Havet House Reviews

596/1 Moo 2 Ao-nang, Muang, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Internet was slow, the staff did not speak good English, and it's about a 30 minute walk from the beach. But it's quiet and clean and close to most things you'll need. Oh, and the blankets only cover about 2/3 of your body--super small.

The staff can't speak English. It's not a safe place cause someone stole me a pair of shoes. Only one good point: Internet is fast.

It is a very fun Hostel, great to meet people! But not so safe and not so clean. It is party hostel, so you're not gonna sleep untill 3h, but the party is amazing!!! Join them! Lol

Super clean hostel with cheap dorms. I stayed one night in an AC dorm and one in a fan dorm, both just fine. The staff is friendly and tries to help, I got a ride when I was really sick and needed to go see a doctor. It is a bit off from the beach, but it's walk-able or you can take a tuk-tuk for a decent price. Otherwise it's all great. A nice place to stay at. I do recommend it.

Hostel was well priced and had everything I needed. Note there is back door entrance you need to use after a certain hour which wasn't explained at check-in. Lockers are available but only for small items. The whole place has only two bathrooms with shower - could result in long lines but no problems when I was there. 30 minute walk to beach which doesn't matter if you book day tours (they include hotel pick up). I didn't price taxi fare.

Hostel was clean and location was fine for me a good 20-25 min walk to the beach. One member of staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English, but another spoke very limited English. Restaurant never seemed to do food which was strange but there was good food nearby. Excellent WiFi.

• 4th Jan 2015

Clean rooms, nice bathroom. very good for the price. Close to good restaurants and walking distance to the pub street and night market. hired the tuk tuk driver to take us to Angkor Wat and he was awesome!

Great hostel, just a 5 minute ride to centre point where the bars are. A few good places to eat, really chilled out place. The 2 men that work there are friendly and helpful, they can sort your travel out no problem and have found them fairly cheap. Everyone gets their own locker with a blanket and towel, beds are comfy and rooms are clean. There is a kitchen facility with cutlery/plates/cups etc and also a blender! I'd recommend staying as the price is also always good for what you get.

We really enjoyed our stay at Havet House. We extended our stay with no hassle, the guy is very nice and very accommodating as well as helpful with any questions you have or things you want to see. It is a little walk from the main area but it means it's away from all the loud music so you can sleep at night very well. The rooms are very clean, the beds are good. All round a good stay.

In this hostel you get value for your money. Its a cheap and quite hostel but has everything you need on 100 mtr. Party at Slumbers, the best restairant on tripadvisor and the familymarkt or 7/11. The beach is a 20 min walk but easy walk or just grap an tuktuk or motorcycle. Full review you can check here: http://gobackpackgo.com/havet-house-hostel-krabi-ao-nang/

Although the guy at the desk couldn't speak very good english, but then my Thai isn't any better- he really helped me out. He called his manager for me who explained how I could get to another part of Krabi for my visa. He also helped me out with a cheaper way to get to Phi Phi, rather then the tourist places near the beach. The place wasn't that clean

Quiet place. 20 mins walk to the beach. Lots of cheap restaurants abd street food near by.

Nice hostel but not very busy and a bit far from the centre. Wi-fi was a bit weak in the female dorm. Staff is nice and facilities are good.

No idea how people say this is the nicest hostel they have stayed in. Very dirty, hard to find and no communal area. Staff were helpful but so creepy. The mentioned 'helpful lady' was nowhere to be seen. Beds were soooo uncomfortable and so hot. Luckily there were nice people in my room.

The staff was nice and the room was okay. The beds were kind off squeaky though and the matras really hard. Like a board almost. Did book a good trip though (7 islands).

I recomend the hostel . A little bit far from the beach like 2 km . The hostel is brand new and every thing is okey there . The guy in the reception dont speak inglish but he smile and say 'yes' to you to everything . The owner speak inglish is there time to time and always is willing tp he you .

I liked so much that hostel, looks like a hotel! Really clean and good staff. Nem parece um hostel, muito limpo e organizado, funcionários muito amigáveis.

Very good accompdation for the price! Staff helpful and friendly. Quiet but well located next to many local amenities.

We were the only people staying there at the time. The two staff were friendly enough amd organised our ferry to phi phi at a good rate. Its situated at the top of the hill leading down to ao nang beach. The hostels are all in this area as the more expensive hotels are along the beach but its only a short walk or tuk tuk trip to the beach. Represented good value for money over all.

The staff guy is pretty nice (though seems a little off putting at first) and helpful for any questions about the area. The hostel is a little ways from the beach but many others are as well and the walk isn't bad unless you're like me and do it at high noon. There's not really a "lobby" per say but the second floor makes a good meeting space and I have made some friends there. Overall, nice and I've booked here twice now.

View all Krabi Ao Nang Hostels