Havet House Reviews

596/1 Moo 2 Ao-nang, Muang, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

You get what you pay for. It's very basic but it's clean and quiet. Slumber Party Hostel is across the broad so if you're looking to party and sleep somewhere quiet I'd recommend this place.

I booked online, still the owner refused to accept my booking! *poof* gone was my money, I should have read the other reviews. Apparently, I wasn't the only one

Awesome value for the money. Best price in Aonang for a hostel with lockers and a communal fridge. I went during low season, so the kitchen and bar weren't open, but it didnt matter as there were plenty of places close by. The manager even gave me a discount when I extended my stay. I chose this place because it was only a 15 minute walk to Emerald Muay Thai gym. So if you are looking to do Muay Thai in Aonang, this is a great cheap place to do it.

Havet House was extremely unpleasant place for staying because of two main reasons. Firstly, the receptionist, and the only representative of a staff in the hostel, was very impolite, he doesn't speak English at all, not helpful and friendly at all. I can compare his behavior like a prehistoric man, with screaming and mimics. Second, the hostel is very dirty, especially the toilets which have ants all around the things lest there unclean for days, weeks or maybe months.

Owner was very friendly and super helpful

• 4th Feb 2015

I had booked a reservation and was told there was no beds available when I tried to check in. They weren't very helpful to me and I was stranded for a few hours until I found a place to stay. I had then booked one night somewhere else, and then booked another two nights back at Havet House through Hostelworld. But after my treatment and non helpfulness to find another place to stay, I felt unwelcomed and didn't go back to stay there and lost my deposits again.

• 27th Jan 2015

Internet was slow, the staff did not speak good English, and it's about a 30 minute walk from the beach. But it's quiet and clean and close to most things you'll need. Oh, and the blankets only cover about 2/3 of your body--super small.

Except the location which can be rated as average, the rest was just below of any expectations. First, the bed sheets, duvet and pillow cover were not change and with dirty spots on. The TV was not working and despite our efforts to sort this, we were left for 5 days with promises only. In all this tine we stayed there, the room was not cleaned at all. To mention, we had a double private room. The rubbish was everywhere in the building. The only staff there offers just his smile. Bad experience

A pleasant stay. The location is ok. 20 minutes walk to beach. Everything is good. My only complaint is the bed is quite hard.

The staff can't speak English. It's not a safe place cause someone stole me a pair of shoes. Only one good point: Internet is fast.

It is a very fun Hostel, great to meet people! But not so safe and not so clean. It is party hostel, so you're not gonna sleep untill 3h, but the party is amazing!!! Join them! Lol

The person at the front desk (Wren) was rude and his attitude was always changing. Sometimes he would be kind but at other times would treat guests terribly. You are required to remove shoes, but the hostel was not nicely maintained to walk barefoot. We had to insist that the bathrooms needed cleaning. I do not recommend this place. The wifi didn't work well in the rooms. He spoke impolitely to the guests. He also entered our all female dormitory without knocking when one of us was not dressed!!

Super clean hostel with cheap dorms. I stayed one night in an AC dorm and one in a fan dorm, both just fine. The staff is friendly and tries to help, I got a ride when I was really sick and needed to go see a doctor. It is a bit off from the beach, but it's walk-able or you can take a tuk-tuk for a decent price. Otherwise it's all great. A nice place to stay at. I do recommend it.

Hostel was well priced and had everything I needed. Note there is back door entrance you need to use after a certain hour which wasn't explained at check-in. Lockers are available but only for small items. The whole place has only two bathrooms with shower - could result in long lines but no problems when I was there. 30 minute walk to beach which doesn't matter if you book day tours (they include hotel pick up). I didn't price taxi fare.

Hostel was clean and location was fine for me a good 20-25 min walk to the beach. One member of staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English, but another spoke very limited English. Restaurant never seemed to do food which was strange but there was good food nearby. Excellent WiFi.

• 4th Jan 2015