Heart Of Amsterdam Reviews

Oudezijds Achterburgwal 120, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Right in the middle of it all, secure, clean, decent value.

At reception the boys are all very gentle, kind and cortese, the girl very less...and i have never see her smile ... :)

Exactly what we needed. Reception was always manned and they were very polite and helpful. Showers were in great condition and cleaned thoroughly. My only gripe was that the hot water in a 6 person dorm would run out after 2-3 people and you had to wait about half an hour to be good again.

• 16th May 2014

Only downside to this place is no kitchen and not really a common area. The rooms are great, it felt like staying in a hotel but with strangers! Love the beds with individual outlets and lights!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, friendly staff and a generally nice place.

• 5th May 2014
  • Estonia

Great bar bones hostel. Wi-Fi was not good from our room. Location was great!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • China
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The girl that greeted me was very rude but the night staff was really helpful. I didn't like this hotel much because of the atmosphere. It was hard to meet people and that sucks when you're travelling alone. The vibe is closer to an hotel but the dorms remind you violently that you're staying in a hostel: too warm, noisy and with an unfixable broken window. Each bed has a practical head with a light, plugs, a cup and a towel which I thought was a nice attention. Noisy but vibrant neighbourhood.

Nice hostel. The safe box next to the bed is perfect. Staff were nice. I arrived in the middle of the night and was ok. Its in the middle of the red light district. If it is a problem for you ... i recommend

Good location, A few blocks from Dam, 10 minute walk to Centraal. Right next to the red light district, coffeeshops and red light windows are right outside the door. Loud at night though - my room was one with the windows next to the sidewalk (it was a party week). Staff was ok. Not really a party hostel. Liked the bed setup, separations and shelves, and reading lights. I wake early and the doors/floors/stairs are all very creeky (Sorry, other hostelers), but I guess all buildings here are old.

• 19th Apr 2014

Very centrally located. Towels were provided and the 8-bed dorm with ensuite toilet were spacious. I liked how they made your bed everyday and provided a fresh towel each day. My only complaint was that it was sometimes difficult to sleep as my 8-bed dorm was located right next to the street so we could hear the noise from the street through the night.

Not a bad word to say against the hostel to be honest, ideal location, staff were friendly, room was fine as was bathroom.. Would definitely stay again!

• 11th Apr 2014

If second-hand marihuana smoke and (window) shopping for prostitutes is your thing, then the location smack in the middle of the red light district is perfect. I'll probably look elsewhere for my next visit.

Fantastic location. Helpful staff especially when I lost our room key on the first night!

• 4th Apr 2014

The best thing about this hostel is the guy that works the night shift. He was really helpful! other than that I would not stay here again. The hostel was dirty and we were put in the basement room which had a door leading to the street. Some guy in our room kept leaving it open and we woke to a random person falling through the door into our room at 2am. We can laugh about it now but its not very pleasant when you wake up to some random standing above you in the middle of the night

Very central location right in the red light district. Really a hotel than a hostel, however this meant the rooms were very clean, bed facilities light and lockers were excellent. Will stay here again for future trips.

Location was great, staff was very friendly and helpful. Really liked having my own personal locker, light, and outlet right next to my bed. Received fresh towels everyday and also had great wifi reception in my room. Would definitely recommend to others.

• 27th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, although more of a hotel. Not somewhere you want to stay if you want to party a lot but very nice rooms, very clean and reading light and plug for every bed :)

• 25th Mar 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel and would recommend it to others. The location was incredible, and the hostel was a great value. My only two complaints are: the WiFi was not very good (very slow and does not work well in the rooms) and the staff was not very knowledgeable on my questions, which were pretty simple and straightforward.

We liked this hostel very much, the red zone was definitely a good place to stay!!!!

It was very nice to have new towels every day. Furthermore you have the possibility there to book a pretty good breakfast for just 3E - even 2 minutes before you decide to have breakfast :) The personal was helpful and every person possesses his own locker- which makes your stay a high security. We enjoyed Amsterdam - thanks to the hostel!

• 10th Mar 2014