time abroad or during holidays. Congratulations for your hard work!

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • Spain

Thank you so much! We do really appreciate when guests see beyond the first layer. We all thank you and we will keep up the good work!! Come back soon!!

Internet cuts out every five mins, nice staff

Weekends can be a bit though due to the big amount of guest who are connected all at the same time. Mostly it runs smoothly thou! Hope you really enjoyed your stay at Hatters!!

Good solid hostel.

Solid Hostel for solid people! :) Thank you for your good review!! Hope everything was good for you.

I really enjoyed my stay in Hatters on Newton Street. Thanks for being very welcoming and for offering the pub crawl! ;-)

• 20th Sep 2013

Glad you jumped in our EPIC pub crawl!! It's only a tenner but really....is kind of priceless!! The staff at Hatters always looks forward to it every weekend!! Thank you for the lovely review. Next time you come back, make sure it'll be over the weekend for another crazy night out!