Haven Reviews

3 Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Australia

This was my worst hostel experience ever. On my second night my security card stopped working which meant I was locked out on the Main Street at 10.30 at night until someone let me in. The door did not shut properly to my door requiring slamming, the staff were fairly unfriendly and unresponsive. The brekkie is toast w coffee and powdered milk, and if you want so much as a mug or spoon you need to ask downstairs. The bathroom smelt and facilities generally run down. Would not recommend!

Stayed at this hostel for 4 nights all together as we were doing a tour. Some staff on reception were very helpful, others, it felt like you were interrupting them/getting in there way. You have to leave a $10 deposit whenever you want to use a plate, bowl, cup, saucepan, frying pan. It gets a bit tedious after awhile. Location was very good, rooms were very clean and spacious and good storage baskets under beds.

No heating anywhere, impossible to stay in the common areas too long because I was freezing. This made meeting people difficult

When I planned to go to Alice Springs, I intended to stay there for about 3 to 5 nights while looking for people to go to the red centre. While staying at Haven, I made so many friends that I ended up working at Havens for accommodation for 3 weeks more! Great place, good beds, loved to spend my days at the pool.

Friendly and helpful staffs...Good place to chill out before Uluru and other attractions...I enjoy it...

Not welcoming staff BBQ was good at beginning and became really poor for the price (seriously, only 2 sausages...) Fresh milk at the beginning changed to disgusting milk powder, staff said "milk is for coffee only", so what's wrong if I like fresh milk for breakfast? Again, staff should be train with hospitality concept Booked online at 21, staff was sure it was 23, then didn't want to let me stay more for 21$... Do you really want to keep customers? Said free @ but there is no, liers

Good hostel in Alice Springs- very clean, lots going on and friendly staff. This is a hostel more so for people doing tours in and out - so if not booking a tour through the hostel - choose a "long term stay room". Lots of activities and brochures, good internet and a nice environment :)

I enjoyed my stay at "Haven". It was a good value for the money. I would suggest the hostel to give more opportunities for lock up important stuff and valuables for example installing lockers in dorms.

All members of staff were very welcoming and friendly! All the facilities were kept clean including the pool! Also had trays under beds which were handy so the rooms weren't messy. A good stop over before doing the Ayers Rock tours!

An all around good place to stay, not far from the CBD of Alice Springs. The extras were especially nice like the free breakfast, pool, clothes line outside, and the evening barby from 6 to 8 PM.

The stuff was friendly but the atmosphere was determined by many rules, we did not really feel like guests.

• 2nd Mar 2014