Hayashi Kaikan (Yokohama Hostel Village) Reviews

3-11-2 Matsukagecho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Japan

I stayed just for one night and everything was fine. For me it was just incovenient to have common toilet boys and girls, but for one night it hasn't be a big deal.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Area did not smell very pleasant because people were obviously smoking in their rooms. How can this be enforced if reception is closed? Room was very TINY. One shower for 20 rooms (5th floor across the road) is UNSATISFACTORY. The kitchen was not very clean and facilities were poor...was there detergent/brush. There was no kettle, something every other place had. Hostel promoted clothes drying on roof (good!), yet the clothes line was tiny. Bathroom was obviously NOT cleaned daily.

Im sorry but the kitchen area made me want to puke. IDK if it was your fault but there were food scraps everywhere! The mosquitos were a bother as well. The bathrooms were pretty grimey but at least there was a nice toilet on the top floor.

The location is really good, the staff were nice, and the facility was clean. However, the room is very small, about the size of a small walk-in closet. I am 5'11". The room was as long as I am tall and as wide as my arm span. Two of us just barely fit. Your bags go on a shelf above you. We were on the fifth floor and there is no elevator. But it is a good deal for the money. I would recommend it.

• 9th Oct 2015

Close to train station. China town and the harbour where there are nice parks and interesting sightseeing attractions. Hostel is just top two floors of an apartment building. Wifi works best on the couch between the 4 and 5th floor. Really nice garden on the top floor with enough space to exercise. Only one shower per floor. Rooms really small. But you will only be sleeping in them. Basic kitchen. Staff friendly and helpful. Good base for Yokohama. No real complaints, quiet at night so good slep

I didn't like the toilet room. There was no soap or anything to dry my hands with. The kitchen was not equipped with anything. You always have to go downstairs and ask for something to cook in at the reception and go upstairs again. In summer, it is really exhausting going downstairs and upstairs to the 5th floor just to bring something for your food to put in. I also didn't like that you have to wash your face and clean your teeth in the kitchen.

3 min from the JR line and 8 min Chinatown. That's where the goodness ends. Upon arrival, I was charged twice what I had reserved (amount due on arrival was supposed to be ¥3020 and I was charged ¥6420- UNACCEPTABLE!) relunctantly paid after SHOWING the confirmation price. The "free wifi" pword in room is wrong, and once you get the pword, barely works unless 2 floors above room. The room size was expected, the toilet was fine but sink and shower were sticky and unkept. No security. Rude staff

• 15th Aug 2015

Although my room was tiny I still had a great time here! I highly recommend renting a bike at reception and riding around Yokohama. It is such a beautiful city.

Very small room but clean and had a window.the cashier man helped me carry my luggage upstairs!its the first time staff in any hotel did this for me wow!location close to train ,cafes and nightlife.

The room was good, but the shower does not work properly

Room is small but I don't mind it, private space. Good for the night stay!

Two person room was too small. Barely able to fit the two of us and have to carry luggage up five flights of stairs.

the room of the hostel was too cramped, it barely had enough room for the bunker bed. there was not any space for packing my bags and do other stuff. the ladder for the upper bunker is broken and really dangerous to climb up and down. moreover there were some other Chinese guys there speaking loudly even at night which I would also like to point out that the room is not quite sound proof. the WiFi reception is poor and I can not receive any signal from my room. I think this hostel is overpriced.

all things were satisfactory. I will come again and I will recommend to others.

• 14th May 2015
  • Indonesia

Usually when I book hostels I'm looking for places that can offer good value for money and a good atmosphere to meet new people. Unfortunately, there was no proper environment to meet new people, and only one shower for the amount of rooms wasn't enough. I guess it is a good place to stay if you are only looking for a bed, but in other places of Japan I payed less and got much more. So, it's an expensive place for what you get.

Dated accommodation with very small rooms and one shower for two floors. However, it was easily found (short distance from train station) and all staff were both friendly and helpful.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, they even carried my bag to my room when I left it to go exploring and came back after the main office hours were over. Area around the hostel was slightly iffy at first but in the end I realized it was nothing to worry about. Would definitely stay there again!

Good location and privacy, so I recommend if you're going to be traveling around Yokohama. You'll get your money's worth.

There was only one shower room on the one floor. Because there were many travelers, everyone had to hurry up to finish taking a shower. Futhermore, men and women had to use the same toilet.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Japan

Do not be fooled, the rooms are tiny. There were two of us together in one room and both of our mats would not fit on the floor. Neither would our luggage so we had to always have the beds away until we slept. The building seems quite dodgy and is freezing. Toilets and shower facilities are pretty terrible. But it's very close to China town and to the subway which made sight seeing really easy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5