Haven Reviews

3 Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Australia

Best hostel I've stayed in 😜👍👍👍

An average hostel, nothing great to say. Some of the staff were pretty rude/impatient, especially when my door key rarely worked in the door - I was told to just try again basically. No lockers in the rooms, shower facilities were very basic, breakfast was minimal, a few nice people but most use it as a very quick stopover en route to Ayres Rock, if that's your main thing to do, fly into Ayres Rock instead!

The area of Alice Springs is pretty rough and during a our stay someone was attacked when they were out, I feel the staff and hostel should warn people of the dangers and suggest walking around only in large groups and night and getting taxis after 9pm!

Really great hostel with an awesome atmosphere! BBQ and activities in the beer garden every night, great way to meet other backpackers.

This was my worst hostel experience ever. On my second night my security card stopped working which meant I was locked out on the Main Street at 10.30 at night until someone let me in. The door did not shut properly to my door requiring slamming, the staff were fairly unfriendly and unresponsive. The brekkie is toast w coffee and powdered milk, and if you want so much as a mug or spoon you need to ask downstairs. The bathroom smelt and facilities generally run down. Would not recommend!

Stayed at this hostel for 4 nights all together as we were doing a tour. Some staff on reception were very helpful, others, it felt like you were interrupting them/getting in there way. You have to leave a $10 deposit whenever you want to use a plate, bowl, cup, saucepan, frying pan. It gets a bit tedious after awhile. Location was very good, rooms were very clean and spacious and good storage baskets under beds.

No heating anywhere, impossible to stay in the common areas too long because I was freezing. This made meeting people difficult

View all Alice Springs Hostels