Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Wonderful place! I extended my stay 3 days and don't regret a one of them! Huge facility with lots of cool nooks and crannies to discover.

Very helpful check-in staff and excellent arrangements for trips - Chengdu Pandas and Magical Face Changing in Sichuan Opera. Also took us to train station which was really helpful

Great atmosphere, great food and great staff! The travel desk is a really useful initiative they took, because they really help you plan some parts of your trip and also answer some tricky questions the Internet fails to answer. They also organize tours at local attractions and speak perfect english! Very cheap considering what they offer!

Great upstairs terrace and bar where you can meet other travellers. Staff speak good English and they are so helpful and friendly!! Best hostel in China for me so far!

The staff are lovely, and the vegetarian menu at the restaurant is so helpful - delicious soups! Also, the upstairs sitting area is calm and beautiful - a great place to drink tea and enjoy life.

• 7th Jun 2015

A nice hostel, good atmosphere and a lot of cute pets. The room is cosy and comfortable. The problem is that the wifi is bad.

it's my second time to stay in this hostel and i really love it! All the staff are friendly and helpful, the garden is really nice and it makes you relax a lot! I suggest you this hostel for your trip in Chengdu!

One of the better hostels we stayed at, nice and friendly staff. The 3 people room was a little smelly unfortunately and the mosquito net door that is there couldn't be used because of a wooden block, don't know if that was on purpose, but would have been nice to leave the door open but with mosquito protection. Apart from that, great, especially the food and sitting on the terrace. Chengdu is quite relaxed indeed.

Beautifully done, lovely dorms, gorgeous garden, cute piglet pet and dogs, helpful friendly people and clean, nice dorms.

• 1st Jun 2015

Friendly and helpful staff.

Thanks for choosing Hello Chengdu Youth Hostel. Hope to see you next time here. All the best!

Public rest room in ground floor is terrible nitemare! I booked pick up service in the airport but nobody there!!! We had to ask help from some staffs of ctrip, thankfully they were there. After many calls finally the driver appeared but in fact he was there to pick up other!!! I booked one doubled room and the wash room also old and dirty. All cover sheet of blanket and pillow are yellow stained. staff just so so, when I asked for travel info, not enthusiastic enough and like we asked 4 favor

Thanks for pointing out our problems. We are try our best to slove them out. We also, we are training our staff and trying to improve our serve as we did. May you a happy life.

Friendly staff, location is alright (near the north railway station) and basically you can take the buses to anywhere in Chengdu (some places need to take another bus at particular bus stop).

Great hostel with very friendly staff, nice rooms, a good kitchen and many areas to relax

Thanks for your review Steve! Hope you've had a great time here :)

A little hard, but it was well the effort. The staff was super helpful with navigating the city, and helping us get to Leshan. The food was excellent at their restaurant, and we loved seeing the momma dog and her pups, and the cat with her kittens. We had a lovely stay.

Thanks for choosing our hostel, hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

We had a great stay here in April 2015. The staff were incredibly helpful, the hostel offered a good selection of freshly made, cheap food and drinks and the puppies were an added bonus! The only negative was that the hot water and shower quality was inconsistent.

• 6th Apr 2015

Thanks for choosing our hostel, hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

A wonderful place ! far from the center but well connected in bus. one malus : the new staff lies a lot on what Sim's did, and does not improve the hostel.. ex : the map which is the same since 2010, the display pannels which are not updated...

Thanks for your review, we will update our map as soon as possible! Hope you have had a good stay here.

You have done a great job with the place. I was comfortable and easy to check in. Your staff was helpful and welcoming. The restaurant/bar was nice (and well priced). I cant talk this place up enough.

Thanks for your kind reveiw, it's very important to us, we will do better and better. Hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

Hostel promised to send driver for a fee but did not. Person with my name on the sign said we would have to take public bus with our six large bags and infant (moving from China after ten years). I injured my back carrying all the bags by myself and had to go to the doctor. Terrible customer service and hostel. I miss Sim's.

Thanks for all of you. You mean a lot during my stay at the hostel.

Thanks for yout support! Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

It's been two years since i left. well, at the moment, the hostel is still running well. However, it would be even better if the staff can cheer up a bit. Still one of the best hostels in China.~~

Thanks for choosing our hostel again,according to your suggestion,we will be more aware about that next time. Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!