Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Not a bad hostel, locations not very good. Things are broken everywhere. E.g. no curtain in the toilet, everyone opposite saw my donglings.. Food served is extremely bland. The worst thing is singing in to the place, too many pointless questions wasting time and making people wait.

We enjoyed our stay - good facilities and large common room with computers. Food from bar was good as was hostel panda tour. Bar staff were not that friendly - the staff on reception/people bringing the food were friendlier. Quite open hostel which meant mosquitoes were a pest. DVD player in room was a nice touch. Directions from railway station were a bit confusing and made it more difficult to find the hostel than it should have been. Bathrooms/showers were a bit tired looking but clean.

The hostel was great and the staff very helpful and friendly. The commons area with the bar stile tables make it a bit hard for interaction with other travellers, though.

Great place! Awesome place to meet people, relax and plan trip to many places in the area. I was there with my girlfriend and we've had a really good time.

Had a great time. Well organized, Good staff.

A place with a lot of energy. The building is cool between chinese and modern. Staff is really helpfull. I really enjoy to stay there.

Very nice hostel. Nice staff. The room was fine, but before the third night there we found a cockroach in the room. Since the staff was unable to remove it, we were given another room with private bathroom. There was a tourist desk by the lobby where you can get all the info you need on any place you want to visit. They are very helpful. There are many common rooms where you can meet fellow travellers and have fun.

Very good place with a lot of services

Great base to explore from- staff are super helpful! They helped us arrange an overnight trip to see the pandas at bifengxia and to get to leshan and emei Shan. Although the hostel is a little way from downtown, there is a bus straight to people's park, and the main bus station is a 20yuan taxi ride away. Great atmosphere, with decent food and free DVD hire. Highly recommended!!

There's not enough room here to fit all of the good things I have to say about this hostel. The staff was incredible and very personable. The room was clean and I appreciated the drapes around beds. The dorms are super affordable. The common areas are perfect and actually allowed me to chill out and meet people. This is the best hostel I've visited and it allowed me to really relax in Chengdu, unlike other places. I skipped doing a tour like Leshan, just to stay an extra day and drink tea.

hey, everything worked very well, on my jangtsetrip which you organised. i had always so to say "fully control", i was very glad all the time with your organisation - i can really recommend your tour-service: it was exellent !!!!!!!!! and your friendlyness while staying in your hostel is realy GREAT !!!

• 4th Sep 2013

We have problem to find this hostel, because I have name Sim's Cozy , and the same on the booking

No Internet in the room

Fantastic hostel, great place for meeting travellers. I booked the Tibet tour with them and couldn't recommend it enough, it was the cheapest I found in Chengdu. Plus I changed my mind quite frequently (changed flights to train etc) and they were very patient and accommodating. Sherry and Evan on travel desk are the ones to talk to.

Thanks your reviews. I believe you are fine now. Hope you'll come back Chengdu again and wish everything goes well.

Best hostel in China. They have a little travel agency who helps you a lot, they organize a lot of cheap tours. The staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are clean, and the share-spaces are good.

This was by far the best hostel I stayed in the whole of China. I stayed in a dorm room, which has curtains to pull round your bunk to give you more privacy (never stayed in a hostel which had this - why has no-one thought of this before!?) Also a fairly big locker to store your valuables in and a bar/cafe which sells varied and GOOD food! The staff are excellent - especially Damon on the free bike tour! He is great. Stay here if you're in Chengdu! Tours provided well very well organised.

Nice hostel in China! Lot of facilities! Would be great if you can do something to improve internet wifi networks, specially in the rooms. The staff is really helpful and friendly. The garden and the bar are very nice!

the service is perfect ,but it s not convenience except the station,if take a cub around the city ,not expensive too

Great Staff ALWAYS willing to go the extra mile to help you with any situation you may have and to lend assistance when needed....even when it will not be generating any revenue for the Hostel.

Becoming a little tired , needs a facelift in some areas , however the staff clearly make up any shortfall in these areas .Should not have changed the downstairs bar layout , has certainly lost its vibe and coziness. They are and always have been excellent. A special mention to the travel desk staff and especially Evan who is someone you should not lose . He goes beyond what is required The staff are the only true asset that any business has