Heart Of Amsterdam

7.6
Very Good 1924 Total Reviews

18th Apr 2017
6.9

The room was ok, after the first impression that getting there was a labyrinth (that we got used to with time). The bathroom seemed dirty, no floor mat, and the ceiling seemed like it was going to fall apart. Too expensive for this kind of "quality". There was a random door next to my bed that led to this little room full of construction material. Also, there wasn't some sort of a comfortable lounge where people would hang out like in many hostels. I definitely wouldn't stay here again

• baileywickliffe
  • USA, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2017

The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. They saved me really last minute when I missed my flight. Staying in Amsterdam is pretty expensive as it is, but this hostel is located right in the Red light district so I did not have to use any public transportation at all. They were very strict here, like I was not allowed in another room that was not mine even though I had made friends. And my friend who was also in Ams was not allowed to hangout with me while I was getting ready, so VERY secure.

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

The only point for improvement in my opinion would be to put a ladder on the bunk beds as they aren't the easiest to quietly climb onto it you have someone sleeping below. Other than that I can't fault the place. Great location, secure lockers at the end of the bed. Friendly guests and friendly staff. Housekeeping are great too, they provide you with fresh towel every day and clean the bathroom. Would stay here again.

9th Apr 2017
7.4

It's a great location, not rowdy, and it was clean. Honestly, it's a good bed to sleep in but if you like hostels that offer more things (bar, hang out areas, events) then this isn't for you. Amsterdam has so much to offer, I only found myself here to sleep and was totally okay with that. Wifi works very well. The room I stayed in had one shared bathroom for all 8 beds and there was no light in the shower, which I found odd.

3rd Apr 2017
5.7

not that clean, bathrooms smelt like sewers, comfy enough beds and spacious rooms, could do with renovating. got put in a bed next to a door with rat droppings, and a ton of cigarette buts inside, it had old cement falling from the walls and was pretty gross. wouldn't stay again unless not many other options. staff were ok, lack of atmosphere. good location at least.

2nd Apr 2017
8.0

The whole place kinda seemed poorly lit and the rooms were a little tight especially the lockers which we barely could fit our bags in. Good location as far as being central but a little loud since it is in the red light district. Overall a decent stay just be aware the stairs are steep and narrow but I think that is all of Amsterdam.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
28th Mar 2017
7.7

The Hostel Heart of Amsterdam is a really cool hostel. The staff was super friendly and the hostel is really located in the heart of Amsterdam: The Red Light District. The rooms are big and have a own bathroom. It was clean and the atmosphere was really relaxed there. A negative ponit is that the lockers didn't work and that there is no kitchen in the hostel. But for Low-Budget Traveller I can fully recommend that hostel.

27th Mar 2017
7.1

Not very clean, good location, and cool theme

26th Mar 2017
6.9

The location is excellent, but if you are an especial person or you're looking for a good atmosphere and a nice looking hostel, this is definitely not the option. Perfect if you're there just to sleep and leave.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2017
5.1

The location of this hostel was perfect but that was the only positive thing. The place was pretty dirty all over and we had mice in our room at night .....