Heart Of Amsterdam

Very Good 1898 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2017
5.1

The location of this hostel was perfect but that was the only positive thing. The place was pretty dirty all over and we had mice in our room at night .....

• England, Male, 41+
21st Mar 2017

Great location, nice and clean, perfect for four people together. Would definitely stay again

• Romania, Male, 18-24
20th Mar 2017
7.1

Prometen 2 estrellas , es bastante bien si necesitas una cama y ducha caliente , bastante tranquilo . Lo recomiendo si necesitas lo mínimo .

20th Mar 2017

Amazing stay at heart of Amsterdam! The staff was super helpful & very friendly! They give you a locker key for 5€ but you get your money back when you return the key. The location is prime! I would highly recommend and go back again if I have the chance!

18th Mar 2017
7.1

One of the girls on day staff was incredibly nice and helpful... The guy who checked me in seemed like he was mad at me simply for existing... Each bed has its own locker and shelf and light.. they give you a fresh towel every day. Stay away from the cleaning lady though... She will yell at you in Spanish about everything.... Best to be out by the time she arrives. But overall... Not a bad place. But if you're traveling alone, find a more social place

• tanyagoranova
  • Bulgaria, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

Great location, friendly staff, clean towels, and sheets. I would stay again!

16th Mar 2017

I booked this hostel last minute because it was available and close to where I needed to be. It was clean and each room has a different theme. The guy working at the front desk was awesome and gave me my own dorm room when I was exhausted. I had a great view of the red light district from the huge windows in my room which were facing the street. For €12 the day before St. Patrick's day, it was awesome! I'd stay again.

• USA, Female, 18-24
4.6

If you're just looking to stay in the Red Light District the whole time you're in Amsterdam, then sure, stay here. But if you're looking to explore the rest of the city, I would recommend staying somewhere else. Staff wasn't always at the desk and you had to wait for them to show up to get your room key. It was so dark and creepy in the building. It wasn't clean. The outlet next to my bed was broken, there were holes in the walls, and the bedding was gross. Wouldn't recommend.

5.4

Too noisy, very hard too sleep (and i'm a heavy sleeper). The location is great though.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th Mar 2017

Stayed in the private dorm with 12 of my friends. Or was a large room, clean beds and towels, a little dusty but that was all. The bathroom was clean and they're were 2 showers/toilets, unfortunately 1 was not working, we still managed OK.