Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

No Internet in the room

Fantastic hostel, great place for meeting travellers. I booked the Tibet tour with them and couldn't recommend it enough, it was the cheapest I found in Chengdu. Plus I changed my mind quite frequently (changed flights to train etc) and they were very patient and accommodating. Sherry and Evan on travel desk are the ones to talk to.

Thanks your reviews. I believe you are fine now. Hope you'll come back Chengdu again and wish everything goes well.

Best hostel in China. They have a little travel agency who helps you a lot, they organize a lot of cheap tours. The staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are clean, and the share-spaces are good.

This was by far the best hostel I stayed in the whole of China. I stayed in a dorm room, which has curtains to pull round your bunk to give you more privacy (never stayed in a hostel which had this - why has no-one thought of this before!?) Also a fairly big locker to store your valuables in and a bar/cafe which sells varied and GOOD food! The staff are excellent - especially Damon on the free bike tour! He is great. Stay here if you're in Chengdu! Tours provided well very well organised.

Nice hostel in China! Lot of facilities! Would be great if you can do something to improve internet wifi networks, specially in the rooms. The staff is really helpful and friendly. The garden and the bar are very nice!

the service is perfect ,but it s not convenience except the station,if take a cub around the city ,not expensive too

Great Staff ALWAYS willing to go the extra mile to help you with any situation you may have and to lend assistance when needed....even when it will not be generating any revenue for the Hostel.

Becoming a little tired , needs a facelift in some areas , however the staff clearly make up any shortfall in these areas .Should not have changed the downstairs bar layout , has certainly lost its vibe and coziness. They are and always have been excellent. A special mention to the travel desk staff and especially Evan who is someone you should not lose . He goes beyond what is required The staff are the only true asset that any business has

great staff!happy all the time and allways willing to help,great food,great tours and wifi in every floor!

China is very daunting for many foreigners, mostly due to language. If your staff facilitate our needs then your business will thrive. Some volunteers forget the needs of the customers. Overall you staff are excellent.

• 5th Aug 2013

Nice hostel, big rooms with big beds. They can organise a lot of trips from there.. Really helpfull staf!

I stayed in a single room. I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. They staff was very helpful in booking tours around chengdu and also were very friendly. The restaurant in the hostel served pretty descent food. The single room I stayed in was simple and clean. The location is little off from the city center, but there is numerous of transportation methods that were close by that would get you to anywhere you needed to go. Overall I would stay again if I came back to chengdu.

• 24th Jul 2013

It was obvious from our stay there why the hostel was a topchoice in lonely planet! Great helpful staff who gave really good suggestions and directions and who organized activities daily like mahjong and BBQs! Everything a hostel should be and good value for money too

The idea behind the hostel is great, with all the gardens and the massive wooden bunkbeds. But as a result you have so many places to relax, that you don't really meet new people. And the bar is uncozy and dark.

• 17th Jul 2013

Although all our spectacular plans for Chengdu had to be canceled because of the bad weather, the accomodation and staff did everything to make our stay at Chengdu a good one. They picked us up from the train station at five in the night and we could immediately go into our room to sleep, the food was great, tours were good, and the nice staff did a brilliant job in helping us planning the rest of our China trip.

Stayed here for 3 nights in the middle of July in a twin private room ensuite on the second floor. Room was small but cozy with a high wooden platform with two thin matrasses. T.v. has just a few channels but you can borrow lots of movies at the reception. The hostel is very roomy with a nice terrace and bar. The food was good. The elevator was handy too because my friend was injured and had to walk with crutches. The lovely Luo behind the bar was real friendly and cute!! Definitely a keeper! :)

Best hostel we stayed in China!

Very helpfull desk .

It is a very friendly, warm atmosphere that is good for backpackers, families, and others who want to interact with locals and get the best advice on tours.

• 1st Jul 2013

The best hostel I've ever seen. The staff is really nice and helpfull. A lot of activities are proposed, we can't get bored in your hostel, we even can spend all the day there. The atmosphere is calm, zen, and fun. Thank you for this time spent in your cozy garden.