Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

BIG hostel, but quite empty when we were there. Helpfull staff. Although there are no lockers, the room is opened by an electronic key. I liked that all the beds had their own curtains. Bathroom ensuite which was cleaned daily. Nice garden and terrace seating on the ground floor (but empty with no people). They provide an excellent map to help navigate Chengdu, through this we were able to do almost everything by bus which saved us a lot of money on taxi's!

Great common areas: multiple different areas including a mix of indoor and outdoor, quiet and social. Travel desk staff were very helpful. Nice bunk beds in dorm rooms.

Very nice hostel, really recommended! Rooms with a lot of space, actually the whole place is big. Everything you need, really helpful staff that eill help you with everything from tour booking to transportation. Very cozy atmosphere, they even have a pig that is wandering around. We loved this place!

Wonderful staff, very helpful. Great knowledge of area and able to assist well. Only issue I really had was regard to cleanliness - I watched as one cleaner used a cloth to wipe out ashtrays and then used the same cloth simultaneously to wipe down tables where people eat food. The bar/food area was very limited when we needed something non-alcoholic and food orders were problematic.

• 21st Jul 2015

Excellent directions given from the airport to the hostel. Always a good start for the stay at the hostel. Friendly, helpful staff even the kitchen staff. Just check when booking that you're getting what you pay for.

Very good food and helpful staff.

• 19th Jul 2015

We stayed several nights in the hotel and when we returned after a trip in Sichuan the staff recognised us and made us feel very welcome. Wonderful help with organising tickets. My special love goes to Duobi, the lovable potbellied piglet. The children also had a wonderful time there.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Love the pig! Panda tour - only grumble was the Guide didn't speak any English!

I loved my stay at Hello Chengdu! Here are some highlights: - great location -- within walking distance of a public bus stop, lots of great places to eat, and Wenshu Monastery - pretty much free laundry facilities (if you're willing to wash your clothes by hand that is; otherwise it's 15RMB/load) - very helpful staff -- they'll help you figure out an itinerary, book tickets/tour packages for you, and store your valuables behind the counter for free - a pig named Dobby, 2 dogs, and a cat!

Wonderful place! I extended my stay 3 days and don't regret a one of them! Huge facility with lots of cool nooks and crannies to discover.

Very helpful check-in staff and excellent arrangements for trips - Chengdu Pandas and Magical Face Changing in Sichuan Opera. Also took us to train station which was really helpful

Great atmosphere, great food and great staff! The travel desk is a really useful initiative they took, because they really help you plan some parts of your trip and also answer some tricky questions the Internet fails to answer. They also organize tours at local attractions and speak perfect english! Very cheap considering what they offer!

Great upstairs terrace and bar where you can meet other travellers. Staff speak good English and they are so helpful and friendly!! Best hostel in China for me so far!

The staff are lovely, and the vegetarian menu at the restaurant is so helpful - delicious soups! Also, the upstairs sitting area is calm and beautiful - a great place to drink tea and enjoy life.

• 7th Jun 2015

A nice hostel, good atmosphere and a lot of cute pets. The room is cosy and comfortable. The problem is that the wifi is bad.

it's my second time to stay in this hostel and i really love it! All the staff are friendly and helpful, the garden is really nice and it makes you relax a lot! I suggest you this hostel for your trip in Chengdu!

One of the better hostels we stayed at, nice and friendly staff. The 3 people room was a little smelly unfortunately and the mosquito net door that is there couldn't be used because of a wooden block, don't know if that was on purpose, but would have been nice to leave the door open but with mosquito protection. Apart from that, great, especially the food and sitting on the terrace. Chengdu is quite relaxed indeed.

Beautifully done, lovely dorms, gorgeous garden, cute piglet pet and dogs, helpful friendly people and clean, nice dorms.

• 1st Jun 2015

Friendly and helpful staff.

Thanks for choosing Hello Chengdu Youth Hostel. Hope to see you next time here. All the best!

Public rest room in ground floor is terrible nitemare! I booked pick up service in the airport but nobody there!!! We had to ask help from some staffs of ctrip, thankfully they were there. After many calls finally the driver appeared but in fact he was there to pick up other!!! I booked one doubled room and the wash room also old and dirty. All cover sheet of blanket and pillow are yellow stained. staff just so so, when I asked for travel info, not enthusiastic enough and like we asked 4 favor

Thanks for pointing out our problems. We are try our best to slove them out. We also, we are training our staff and trying to improve our serve as we did. May you a happy life.