Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Really nice staff very helpful easy to talk to good location easy to get every where though careful on the buses

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • itchi

Best place to stay in Chengdu! Just great!

Hi, Thank you so much for your reviews. We hope you have a wonderful journey in China. All the best !

Sims is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. I have traveled all over China.

Hi. Thank you so much for your reviews. It's great for us to know that you had a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you next time. Wish you a wonderful journey in China!

It has all you can need in a hostel and more. It is the most comfortable and equiped I've ever been to. The only downside is the location (it is not the best but it is well communicated and is easy to find). On the other hand the staff speaks perfect english and is he kindest ever, if you have any problem they'll help you solve it.

Excellent stay! I've been in many Hostels all over the world and this is by far the best hostel I stayed in! would recommend it to anyone anytime of the year! I stayed over spring festival when most hostels in china will be skimping on staff and activities, but sim's wasn't like this at all! great and friendly staff, an amazing atmosphere, and plenty of activities.

Hi Andrew, Thank you so much for your reviews. We are glad that you had a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you next time. Wish you a woderful journey in China!

we really enjoyed staying at this hostel. it has such a cute little garden area, the bar and restuarant was under construction at the time but looked really cute from what we saw of it. nice relaxing atmosphere. The staff were all really friendly and really helpful and made our stay pleasant and easy :) thanks guys

Staff was very helpful with directions to/from various sites. The one employee went beyond helpful by mailing an item I left on the registration table so he deserves a special kudos! Thank you! I hope to visit again after the remodeling is finished and the weather is warmer!

• 29th Jan 2013

The staff was very knowleable and helpful. I felt very safe at this location. The food tasted good . Overall a great experience.

• 25th Jan 2013

The hostel was good and full of character, and the staff were helpful. However, when I was there, the bar area was undergoing major renovations and was rather cold and unwelcoming. The outside areas of the hostel would be very good when it is full of people and when the weather is good, but in January these were dark, deserted and cold, and not pleasant.

Always a pleasure. Staff are friendly, beds are comfortable, great bar with good choice of food and drink, easy access to various forms of transport to the centre of town. I always stay here when I'm in Chengdu.

Sim's is the best hostel we have stayed in! The staff are very helpful and friendly, they did so much to help us. They were refurbishing the restaurant and bar when we stayed but this did not really affect our stay. The food is great and they have a great DVD collection! The location is not central but is great for getting to the north train station and also easy on the bus to the main bus station. And the bus links are good.

Terrific hostel. Every part of our stay at the hostel went smooth. Personel at the hostel spoke some of the best english we have encountered during our trip through China. One minus though, even tho there was non-smoking areas, both personnel and gusts occasionally smoked at in the bar.

• 17th Jan 2013
  • Sweden

Most of staffs can speak English,it's special in China.Their hospitality is very warm. Facilities are PERFECT.Bar,bicycle,free Wi-Fi,DVD,books,laundry,and so on.Nothing is nothing. Location is still good. Sim's Cozy is a basement for every traveler of west China.

This is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at over two years of two continents and multiple countries! The most friendly, hard working and enjoyable staff. The atmosphere is contagious, we met people from all over who were just as happy as we were. Food excellent! Best burgers in China, hands down.

Great place! Staff are extremely nice with great English. They were never bothered by our questions and were always helpful. The free map they give you is awesome. The tours were reasonably priced. Great environment. Nothing bad to say about Sims.

The hostel has an awesome vibe and the staff are awesome! Incredibly helpful and so friendly! I had a great Christmas away fom home becauses of the hostel.

Sim's Cozy had the best atmosphere of any place I've stayed at. The staff was warm, helpful, and chock full of English speakers. The hostel bar/restaurant seems to be a hub for expats in the area, so you can find not only good food but also good company. You will feel completely at home, surrounded by: a garden, a selection of books and movies, internet, and did I mention they have puppies and bunnies? Yes. Cute animals, too. However, the best aspect of the Sim's remains the wonderful staff.

I stay at this hostel regularly and love it. The staff are really friendly, as are all of the guests. The rooms are comfortable and the food and drinks are reasonably priced

Great location with bus stops right outside to take you to main bus station or other areas. Facilities were good and we stayed in both a dorm and private room. Both were extremely clean. The curtains across the dorm beds are a nice touch. Food and drink in cafe/restaurant were good value. Staff were really helpful and when I left my sunglasses in the dorm room they found them and returned them to me so very trustworthy too. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Hi, Thank you so much for your nice reviews. We hope to see you next time. Wish you a wonderful journey in China!

Really nice hostel. Close to the bus station and the metro. Nice bar with good variety of drinks and food (both western and Chinese). Helpful staff and comfortable beds. I'll be back.