Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Was a nice stay at the hatters! Awesome location (right in the northern quarter) and had a really nice time at the Christmas markets :) would stay again! I love Manchester. The only thing id say is there wasn't any towels left to hire at reception so I couldn't have a shower and rooms were cold compared to the main areas of the hostel.

Good location, clean and with a friendly staff

He utilizado hostels varias veces como alojamiento en Europa y la verdad que ninguno tan sucio como éste.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff were friendly enough, but not nearly so exuberant as all your advertising would have led me to believe. The toilets are also quite cold! Maybe close the windows in there at night? Overall, though, I was quite pleased! The location is easy to get to and very central, and it's a clean, secure, engaging place to stay.

• 9th Dec 2014

We're happy that you were happy with your stay overall. Indeed our staff are friendly, though their exuberance may often be expressed with supreme subtlety, such as sitting very still, tickling your feet while you sleep, committing acts of false advertising, and blink-and-you'll-miss-it warm British sarcasm.

Bonne auberge, bien située et personnel plutôt sympathique. Je recommande!

Location is very good, right in the district where most bars and restaurants are. The beds were confortable and warm but some of the staff could be a lot friendlier. Even though the dorm is secured with an access card, the hostel should loan/rent/sell locks for the available lockers.

Any bar or restaurant worth their salt is located within 5 minutes walk of us, or if you don't feel like walking, we have a new bar, Hold Fast, in our basement with gourmet sandwiches and exclusive deals for Hatters guests. Lockers (free) are available on each floor and are monitored by CCTV, and locks are available from reception to rent or buy to keep those valuables safe.

Hatters was really good hostel! Staff was really friendly and helpfull. The room was clean and warm. Toilets&shower rooms were also clean. Common room was big and comfortable to stay, with working wifi for once. Free breakfast was nice surprise for me. Lockers were quite tiny but if you have bigger things you want to keep safe, they have a luggage room/you can leave more valuable things to reception.

All these things are true, if you were Pinocchio, no one would know because your nose would be regular sized. Glad you enjoyed your stay, please visit again soon!!

Surprisingly clean. The water in the showers was lukewarm and not a lot of pressure. The rooms could do with more plugs (only 6 for a 18 bedroom). Staff was friendly and helpful

Surprisingly clean, like a dogs tongue. But not my neighbour's dog. Keeping us up all night. Swearing at my cat. Where does he learn these words?

Area looks a little iffy and quiet at night but it was safe. Stayed for one night and there was a basic breakfast. Big community area which was nice and a lot of plugs to charge up the phone.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Rest assured that the area we're in, The Northern Quarter, is a safe area. Unless you suffer from a condition in which all moving cars look like ducks. In which case you will be hit by lots of ducks. But that's not really location dependent. Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Very few charging points and a lot of them hidden behind beds. Staff was very helpful.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • India

Our staff are so helpful in fact that should you need to charge anything you can leave it with reception where we'd be happy to charge it for you. And don't forget you can find plenty o' points in our common rooms! And don't forget the 5th of November!

The guy on the front desk was really helpful and gave me all the directions I needed.

• 10th Nov 2014

Before he worked here, he was employed by a very rich woman to sit on the dashboard of her car all day directing her around town. He quit when he got tired of her poking him in the face. Otherwise, all our staff are more than happy to offer fantastic directions and suggestions of where to go around Manchester that suits your tastes.

Just the perfect place to stay and such good value. Very clean. Great location. Good staff. Amazing breakfast 100% would return any time.

Well you sure know how to make us blush, please do return any time!

Beds were uncomfortable, not enough power plugs. Poor value for money.

A lack of power will indeed make one uncomfortable. An unending infestation of ants in Rupert Murdoch's pants is where he sources his motivation from to this day. For our guests though, our common room is throbbing with more power outlets than you can poke a fork at.

Sometimes the water pressure was so low, that water was dropping from the tap and in the room you could hear loud buzzing noise of water pump, which was very annoying during the night

Water is flowing once again like the rivers of Babylon. There we sat down. Yeaaah we wept, When we remembered Zion. Such a great song. Sorry, where were we? Oh yes the water. We experienced a few hiccups during the construction bar, Holdfast, ironically an underwater themed venue. But all is good now, because we have a bar for drinking and water for hangovers!

The people in the next room were partying VERY LOUDLY way past 12. I went to upgrade my room, but the staff said that upgrades are allowed only before 11pm. I complained about the noise, but he bluntly said that such things happen in hostels. I have been staying in many hostels across Europe. This was one of the worst experiences. They were up till 5pm. I could get no sleep at all.

We do enforce a quiet policy after 11pm to ensure that all our guests get their sleep, so we apologise for any inconvenience encountered. On weekends we are the temporary home to some of the UKs finest revelers and sometimes if you can't beat 'em, you might a well join 'em

great location, great breakfast, kindable staff!! very near from piccadilly station so you can easily go anywhere!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

What I found was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in my life: Poor staff ... if you ask any help, they do grudgingly or simply tell you to use Google / The bathrooms are horrible, very bad conserved and showers are in a very cold place (where you can not fully close the window) and need to push a button to turn on the water (it`s like a temporizador), 10 or 15 seconds, then you need to push several times during your bath / The breakfast offered - even free - is horrible and totally disorganized

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Poland

The worst?!?! We have 3 options from here: 1) infiltrate every other hostel you plan to stay at and sabotage them to a state of irrevocable disrepute; 2) ritual seppuku (of which you'll be invited to to witness, there will also be free sashimi); 3) Take on your feedback and do our best to ensure any other visits to our hostel are welcoming, well serviced and memorable for all the right reasons. Though I do love raw fish, we will go with option 3!

I am satisfied with Hatters. It is close to train station, with good kitchen and included breakfast . Staffs are polite and helpful. Only one little thing is the bed is too soft for me. Recommend to all.

Even it takes some pushing and touching we will get your satisfaction in the end!

Clean kitchen. Clean bathrooms but the flush in the female toilets didn't work half the time. Nice rooms with lockers big enough for valuables out in the hallway. Good location, easy to walk to most places of interest and surrounded by cool cafes and vintage shops. Wifi worked really well on ground and first floors. Free breakfast; just toast and cereal.

Cheers for your review! It sounds like you found everything you needed during your stay!

always love coming to manchester and wouldn't stay anywhere else except hatters!

Manchester really is a great city to be in, and Hatters is definitely the place to be in in the city to be in. And our new bar, Holdfast, is unequivicaolly the hangout to be in in the place place to be in in the city to be in. And baked beans are the beans to be being eaten between beers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5