Hayarkon 48 Hostel Reviews

Hayrkon 48, Tel Aviv, Israel

The perfect post-Birthright hostel. Best for groups. Occasionally some weird, older people in dorms but mostly young people down to party. Staff are helpful and the location can't be beat! ONLY DOWNSIDE IS THEY REFUSE TO TURN THE A/C ON UNTIL JULY, though they don't advertise this online :s P.s. You can rent a locker there for 15 sheks without having to reserve a bed, if you just want to store stuff near friends/the beach

If you have beds available in a female dorm give them to female guests automatically. Also if possible put people of smiliar ages together. We were originally put in a room with creapy older men when there was space in a female dorm.

• 14th May 2015

Great adaptation to all sorts of guest from older to younger. Good job.

nice hostel, nice crowd. clean rooms and adequate facilities. Breakfast is prepared by the guest themselves, with toast, eggs, various vegetables to use by taste. Very nice!

Depending on what you are looking for this hostel might suit your needs. If you want to party and don't mind tiny rooms, only 2 toilets and 2 showers per floor (for both women and men), no space in the bathroom to freshen up / blowdry your hair...then this hostel offers good value for money. The free breakfast was instant coffee, eggs, tomatoe, cucumber and pepper to make for yourself.

• 7th May 2015
  • Austria

I liked the hostel overall but I was confused as to why there were so many older people staying in the dorm rooms. I thought I read on the website that travelers over 45 or so had to get private rooms and I'm just confused as to why that wasn't enforced.

Rooms are too small and not so well equipped but overall the Hostel is great! We stayed there for a long week-end, unfortunately the best part of the hostel came only on Sunday, the smiling manager Yael :)

• 30th Apr 2015

Great place, All you want in a hostel.

• 25th Apr 2015

the guy at the front desk had a major attitude problem. but the environment of the hostel is really fun and young, its so easy to meet people here that my first day i went on a mini pub crawl with just the kids i made friends with! there is also a pool table and tons of other places to hang out and chill.. like the roof top! good place for lone travelers.

awesome place.. the guy at the front desk was a bit rude but other than that the hostel is great for lone travelers.. a lot of food places to walk to and also a great kitchen and dining room if you want to make your own food. A close walk to the markets and the beach as well as an easy walk to Jaffa! I would stay here again the next time im back in Tel Aviv!

Awesome friendly helpful staff. Best hostel been in

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The staff was very nice but the room downstairs was very bad-very loudly-behind the window there was he gas-tanks and I was happy to stay just one night. I think upstairs it was a good place.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Luxembourg

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff were all so incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds. The location can't be beat in my opinion. The only things I could say that I didn't like was that there weren't lockers in the bedrooms, which was kind of annoying. Also, the power outlets. There weren't individual ones at each bed or near the bed. They were all in a corner of the room, which was annoying. In short, I'd highly recommend staying here! I had a GREAT stay

Female dorm was too small with no individual lights per bed. Very noisy. Clean hostel but unfortunately people were not. Balcony is nice and nice to have a breakfast for free. Not enough outsdoor activities like tours or cooking lessons.

My favorite place to stay in tel aviv!

We had a really great stay at the hostel! Loved the atmosphere at breakfast time and the friendly staff. Thank you!

Lots of middle aged people staying in the hostel so it wasn't exactly youthful and lively. Locks for rooms are keys which didn't feel very secure that the rooms don't lock automatically.

This hostel was in centrally located and just one block from the beach. Can walk to most sites or easily hop on a bus and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The kitchen facility was very clean and the room was fine (no frills). There were no lockers in the room, which I hadn't realized in advance but this did not turn out to be a problem at all (they have safety deposit lockers in the lobby). Would definitely recommend it to friends and would definitely stay here again!

Excellent showers, beds. Good kitchen. Staff is super helpful and friendly

This is a great value for money choice. I would stay there again.