Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, North Section 4, First Ring Road, Chengdu, China

Very nice hostel! The staff is friendly and help a lot for any questions. The room is spacious, warm and has a lot of places to put your stuffs!

A nice place to stay. Bedrooms a bit cold and poorly lit.

• 12th Dec 2015

We apologize for bring you the bad experience, we will improve our shortcomings. Thank you again for you to choose our hotel.

Staff were incredibly helpful. Facilities had a great ambiance. Loved it.

It is my first time to stay in Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel with full of chinese traditionl characteristics and many entertainment areas like bar and garden.The bed is very comfortable and clean, and the equipment decoration in it is distinctive. huh, the little cat and dogs here are sooo cute.Best of all, I can get all the detail travel information from those patient and considerate staffs about Sichuan here,that's helpful and great for me!! ^ ^ so, I reserved one more night.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • China

Enjoyed my time here. Staff were friendly and very helpful with helping organise tours and tickets. Appreciated being able to leave my luggage while I went to Mt Emei, then use the showers, etc. before catching an overnight train when I came back to Chengdu. Dorm was a bit old and run down but good value for what you pay. Restaurant does a good breakfast.

As a returning visitor, I must say that the hostel was very clean during this visit, and the pets were adorable and fun to play with. There is a fair selection of movies that can be watched in the AV Room. Unfortunately, many of the films tend to skip a lot toward the end because the discs are scratched. Having said that, it would be a good idea for the hostel to invest in a disc buffering kit so that the surface of the discs can be repaired. I recommend that visitors try the restaurant's tea!

Many backpackers meet here. Rooms are ok, hot pot nights and music in the bar is a great idea. Internet is very slow and breaks. If you like to make future bookings or just research it won't be your best place to do so.

Helpful staff god atmosphere. my bed was dirty when they let me check into the room.

Sorry for the poor arrangement. I believe when you come here next time, you will find out that we are improved and you will enjoy your stay.

Great hostel . Were 1st booked in a large double , but it faced the street and was very dark . Staff accommodated our request to move and smaller double still had plenty of room , was bright and faced the courtyard . All friendly, helpful . Facilities amazing - washing machines, great drying area , terraces and gardens on multiple levels lots of space . Felt their panda tour was good value .

Hello Chengdu has a nice atmosphere, but there is a tolerance for poor manners that ruins things. People smoke everywhere and it gets into the main lobby. It's not permitted in the lounge above the restaurant, yet people did it anyway. Worse yet is that a group of young children often visited the AV room at night, and one of them literally dedicated on the couch and it was left like that for days. The internet is so bad it's almost not worth bothering with, but at least you can get decent sleep.

Several receptions working at the front desk and taking shifts, and a tour desk. A lot of common areas, lounges, gardens, bar/restaurant, balconies. The best is rooms have ensuite bathrooms as well as community unites. Each floor had free drinking water. In general it's professionally run, but strange for charging a washing key deposit on top of washing cost, end up forgot and returned the key afterwards didn't return deposit. Go get a meter box or something seriously no hostel ever does this.

• 7th Oct 2015
  • China

Nice atmosphere! Easy to meet western guests to chat with, but many guests like to smoke (esp. locals), so smoke-free spots are hard to come by, & don't stay that way for long. The animals are friendly & playful. Great staff. Rooms are dark, which is good for sleeping, but bad for losing things. (I lost my earbuds.) Room lockers are small & weak. Comfy beds. Wifi is VERY bad, even in the lobby. There are many hotspots, but all have such high packet loss they're unreliable. Carrefour is close by.

I always stay at Hello Chengdu when in Chengdu because the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the facilities are as good as anywhere else that I have stayed in China and considerably better than many other places in the world where I have stayed. I will keep coming back to Hello Chengdu.

• 29th Sep 2015

Excellent atmosphere at this cosy hostel! Staff and guests were sociable and friendly. Despite staying during the Chinese holiday - the cost was probably the cheapest I've encountered since moving to China! I stayed in an 8 bed mix dorm - but I still felt that I had privacy because the hostel had installed curtains to each bed. Only minor complaint - there were no lockers in my bedroom ! The staff offered to keep things in a locker behind the reception though :)

• 26th Sep 2015

nice hostel. big capacity - 200 beds. maybe less friendly when the hostel is full. staff can provide a lot of information about chengdu and around. Staff is more efficient than friendly. It s linked to the fact that it's an important hostel.

Really nice and clean place. The food inside is cheap and excelent. Good and huge space to enjoy the hostel! I recommend.

Really great! I recommend. The price is good and worth. Great and inexpensive food in the hostel!

The room we received had musty smell like it was not been used in days. The shower was not really confortable and clean. A lot of noice from the bar.

Great hostel! Really enjoyed my time there! Bar area was great! Highly recommend

My tour guide to see the Panda was great and the map with intructions for taxi driver was perfect

• 31st Aug 2015