Heart Of Amsterdam Reviews

Oudezijds Achterburgwal 120, Amsterdam, Netherlands

If you like the Red Light atmosphere, that is the right place. But if you want to have a good night of sleep, that's not the place

Great position but worse stay ever in Amsterdam! We felt like rats: they put us in a room in the basement with no window, it was smelling of smoke all the time, and even they had free rooms and we insist to be moved thay did nothing! Terrible!

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Romania

Great location which provided you a place to sleep but that was about it, could have done with more of a common area.

I was robbed at this hotel and I´m sure management was involved. Got back to my room around 11 am and found someone suspicious going down from 2nd floor (my room was the only one on 2nd floor). When I instert my card key the door didn´t open. We had to go to front desk and get our keys updated. Had a huge amount of cash in my luggage and I realized it was missing when I was already gone from Amsterdam

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Location was really good. Would recommend to friends.

Awesome staff awesome location... Stairs are always fun when you come in a 4am as well

8 bed mixed dorm - bathroom smelled like open sewage all the time. Room smelled awful if bathroom door was not closed. Sliding door to shower was broken and very loud. Other than that, bathroom was OK. Beds were ok, power outlet and personal light next to each bed were very nice. Lockers were small. The door to our room did not shut fully. Hostel does not offer any crawls or events or common areas. Hard to meet others. Only plus was location.

Great place to stay. Would highly recommend!

• 28th Dec 2015

No cleaning service in the rooms, dirty and no good smell towels. Lack of security measures

The location was quite nice, though it's in the red-light district of Amsterdam. People,who don't want to have a room there should consider that. Unfortunately the bathroom floor was not really clean. A good thing was that we even had lockers in our room.

Location, Location, Location you can't get better than this!! Smack bang in the Red Light District. Fairly loud throughout the night but after all you are in Amsterdam!!! You shouldn't be sleeping!! If you are go get an air b'n'b with your mates grandma cause you dont deserve the Red Light District!! Highly recommend this place and the staff I had were extremely helpful and gave me the run down on every piece of information you need to know! Yes I mean everything 😉

Located just at the end of red light district. Location is nice but the toilet stinks. However they clean ur bed everyday. Staffs were okay.

I stayed 5 nights, and was moved from my bed after 2 nights without anyone mentioning it. I came back, a other guy was lying in my bed. The Locker that was assigned to this bed with all my personal stuff and valuables in it, was moved in an other locker without my permission and notice. Furthermore 1 perfume bottel and my headphones went missing. I slept in a 8 Bed mixed dorm, but we were 8 Persons and 1 mouse in the room. I confronted the Staff and they said they are not responsible..

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Austria

Very friendly and helpful staff, good vibes and right in the centre of all the action. Defo worth booking.

• 19th Dec 2015

Amazing location right in the centre of Amsterdam. Everything is really close by. Staff were very friendly and polite. Area is very safe and busy. A common area would have been nice. Would recommend!

Gross. Leaking sink and toilet all over floor. Whores everywhere and drugs everywhere. Kept getting offered cocaine constantly

When we first arrived, the electricity was out in the entire hostel for the whole day. The staff wasn't friendly, and our room was very, very dark (even with electricity back on). The bathroom in our 12 bed mixed room was incredibly small, and hard to move around with so many people using it. Overall, it was a bad experience.

The beds were comfortable, but top bunks are dangerous as it is easy to roll off. The place was ok, but generally it was not good value for money, and so any feedback is in relation to the price which was too high for this kind of hostel.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

Very happy during my stay at the hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful when I arrived, location was good but not great as it's a bit of a walk to the various trams. Facilities were great (wi-fi, storage lockers, power socket by bed) only one bathroom between 8 of us, but didn't make much of a difference. Would use this hostel again.

The guy who works on reception in the afternoon was extremely helpful, the only issue we had was our bathroom door handle came off

• 2nd Dec 2015