Haus Christine Reviews

Panoramaweg 3, 5300 Hallwang, Salzburg, Austria

Very nice hostel with an exceptional view. More recommended for travellers with a car.

Christine is a very helpful host who runs a clean house with a beautiful view! Comfy beds which accommodated our family of 4 nicely.

• 13th Aug 2014

Only complaint is that 1 toilet and shower in the same room can be a bit difficult at times. Otherwise, it was an excellent place to stay and fantastic value for money

Great location and beautiful views! Christine is a great host, very friendly and the place was perfectly suited for our 7 person group. We loved it and would definitely recommend it.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

christine is very nice and she would provide as much information as she can

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very satisfied with Haus Christine. Beautiful mornigs by breakfast with an amazing view over the city and mountains. The location is very good for silence and peace but quite far from the city. Yet one thing was a bit unpleasant - one bathroom and one toillet for four rooms.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Potentielly 12 persons sharing one tiny bathroom! If you need wi-fi find another place to stay. The connection was almost non-existing.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Denmark
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very nice place to stay, the view was stunning, the room cosy and well-equipped. Christine had a lot to do but was very nice!

The staff was super friendly and nice! The view was beautiful and I'd definitely stay there again! A bit far from the city but smiling and helpful staff and homelike place made it totally value for money! Thank you haus christine :)

I canceled my stay here 24 hours in advance and received a prompt response with no late cancellation fee. Christine was very kind - the next time I go to Salzburg, I am staying here!

The location isn't in the city center, but it's absolutely beautiful to be staying in the middle of the mountains. The view is incredible!

Beautiful view and amazing breakfast! We loved staying here. The only downside is the walk from the bus station but it isn't too bad and the view makes everything worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

Pros: Very scenic location. Well kept room. Friendly staff. Cons: Public transport from the location not very frequent. Additional washroom needed.

Located on a hill overlooking the beautiful natural scenery and the city Salzburg. Quiet, relaxing and very enjoyable to just have a cup of tea in the garden.Christine keeps the house very tidy everyday. I miss their cat Oskar :). Down side: only one bathroom

After our first night we were moved from one room to an other with a little roofwindow that we could hardly reach/open. According to the smell on the pillows/sheets, the owner did not change them after the departure of the previous clients! Moreover there is Only ONE shower and toilet in one single bathroom for at least 10beds.That is not enough... Breakfast was basic. It's a shame because the view is very nice.

Weird that wifi was only aloud in the room- after a long day of site seeing it would have been nice to sit outside and enjoy the view with the use of wifi. I felt confined to my room and felt that I couldn't enjoy the location- being that it was outside of Salzburg and a 15 min hike up a steep hill with a 50 kilo backpack. Also,I thought it was strange that visitors weren't aloud to take their breakfast outside on the back deck to eat on the patio and overlooked Salzburg with an amazing view!

The hostel is in a lovely location, with a fantastic view of the mountains. Christine is very friendly and helpful. Only downside is that there is only one bathroom which can mean that there is a wait in the morning/evening to use it.

Nice and cosy place, but a bit away from city center. Good breakfast and amazing view down the hill. Only thing we didn't like - only one shared bathroom and many guests ar the time we visited.

The location was great. It was a little bit out of town and a hike if you don't drive but it was worth it when you get the amazing view of Salzburg from her house. Christine was really nice.

Haus Christine really made my stay in Salzburg that bit more special. The place is absolutely amazing with fantastic views. Christine was very good in suggesting places and organizing everything for me so all I had to do was to enjoy and relax. The room was very clean, well decorated with a peaceful atmosphere, which allowed me to really recharge my batteries. Everyone was very welcoming, friendly and flexible. For my next time in Salzburg I know exactly where I am staying: HAUS CHRISTINE!

• 15th May 2014