Heart Of Amsterdam Reviews

Oudezijds Achterburgwal 120, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not a bad word to say against the hostel to be honest, ideal location, staff were friendly, room was fine as was bathroom.. Would definitely stay again!

• 11th Apr 2014

If second-hand marihuana smoke and (window) shopping for prostitutes is your thing, then the location smack in the middle of the red light district is perfect. I'll probably look elsewhere for my next visit.

Fantastic location. Helpful staff especially when I lost our room key on the first night!

• 4th Apr 2014

Location was great, staff was very friendly and helpful. Really liked having my own personal locker, light, and outlet right next to my bed. Received fresh towels everyday and also had great wifi reception in my room. Would definitely recommend to others.

• 27th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, although more of a hotel. Not somewhere you want to stay if you want to party a lot but very nice rooms, very clean and reading light and plug for every bed :)

• 25th Mar 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel and would recommend it to others. The location was incredible, and the hostel was a great value. My only two complaints are: the WiFi was not very good (very slow and does not work well in the rooms) and the staff was not very knowledgeable on my questions, which were pretty simple and straightforward.

It was very nice to have new towels every day. Furthermore you have the possibility there to book a pretty good breakfast for just 3E - even 2 minutes before you decide to have breakfast :) The personal was helpful and every person possesses his own locker- which makes your stay a high security. We enjoyed Amsterdam - thanks to the hostel!

• 10th Mar 2014

GREAT HOSTEL,GREAT LOCATION.STAYED MANY TIMES BEFORE AND WILL NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IN AMSTERDAM.GREAT SERVICE AS ALWAYS.

This hostel is amazing. The location is unbeatable. The staff were helpful. In the rooms, everything was clean and beds were made and towels were replaced daily. Individual lockers in the room were very secure (and free!). The shower was nice, lots of hot water.

• 24th Feb 2014

Holy moly! This was seriously the greatest hostel! The rooms, bathrooms, unique back breaking stairs, the location, pretty much everything, was awesome! This is either my favorite or 2nd favorite hostel I have ever stayed in. I had an absolutely amazing experience! I met great people from all over the globe, which almost always has to do with the hostels' level of awesomeness. I can go on and on about this place, kind of like I am right now haha! OH! And do the free walking tour. Ask about it!

Great hostel!!

STAYED MANY TIMES BEFORE AND WILL NOT BRE SYATYING ANYWHERE.VERY BEST I CAN FIND IN AMSTERDAM.EVERYTHING GREAT SEE U SOON.

Good location easy to get there from airport and train station .showers are clean security is good because this hostel has advanced lockers! I liked breakfast and it was cheap .

During our one night stay, we encountered rodents and experienced a roof leakage that caused considerable flooding in our room. Although the location was great and the facilities were otherwise adequate, we were very frustrated with the quality, and consequently the price (we paid a premium rate for a weekend stay) and the staff's minimal sympathy.

Would have been great if there was a kitchen available to guests but then space is a premium.

We found a MOUSE in our room ! the hostel is located in the red light district, so there is girls behind the windows everywhere around.. it can be a bit disturbing at 11am. but you are well located near lot of bars, coffees and point of interest. the room is very noisy so it's ok if you come back at 4am but before it's hard to sleep. i think there is much more pleasant place to discover in amsterdam !

• 17th Jan 2014

Localization of hostel s perfect quite close to the train station and central places,concept of the rooms which was surrounded by movie posters was amazing i love it,the girl in the reception called Natalie was really helpful to us and answered all our questions we appreciated it.Some of the things i didnt like such as bunkbeds are so close to each other hard to move into the room and lockers are not as big as cabin luggage it was hard to fit and also common area at the entrance need soft music.

Possibility of a mouse in the room found chocolate nibbled open and scarf was chewed through. Did not see the mouse but heard it. Apart from that had q pleasant stay. Beds were clean and comfy

• 10th Jan 2014

I stayed in a shared room, everything was fine except for the bathroom, it was a little bit dirty and seemed like it wasnt cleaned everyday, and the ilumination of the room was very poor, besides that, i had an excellent time at the hostel, everything else was perfect! Thanks!

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Great location spotless room will defo stay again

• 9th Jan 2014