Hayashi Kaikan (Yokohama Hostel Village) Reviews

3-11-2 Matsukagecho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Japan

There was only one shower room on the one floor. Because there were many travelers, everyone had to hurry up to finish taking a shower. Futhermore, men and women had to use the same toilet.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Japan

Do not be fooled, the rooms are tiny. There were two of us together in one room and both of our mats would not fit on the floor. Neither would our luggage so we had to always have the beds away until we slept. The building seems quite dodgy and is freezing. Toilets and shower facilities are pretty terrible. But it's very close to China town and to the subway which made sight seeing really easy.

The most tiny space I have ever stayed, bed and reception. Staff were friendly and linen was kept clean,nice garden on roof top, free bread was served at 9. Atmosphere was likely slam area, you will see jobless or sick men on the road especially in the evening. Some of you may scared them. Come again? ummm.

Really nice, small tatami rooms and decent facilities. No real communal area, and atmosphere wasn't particularly great, but still a good place to stay and near Chinatown. Also has very good bike rental rates.

hot water bath is free staff offer to carry our baggage to 5th floor. NO LIFT.e all room share 1 shower, although we compliment that hot shower is foc. room is so so smelly, outside of room is another kind of smell... room is really small, really.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Not the worst place I've stayed in, but close... it's a run-down building, tiny cramped rooms (two bunks, yet barely enough room to stand in), limited bathroom facilities, WiFi only available from a couple of seats in the stairwell, etc.

In the early morning hours I accidentally unlocked the room 2 doors down from mine and.....the door opened. The hostel has at least 2 of the single occupant rooms with identical keys! I left by depositing my key in the drop box (the front desk opens at 9 am), I hope the management checks all the room keys to eliminate any duplicate keys. On the positive side the communal toilets and bathrooms were clean and not evil smelling.

Very small double rooms.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Spain

My friend and I booked a "twin" room for two people and, when we arrived, discovered it was the same size as a private single for one person (3 tatami mats). As for the facilities, there was only one shower per floor, the kitchen doubled as the washroom, and the doorknob to our room came off in my hand. The staff were friendly enough. However, the only time we ever saw them was when we checked in. All in all, definitely not worth 2250円 per night.

Small box with blanket on the floor don't expect much more than that. My partner is tall and kept hitting his head everywhere almost couldn't lay flat in the room! However the location was awesome and we were walking distance to one of the most spectacle China Towns!

reasonable place to stay. very warm duvets

Excellent! Not one problem

A bit different than your normal hostel - lodging/rooms are across the street from the office on the 4th floor and up with no elevator. The first 3 floors are occupied by working-class locals. Nice rooftop deck/garden though to hang on! There is WiFi up by the deck but it doesn't work in the bedrooms. This place obviously used to be some sort of roominghouse. There is also WiFi in the office, but they have no free PCs available to guests. An odd setup, but it is on the edge of Chinatown area.

Nice enough place with a nice vibe in the internet area. 5 floors up with no lift was a little tedious with our heavy bags but it was mentioned in other reviews so didn't come as a surprise. I'm pretty sure our room for 2 was just a room for 1 but with an extra bed/mat in it (the room was so small we couldn't actually lay both mats next to each other without overlap and our bags had to be wedged in the doorway. Next time we'd book 2 single rooms (same price) and use one for our bags!

Had a pleasant, quiet stay at Hayashi Kaikan. The staff were friendly and happy though as I was in the annex - where regular residents live on the first few floors and guests stay on the higher levels in private rooms, I didn't have much interaction. That was fine though as I was there for work and was out-and-about most of the time. People looking for interaction with other foreigners or backpackers will probably think that the annex lacks that jovial, fun spirit but it does provide privacy!

I really enjoyed the positive spin you put on the size of your rooms in your information section. I've stayed in Japan for a while so I'm used to rooms that size and I feel like some of the negative rooms reviews for the room were over reacting.

For the price it's really worth it. Clean kitchen and bathroom, clean individual rooms.the only down side is no lifts in the building. Climbing up 5 floors was really tiring.

• 21st Feb 2013
  • Malaysia

Very secluded district , especially at night. Room small as hell, and facilities worse ever

Thank you for your stayin and comment. We consider our rule about night once again. Sorry for inconvenience.

The cleanliness of the bathroom and kitchen could be improved.

Thank you for your staying and comment. Thanks to your comment, we can consider our hostel style once again.

A hostel quite special, but with its own charm! The staff is extremely nice and everyhing is arranged so that you feel well, in spite of the limited space (very small tatami and one bunk bed rooms). However, the rooftop is great! Nice deal for short stays!

Thank you for your stay and comment. We're glad to hear that you had good time during staying here. Thanks to your comment, we can consider our hostel style once again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4