8.5
Fabulous 1,625 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,625 Total Reviews
Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Located at No.211, North Section 4, First Ring Road, Chengdu.
China
Chengdu 610081 No.211, North Section 4, First Ring Road
85% 1625
30.6812517 104.0883350
    Rooms available

17th Jun 2016

Although hard to find, this hostel is an excellent place to stay. The hostel itself is pretty big and gives a nice vibe. The game room is a great place to meet others, along with the dozens of other hang out spots on the ground. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, and made my stay that much better. Food is pretty cheap and the beer is a good price. Downsides are that it's hard to find, not in the most happening part of town, and the dvd room was never open during my stay.

• France, Male, 25-30
25th May 2016

a wonderfull hostel ! The offer a lot of services and advices ! It is almost like a "grand hotel" !

24th May 2016
7.1

The place has a lot of potential, however during our stay there it felt like a ghost town. The rooms aren't bad, but the wifi was pretty awful. The front desk staff were very unknowledgable, and even recommended we go to a restaurant that we walked to and found to be totally shut down. They were pushy with their tours and didn't seem to know much about the hostel or surrounding area. Luckily Georgina, the bartender, actually knew a lot about the city and was very helpful!

• England, Couple, 25-30
11th May 2016

Good budget hostel choice, secure left luggage room and helpful staff.

4th May 2016

This place is gorgeous & I really enjoyed hanging out here. It's also extremely public transit accessible which is great to visit all the local sites! I met a lot of cool people here & the staff were great! One of the coolest hostels I ever stayed in! They also give you a super detailed map when you arrive that lists all the tourist attractions in English & Chinese which is super helpful if you need to show it to a cab driver or ask a local for directions to a place! Would def stay again!

• itelford
  • New Zealand, Couple, 41+
27th Apr 2016

Excellent hostel great stay

• France, Female, 31-40
8th Apr 2016
6.9

I made a reservation on line against the price of 30 yuen. I was very surprised when I came at the front desk to be charged 45 yuen. I negotiated the price but that was not possible to be changed despite a gentle claim. I regret that supervisors have not been consulted in that matters.

• Finland, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016
7.1

I stayed here on two occasions during my trip. There's nothing really wrong with the hostel, but the atmosphere is not as good as it used to be (when it was sim's cozy). Staff is bit of a gamble, some are willing to help, others not so much. The dorms are very poorly lit, so you might want to bring your own light. Overall ok place to stay.

2nd Apr 2016

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it was a great first experience! The staff were incredibly nice and are excellent at helping with travel arrangements and daily excursions. The private room we stayed in was clean, and since it was facing the highway the staff offered to move us to a quieter room. We didn't mind the noise so we chose to stay, it just showed how accommodating they were. The courtyard was beautiful and peaceful. Definitely staying here next time we visit Chengdu!

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2016

One of the best hostels we've stayed in since arriving in China. The staff were amazing, so helpful and friendly. Food in the hostel was lovely, lots of choice and reasonably priced. Was pretty quiet but I imagine in high season there wojld be a fantastic atmosphere! Lots of dogs which made it feel very homely for us. Rooms were nice and clean. Cant recommend it enough. Thanks for a lovely stay!