Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Outstanding customer service, and staff. Good restaurant food and good choice at reasonable prices. Tour arrangement was excellent. Room sizes and facilities were good, but the building is a little rustic. Would be my first choice to stay here again if I come back to Chengdu

Thank you so much for your wonderful reviews, it's great that you had a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you next time. Wish you a wonderful journey in China!

We loved this hostel. It really ticked all the boxes. The big plus is the curtains on the dorm bed which give added privacy. If there was any negative it would have to be that i found it to be quite dusty in the dorms rooms. I definatly recommend this place. Try their burgers, there a great change from the Asian cusine and really good.

Everything was ok maybe need an extra blanquet when it start to be cold, but i did not ask one .Good informations for free Nice staff good place

• 12th Oct 2013

Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for this inconvenience as we should have considered of it. But next time please do not hesitate to ask us an extra one!^^ We hope u have a wonderful trip in China and you are always welcome to come back! ^^ Hello Chengdu all.

Great restaurant and bar but food was a bit pricy. The garden area was a nice escape from the city and movie room was a good place to have a low key night. Beds all had own curtain and small cubby. Would stay here again.

Dear guest, Thanks for your feedback. Hope you have a wonderful trip in China and see you in the future!^^

Hello Chengdu was my favorite hotel in all of China. They excelled in: atmosphere, staff and value. There is a bar, games room, common area for eating and chatting. It is really easy to meet travellers for tips and friendship. There is a desk for hotel services and there is a desk for tourist advice and tours. There was usually 2 people at each desk. Unless you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this should be a great place.

Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a good time in our hostel.^^ We hope u have a wonderful trip and you are always welcome to come back! ^^ Hello Chengdu all.

We had a double room and had to ask them to clean it because they didn't do it on a daily basis and even then they didn't clean very well. Though the room was very clean when we got it. Overall very nice place, the staff is very helpful specially in the travel desk. They have a nice bar with good food at reasonable prices. One of the nicest hostels I stayed.

-some staff (not all) don't seem to enjoy working there -if people ask a question to staff, don't tell them to read a sign, answer the question -internet almost doesn't work -traffic hostel does all these things better -inconsistent service

• 1st Oct 2013

Dear Josh, It's unfortunate that your experience with us was unpleasant and we offer our apoligies to you. It is certain that some of staffs need to make improvements. About our internet, we will make a big update after this holiday. Thanks for your feedback. We hope you have a wonderful trip! Best regards,Sherry

Not a bad hostel, locations not very good. Things are broken everywhere. E.g. no curtain in the toilet, everyone opposite saw my donglings.. Food served is extremely bland. The worst thing is singing in to the place, too many pointless questions wasting time and making people wait.

We enjoyed our stay - good facilities and large common room with computers. Food from bar was good as was hostel panda tour. Bar staff were not that friendly - the staff on reception/people bringing the food were friendlier. Quite open hostel which meant mosquitoes were a pest. DVD player in room was a nice touch. Directions from railway station were a bit confusing and made it more difficult to find the hostel than it should have been. Bathrooms/showers were a bit tired looking but clean.

The hostel was great and the staff very helpful and friendly. The commons area with the bar stile tables make it a bit hard for interaction with other travellers, though.

Great place! Awesome place to meet people, relax and plan trip to many places in the area. I was there with my girlfriend and we've had a really good time.

Had a great time. Well organized, Good staff.

A place with a lot of energy. The building is cool between chinese and modern. Staff is really helpfull. I really enjoy to stay there.

Very nice hostel. Nice staff. The room was fine, but before the third night there we found a cockroach in the room. Since the staff was unable to remove it, we were given another room with private bathroom. There was a tourist desk by the lobby where you can get all the info you need on any place you want to visit. They are very helpful. There are many common rooms where you can meet fellow travellers and have fun.

Very good place with a lot of services

Great base to explore from- staff are super helpful! They helped us arrange an overnight trip to see the pandas at bifengxia and to get to leshan and emei Shan. Although the hostel is a little way from downtown, there is a bus straight to people's park, and the main bus station is a 20yuan taxi ride away. Great atmosphere, with decent food and free DVD hire. Highly recommended!!

There's not enough room here to fit all of the good things I have to say about this hostel. The staff was incredible and very personable. The room was clean and I appreciated the drapes around beds. The dorms are super affordable. The common areas are perfect and actually allowed me to chill out and meet people. This is the best hostel I've visited and it allowed me to really relax in Chengdu, unlike other places. I skipped doing a tour like Leshan, just to stay an extra day and drink tea.

hey, everything worked very well, on my jangtsetrip which you organised. i had always so to say "fully control", i was very glad all the time with your organisation - i can really recommend your tour-service: it was exellent !!!!!!!!! and your friendlyness while staying in your hostel is realy GREAT !!!

• 4th Sep 2013

We have problem to find this hostel, because I have name Sim's Cozy , and the same on the booking

No Internet in the room