Hayashi Kaikan (Yokohama Hostel Village) Reviews

3-11-2 Matsukagecho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Japan

hot water bath is free staff offer to carry our baggage to 5th floor. NO LIFT.e all room share 1 shower, although we compliment that hot shower is foc. room is so so smelly, outside of room is another kind of smell... room is really small, really.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Not the worst place I've stayed in, but close... it's a run-down building, tiny cramped rooms (two bunks, yet barely enough room to stand in), limited bathroom facilities, WiFi only available from a couple of seats in the stairwell, etc.

In the early morning hours I accidentally unlocked the room 2 doors down from mine and.....the door opened. The hostel has at least 2 of the single occupant rooms with identical keys! I left by depositing my key in the drop box (the front desk opens at 9 am), I hope the management checks all the room keys to eliminate any duplicate keys. On the positive side the communal toilets and bathrooms were clean and not evil smelling.

Very small double rooms.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Spain

My friend and I booked a "twin" room for two people and, when we arrived, discovered it was the same size as a private single for one person (3 tatami mats). As for the facilities, there was only one shower per floor, the kitchen doubled as the washroom, and the doorknob to our room came off in my hand. The staff were friendly enough. However, the only time we ever saw them was when we checked in. All in all, definitely not worth 2250円 per night.

Small box with blanket on the floor don't expect much more than that. My partner is tall and kept hitting his head everywhere almost couldn't lay flat in the room! However the location was awesome and we were walking distance to one of the most spectacle China Towns!