Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

You have done a great job with the place. I was comfortable and easy to check in. Your staff was helpful and welcoming. The restaurant/bar was nice (and well priced). I cant talk this place up enough.

Hostel promised to send driver for a fee but did not. Person with my name on the sign said we would have to take public bus with our six large bags and infant (moving from China after ten years). I injured my back carrying all the bags by myself and had to go to the doctor. Terrible customer service and hostel. I miss Sim's.

Thanks for all of you. You mean a lot during my stay at the hostel.

Thanks for yout support! Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

Staff were unhelpful- told us the wrong bus etc multiple times. Also charged commission to book us a bus to xi'an. Hostel kind of scungy and not very close to centre of town.

Hi Cutomer, sorry 4 the mistake we might give u wrong directions MUTIPLE times. Make sure 2 find the right direction offered. Staff working during ur stay were all experienced. Might have made a mistake, multiple times is exaggerated. Believe u AGREED 2 pay 20 more 2 book tickets here. “Commission” charged is Transporation Fee 2 collect ur tickets. Also, when we booked tickets 4 u, we was charged extra too. Thanks 4 pionting out problems, we’ll try our best 2 improve.

It's been two years since i left. well, at the moment, the hostel is still running well. However, it would be even better if the staff can cheer up a bit. Still one of the best hostels in China.~~

Thanks for choosing our hostel again,according to your suggestion,we will be more aware about that next time. Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

The hostel staff are great with their travel desk and they even helped me out after I received some fake yuan. However I found the bathroom configuration frustrating - everything in there got wet if you had a shower.

Thanks for choosing our hostel,we will try to fix the problem of bathroom.Hope you have enjoyed your trip here :)

This is very nice youth hostel .I guess they are the biggest one in cheng du.They have a two-story public area,including table tennis,baby football and billiards.The restaurant offer various food . Compared to the other hostel,the bar have a plenty of cocktails.They offer all service and information you can consider.Staff is cute and nice.A great experience.

Thanks for your support,hope you've had a great time in Chengdu.

One of the best hostels I visited so far. Helpful staff, good location and nice facilities.

What was suppose to be only a 5 day stay for my partner and I turned into two weeks at Hello Chengdu. Exceptional, relaxing stay.

Good facilities (you can easily do your laundry, DVD free rentals, nice garden,...). Helpfull staff. Good stay.

First time I chose youth hostel. It was the right choice to stay in Hello Chengdu Hostel. All the staff are friendly to me. Will come back in the future and choose to stay in the hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Helpful staff, booking train tickets for us. We did the panda trip which was good, just entrance fee and transport but got you there early to see feeding. Twin room was good.

The very positive review is very much due to the efforts of Mr. Evan, the chief for the travelling section. He really takes a personnel interest In each and every one of the guests, and is helpful in all questions and problems raised by the guests at any time and everything to perfection.

Wonderful facility, made even better by the great staff. Hosted a Halloween celebration, that included pumpkin carving and hot pot. A wonderful event. The staff were able to answer all questions and provide information needed. I would recommend this facility to all travelers including families. A warm welcoming place

• 31st Oct 2014

I leave my camera in my room of the hostel but I found it with the help of a staff after 3-days. He was in charge of trips. Thank you for his help. The staff , trips, the booking service n a quiet room are good. The map that is given guests is very helpful .

Lovely place.

Thanks for your online review.Hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!