Heart Of Amsterdam Reviews

Oudezijds Achterburgwal 120, Amsterdam, Netherlands

They do not have regulations of public space. Someone made much noise when I was sleeping. It has a good location with many kinds of food. But because of good location, some weird roommates may take drug or get drunk till midnight. It is easy to go back room so that I didn't have good sleeping. It should be noticed if the shared room is wanted to be reserved.

Great location, very helpful staff, good value, no complaints

• 10th Apr 2015

It's in a good place if you want to visit a red light district. There's was a strange vibe there though and staff weren't particularly helpful. My bed had a fresh stain on it when I arrived and the rooms felt a bit too dark. But it was ensuit which was good and could get wifi in the room.

Only two showers shared in a 12 bed dorm and the toilets were very close to the wall so there was very little leg room. Very surprising since the dutch have the tallest race in Europe. BE WARNED!!! they also take another deposit on top of the hostelworld deposit which they say will be back in your bank within 10 days from your departure (which means the 10th day). This was rather annoying since the money they took put me in my over draft which i was charged per day until the money went back in.

Great location. Decent facilities.

• 30th Mar 2015

Stayed at the Apocalypse Now room. Lots of commotion coming from other rooms and the stairsm which made it hard to sleep. Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday. Great staff and location.

Location is everything! The room was fine but the bathroom was very dirty. I would stay here again solely because of its location

nice location and good atmosphere!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Can't beat the location. Right in the red light district. 10 minute walk from Anne Frank house and 30 minute walk from Vondelpark and the museums. Staff is nice enough but not all that helpful. Thought the nightly rate was overpriced for what it was but it seems nearly every hostel in Amsterdam is...

It was great. Next time I'll come visit I'll stay there too

• 9th Mar 2015

Felt like just a very expensive place to rest my head. No atmosphere and staff very unfriendly

One bathroom for 8 people was a little stressful. Minor issue other than that everything was fine.

Would recommend to everyone, stayed in the men in black room and was brilliant apart from having to sit sideways on the toilet (which is pretty abmornal) everything was clean and warming. Staff were very helpful on directing us on where to eat and go.

• 6th Feb 2015

Nine of us went to stay at this hostel and we had a great time, the staff were really kind and accommodating and allowed us to have an extra bed in our eight bed dorm so that we didn't have to split up. The beds were very comfortable and it was nice and warm in our room, the bathroom was really clean and warm. The area is really near the centre without being noisy at night. One of my friends found an abundance of unused cotton buds in her bed which was very strange but the rest was excellent.

Great place to stay when visiting Amsterdam

• 2nd Feb 2015

The location is very good. Like the name of the hotel: right in the heart of Amsterdam. The rooms are spacious but not very clean. The bathroom sould be better cleaned.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

The best thing about this place is the location. The overall stay was nice

Great location, very clean. not a very good atmosphere, rude and unhelpful staff at front desk.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Major attractions within walking distance. Breakfast (3.00 €) very good (could have a fruit). Kleenex in the bathroom. Bedroom doors with movie names. Map and detailed city itself. I liked it!

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Right in the middle of the Red-light District near cool bars and coffee shops. The facilities were nice too. The only thing was that the stairs were really steep, like really steep.