Heart Of Amsterdam Reviews

Oudezijds Achterburgwal 120, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pretty decent hostel right in the middle of Red Square if you're looking to party. No common room to meet anyone staying at the hostel so hopefully your roommates are friendly.

Great location. The rooms were clean and nice looking, people were cool too.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Painting the walls and roof black does not hide dirt, nor does the black tiles. It just makes everything look depressing and dark, especially the bathroom. The room we stayed in, the hobbit room, was spacious but smelt of mould and the bathroom was awful, bad lighting still didn't hide the filth, and the lack of ventilation made the bathroom feel like a sauna. For what we paid per night per person, we expected a lot better. Great location though!

The surrounding of the hostel should have been mentioned more in the description!

The only thing this hostel has is location: middle of the Red Light District. Anyone could walk past the front desk, so it could be more secure. The staff was incompetent, unable to correctly bill me upon arrival, and then had to bill me later. It was very expensive for a not-that-great hostel. There was basically no atmosphere-no one talked to each other or hung out together, making meeting people in the hostel hard. Not super clean or super dirty, but they did provide towels. Spotty wifi.

Cool place, but it was slightly disconcerting having Roger Moore watching me as I slept.

• 2nd Sep 2014

It creeped me out, but the rooms itself were nice and comfortable. the lobby is sketchy and the security is non existent as no one ever asked for anything as I would enter all throughout the day. The stairs and the décor are old and from the 80's but once you enter the rooms which are very secured, you feel at home. I didn't check out the facilities like the smoking areas or anything like that as I just used this place for the bed, shower and location.

• 1st Sep 2014

Central location, with cafes, supermarket and metro nearby, but it's a pretty unpleasant experience as a girl to have to walk back alone through the red light district at night. Rooms are cleaned daily but the place is generally run-down:leaky faucets, squeaky doors don't close properly, bathroom light was broken and not fixed for 3 days, and the WC is tiny... like standing room only! The place could use a kitchen because eating out is expensive.

It's a very darky place all over, they obviously don't want you to loaf around. I arrived in the middle of the week for one night, does that explain why the cleanness of the bathroom was so-so? well, it must said it was a 12-bed room... The staff is OK, just kind enough, just helpful enough. It's alright for a couple of nights though considering the excellent location in the heart of the RLD.

• 20th Aug 2014

Good hotel. Breakfast cost 3 Euro. Hotel is located on the edge of Red Light District. Staff and service was great, and room was clean mainly, except heavy curtains was too dusty.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Russia
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I know I booked into a Hostel in Amsterdam in the heart of the Red Light District but I thought for the amount of money we paid it would have been a lot better. The room was dirty when we arrived and the worst thing about the room was that there was no door on the bathroom!

This hostel realy best located hostel in the amsterdam its just on the redlight street and rooms are clean, beds are comfortable those are the good things for the bad things staffs are kind a cold and stairse and common places are little bit dirty

we stayed 4 days at this nice hostel right in the heard of amsterdam. the staff was quite helpfull about what to do and where to go out at night. the only down part was that since we came in a group of 6 with a van they would charge us quite a lot for parking and wouldnt be helpful with cheaper parking options. we found one anyway so it doesnt really matter. after all with a group of 6 we stayed in the titianic room down the basement but it was just about right for our needs.

• 14th Aug 2014

Dirty showers and toilets. Very noisy, specially if you stay in the first room.

Great location, good atmosphere, clean with friendly staff, would stay again happily.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Dirty. Staff unfriendly but efficient. No common room. Too expensive. Only good thing is the location.

I recently stayed at the Heart of Amsterdam with 3 other girlfriends. This was the last stop on our eurotrip and to be honest, it was not great. Security was the best feature of this place with the safes they offer - but the atmosphere, decor and value for money were all very lackluster and a bit of a disappointment. Tip for girls traveling to Amsterdam: don't stay in the red light district, there are much nicer areas.

Rooms were a bit hot and there was mould forming in some places. Staff was not that welcoming. Great location and good atmosphere. Met a lot of people there. Good breakfast altough not included in the price.

As good as this location was, it was no where near worth the money. Plenty of good city centre hostels can provide beds at half the price. WiFi didn't work in the rooms and the lobby space is very small!

The hostel is in a good spot if you like the constant smell of weed. The staff were pretty good at most times but lacked a bit of enthusiasm so didn't really feel like I could talk to any of them. The bathrooms were a bit of a mess too. Good hostel but not worth what you pay!

• 30th Jul 2014