Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

A wonderful place ! far from the center but well connected in bus. one malus : the new staff lies a lot on what Sim's did, and does not improve the hostel.. ex : the map which is the same since 2010, the display pannels which are not updated...

Thanks for your review, we will update our map as soon as possible! Hope you have had a good stay here.

You have done a great job with the place. I was comfortable and easy to check in. Your staff was helpful and welcoming. The restaurant/bar was nice (and well priced). I cant talk this place up enough.

Thanks for your kind reveiw, it's very important to us, we will do better and better. Hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

Hostel promised to send driver for a fee but did not. Person with my name on the sign said we would have to take public bus with our six large bags and infant (moving from China after ten years). I injured my back carrying all the bags by myself and had to go to the doctor. Terrible customer service and hostel. I miss Sim's.

Thanks for all of you. You mean a lot during my stay at the hostel.

Thanks for yout support! Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

It's been two years since i left. well, at the moment, the hostel is still running well. However, it would be even better if the staff can cheer up a bit. Still one of the best hostels in China.~~

Thanks for choosing our hostel again,according to your suggestion,we will be more aware about that next time. Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

The hostel staff are great with their travel desk and they even helped me out after I received some fake yuan. However I found the bathroom configuration frustrating - everything in there got wet if you had a shower.

Thanks for choosing our hostel,we will try to fix the problem of bathroom.Hope you have enjoyed your trip here :)

This is very nice youth hostel .I guess they are the biggest one in cheng du.They have a two-story public area,including table tennis,baby football and billiards.The restaurant offer various food . Compared to the other hostel,the bar have a plenty of cocktails.They offer all service and information you can consider.Staff is cute and nice.A great experience.

Thanks for your support,hope you've had a great time in Chengdu.

One of the best hostels I visited so far. Helpful staff, good location and nice facilities.

What was suppose to be only a 5 day stay for my partner and I turned into two weeks at Hello Chengdu. Exceptional, relaxing stay.

The best thing about this hostel is definitely the staff, everyone was very helpful, gave us great tips about the city and helped us with some travel issues. The atmosphere is quite cosy, a lot of space to chill out after a day in or around the city. The room was clean however it was getting a bit old.

Good facilities (you can easily do your laundry, DVD free rentals, nice garden,...). Helpfull staff. Good stay.

First time I chose youth hostel. It was the right choice to stay in Hello Chengdu Hostel. All the staff are friendly to me. Will come back in the future and choose to stay in the hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Helpful staff, booking train tickets for us. We did the panda trip which was good, just entrance fee and transport but got you there early to see feeding. Twin room was good.

The very positive review is very much due to the efforts of Mr. Evan, the chief for the travelling section. He really takes a personnel interest In each and every one of the guests, and is helpful in all questions and problems raised by the guests at any time and everything to perfection.

Wonderful facility, made even better by the great staff. Hosted a Halloween celebration, that included pumpkin carving and hot pot. A wonderful event. The staff were able to answer all questions and provide information needed. I would recommend this facility to all travelers including families. A warm welcoming place

• 31st Oct 2014

I leave my camera in my room of the hostel but I found it with the help of a staff after 3-days. He was in charge of trips. Thank you for his help. The staff , trips, the booking service n a quiet room are good. The map that is given guests is very helpful .

Lovely place.

Thanks for your online review.Hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

An oasis of peace & calm in a huge bustling city. The staff went out of their way to help in any way. Ye, the Hostel is obviously old but they've made the best of it.

Thanks for you review and hope you will come to our hostel again. May you ad your wife a happy life.

The staff were very helpful, in terms of giving advice and booking trips and they all spoke English. The room was very comfortable and clean. The food was excellent, they have a menu which includes Chinese, Japanese and Western food. There is a lovely outdoor seating area with a very relaxed atmosphere. It's definitely the best and nicest hostel I've ever stayed in!

We enjoyed our stay very much... The rooms were adequate for the price... Thanks

• 22nd Sep 2014

Thanks for your online comment! We will do it better! Hope you have enjoyed your trip in Chengdu. Best wishes :)