Haven Reviews

3 Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Australia

Really great hostel with an awesome atmosphere! BBQ and activities in the beer garden every night, great way to meet other backpackers.

This was my worst hostel experience ever. On my second night my security card stopped working which meant I was locked out on the Main Street at 10.30 at night until someone let me in. The door did not shut properly to my door requiring slamming, the staff were fairly unfriendly and unresponsive. The brekkie is toast w coffee and powdered milk, and if you want so much as a mug or spoon you need to ask downstairs. The bathroom smelt and facilities generally run down. Would not recommend!

Stayed at this hostel for 4 nights all together as we were doing a tour. Some staff on reception were very helpful, others, it felt like you were interrupting them/getting in there way. You have to leave a $10 deposit whenever you want to use a plate, bowl, cup, saucepan, frying pan. It gets a bit tedious after awhile. Location was very good, rooms were very clean and spacious and good storage baskets under beds.

No heating anywhere, impossible to stay in the common areas too long because I was freezing. This made meeting people difficult

When I planned to go to Alice Springs, I intended to stay there for about 3 to 5 nights while looking for people to go to the red centre. While staying at Haven, I made so many friends that I ended up working at Havens for accommodation for 3 weeks more! Great place, good beds, loved to spend my days at the pool.

View all Alice Springs Hostels