Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, North Section 4, First Ring Road, Chengdu, China

Great hostel! Really enjoyed my time there! Bar area was great! Highly recommend

My tour guide to see the Panda was great and the map with intructions for taxi driver was perfect

• 31st Aug 2015

The hostel is clean, staff very friendly but the whole place is quite run down and would need some serious repairs. It will not get better if they don't do something. You can tell it used to be much more looked after.

• 28th Aug 2015

BIG hostel, but quite empty when we were there. Helpfull staff. Although there are no lockers, the room is opened by an electronic key. I liked that all the beds had their own curtains. Bathroom ensuite which was cleaned daily. Nice garden and terrace seating on the ground floor (but empty with no people). They provide an excellent map to help navigate Chengdu, through this we were able to do almost everything by bus which saved us a lot of money on taxi's!

Booked a private room that was clean and quite. Very helpful and friendly staff. Only downside is that the hostel is a little far from the metro station and it's a longish bus ride to other interesting parts of the city.

I stayed here for over two weeks and loved it. I especially loved the various terraces and pavilions surrounded by greenery, which give the hostel a surprisingly rural feel in an urban location. The staff is wonderful, the hostel is generally child-friendly. My only complaint was the animals; I do like animals, but the cats were covered in fleas and tended to beg for food at the restaurant, and the pig bit two of us when we refused to give it our breakfast!

Great common areas: multiple different areas including a mix of indoor and outdoor, quiet and social. Travel desk staff were very helpful. Nice bunk beds in dorm rooms.

1 2 Next » last »