Hayashi Kaikan (Yokohama Hostel Village) Reviews

3-11-2 Matsukagecho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Japan

Im sorry but the kitchen area made me want to puke. IDK if it was your fault but there were food scraps everywhere! The mosquitos were a bother as well. The bathrooms were pretty grimey but at least there was a nice toilet on the top floor.

The location is really good, the staff were nice, and the facility was clean. However, the room is very small, about the size of a small walk-in closet. I am 5'11". The room was as long as I am tall and as wide as my arm span. Two of us just barely fit. Your bags go on a shelf above you. We were on the fifth floor and there is no elevator. But it is a good deal for the money. I would recommend it.

• 9th Oct 2015

Close to train station. China town and the harbour where there are nice parks and interesting sightseeing attractions. Hostel is just top two floors of an apartment building. Wifi works best on the couch between the 4 and 5th floor. Really nice garden on the top floor with enough space to exercise. Only one shower per floor. Rooms really small. But you will only be sleeping in them. Basic kitchen. Staff friendly and helpful. Good base for Yokohama. No real complaints, quiet at night so good slep

I didn't like the toilet room. There was no soap or anything to dry my hands with. The kitchen was not equipped with anything. You always have to go downstairs and ask for something to cook in at the reception and go upstairs again. In summer, it is really exhausting going downstairs and upstairs to the 5th floor just to bring something for your food to put in. I also didn't like that you have to wash your face and clean your teeth in the kitchen.

3 min from the JR line and 8 min Chinatown. That's where the goodness ends. Upon arrival, I was charged twice what I had reserved (amount due on arrival was supposed to be ¥3020 and I was charged ¥6420- UNACCEPTABLE!) relunctantly paid after SHOWING the confirmation price. The "free wifi" pword in room is wrong, and once you get the pword, barely works unless 2 floors above room. The room size was expected, the toilet was fine but sink and shower were sticky and unkept. No security. Rude staff

• 15th Aug 2015

Although my room was tiny I still had a great time here! I highly recommend renting a bike at reception and riding around Yokohama. It is such a beautiful city.

Very small room but clean and had a window.the cashier man helped me carry my luggage upstairs!its the first time staff in any hotel did this for me wow!location close to train ,cafes and nightlife.

The room was good, but the shower does not work properly

Room is small but I don't mind it, private space. Good for the night stay!

Two person room was too small. Barely able to fit the two of us and have to carry luggage up five flights of stairs.