Haus Christine Reviews

Panoramaweg 3, 5300 Hallwang, Salzburg, Austria

Potentielly 12 persons sharing one tiny bathroom! If you need wi-fi find another place to stay. The connection was almost non-existing.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Denmark
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very nice place to stay, the view was stunning, the room cosy and well-equipped. Christine had a lot to do but was very nice!

The staff was super friendly and nice! The view was beautiful and I'd definitely stay there again! A bit far from the city but smiling and helpful staff and homelike place made it totally value for money! Thank you haus christine :)

I canceled my stay here 24 hours in advance and received a prompt response with no late cancellation fee. Christine was very kind - the next time I go to Salzburg, I am staying here!

The location isn't in the city center, but it's absolutely beautiful to be staying in the middle of the mountains. The view is incredible!

Pros: Very scenic location. Well kept room. Friendly staff. Cons: Public transport from the location not very frequent. Additional washroom needed.

Located on a hill overlooking the beautiful natural scenery and the city Salzburg. Quiet, relaxing and very enjoyable to just have a cup of tea in the garden.Christine keeps the house very tidy everyday. I miss their cat Oskar :). Down side: only one bathroom

After our first night we were moved from one room to an other with a little roofwindow that we could hardly reach/open. According to the smell on the pillows/sheets, the owner did not change them after the departure of the previous clients! Moreover there is Only ONE shower and toilet in one single bathroom for at least 10beds.That is not enough... Breakfast was basic. It's a shame because the view is very nice.

Weird that wifi was only aloud in the room- after a long day of site seeing it would have been nice to sit outside and enjoy the view with the use of wifi. I felt confined to my room and felt that I couldn't enjoy the location- being that it was outside of Salzburg and a 15 min hike up a steep hill with a 50 kilo backpack. Also,I thought it was strange that visitors weren't aloud to take their breakfast outside on the back deck to eat on the patio and overlooked Salzburg with an amazing view!

The hostel is in a lovely location, with a fantastic view of the mountains. Christine is very friendly and helpful. Only downside is that there is only one bathroom which can mean that there is a wait in the morning/evening to use it.

Nice and cosy place, but a bit away from city center. Good breakfast and amazing view down the hill. Only thing we didn't like - only one shared bathroom and many guests ar the time we visited.

The location was great. It was a little bit out of town and a hike if you don't drive but it was worth it when you get the amazing view of Salzburg from her house. Christine was really nice.

Haus Christine really made my stay in Salzburg that bit more special. The place is absolutely amazing with fantastic views. Christine was very good in suggesting places and organizing everything for me so all I had to do was to enjoy and relax. The room was very clean, well decorated with a peaceful atmosphere, which allowed me to really recharge my batteries. Everyone was very welcoming, friendly and flexible. For my next time in Salzburg I know exactly where I am staying: HAUS CHRISTINE!

• 15th May 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Lovely place and really quiet. Both Christine and her husband are really nice people. The place is really nice and clean. Only downsize is the location... you have to take a train to the city center. And the place is up the hill but you can arrange a pick up if you can't walk up

Great view. We had a car so we didn't mind so much that it was far from the city center and we didn't regret that (it was worth it). Included breakfast is nice. The room for 3 wasn't small. Dislikes: only one bathroom for everybody, uncomfortable pillow, no washing machine.

Nice Hostel, but there is only one bathroom with shower, so if the hostel is fully booked you have to share it with 12 people. So sometimes you have to wait really really long in order to be able to go to the bathroom. On the plus side, there are basins in the rooms, so at least you can brush your teeth anytime. Christine is very nice and helpful when you have questions about what to do in Salzburg and gives you vouchers for the bus ticket and other attractions.

Nice atmosphere, friendly people - but from city centre you have to take the tram and it's a bit up the hill. It's worth it. Clear recommandation.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Haus Christine was in a lovely location, and an easy walk to a train or bus station to get into city center. The only problem was that there was one bathroom for all of the guest rooms, and at the time there were 7 people staying so there was often queues for the toilet, which can be a little frustrating when 7 people all need to shower at the same time and get out the door.

Near the train station but it was hourly train so we had to wait. The hostel is located on a mountain and it was so nice! Christine was also so kind and the breakfast was really delicious

Located in a quiet environment up on the hill but not far from centre with a bus top in walking distance down the road. walking distance to train station as well. Christine is a friendly host. Breakfast is well served every morning, good view from the breakfast room. Bedroom and toilet are clean & tidy and has a home feeling. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay. For relaxation vacation we highly recommend it!! it would be perfect if there is wifi provided.

View all Salzburg Bed and Breakfasts