Heart Of Amsterdam Reviews

Oudezijds Achterburgwal 120, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is everything! The room was fine but the bathroom was very dirty. I would stay here again solely because of its location

nice location and good atmosphere!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Can't beat the location. Right in the red light district. 10 minute walk from Anne Frank house and 30 minute walk from Vondelpark and the museums. Staff is nice enough but not all that helpful. Thought the nightly rate was overpriced for what it was but it seems nearly every hostel in Amsterdam is...

It was great. Next time I'll come visit I'll stay there too

• 9th Mar 2015

Felt like just a very expensive place to rest my head. No atmosphere and staff very unfriendly

One bathroom for 8 people was a little stressful. Minor issue other than that everything was fine.

Would recommend to everyone, stayed in the men in black room and was brilliant apart from having to sit sideways on the toilet (which is pretty abmornal) everything was clean and warming. Staff were very helpful on directing us on where to eat and go.

• 6th Feb 2015

Nine of us went to stay at this hostel and we had a great time, the staff were really kind and accommodating and allowed us to have an extra bed in our eight bed dorm so that we didn't have to split up. The beds were very comfortable and it was nice and warm in our room, the bathroom was really clean and warm. The area is really near the centre without being noisy at night. One of my friends found an abundance of unused cotton buds in her bed which was very strange but the rest was excellent.

Great place to stay when visiting Amsterdam

• 2nd Feb 2015

The location is very good. Like the name of the hotel: right in the heart of Amsterdam. The rooms are spacious but not very clean. The bathroom sould be better cleaned.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

The best thing about this place is the location. The overall stay was nice

Great location, very clean. not a very good atmosphere, rude and unhelpful staff at front desk.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Major attractions within walking distance. Breakfast (3.00 €) very good (could have a fruit). Kleenex in the bathroom. Bedroom doors with movie names. Map and detailed city itself. I liked it!

Great hostel!! It's really smack in the middle of the Red light so that makes it a magnet for groups of stoned guys. The rooms are great I was in an 8 bed room, clean, great beding and the nightlight is a good touch. The Staff is friendly and very helpfull specially Sherief. Excelente hostal, es justo en medio de el distrito rojo lo que hace que a veces hayan grupos de hombres trabados pero no es gran cosa. Los cuartos son excelentes yo me quede en uno de 8 camas, es muy limpio.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Only bad thing I found here was there are no electrical plugs in the bathroom!! If ur worried about noise at night this maybe isn't the spot for u as lots of people walking down street partying but hey that's what we were there 4!!

I was kind of put off at first because the lobby is small, dirty, and looks like its falling apart and while this holds true to most of the establishment, I surprisingly had a nice stay. Bed was comfortable and showers were nice. There are lockers in the room that are available for 5 Euro (BS) but the luggage room is free. Didn't take part in the 3 Euro breakfast. Not the nicest, but for what I paid for and the location, It was ok.

• 7th Jan 2015

Nice location. Very dirt bathroom

Love the location. Many eateries nearby and attractions are within a walkable distance. Privacy boards were nice. There was a complimentary use of the safety deposit boxes that were electronically operated. Free towels given even though my towel was slightly dirty when I received it. Toilets had free soap and shampoo and there was good heating around the room. However, the atmosphere isn't all that good and the rooms are too dark and the female receptionists sounded kinda snarky.

You should have told us if the room were to be cleaned. It is a little bit of privacy invasion

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

It was in a great location, right on the Red Light District. friendly staff, pretty decent rooms, and totally worth the low price :)