Hayashi Kaikan (Yokohama Hostel Village) Reviews

3-11-2 Matsukagecho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Japan

Dated accommodation with very small rooms and one shower for two floors. However, it was easily found (short distance from train station) and all staff were both friendly and helpful.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, they even carried my bag to my room when I left it to go exploring and came back after the main office hours were over. Area around the hostel was slightly iffy at first but in the end I realized it was nothing to worry about. Would definitely stay there again!

Good location and privacy, so I recommend if you're going to be traveling around Yokohama. You'll get your money's worth.

There was only one shower room on the one floor. Because there were many travelers, everyone had to hurry up to finish taking a shower. Futhermore, men and women had to use the same toilet.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Japan

Do not be fooled, the rooms are tiny. There were two of us together in one room and both of our mats would not fit on the floor. Neither would our luggage so we had to always have the beds away until we slept. The building seems quite dodgy and is freezing. Toilets and shower facilities are pretty terrible. But it's very close to China town and to the subway which made sight seeing really easy.