Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Great atmosphere and good food. The dorms are cozy and clean. We could really recomend it!

There's nothing like Sim's Cozy. There's a reason why it's rated one of China's top hostels!

I am going back that's for certain !! Thank you for our good stay at the hostel. The good restaurant and the bbq Mariane and Lieve

It was my second time i stayed there and i liked it a lot. Staff was very helpful, my room was clean and all facilities worked well which can be a rare thing in China. I would definitely stay at Sims again next time.

The only thing that is annoying about this hostel is that there is really nothing to complain....

Great place and great staff. Easy to meet other people if you are a solo traveller. They can book all the typical tours for you at reasonable prices, which makes everything easy. Do the Panda's, Sichuan Opera and Leshan Buddha. Also their food is good and a good price. I stayed in the single, ensuite, which was small, clean with tv and did the job. Good backpacker style quality.

• 4th May 2013

it was such a relaxing atmosphere, really nice-friendly staff, it makes uf feel almost like home :) many thanks and hope to come soon

I had a great stay at Sim's. I thought my room was very comfortable and clean, though I did notice that one of the shelves was broken. The staff was great, and the other guests were interesting and I enjoyed chatting with them during the trip to the panda breeding ground. I only had breakfast at Sim's (and a dinner I cooked during a Sichuan cooking lesson), and it seemed basic but decent Western-style food. It's not in the center of the city, but I liked the more "ordinary" location.

Excellent facilities and helpful friendly staff made our stay exceptionally pleasant.

The place especially the garden is quite nice, though some rooms are run down. Food and drink services are also good, friendly staff including the driver are always ready to help. But we do need to complain, we informed the hostel that we have one guest with mobility difficulties, climbing stairs is out of question for him. The hostel replied very positively that they have elevator as it showed on their homepage, however it turned out that their elevator never worked.. What a Shame!!!

• 27th Apr 2013
  • Finland

Dear guests, Thank you for your feedback. And about the elevator,we offer our apoligies,they are due to the control panel is broken and it has to be posted from Shanghai.Thank you again,we hope to see you in the future! Kind regards. Sim's cozy~~

This place has everything you need for a great stay! All the staff (reception, bar, gatekeeper, cleaners, tour guides) were always friendly and happy to help! They offer fantastic tours and the food is delicious too! My only suggestion is to use the free map as a rough guide only, especially if you're walking around town; and the DIY laundry option's a bit expensive, especially for those tiny washing machines! But overall FANTASTIC hostel! (Say hello to 'Chocolate' the dog for me!)

Thanks to all of the staff for an amazing time at Sims! This was our second time to your hostel and again we throughly enjoyed relaxing and taking time away from our busy work and travel schedule to enjoy the oasis you have created in the middle of a very busy city. A sanctuary away from the craziness of China! We will be back for a 3rd time, in the hopefully not too distant future! Thanks a million! :)

• 23rd Apr 2013

This is a great place. Tracy has been fantastic, efficient, and tremendously. A great introduction to China. Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for your wonderful reviews. We are glad you had a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you next time! Wish you a wonderful journey in China!

As a lod backpacker, I stayed here to recall my young memories. Staff are excllent. One of Chinese staffs is a fluent Japanese speaker and I could get all information I wanted. She is very considerate to check the travelling info.

• 10th Apr 2013
  • Japan

Very good staff ! They care about you. All kinds of services are proposed in that guest house. And the price is unbeatable !

• 5th Apr 2013

Believe the good things people have written about this place! Although the outside street is as urban as can be, once you pass through the gates, you are in a nice woodsy refuge. The staff--at reception, the travel center, and the bar/restaurant--are extremely helpful and speak excellent English. There are plenty of activities offered both in the hostel itself and trips to surrounding areas can easily be arranged here. There's plenty of DVDs if you don't feel like going out.

I really enjoyed my 6 nights here. The reception and travel desk were always there to help out guests. The bar was a great place to chat with other travelers. It was also a popular spot for expat English teachers to meet up. The dormitories were excellent; very clean and had many places to keep your things locked up. They had separate bathroom and shower rooms in each room, and others down the hallway if you don't want to wake everybody up.

Very nice triple room on a patio for a fair price. Lovely little garden and warm welcoming ! Will stay there for our next time in chengdu !

Very cool property, with many areas for hanging out, eating, drinking, etc. Games available In common areas. Rooms were comfortable, but a bit worn, and could use more thorough cleaning. The staff were All top notch. They were friendly and always very, very helpful. The map provided was also great, as it showed all useful bus routes, and how to access them from the hostel. Good food at the restaurant, and fair prices. Strongly recommend staying here.

a very well-run hostel, with a lift which came in very useful for the forth floor dorm i stayed in. very clean, with ensuite bathroom. tour desk is very professional, and there is a big notice board outside at the entrance to the hostel with lots of useful information about tours in and around chengdu, including szechuan province. a little far from the metro, and close to a long distance bus station teeming with out-of-towners.