Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

The rooms are really small and the places to chill are too spread out. The food is not that good and really overpriced. It is clean, but I think I expected more, it is ok.

Dear guest, Thank for your feedback. The experience of our guests is extremely important and we offer our apologies that you were unsatisfied. About the food, we know that the prices were higher than one would expect but this was because the prices in the market where we buy our produce had also raised their prices. We have now started buying from a different wholesaler and have lowered our prices accordingly. I hope you come back to check out our new, cheaper menu. Thanks again!

Fantastic hostel! Especially for animal/lovers, since it was the home of a dog and 2 very cute kittens! And also turtles and fish. Staff spoke very well english - we went for the pandatour which was excellent, and the guide from the hostel spoke english very well! At the tours are not expensive at all. Food was good, rooms was good (liked the fact that you had curtains surrounding your bed so you had a bit of privacy). I recommend this hostel!

Thanks for an excellent time and the very helpful stuff. Special thanks to Cherry and the two boys with glasses at the Front Office :-) Just a little remark: the food was great but slighty over-priced for a hostel; hence we caught food more often outside.

The greatest hostel ever... No seriously, the staff was amazing and the atmosphere was just sublime. There was not really that much to see in the city, but the hostel just sucked us in, and made it one of the best stops of our trip in China. All in all, I can recommend Sims Cozy Garden Hostel to everybody, and if I ever visit China again (which I intend to do) Sims Cozy Garden diffinite stop on our trip :D

• 26th May 2013
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel is one of a kind in China. Fantastic place to meet up with other travellers, amazing bar with a great outside area. Lovely, friendly staff with brilliant English who are at hand to help book trains and buses, there's brilliant info-folders at hand that inspire trips elsewhere, we ended up diverting our trip to Inner Mongolia thanks to all the info that was provided! Amazing food, so yummy and a great selection of DVDs to chose from! And the cute little kittens, best hostel ever!

Good hostel but not a good location compared to others. The rooms are great and the staff is helpful, but they charge way too much for everything extra.

Great atmosphere and good food. The dorms are cozy and clean. We could really recomend it!

There's nothing like Sim's Cozy. There's a reason why it's rated one of China's top hostels!

I am going back that's for certain !! Thank you for our good stay at the hostel. The good restaurant and the bbq Mariane and Lieve

It was my second time i stayed there and i liked it a lot. Staff was very helpful, my room was clean and all facilities worked well which can be a rare thing in China. I would definitely stay at Sims again next time.

The only thing that is annoying about this hostel is that there is really nothing to complain....

Great place and great staff. Easy to meet other people if you are a solo traveller. They can book all the typical tours for you at reasonable prices, which makes everything easy. Do the Panda's, Sichuan Opera and Leshan Buddha. Also their food is good and a good price. I stayed in the single, ensuite, which was small, clean with tv and did the job. Good backpacker style quality.

• 4th May 2013

it was such a relaxing atmosphere, really nice-friendly staff, it makes uf feel almost like home :) many thanks and hope to come soon

I had a great stay at Sim's. I thought my room was very comfortable and clean, though I did notice that one of the shelves was broken. The staff was great, and the other guests were interesting and I enjoyed chatting with them during the trip to the panda breeding ground. I only had breakfast at Sim's (and a dinner I cooked during a Sichuan cooking lesson), and it seemed basic but decent Western-style food. It's not in the center of the city, but I liked the more "ordinary" location.

Excellent facilities and helpful friendly staff made our stay exceptionally pleasant.

The place especially the garden is quite nice, though some rooms are run down. Food and drink services are also good, friendly staff including the driver are always ready to help. But we do need to complain, we informed the hostel that we have one guest with mobility difficulties, climbing stairs is out of question for him. The hostel replied very positively that they have elevator as it showed on their homepage, however it turned out that their elevator never worked.. What a Shame!!!

• 27th Apr 2013
  • Finland

Dear guests, Thank you for your feedback. And about the elevator,we offer our apoligies,they are due to the control panel is broken and it has to be posted from Shanghai.Thank you again,we hope to see you in the future! Kind regards. Sim's cozy~~

This place has everything you need for a great stay! All the staff (reception, bar, gatekeeper, cleaners, tour guides) were always friendly and happy to help! They offer fantastic tours and the food is delicious too! My only suggestion is to use the free map as a rough guide only, especially if you're walking around town; and the DIY laundry option's a bit expensive, especially for those tiny washing machines! But overall FANTASTIC hostel! (Say hello to 'Chocolate' the dog for me!)

Thanks to all of the staff for an amazing time at Sims! This was our second time to your hostel and again we throughly enjoyed relaxing and taking time away from our busy work and travel schedule to enjoy the oasis you have created in the middle of a very busy city. A sanctuary away from the craziness of China! We will be back for a 3rd time, in the hopefully not too distant future! Thanks a million! :)

• 23rd Apr 2013

This is a great place. Tracy has been fantastic, efficient, and tremendously. A great introduction to China. Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for your wonderful reviews. We are glad you had a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you next time! Wish you a wonderful journey in China!

As a lod backpacker, I stayed here to recall my young memories. Staff are excllent. One of Chinese staffs is a fluent Japanese speaker and I could get all information I wanted. She is very considerate to check the travelling info.

• 10th Apr 2013