Hatters on Newton Street Reviews

50 Newton Street, Manchester, England

Robs the man. Good bar in the hostel and good people staying,

more information about things to do in manchester

When I got to the hostel, the receptionist couldn't find my booking. They told me that I had booked for the night before, and cancelled my booking, which I did not do at all. Luckily I had confirmation on my e-mail for the correct date and they had spare beds available. There seems to be some confusion with the system. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm which was basic. The beds were OK to sleep in for one night. The showers had frosted glass doors so you had to undress in the shower.

• 23rd May 2015

Great hotel with a friendly vibe.

Staff were awesome, a great thing for my first hostel ever. Everyone was very friendly there and it was a warm atmosphere. Luggage was brought up for you but had to travel up 5 flights of stairs every trip in and out of hostel or to common room. Didn't bother me. Free breakfast was cereal, muesli, toast, orange juice, tea and coffee. A lot of car horns and sirens all night long especially on Saturday night even on 5th floor. Heating worked really well, never needed a jumper. Would stay again :)

The staff were friendly and helpful, good facilities i.e. toilets, kitchen, tv room. Located right amongst the city! Would recommend hatters to anyone.

its okay for a few nights. rooms are decent (floor is a bit dusty but no big deal). showers are a bit annoying but the button lasts around a minute and you can just hold it down. no lockers in the room, which is a big deal. my backpack was too large for going up and down from the luggage room downstairs so i chained it to my bed and a guest stole my lock in the early morning when i left it unlocked as i slept. the staff are super friendly though and helped me with everything i needed.

This was my 2nd hostel stay, overall I was very happy with my experience! The staff were very friendly and welcoming! The hostel was super close to the city centre and an express supermarket which made things handy! The only downside is there is no recycling for your rubbish - everything goes in the same bin, hopefully they look into this so they can do their bit for the environment! Other than that, a very pleasant stay!

Was very impressed overall. Only small problem I had was with the hot water in the showers, it often only lasted for a min or less, but would stay again. Cheers.

Kitchen was small but provided the essentials. Large common space, plus a tv room for relaxing. Staff were okay but I felt they were happier talking to each other than the guests. Bed was okay, toilets were a bit grimy and the bathrooms overall looked quite old and cracking in some places. Great location. The showers have a partially glazed door, you have to get changed out in the open. Just a button you have to keep pushing, no temperature settings. I really liked the sofas. So comfy!

Sanitaires vétustes et literie de mauvaise qualité mais pour une nuit, ça passe.

Das Hostel war das dreckigste was ich je gesehen habe! Kein warmes Wasser, die Fenster waren kaputt. Die Toiletten waren eine dreckige Katastrophe!! Dieses Hostel ist ein Zumutung und sollte auf der stelle geschloßen werden da gesundheit Bedenken vorherrschen. Das Personal ist dazu noch inkompetent um sich um dies Belange und Missstände zu kümmern. NIE WIEDER!!!!! The hostel was the dirtiest thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hostel was very easy to get to and have 24 hour reception which is great, as I got in quite late. It was kind of hard to sleep because there is a lot going on in the street, especially since the hostel has a club. All the noise came in through the walls and windows. The door to the dorm was impossible not to slam so everytime anyone was in or out it was quite loud. I stayed in a 10 person all girls dorm which I think was the best option because the girls themselves were quiet.

It was quite cold the first night, but the atmosphere is great

Great staff and facilities in heart Manchester. We really enjoyed our stay, thank you.

• 29th Apr 2015

Cheap and cheerful, definetly need to invest in the bathrooms and better windows. Staff were friendly

found the staff very understanding of my problem of no debit card accepted a room cash deposit would definitely stay again

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • blue2015

Hatters provided me with a great base in the centre of Manchester where I needed cheap accommodation for work. It was a friendly hostel in a perfect location for the city centre.

• 21st Apr 2015

This was my first hostel experience, and they for sure set the bar high. I was greeted by a very friendly and outgoing host, I believe his name is Rob, and he answered all my questions when it came to the hostel and the city. The hostel is in a great location, close to everything in walking distance. Although I only stayed for 3 nights, I definitely had a great time in Manchester. These guys know what they're doing and I hope they continue this model because I definitely will be coming back!

Auberge chère et très bruyante, surtout si on est au premier étage. Douches et WC sales.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4