Hayashi Kaikan (Yokohama Hostel Village) Reviews

3-11-2 Matsukagecho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Japan

3 min from the JR line and 8 min Chinatown. That's where the goodness ends. Upon arrival, I was charged twice what I had reserved (amount due on arrival was supposed to be ¥3020 and I was charged ¥6420- UNACCEPTABLE!) relunctantly paid after SHOWING the confirmation price. The "free wifi" pword in room is wrong, and once you get the pword, barely works unless 2 floors above room. The room size was expected, the toilet was fine but sink and shower were sticky and unkept. No security. Rude staff

• 15th Aug 2015

Although my room was tiny I still had a great time here! I highly recommend renting a bike at reception and riding around Yokohama. It is such a beautiful city.

Very small room but clean and had a window.the cashier man helped me carry my luggage upstairs!its the first time staff in any hotel did this for me wow!location close to train ,cafes and nightlife.

The room was good, but the shower does not work properly

Room is small but I don't mind it, private space. Good for the night stay!

Two person room was too small. Barely able to fit the two of us and have to carry luggage up five flights of stairs.

the room of the hostel was too cramped, it barely had enough room for the bunker bed. there was not any space for packing my bags and do other stuff. the ladder for the upper bunker is broken and really dangerous to climb up and down. moreover there were some other Chinese guys there speaking loudly even at night which I would also like to point out that the room is not quite sound proof. the WiFi reception is poor and I can not receive any signal from my room. I think this hostel is overpriced.

all things were satisfactory. I will come again and I will recommend to others.

• 14th May 2015
  • Indonesia

Usually when I book hostels I'm looking for places that can offer good value for money and a good atmosphere to meet new people. Unfortunately, there was no proper environment to meet new people, and only one shower for the amount of rooms wasn't enough. I guess it is a good place to stay if you are only looking for a bed, but in other places of Japan I payed less and got much more. So, it's an expensive place for what you get.

Dated accommodation with very small rooms and one shower for two floors. However, it was easily found (short distance from train station) and all staff were both friendly and helpful.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, they even carried my bag to my room when I left it to go exploring and came back after the main office hours were over. Area around the hostel was slightly iffy at first but in the end I realized it was nothing to worry about. Would definitely stay there again!

Good location and privacy, so I recommend if you're going to be traveling around Yokohama. You'll get your money's worth.

There was only one shower room on the one floor. Because there were many travelers, everyone had to hurry up to finish taking a shower. Futhermore, men and women had to use the same toilet.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Japan

Do not be fooled, the rooms are tiny. There were two of us together in one room and both of our mats would not fit on the floor. Neither would our luggage so we had to always have the beds away until we slept. The building seems quite dodgy and is freezing. Toilets and shower facilities are pretty terrible. But it's very close to China town and to the subway which made sight seeing really easy.

The most tiny space I have ever stayed, bed and reception. Staff were friendly and linen was kept clean,nice garden on roof top, free bread was served at 9. Atmosphere was likely slam area, you will see jobless or sick men on the road especially in the evening. Some of you may scared them. Come again? ummm.

Really nice, small tatami rooms and decent facilities. No real communal area, and atmosphere wasn't particularly great, but still a good place to stay and near Chinatown. Also has very good bike rental rates.

hot water bath is free staff offer to carry our baggage to 5th floor. NO LIFT.e all room share 1 shower, although we compliment that hot shower is foc. room is so so smelly, outside of room is another kind of smell... room is really small, really.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Not the worst place I've stayed in, but close... it's a run-down building, tiny cramped rooms (two bunks, yet barely enough room to stand in), limited bathroom facilities, WiFi only available from a couple of seats in the stairwell, etc.

In the early morning hours I accidentally unlocked the room 2 doors down from mine and.....the door opened. The hostel has at least 2 of the single occupant rooms with identical keys! I left by depositing my key in the drop box (the front desk opens at 9 am), I hope the management checks all the room keys to eliminate any duplicate keys. On the positive side the communal toilets and bathrooms were clean and not evil smelling.

Very small double rooms.